Poll: Will 9.2.5 be the last major content patch for SL?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    SUMMER 2023? thats crazy. With how SL is shaping up, Blizzard cant afford waiting with 10.0 that long. SL feels just as WoD and they did smart in leaving that xpac behind.
    Or they bring real good content in 9.2 and 9.3. They can include all the cool stuff pll expect in 10.0 earlier. As mentioned, i prefer waiting some more time for good tier patches, than playing rushed out stuff, skipped content and then a rushed out 10.0. but this is just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Ion says this won't be like WoD and there is a 9.2 coming.

WoD, which ended on the .2 patch.

But because you think there's a pattern for two other expansions that you're right and demand timelines rather than, you know, Blizzards own words that this isn't another WoD?
    With the way SL is trending and received by the community, cutting losses early like WOD would be the wisest thing they can do

SL is a lost cause, but if they worked hard they could make 10.0 more like 7.0 and less like 9.0

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bee76 View Post
    Or they bring real good content in 9.2 and 9.3. They can include all the cool stuff pll expect in 10.0 earlier. As mentioned, i prefer waiting some more time for good tier patches, than playing rushed out stuff, skipped content and then a rushed out 10.0. but this is just my opinion.
    Judging from 9.1 lack of originality, I wouldn’t hold out hope for 9.2

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    ion quite literally said it wouldn't be like WoD in the recent interview, so no.
    This is coming from the same company that promised Sylvanas wouldn't be a repeat of Garrosh. Correct me if I'm wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Giovaaa View Post
    This is coming from the same company that promised Sylvanas wouldn't be a repeat of Garrosh. Correct me if I'm wrong!
    But you see it isn’t a repeat because she drops a bow and he dropped shoulders and an axe

Totally different. /sarcasm

no, he specifically said that "i know there are a lot of doomsayers, but it won't be like wod" in regards of patches.
    why do you listen to what he says?
    he can say all he want, if some effective activision manager decides to stop wasting money on a bad product no one likes anymore - they will stop
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

ion quite literally said it wouldn't be like WoD in the recent interview, so no.
    This.

Honestly people need to get out of the mindset of "I don't like it so it must fail!".
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

This doesn't make any sense though from a company perspective. 9.3 isn't bringing them any fresh money. Features sell expansions, that's why all the "good" stuff is part of an expansion announcement. What you described is good for players, but bad for companies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    This.

Honestly people need to get out of the mindset of "I don't like it so it must fail!".
    I'll quote myself because the "not another WoD" argument to prove that 9.3 is coming is a fallacy:

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I just rewatched the interview and what Ion said is the following (59:45): https://www.wowhead.com/news/preach-...iveblog-322060

Ion: ... some doomsayers wondering "is this gonna be like Warlords? Just one tier?" No, there's gonna be something epic and mindblowing up next after this and that's coming along great (Preach and Ion then: aka 9.2. stuff).

Ion basically answered what he considers as another WoD: just one tier. As 9.2 will be a second tier, they already avoided another WoD scenario with that. 9.3 isn't needed to make Ion's statement true.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-04-29 at 03:03 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

BFA reached a .3 patch cycle and I would say that expac was in a worse spot than SL currently is. Blizz is going to try to avoid having another expac cut short, simply because of the notoriety that does and it will negatively affect player confidence.

The only tell-tale sign will be is if 9.2 sees a significant drop in content release. So far -- 9.1 seems to have more investment than 7.1 and 8.1 did on launch, so we can only assume support to SL has not been cut yet or is on the table.
    Last edited by TidalConflux; 2021-04-29 at 02:59 PM.

Dunno, hard to tell. Personally I’m hoping it’s one of the longest expansions yet, if they can keep me this entertained. I’m loving the lore from this patch, and it’s got me on the edge of my seat for the next new patch of lore in 9.1

Don’t we only have a year and half-ish left for this expansion?

9.3 may not happen and in its place a prepatch

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TidalConflux View Post
    BFA reached a .3 patch cycle and I would say that expac was in a worse spot than SL currently is. Blizz is going to try to avoid having another expac cut short, simply because of the notoriety that does and it will negatively affect player confidence.

