Poll: Will 9.2.5 be the last major content patch for SL?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I just rewatched the interview and what Ion said is the following (59:45): https://www.wowhead.com/news/preach-...iveblog-322060

Ion: ... some doomsayers wondering "is this gonna be like Warlords? Just one tier?" No, there's gonna be something epic and mindblowing up next after this and that's coming along great (Preach and Ion then: aka 9.2. stuff).

Ion basically answered what he considers as another WoD: just one tier. As 9.2 will be a second tier, they already avoided another WoD scenario with that. 9.3 isn't needed to make Ion's statement true. And something epic and mindblowing in 9.2 sounds pretty final as well.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-04-29 at 12:30 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    I think 9.2.5 or 9.3. We se how 9.0 rolls forever so 9.2.5 is very plausible to be an over of SL. At this point i feels a bit like when high promises goin to be not done like late BFA was. But we will see. Im w8in for 9.1. Already lvled 5th alt to max lvl. Done KSM. Done raid. Im a bit bored and left playin till 9.1
    Last edited by czarek; 2021-04-29 at 12:39 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I just rewatched the interview and what Ion said is the following (59:45): https://www.wowhead.com/news/preach-...iveblog-322060

Ion: ... some doomsayers wondering "is this gonna be like Warlords? Just one tier?" No, there's gonna be something epic and mindblowing up next after this and that's coming along great (Preach and Ion then: aka 9.2. stuff).

Ion basically answered what he considers as another WoD: just one tier. As 9.2 will be a second tier, they already avoided another WoD scenario with that. 9.3 isn't needed to make Ion's statement true. And something epic and mindblowing in 9.2 sounds pretty final as well.
    So Ion is out of touch with the community again? Shocked pikauch face.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Ion says this won't be like WoD and there is a 9.2 coming.

WoD, which ended on the .2 patch.

But because you think there's a pattern for two other expansions that you're right and demand timelines rather than, you know, Blizzards own words that this isn't another WoD?
    WoD also only had 1 actual content patch, while SL has 2 content patches (Or, at least we know). So, it wouldn't be like WoD either way, even if it ends on a .2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    So Ion is out of touch with the community again? Shocked pikauch face.jpg
    Nothing about that is out of touch. Stop. There's a lot of other things in the interview to make fun of. This...actually isn't one of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Epic and mindblowing doesn't have to sound final at all. Legion had Argus in the sky and KJ's demise, yet there was still a 7.3.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Epic and mindblowing doesn't have to sound final at all. Legion had Argus in the sky and KJ's demise, yet there was still a 7.3.
    I just want to imagine something epic and mindblowing as an end to Shadowlands and an introduction to 10.x. Give me an epic and mindblowing reason for a world revamp!

10+ Year Old Account
    Timeline absolutely no reason? Extended Shadowlands colliding with WotLK Classic launch? Massive financial loss due to a later release of the next expansion? Most of Shadowlands' major plots getting resolved in 9.1? The Jailer basically ascending towards Azeroth at the end of 9.1? Okay, it's all moot if you say so.
    Yep, you totally make sense. Of course except the minor detail that you dont.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    Tier sets yes but im sure its not the class tier sets people wanted sigh..... they pretty much said next expansion they would be back.
    Ion specifically said class tier sets. He didn't say 9.2 though, he said "on our next adventure".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Yep, you totally make sense. Of course except the minor detail that you dont.
    I can't compete with this excellent line of argumentation, sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ion specifically said class tier sets. He didn't say 9.2 though, he said "on our next adventure".

- - - Updated - - -

I can't compete with this excellent line of argumentation, sorry.
    Well since you need your idiocity pointed out... lets see.

"Colide with wotlk classic" - That absolutely has no impact since its the same company and even the same game, infact it will make old players try out new xpac and retail players keep playing on wotlk.

"Massive financial loss" - Yep blizz totally gonna go bankrupt because their xpac is 6 months later, especially because the expansion itself is their main source of income... Ha!

And i could probably keep going considering all the crap you been spewing throughout this entire thread, but lets keep it at this for now, shall we?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I said "no" but I PRAY that 9.2 will be finish of this expansion coz I hate it so much.

There’s gonna be 9.3

9.2 will be the forces that the jailer uses to attack Azeroth along with our discovery of his weaknesses

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Right now, I'm raid logging and doing 1 weekly key. I don't even bother with soul ash anymore and the maw is so bad I don't even care about the last 2 sockets. I wish I wanted to play more but there is nothing else worth logging in for.

I couldn't wait to log in to play wrath and legion at the same points in their lifecycle
    That's fair, I think we've all felt that. Once I got exalted with Venari I pretty much stopped going there aside from the weekly quest. For me the raid logging was at its strongest in Wotlk (after i had leveled 10 alts or so). The whole "running laps around a city waiting for something to happen" was at its strongest in Wotlk/Cata for me. Now I do some Anima WQs here and there, it's very optional but something to work towards slowly.

