Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, with the ease that making enough gold to buy a Token or 2 to exchange into B.net money to buy stuff off the store, I don't really even see the point of being mad about Store Mounts these days.

Just think of them as another Gold Sink mount, where the cost is how ever much the Token exchange rate is.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    I dunno, with the ease that making enough gold to buy a Token or 2 to exchange into B.net money to buy stuff off the store, I don't really even see the point of being mad about Store Mounts these days.

Just think of them as another Gold Sink mount, where the cost is how ever much the Token exchange rate is.
    Geez, how dare you make sense in a thread where 10-y check marks are ranting about something that doesn't actually matter at all?

Bold move, mate.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Collector's edition in-game items have been a thing since WoW began. Every expac has launched with special CE stuff. Why do people have a problem with it all of a sudden? Half the Wowhead comments are screaming bloody murder over it.

It's a vanity mount that doesn't affect gameplay at all. Why the salt?
    Boredom, mostly.

But on a more serious note, there are some additional things to consider.
    Some people see "collector's edition" and it's all virtual, what are you collecting if they can turn off the server 1 day after purchase and you have nothing physical to hang onto?
    Mounts in a "shop-like" environment means, in the future, they may introduce more "shop-like" items into these realms, such as maybe some scrapped artwork for weapons or gear from classic/BC as purchasable mog options (b ecause xmog will happen eventually......).

As far as a collector's edition, I like to have something physical to, you know, actually "collect", so if this doesn't come with additional things, like a mini-statue or anything I can hold in my hand/look at not-in-game, it's not really a "collector's edition" to me; it's "paying more for cosmetic stuff".

The latter, the shop, I literally couldn't care less about.
    People lose their minds over an in-game shop for cosmetic things (mounts are cosmetic, as this one has zero added functionality) because they either look better than in-game ones, or the fact that they feel like paying even more money is an outrageous concept.
    I've purchases exactly 1 thing from the in-game shop in line with cosmetic things (the bat mount in retail a while back) because I wanted it and it was "on sale" half price for xmas.
    I don't buy anything else bc I honestly don't care (I don't even use the bat anymore) and I'm not bothered by it at all.
    It's there if people want to, and more power to them.

I compare the in-game shop to going to a live event, such as a concert.
    My $15 got me in the door to see the band (play the game), but if I want to eat or drink something, I know I'm paying $12 for a beer, $6 for a shitty slice of pizza, or $10 for some sad chicken fingers.
    Of course I can choose to eat beforehand and only drink water (bottled still $5... highway robbery, but I digress), but I am choosing to enjoy a beer at 6x the cost.
    Same with the in-game shop; you are buying a beer instead of just drinking water from the fountain.
    If that's your idea of money well spent, more power to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Considering that this is (TBC) Classic, where a WoW Token does not exist, you'd need to play Retail in the first place and make gold in order to take advantage of this.

Of course, you could potentially trade your Classic gold for Retail, but that involves a 3rd party.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    I think it's more the fact that it's a "Collector's Edition" without anything physical to collect. For a game that was released 13 years ago. It's just a glorified store mount for Classic. People hate store mounts because they're usually far better looking/more unique than anything available in-game and the only way to get them is to shell out $25 to a company that we already pay monthly fees just to play the game.

There's never been a Stalker mount like it available in WoW but now we have to buy it? That's a big ol' "Shove it, mate." from me.
    Blizzard has been doing digital collectors for more than a decade now. How anyone is surprised should be itself surprising.

People expect everything when they pay a sub. I don't really agree/care about stuff like cosmetics or mounts from the shop. People should buy it if they really want it or don't. Simple as that.

Digital CE's have been a thing for a long time.

Hard to be "unique" when 100 other people in every major city are also sitting on that mount. Which is why I think purchasable mounts are dumb in the first place. They're too common. When everyone has a special mount, they're not special anymore.

It's a vanity item. Nobody is forcing you to "shell out $25".

The "game shop"....of more vanity mounts and pets that don't affect gameplay? I don't see why that's a problem. It's just vanity items.