The only tell-tale sign will be is if 9.2 sees a significant drop in content release. So far -- 9.1 seems to have more investment than 7.1 and 8.1 did on launch, so we can only assume support to SL has not been cut yet or is on the table.
    9.1 will be a lot of things happening time gated with the introduction of SoD the story doesn't stop there but only is the beginning.

3+ Year Old Account
    Yes they will give you for free content other companies would make you pay for, because that's just the kind of company they are /s

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    With the way SL is trending and received by the community, cutting losses early like WOD would be the wisest thing they can do

SL is a lost cause, but if they worked hard they could make 10.0 more like 7.0 and less like 9.0

Judging from 9.1 lack of originality, I wouldn’t hold out hope for 9.2
    Wait, did you like Legion?

My man, I thought you disliked all of modern WoW. Not that this got any relevance, but now I lightened up. TBC ftw too eh?

Btw, even less like 8.0 plz. I wished they scrapped 8.3. Man, that was the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Wait, did you like Legion?

My man, I thought you disliked all of modern WoW. Not that this got any relevance, but now I lightened up. TBC ftw too eh?

Btw, even less like 8.0 plz. I wished they scrapped 8.3. Man, that was the worst.
    nah my dude, Legion was fantastic, it is my 3rd favorite expansion of all time TBH. New class, new races, M+ was a hell of a lot more fun than it is in BFA/SL, the artifact weapons were much better than BFA and SL's grind, the mage tower > Torghast/Warfronts, and the raids were pretty good (first one was a bit soft, but nighthold made up for it). More than anything else, legion remembered that its supposed to be fun. Also, it is (IMHO) the best paced expansion in wow history. Right when you started to get sick of a raid, bam, a new one. Legion was the most fun i've had with WoW since WoW's golden age

A lot of the things that don't work for me now, worked for me in legion. I loved TBC, but im on the fence for TBC classic but may dip my toes into it.
    Last edited by justandulas; 2021-04-29 at 04:13 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beuargh View Post
    yea ... because that dude would certainly come in an interview and tell the community it's gonna be the same as WoD, when everybody know the shitstorm that would come with it. he's gonna sugarcoat everything for you to swallow as long as you're ready to eat the shit he's throwing at you.
    Well, technically SL won't be another WoD since it will have two actual content patches. But SL certainly does have a WoD aftertaste... at least to me. I remember that eight months after launch, I used to play a lot, whether it was BC, Cata, Legion, or even !@#$ing BfA. But I simply cba to login with SL.
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2021-04-29 at 05:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    nah my dude, Legion was fantastic, it is my 3rd favorite expansion of all time TBH. New class, new races, M+ was a hell of a lot more fun than it is in BFA/SL, the artifact weapons were much better than BFA and SL's grind, the mage tower > Torghast/Warfronts, and the raids were pretty good (first one was a bit soft, but nighthold made up for it). More than anything else, legion remembered that its supposed to be fun. Also, it is (IMHO) the best paced expansion in wow history. Right when you started to get sick of a raid, bam, a new one. Legion was the most fun i've had with WoW since WoW's golden age

A lot of the things that don't work for me now, worked for me in legion. I loved TBC, but im on the fence for TBC classic but may dip my toes into it.
    Come on man, don't copy my mind. It is like it was me that wrote this Granted, I like SL way better than BfA, but I don't think we will get Legion quality again unfortunately.

I always find it great when people who have quite the different view on things find something they really enjoy. Maybe it isn't so different afterall.

If we get 9.1 in June/July, we'll get 9.2 at the end of the year, and then potentially 9.3 mid 2022. End of year 2022 release for 10.0. They can still do it.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    If we get 9.1 in June/July, we'll get 9.2 at the end of the year, and then potentially 9.3 mid 2022. End of year 2022 release for 10.0. They can still do it.
    Taking into account that every single expansion since Cata had at least 10 month content drought, the chances of that happening are pretty close to 0, unless 9.3 is an absolutely lightweight patch.

5+ Year Old Account
    6 months between 9.3 and 10.0? Not even in Legion they were able to do it, and they were pumping out content at a much faster pace at that time.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

For that to happen they wouldn’t just have to catch up, they would have to accelerate their development.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again