Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiacla View Post
    No need to be so defensive , sorry if I insulted someone you idolise.

I'm bald irl btw, just not insecure about it.
    i dont idolise him but whatever
    also man imagine being jealous you cant afford to fix it. so instead you shit on people who can.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i dont idolise him but whatever
    also man imagine being jealous you cant afford to fix it. so instead you shit on people who can.
    What is there to fix lol? Growing old?

Biggest thing for me was that when asked about bringing melee to raids, he basically said "Yeah AMZ is too strong, so we may adjust that." Great, so now even the best melee out there won't get taken? How exactly is that going to solve the problem and not make it worse?
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    Regarding the parses, yes. I've looked at item level parses because it strikes me as more fair to compare myself to others of similar gear, rather than the overall parses where people with better gear will obviously pull higher numbers. Is that wrong?
    Looking at ilvl bracket is a nice metric to have for sure but you also have to consider that most of the best players were already in the higher brackets a long time ago so the higher your ilvl goes the better the players you're generally competing against. Imagine lower ilvl brackets is a competition of who is the best fighter in town, and higher ilvl bracket is who is the best fighter in the world out of all the guys who won their local town championship.

At the highest ilvl brackets there are good players getting 95% logs who are green in ilvl bracket, and they may have played completely flawlessly but all of the other situational factors come into play. Logs are massively about the performance of the entire raid and it can be extremely easy for a low geared player to join a raid of much stronger geared players and then get a really good ilvl bracket log just by default of being in an otherwise overgeared raid that kills the boss quickly.

A big part of that is down to Bloodlust uptime. The shorter the fight the more % of the fight duration will have taken place under Bloodlust, and if you look at the best speed kills from previous expansions a few of them were concluded entirely within the duration of Bloodlust, so 100% uptime during the fight.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Because it's so hard to get pieces at Normal raid level with stats you prefer... clearly insurmountable challenge with all the bajillion fucking options you have at that gear level.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh look a victim of Ion's lawyer talk. The things he says, he says for many many years and the way he says them makes different people interpret it differently, because 90% of his talk is vague non-committal musings.

KEKW.
    You're being obnoxious. Stop. Maybe get some better toilet paper, IDK.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    Biggest thing for me was that when asked about bringing melee to raids, he basically said "Yeah AMZ is too strong, so we may adjust that." Great, so now even the best melee out there won't get taken? How exactly is that going to solve the problem and not make it worse?
    I guess you missed the part where he mentioned the encounter design having more impact on melee spots? That's exactly what happens and we haven't seen enough of next tier to know how it will works out.

Also, melee should not be taken just because they bring in some overpowered ability that's vastly superior to the alternatives. Most raid cooldowns have 3 minute timer, but AMZ is only 2 minutes for pretty much no reason. By your logic, we should buff everything to 2 minutes? Blizzard went away from that back when they nerfed Moonkin's tranquility back in... MoP? Cata? Whatever it was, where they made sure raid cooldowns do not go out of control.

10+ Year Old Account
    • There is nothing exactly like the mage tower in the near term, but the team loves it and wants to include something like it in the future.
    I hate when they say stuff like this, just a polite way of saying nope

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    i mean i progressed M Lady with my 203ilvl mage week1 and did about 3,4k-4k dps with 200 conduits and renown 11 "git gud" as ions said yes lol

- - - Updated - - -

You may check your facts my son, Jhon hight (the classic guy) is in charge of the game, not Ion lol BAD lawyer Ion is just a Game Director, Jhon is an Executive Producer and Vice President of WoW (Ion's Boss/higherUp).
    The people higher than Ion don't give a shit. Define game director, what exactly does that mean? in charge? dictator?. You must understand that he's the one who comes up with the A-Z references and never really made sense so??? you believe the higher-ups care? They don't

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    there is zero chance classic has more players,not because retail is better,but simply because its more casual freidnly

also this comparison you make is just silly,ofc people are in oribos,its the main city,and ofc the world can end up feeling more filled in classic,theres only 2 damn contitnents,you dont que for dungeons so you are out in the world more,lvling also takes longer,also there is far less to do in classic so ofc more people just hand around in sw
    What's silly is I've been playing Retail over 14 years now, does that mean whatever I say goes? I just started Classic 2 months ago and the amount of players that are active (regardless of phasing) is still more than I've seen after the shadowlands drought started.

Far less to do in classic? and you're talking about silly? This isn't even a discussion anymore mic drop.