If your next statement is going to be "but they'll add more than just vanity items!!"....no, even in retail, the ingame cash shop is just pets and mounts and the usual character services (boost, transfer, name change, etc)

See above. Vanity items with no impact on gameplay. Don't like it? Don't buy it.

It's a vanity item. You don't NEED it. It's not "DLC", it's not "content", it's literally a vanity mount.

So do you have a problem with the original TCG items too? Nobody ever whines about those, despite them being literally the same thing: paying real money for vanity items ingame. And some of these things went for $250 or more, not $25.

yeah, blizz is adding a single store mount, that means tomorrow they're gonna add permanent infinite level 70 boosts and LFR and WoW token and make every single item BoE

First time I've ever agreed with every single word Anon1337 has written. Spot on.

What a day. And, TBC ftw (getting that mount too, take my 400k gold blizzard)

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    I mean wasn't it WotLK when the shop happened anyway? Just getting it an expansion early now. Just don't buy the thing if you don't want it. If it upsets you so much then quit the game. I don't know what else to really say about it at this point because it is obvious they are doing it. They have already pull the plug on the investment it looks like.
    People do quit the game over stuff that upsets them so much, they don't need your insight or guidance. The reason people make posts to complain about the game is because they enjoy playing the game and would enjoy it more if Blizzard fixed the things they have a problem with. If enough people have a problem with it, it's in Blizzard's interests to implement the suggestion versus telling all their customers to pound sand and play another game.

It's why companies put out surveys to their customers. It's why Blizzard puts out surveys to their customers, especially when they leave. Blizzard would much rather hear what people are complaining about then watch them all silently leave their game.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    BUT i dont care about other people cosmetics, if someone is wiling to pay for them why the hell not? its his thing, doesnt affect me at all, its not like those things would be in game without store, they simply wouldnt exist...
    It kind of does affect you though, albeit to a samll extent. A lot of cool mounts are only available in the store. Ignoring the fact that you can turn gold into gametime via the WoW token, the ONLY way to get these mounts is to fork over cash. Why couldn't these be raid rewards?

Fact is, any store content is content that could have been in-game. But no, it's not enough that we pay for expansions and subs. We need to pay more for content that should be available in game. It's cosmetics only, sure, but we've already agreed that cosmetics matter.

And while you can argue that this is all minor in retail, store mounts are more egregious in a game that is recreating an experience before microtransactions. That's one of the appeals of the the game!

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    If they put out a physical copy, sure. But it's created for the game, yet kept from it in the form of dlc.

Either put it in the game for everyone, or don't do it at all. The idea of digital collector's editions should rub even the novices of gamers the wrong way.

THINK ABOUT IT. Why would they create something for the game, only to not put it in there and instead sell it to you as an added bonus?

I promise you, mark my words, one day GRAPHIC SETTINGS in pc games will be DLC or added feature you have to pay for.
    Funny thing is, texture packs for some games (like Monster Hunter) are already DLC. Free DLC sure, but still DLC. I agree with you, the future is a la carte gaming sadly.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    It kind of does affect you though, albeit to a samll extent. A lot of cool mounts are only available in the store. Ignoring the fact that you can turn gold into gametime via the WoW token, the ONLY way to get these mounts is to fork over cash. Why couldn't these be raid rewards?

Fact is, any store content is content that could have been in-game. But no, it's not enough that we pay for expansions and subs. We need to pay more for content that should be available in game. It's cosmetics only, sure, but we've already agreed that cosmetics matter.

And while you can argue that this is all minor in retail, store mounts are more egregious in a game that is recreating an experience before microtransactions. That's one of the appeals of the the game!
    Here is a twist to your logic: Mounts that wouldnt be in the store but in-game wouldnt have been made because they wouldnt worth the extra work for the employer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keelr View Post
    Here is a twist to your logic: Mounts that wouldnt be in the store but in-game wouldnt have been made because they wouldnt worth the extra work for the employer.
    What would apply in this case? Most store content easily fits the theme of the expansion, and could have been developed long before they decided to dedicate them to the store.

Also, there are special mounts that Blizzard has given away for free. The Wandering Ancient, the chopper bikes, etc.

