10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    These retrumplicans and rethuglicans are sitting in their chairs laid back and not clapping are embarassing themselves by showing how useless and childish they are
    Biden even gave them credit for the stimulus, when not a single one voted for it.

/spit
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    There was a certain "Biden is a corporate shill" someone on this board who swore by Joe Rogan's "ideals" and stated that Rogan quite unequivocally voicing support for Trump was "taking Rogan out of context"
    It's been a year.
    Looking back a year into the Mega-Thread: 2020 United States General Election

It's been quite the journey for some people. From "Biden is a republican rapist I can never vote for", to "Biden gave the most progressive congressional address since Obama, LBJ, FDR!"

If they didnt get their politics third hand from >podcasters>reddit>twitter> ... they would have saved themselves 14 months of grief.

Also the year anniversary of that guy flying from belgium, to florida to vote for Trump and "burn it all down".

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    It's been a year.

It's been quite the journey for some people. From "Biden is a republican rapist I can never vote for", to "Biden gave the most progressive congressional address since Obama, LBJ, FDR!"

If they didnt get their politics third hand from >podcasters>reddit>twitter> ... they would have saved themselves 14 months of grief.

Also the year anniversary of that guy flying from belgium, to florida to vote for Trump and "burn it all down".
    You make me sorry that I have ever say anything even nice about President Biden. But just for a moment. You are not worth spending any more energy or time than that. You seem to be a clever republican troll trying to divide democrats.

It's been a year.

In all fairness though. The issues people from the left had with Biden was valid based on decades of his history including during Obama's tenure.
    One could say that Biden evolved a bit by instead of trying to appeal to Republican politicians he tries to appeal to the Republican leaning voters (those that aren't terrible human beings).

Also words are cheap actions matter.

It's been a year.

I am a cynic so this is my opinion and you probably won't agree but I can't help but think that Biden "progressiveness" isn't really genuine. The fact are that unless he applies political pressure to people like Joe Manchin and Sinema none of these "progressive" pronouncements will pass. There are obvious things like the "commission" on expanding the supreme court that have been praised by the federalist society you know the right wing extremist group that has tainted the courts.

Until I see him putting political capital and getting these things passed by getting the filibuster modified this is all empty talk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    In all fairness though. The issues people from the left had with Biden was valid based on decades of his history including during Obama's tenure.
    That’s not what he is talking about... did ya’ll forget the “Biden is a rapist” bullshit? In fact, one of the talking points I was bringing up during that bullshit, was mentioned yesterday. When Biden demanded the violence against women act, that Biden wrote, be reinstated. Since it hasn’t been renewed since March of 2019.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    It's been a year.

Those are just words, you do realize that right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    You make me sorry that I have ever say anything even nice about President Biden. But just for a moment. You are not worth spending any more energy or time than that. You seem to be a clever republican troll trying to divide democrats.
    I disagree... they weren’t the ones calling me a rape apologist, for saying I am voting Biden. I think those people were trying really hard to shame people into not supporting Biden. Going harder to tell the left that voting doesn’t mater, while telling people to ignore Trump, because he doesn’t mater. One of the “leftist” he mentioned about Florida, still pops in between infractions for talking about ills of a specific race’s culture.

Unlike their fake outrage about Biden’s rape, that has faded with evidence... calling me a rape apologist is personal and I do still hold a grudge.

Maybe ya’ll don’t spend as much time on social media, but poisoning the well, which is what Milchshake is referring to, is an extremely common tact. While the ire they get for picking on house of Grey Joy, is something even Chomsky has done... In fact, I am going to paraphrase, but my favorite line from Chomsky to Joy, was in regards to “force the vote”... “How does demanding a loss, help progressive causes? How does losing, advance progressive ideas?”...

I think it’s a bit misguided to call them out, instead of pointing out that the “left” they were referring to, would rather court Joe Rogan, than Chomsky... because he has a greater audience. It also doesn’t make sense to claim support for Bernie, but then disregard his endorsements, once he lost.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Those are just words, you do realize that right?
    So are those of every single progressive in the country. Biden used said words to the largest audience, to hear said words, than any online progressive or academic.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    He seems like a Shareblue employee to me. The nature of the shilling reminds me of the comical booster enthusiasm that it's just hard to believe anyone holds sincerely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    He seems like a Shareblue employee to me. The nature of the shilling reminds me of the comical booster enthusiasm that it's just hard to believe anyone holds sincerely.
    This is an interesting dichotomy right here... You are calling him a blue shill, while responding to someone calling him a Republican troll. Insert your favorite “very interesting” meme, here:

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    This is an interesting dichotomy right here... You are calling him a blue shill, while responding to someone calling him a Republican troll. Insert your favorite “very interesting” meme, here:
    There's something that's just off in the way that gives the impression of an op. Dedicated right-wing false flag? Sure, could be. I suppose the most likely answer is that the whole schtick really is sincere, even though it's patently absurd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I am a cynic so this is my opinion and you probably won't agree but I can't help but think that Biden "progressiveness" isn't really genuine. The fact are that unless he applies political pressure to people like Joe Manchin and Sinema none of these "progressive" pronouncements will pass. There are obvious things like the "commission" on expanding the supreme court that have been praised by the federalist society you know the right wing extremist group that has tainted the courts.

Until I see him putting political capital and getting these things passed by getting the filibuster modified this is all empty talk.
    He just laid out a pretty progressive policy plan, to millions of Americans. What if those millions watching, liked what Biden said? What if those millions, put pressure on Munchin and Sinema, to support this plan?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    There's something that's just off in the way that gives the impression of an op. Dedicated right-wing false flag? Sure, could be. I suppose the most likely answer is that the whole schtick really is sincere, even though it's patently absurd.
    No, it’s not to the bold... I quoted Chomsky sharing the sentiment. The reaction of him being two opposites, means he created two drastically different impressions. Like I said... it’s very interesting how that happens.