Legion was pretty great with that IMO. For all the frustration about the bad invisible cap on legendaries (before they fixed it), the carrot of knowing you could always get a legendary (or TF) from somewhere did make me play the game a lot and I didn't even mind jumping into LFR/Normal occasionally, or doing the extra Emissary in hopes to get something out of it. I do miss that extra reward from content now.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    They're clearly rushing Shadowlands.
    If they are so clearly rushing Shadowlands why is this first patch the longest since...ever? They even cancelled raid testing last week because they are working on stability and other things. They are clearly taking their time to release patches (which IMO is a good sign that they are intending to deliver a quality product).

On-topic i don't know if 9.3 will happen but there will be 4 "seasons" on SL no doubt, maybe one season with a "minor" patch (3 boss raid or so).

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Everything is shaping up pointing in that direction:

• The Jailor wins in SoD and ascends to greater power
    • Sylvanas boss in 9.1.
    • The Primus is back.
    • Tier Sets coming back in 9.2
    • Sylvanas book later this year
    • no more customization confirmed
    • Blizzard continuously taking two steps back and one step forward with the expansion
    • no serious class balancing confirmed for specs like survival, frost mage, enh, and more.
    • no covenant ripcords confirmed
    • blizzard fighting against the community on between what they want and what they think they want ...again!!

And with COVID-19 added, I wouldn't be surprised if SL has only 2 and a half patches.
    It will. We already aim at year without new content, if Blizzard will consider TBC Classic to be more profitable for them, than release of 9.1 and will release it earlier, than 9.1. It would be actually great, if SL wouldn't be WOD 2.0. At least WOD was replayable and kept me busy till release of flying in Legion in 7.2. And SL is just terrible xpack, where Blizzard assume, that they can keep players subbed via stretching content infinitely.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    It will. We already aim at year without new content, if Blizzard will consider TBC Classic to be more profitable for them, than release of 9.1 and will release it earlier, than 9.1. It would be actually great, if SL wouldn't be WOD 2.0. At least WOD was replayable and kept me busy till release of flying in Legion in 7.2. And SL is just terrible xpack, where Blizzard assume, that they can keep players subbed via stretching content infinitely.
    Wait what? Are you saying 9.1 is coming out in December?!

• The Jailor wins in SoD and ascends to greater power
    • Sylvanas boss in 9.1.
    • The Primus is back.
    • Tier Sets coming back in 9.2
    • Sylvanas book later this year
    What does any of that have to do with SL patches? You're jus stating facts. There's no telling where the story will go and how long Blizzard can draw that out.

• Blizzard continuously taking two steps back and one step forward with the expansion
    The rest of your post is specific, yet this is vague. Why is this a bullet point, and why is this relevant?

• no serious class balancing confirmed for specs like survival, frost mage, enh, and more.
    Where was this confirmed? And why is frost mage and enh lumped in with survival? Those specs are actually fine.

• no covenant ripcords confirmed
    This is a personal qualm with SL systems, not a reason why this expansion would be cut short.

• blizzard fighting against the community on between what they want and what they think they want ...again!!
    Same point as above. What does this have to do with SL timelines?

Overall, you seem unhappy with Shadowlands, and particularly with how the systems won't evolve how you'd like them too. You're absolutely entitled to these opinions. However, that doesn't explain how SL would be a shorter expansion, like WoD.

Personally, I think the 9.1 delay is unexpected and likely an internal struggle for Blizzard. They likely have plans for a 9.2 and a 9.3, and the 9.1 delay is throwing off their timelines. That sucks for all of us. I'm sure Blizzard leadership is even more disappointed than we are. While you may not like the SL systems, one thing that I like about them is they have room to grow, unlike ALL of the BfA systems. Deeper soulbinds, more conduits, more renown + more covenant story, expanding on Torghast, equip multiple legendaries + introduce new ones. There's a lot of juice left in this expansion and it doesn't require layering on even more systems. With catch up mechanics introduced in the next couple of patches, I'm positive this expansion will become better and better over time. You'll likely be able to max out soulbinds, acquire legendaries, and switch covenants far quicker than today, and that'll add a ton of replay value. If the end of BfA, a garbage expansion, can be fun, SL can get there too.

Quote Originally Posted by guisadop View Post
    No, there must always be a Jailer...
    Yes Sylvanas.
    I have been waiting TBC longer than I imagined

I just want to imagine something epic and mindblowing as an end to Shadowlands and an introduction to 10.x. Give me an epic and mindblowing reason for a world revamp!
    I’ve made a 10.0 theory before, but essentially I think a time skip and underground situation is impossible. I think 10.0 will have the Undermine and whatnot, but also the Dragon Isles, the Light, Farahlon, a world revamp, etc. then 11.0 can be about Sargeras, the Void Lords, etc. Or it could be all of that in 1 expac.

Expect Shadowlands to be dragged out with content for 2+ years. The expansion after this one will be The Army of Light most likely, and after that I could see Blizzard doing a giant reset and releasing World of Warcraft 2. All the tech demos for the zones remade in Unreal Engine make me believe the whole game will be fresh with all players starting over, but "Classic" servers preserving all the content we earned in WoW1. I imagine Blizzard wants all the time in the world to work on what comes next, so I'd predict WoW2 in 2026, Army of Light 2023, and Shadowlands getting content drips all along.

What I'd really like to see if just one more new Class added to the game, give us Necromancers or Tinkerers already!

10+ Year Old Account

• no more customization confirmed
    Do you have any source on that? I cant find anything in the latest interview.