Quote Originally Posted by jk1895 View Post
    This is shit! Torghast makes no sense and fun without drops. Add them!
    I just don't get why they're leaving Torghast as it is. Put some bloody loot in it, seems like such an easy fix to make it worth doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike` View Post
    "Making world quests take longer was a design choice to switch time spent doing world quests vs travel time. Previous expansions players spent way more time traveling between quests over doing them."

I loled, what we have now is more time in world quests and more time in travel time (with removal of flight whistle)

So much bullshit all around, never change Ion
    No-one wanted world quests to take longer. No-one. No-one asked for Pathfinder and being stuck without flying mounts either. Sometimes it feels like Blizzard want to punish me just for trying to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiacla View Post
    What is there to fix lol? Growing old?
    Baldness isn't exclusive to age.

I know a guy who lost most of his hair in his mid-late 20's, and is very insecure about it. There are things to fix if someone considers it to be a problem. Not everyone should see it as a problem, but there's no reason to pretend it's not a problem either.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanious View Post
    What's silly is I've been playing Retail over 14 years now, does that mean whatever I say goes? I just started Classic 2 months ago and the amount of players that are active (regardless of phasing) is still more than I've seen after the shadowlands drought started.

Far less to do in classic? and you're talking about silly? This isn't even a discussion anymore mic drop.
    cmon...i understand that people dont like the stuff you can do in retail,but not wanting to do them doesnt make them go away,dont make me list the 20+ different things you can do in retail vs the literaly 3-4 in classic cmon...

also again...ofc you SEE more people in classic,the land masses are 1/20 of retail,and because all those activities take place in mostly those areas ofc they are more filled

in retail people are queing all the time,people are in arenas,more bgs,rated bgs,farming old raids,doing lfr,normal raids and hc and mythic alone not only is more raiding but more time investment,m+ CONSTANTLY is being done,no1 is farming freaking classic dungeons once they are done with them,heck even when people do pet battles you DONT see them,etc etc

you enjoy classic more...i get it,its fine,i will proly enjoy tbc more,but dont make up shit to cope

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    -a whole lot of unsubstantiated claims and inflammatory comments-
    Firstly "his" was a typo and I meant to write "this" but that's okay. Activision actually knows how to manage a game reasonably well and I feel that Blizzard would benefit from MORE Activision oversight than they currently have. I think that a lot of their issues stem from bad management. As far as game dev turnover, you find me a company that's making successful games that still has most of the same people that it did 16+ years ago.

Do you have ANY proof for any of your claims? Classic started dying off a couple weeks into it. It was a great way for Blizzard to get some cash off an old game, but it completely lost the vanilla WoW community feel within a couple weeks. They had to move their timetables a couple times early on to account for the population dropping even faster than they anticipated and this was obvious to anyone playing at the time. As far as retail goes, try playing on a server with more than 5 people on it or try playing during prime times? I mean you're not going to get an argument from me that Shadowlands is amazing, but there's no indication that it's lower pop than Classic.

The absolute last thing this game needs is the community making decisions about the direction of the game. I can't think of any way to run this game into the ground like a lawn dart faster than that.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    The absolute last thing this game needs is the community making decisions about the direction of the game. I can't think of any way to run this game into the ground like a lawn dart faster than that.
    The community doesn't agree with everything that blizzard changes. If it's broken down into percentages the Dev's can make a collective decision. If the devs decide to make a stupid change it can be shut down. We have forums do we not? we have discussions do we not? They don't listen, they don't care. How in the fuck isn't that justifiable?. People would make fake accounts with fake evidence? We have a system in place that allows us to have discussions but nothing changes. Please explain how exactly will the community destroy the game? Take for example all my post regarding this topic has been nothing but abrasive and toxic correct?. You didn't agree with me correct? So if that system is in place how exactly will the community uphold wrong decisions? mic drop.
    Last edited by Alanious; 2021-04-30 at 03:32 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The community doesn't agree with everything that blizzard changes. If it's broken down into percentages the Dev's can make a collective decision. If the devs decide to make a stupid change it can be shut down. We have forums do we not? we have discussions do we not? They don't listen, they don't care. How in the fuck isn't that justifiable?. People would make fake accounts with fake evidence? We have a system in place that allows us to have discussions but nothing changes. Please explain how exactly will the community destroy the game? Take for example all my post regarding this topic has been nothing but abrasive and toxic correct?. You didn't agree with me correct? So if that system is in place how exactly will the community uphold wrong decisions? mic drop.
    What the community wants and what is best for the game can be and often are two entirely different things. Popular doesn't necessarily equal good. I'd rather have professionals in charge of decision making than the community or emotional content creators.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

What the community wants and what is best for the game can be and often are two entirely different things. Popular doesn't necessarily equal good. I'd rather have professionals in charge of decision making than the community or emotional content creators.
    Fully agree.
    The thing is that Blizzard devs are "rockstars", with mind-blowing childish attitudes who are sadly more "emotional" than those who you are refering to.
    Blizzard devs are the ones who get OFFENDED if their products are not well-received.