Again, it boils down to a company adding micotranactions to a game that already charges for expansions AND monthly subs. I bet that if there wasn't so much public backlash against loot boxes, they would try to add those in too. It's crazy, and it shouldn't be in the classic version of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Both are items and increase your power when you get a better one, but it's not exactly a wild guess to say that most people rather get an upgrade on their weapon slot than their ring slot.
    It's a bad take. They would choose weapon because it does more. High base dps, swing timers are better, more spell/healing power and then stats. Rings only deliver stats. The mount doesn't deliver any power. A pet doesn't deliver any power. They are equally only valued by the eye and not mathmaticly or though game systems actually "better". It's only a perception of value and not value itself UNLESS it just grants you epic mount speed for no cost. Then a debate of this nature might hold weight.

Right now its just people feel one way or the other of which conflict and disagreement will always exisit. Evrn more so on the internet. But don't mind me. Either way it goes I am happy to be playing TBC. People having this mount or not won't bother me a bit.

I always found complaining about the cash shop to be overdramatic. It's only cosmetics so I really couldn't care less. There's plenty of cosmetics I can get for my sub in game.

My only question, is the boost only connected to this Digital Deluxe edition? I don't really care about the mount, but I would like the boost.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Doesn't change the fact that you cannot tell me that TBC had far bigger costs than the development of Classic where they had to create the necessary tools from scratch.

Especially when we also take into account how much Blizzard lowballed Classic initially and still chose to launch it - without any MTX.

Yes, let us also completely ignore technological advancement that made both the maintenance and development far easier / efficient, automization of the customer support and the fact that WoW in general completely surpassed expectations.
    Blizzard sure as shit did not sit idly on their hands during the last 15 years in order to optimize their whole process.

It is again such a massive assumption on your part to say that without cashshop, Blizzard would have been forced to increase the sub for WoW to remain profitable.
    So please, drop the whole "you don't know shit" act when you make such a blatant assumptions in the favour of a company that still rakes in millions of dollars per year
    I don't know why you think I was making the claim that TBC had far bigger costs. Reducing costs internally does not always translate to lower costs for consumers. They're internal investments to improve profit margins.

Your posts are littered with assumptions. Either stop making them or give others the space to made educated assumptions as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Collector's edition in-game items have been a thing since WoW began. Every expac has launched with special CE stuff. Why do people have a problem with it all of a sudden? Half the Wowhead comments are screaming bloody murder over it.

It's a vanity mount that doesn't affect gameplay at all. Why the salt?
    I don't know. I'm guessing they are offering the CE bundles to try and lure people to classic as it has game time and maybe boost apparently..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    You can literally buy a max level character
    50 is not the max level in retail
    BC already has a boost.
    One-time per account and only level 58.

Yes, pretty much that. And if you cant see that then you lack foresight.
    You people said the same thing about Classic-vanilla and it still hasn't happened.
    Blizz knows there are some lines that they can never cross.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Funny how some people claim "cosmetics don't affect the game at all", yet defend the shop with their lives. If it doesn't why care so much to beat down the people who are against it?
    I'm not defending it. I'm saying it's not worth screeching "WOW IS DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" over. I think store mounts are dumb and I've never bought one. But I also think the people losing their minds over it and crying that TBC is dead and that they're quitting the game over a mount, are equally dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    If you do not understand why adding NEW model to a game that should be classic isn't a problem then you are blizzdr*ne and no one can help you
    Or you are just a crybaby.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well companies aim to make money that one is obvious but it still a new unique mount added to a 14 year old game and its sole purpose is just to create revenue. So obviously it will annoy people who want to get TBC as close to the original as possible. I just think it is silly to have a "deluxe edition" for TBC classic as it is just the same game but well I don't even remember how many versions of Skyrim or GTA V there's been so everybody is doing it at least.

I'm more interested about the boost in this "deluxe" edition. Is this separate from the "regular" boost and if so could one purchase both or does this count as the one boost.

Same way it started with retail. Have no reaction and you're gonna have the same situation as on retail in no time. And apparently since there was not enough reaction to the boost they're doing this now.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B