Edit: If your opinion gets under the skin of both conservatives and liberals, I tend to think they are on the right page.

Edit 2: They are creating unity... coombaya...

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and Biden stole my tact... gave me 0 credit... You liked him repeatedly saying “We the people”? Remember when I used to post the Gadsden flag, when arguing about Trump authoritarian policy, to his supporters?

Biden going populist... yo...
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-04-29 at 01:05 PM.

I disagree... they weren’t the ones calling me a rape apologist, for saying I am voting Biden. I think those people were trying really hard to shame people into not supporting Biden. Going harder to tell the left that voting doesn’t mater, while telling people to ignore Trump, because he doesn’t mater. One of the “leftist” he mentioned about Florida, still pops in between infractions for talking about ills of a specific race’s culture.

Unlike their fake outrage about Biden’s rape, that has faded with evidence... calling me a rape apologist is personal and I do still hold a grudge.

Maybe ya’ll don’t spend as much time on social media, but poisoning the well, which is what Milchshake is referring to, is an extremely common tact. While the ire they get for picking on house of Grey Joy, is something even Chomsky has done... In fact, I am going to paraphrase, but my favorite line from Chomsky to Joy, was in regards to “force the vote”... “How does demanding a loss, help progressive causes? How does losing, advance progressive ideas?”...

I think it’s a bit misguided to call them out, instead of pointing out that the “left” they were referring to, would rather court Joe Rogan, than Chomsky... because he has a greater audience. It also doesn’t make sense to claim support for Bernie, but then disregard his endorsements, once he lost.

- - - Updated - - -

So are those of every single progressive in the country. Biden used said words to the largest audience, to hear said words, than any online progressive or academic.
    lets not forget "by supporting biden you want to kill middle eastern children, so don't vote!" and "me and my family will literally die if biden is elected!!"
    very u n d i v i s i v e.

He just laid out a pretty progressive policy plan, to millions of Americans. What if those millions watching, liked what Biden said? What if those millions, put pressure on Munchin and Sinema, to support this plan?
    Am I just too old? I remember Obama, Clinton giving these big progressive speeches to millions and nothing happening, they are just words. The only thing senators respond to is political and financial pressure from their parties. In the end no one cares about speeches they care about action, we are at the precipice here. The republican party are rigging the system for 2022 and 2024, they can now legally throw out the votes of people they don't like. The supreme court is a right wing extremist body that will back them up and you are swooning over speeches.

If Biden doesn't do whatever it takes to move the needle Trump or one of his clones will win in 2024 with a strong republican majority and there's zero chance he will not make himself president for life.

Am I just too old? I remember Obama, Clinton giving these big progressive speeches to millions and nothing happening, they are just words. The only thing senators respond to is political and financial pressure from their parties. In the end no one cares about speeches they care about action, we are at the precipice here. The republican party are rigging the system for 2022 and 2024, they can now legally throw out the votes of people they don't like. The supreme court is a right wing extremist body that will back them up and you are swooning over speeches.

If Biden doesn't do whatever it takes to move the needle Trump or one of his clones will win in 2024 with a strong republican majority and there's zero chance he will not make himself president for life.
    nothing happening? i think the AHA & gay marriage would disagree.
    obviously politics is always gonna be a "shoot for the moon, maybe land among the stars" deal.

Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    nothing happening? i think the AHA & gay marriage would disagree.
    obviously politics is always gonna be a "shoot for the moon, maybe land among the stars" deal.
    Gay marriage was due to the supreme court something that would not happen today heck it may get reversed once the right has power. I think you mean the ACA the program that Trump gutted without the need for congress /slowclap.

Gay marriage was due to the supreme court something that would not happen today heck it may get reversed once the right has power. I think you mean the ACA the program that Trump gutted without the need for congress /slowclap.
    Ah, so when things do happen they just don't count. They mattered enough that trump & co ran on trying to eliminate and/or oppose them.
    Nevermind the blatant obstructionism that also occurred during Obama's terms.
    I mean, sure its early on but maybe save the complaining till after the "nothing" happens.

10+ Year Old Account

Biden has already been more progressive than Obama. I liked Piker’s take... It’s like sucking on grapefruit after a lemon, and thinking it tastes sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    Ah, so when things do happen they just don't count. They mattered enough that trump & co ran on trying to eliminate and/or oppose them.
    Nevermind the blatant obstructionism that also occurred during Obama's terms.
    I mean, sure its early on but maybe save the complaining till after the "nothing" happens.
    Because history is repeating itself the reason the ACA was entangled so easily was because it was compromised to hell by "blue dog" democrats and in the spirit of "bipartisanship". And I reject the it's too early narrative we have 1 year 2022 is just around the corner and you can say goodbye to the house of representatives unless HR1 passes.

- - - Updated - - -

Biden has already been more progressive than Obama. I liked Piker’s take... It’s like sucking on grapefruit after a lemon, and thinking it tastes sweet.
    He's only passed one major bill executive orders get reversed or have you learned nothing from Trump's 4 years? and you get no argument from me that Obama was not progressive, he was a moderate near conservative president.

Because history is repeating itself the reason the ACA was entangled so easily was because it was compromised to hell by "blue dog" democrats and in the spirit of "bipartisanship". And I reject the it's too early narrative we have 1 year 2022 is just around the corner and you can say goodbye to the house of representatives unless HR1 passes.
    frankly i'd be shocked if dems kept the house in any case.
    ask a person on the street if they know what HR1 is.