Hell, if I go to a restaurant and my food tastes like shit, I demand my money back AT LEAST, and not the opposite that the chef comes out and lectures me about how my privilege of having good taste buds offends them. What a clown world!

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i wonder why is always that image of Smug ion in the thumbnails and in the foruns.
    Because it makes people want to punch him. Which makes the hate go up which in turn makes the flamewar heat which in turn makes more activity on websites/forums/etc,

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    I'm sorry you felt the need to make a defensive comment over my wishes for the game, and hope your needs in this game are eventually met in a way that satisfies you.

But as of right now, I'm only stating my desires for the game, as Torghast is entirely unrewarding and null the moment you've got your BIS legendary. M+ rewards detract from raids and also nullifies raid progression if you don't care about/don't have the time for mythic difficulty. Not to mention as seasons go by, every dungeon still drops all the same gear with all the same effects, becoming incredibly stale and boring. Imagine if every new raid dropped the same tier sets, same appearances as the last one. Just isn't fun.
    isnt that exactly what we have now with trinkets being the only exception (if you can call it an exception with the insane amount of nomalization surounding them)? only difference from raid tier to raid tier is Ilvl. the exact same as the M+ you're trying to chastise? also the appearance part is as close to irrelevant as it gets with Tmog in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Remove conduits, put in actual cosmetic rewards for Torghast, reduce ilvl rewards for M+, and give us real valor points for raids. That's it. That's all you gotta do, Ion.

His comment about borrowed power so far is the only step in the right direction here. How they choose to move away from it and what they'll replace it with is a careful step they'll have to make, however.
    oh god pls no.

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    If I wanted to DPS, I'd play a DPS spec...P E R I O D. Why even have dps specs in the first place if every class and spec is expected to dps? Such horseshit. I really despise this direction.
    youd rather do nothing during periods when theres nothing to heal? maybe instead of dps, when theres nothing to heal you could have support spells that buffs dps players or maybe build up a dmg reduction on tank/raid as prep for incoming dmg spike, just an idea.
    Last edited by mojusk; 2021-04-30 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    isnt that exactly what we have now with trinkets being the only exception (if you can call it an exception with the insane amount of nomalization surounding them)? only difference from raid tier to raid tier is Ilvl. the exact same as the M+ you're trying to chastise? also the appearance part is as close to irrelevant as it gets with Tmog in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

oh god pls no.
    M+ gear overrewards you, and gives you quite the edge through your progression in a raid.

Normal raids can be skipped entirely. Heroic is made a lot more trivial. Overall difficulty and time spent progressing is down.

Quite a large amount of people care about what new appearances are released throughout the game. Especially raid tier sets, which have made their return. Have you not seen people talking about it?

No idea what you mean about the trinkets. However, both modes clearly need to be separated from one another. Progression just feels awful and many people agree. I'm but making a simple suggestion among many on fixing it.

What the community wants and what is best for the game can be and often are two entirely different things. Popularity doesn't necessarily equal good. I'd rather have professionals in charge of decision-making than the community or emotional content creators.
    Could you define professional?
    (BFA)
    1) Twilight Devastation (Professional)
    2) Infinite Stars (Professional)
    3) Oozing Wounds (Professional)
    (Shadowlands)
    4) Divine Toll? (Absolute Professional)
    5) Combustion Meteor ( God Tier Professional)
    6) Elemental Shamans? ( Fantasy Professional)
    7)Chorghast ( Slavery Professional)
    I can keep going if you'd like?
    Ion has recirculating answers to every question he's asked. His examples are absolute bullshit, his explanations towards changes are based on your quote "I Feel" which ties to "emotion" and not facts. It's a Development problem "not a player problem". It's the most ignorant response you can get out of a person trying to convenience himself he's correct when he's absolutely wrong. As for popular? I think you mistake proven fuck ups and failures are a part of the learning curve that's used on a major platform for whenever things don't work out. If you're aware that we have community leaders who are far more skilled than the average player you'd consider popular then so be it. The small percentage of them would make far better decisions than the entire fucking Dev team. After all, you're aware only 1 Dev is assigned to every class right? Nothing governs these changes should he tie his bias opinion to it.
    There are no solutions to ignorant Mf's you just let them rot, Professional idiots are more like it, if you cant accept logic you're fucking ignorant and that ties into emotion.
    Last edited by Alanious; 2021-05-02 at 06:07 AM.