Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    They should but they wont.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I'm personally of the opinion that gear you get from content, shld be good enough to allow you to beat the content and step into the next difficulty level. Blizzard has shared my opinion for 16 years now. Some ppl think all content, no matter the difficulty, shld eventually get u to the best geared. This has never been the case unless you consider outdated content from previous patches or legacy xpacs.
    This is exactly the archaic belief that needs to vanish. It no longer functions in the game at all. You and Blizzard need to change the mindset on this because it's inhibiting the progression of the game and directly causing the problems that people are complaining about right now including in this discussion.

The root of the problem here is that you are caught up with the "best gear" and people getting the "best gear". You will burn down the forest as long as it keeps a few trees alive. Under your belief structure, you project that players should be forced into very specific progression paths such as high end M+ or mythic raiding in order for them to continue progressing. The reality is that players don't take that step into that content but instead just stop playing. Whether that's quitting entirely or it's just quitting a specific alt once progressions paths vanish, it's setting the END of progression at that point.

This is exactly where the failure is at. When the progression paths end, the content ends. The gameplay ends. If I'm on an ilvl 203ish character, if I don't want to grind out m+ or raid on that character, then I just don't play that character anymore because there's no other progression paths available.

There is a key distinction that you must comprehend if you want to discuss this topic and that's the difference between "best gear" and "progression". Progression is necessary for players to continue playing. There must be some way to progress your character otherwise there's no carrot on the end of the stick. There's no reason to log in. If that means that it allows people to progress their character over the course of a patch to the "best gear" then so what. You have just enabled progression for a huge amount of time for players and given them a reason to continue playing. You can make m+ or raiding a more efficient way of progression, that's not a problem, but making them the only means to progression is killing content.

The next question is "for what?" For what reason is it imperative to prevent players who aren't doing high end m+ and mythic raiding from getting the "best gear"? Right now, gear almost doesn't matter at all. Content is on farm and people who aren't on farm can get carried by those who do have the gear. When the next patch comes out, the previous tier gear will become completely obsolete. This isn't like the days in Vanilla and BC where you needed to farm previous tiers in order to be competitive with the current tier. The catch up mechanics happen each patch. M+ and Raiders get the gear faster and more efficiently. Other progression paths get the gear slower and with more time investment. It's covering all sides of the picture and it enables content rather than restricts it.

The gear you get from your content is good enough. If better gear didn't exist, ud be happy playing your game. But u see someone with better gear and get envious. That gear isn't locked from you. You just have to do the content.
    This right here is exactly the myopic, entitled and archaic belief that needs to die. It needs to die in every sense of the word. It is HORRIBLE for the game and you don't even understand how it's damaging the game.

Here's a fun fact for you, if better gear didn't exist, then people would quit because they have no progression. Because better gear exists, players want to pursue it but as soon as you get forced into a shitty progression system, the same thing happens as if the gear didn't exist. You quit.

Just for the record, this isn't an issue with casual players. If you think this is only about casual players, it's just another example of you not understanding the problem. I am not a casual player by any stretch of the imagination. I have weekly raid groups and dedicated m+ groups. I want something different to play and progress my characters than waiting for a raid time or running the same 8 dungeons over and over. I want to be able to run content solo and get progression. Because I am forced into dungeons and raids, I don't just blindly jump into that grind. Do you know what happens to my alts? I don't play them once I am forced into the m+/raid grind. I would play them if I actually had progression paths outside of just the two. This is the result of the archaic mindset of entitled gamers caught up with "best gear" and presuming they should be the arbiters of who should and shouldn't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Duese View Post
    This is exactly the archaic belief that needs to vanish. It no longer functions in the game at all. You and Blizzard need to change the mindset on this because it's inhibiting the progression of the game and directly causing the problems that people are complaining about right now including in this discussion.

The root of the problem here is that you are caught up with the "best gear" and people getting the "best gear". You will burn down the forest as long as it keeps a few trees alive. Under your belief structure, you project that players should be forced into very specific progression paths such as high end M+ or mythic raiding in order for them to continue progressing. The reality is that players don't take that step into that content but instead just stop playing. Whether that's quitting entirely or it's just quitting a specific alt once progressions paths vanish, it's setting the END of progression at that point.

This is exactly where the failure is at. When the progression paths end, the content ends. The gameplay ends. If I'm on an ilvl 203ish character, if I don't want to grind out m+ or raid on that character, then I just don't play that character anymore because there's no other progression paths available.

There is a key distinction that you must comprehend if you want to discuss this topic and that's the difference between "best gear" and "progression". Progression is necessary for players to continue playing. There must be some way to progress your character otherwise there's no carrot on the end of the stick. There's no reason to log in. If that means that it allows people to progress their character over the course of a patch to the "best gear" then so what. You have just enabled progression for a huge amount of time for players and given them a reason to continue playing. You can make m+ or raiding a more efficient way of progression, that's not a problem, but making them the only means to progression is killing content.

The next question is "for what?" For what reason is it imperative to prevent players who aren't doing high end m+ and mythic raiding from getting the "best gear"? Right now, gear almost doesn't matter at all. Content is on farm and people who aren't on farm can get carried by those who do have the gear. When the next patch comes out, the previous tier gear will become completely obsolete. This isn't like the days in Vanilla and BC where you needed to farm previous tiers in order to be competitive with the current tier. The catch up mechanics happen each patch. M+ and Raiders get the gear faster and more efficiently. Other progression paths get the gear slower and with more time investment. It's covering all sides of the picture and it enables content rather than restricts it.

This right here is exactly the myopic, entitled and archaic belief that needs to die. It needs to die in every sense of the word. It is HORRIBLE for the game and you don't even understand how it's damaging the game.

Here's a fun fact for you, if better gear didn't exist, then people would quit because they have no progression. Because better gear exists, players want to pursue it but as soon as you get forced into a shitty progression system, the same thing happens as if the gear didn't exist. You quit.

Just for the record, this isn't an issue with casual players. If you think this is only about casual players, it's just another example of you not understanding the problem. I am not a casual player by any stretch of the imagination. I have weekly raid groups and dedicated m+ groups. I want something different to play and progress my characters than waiting for a raid time or running the same 8 dungeons over and over. I want to be able to run content solo and get progression. Because I am forced into dungeons and raids, I don't just blindly jump into that grind. Do you know what happens to my alts? I don't play them once I am forced into the m+/raid grind. I would play them if I actually had progression paths outside of just the two. This is the result of the archaic mindset of entitled gamers caught up with "best gear" and presuming they should be the arbiters of who should and shouldn't have it.
    16 years of the game operating this way and being the most successful MMO proves you wrong. And im sure you have numbers to prove that it's damaging the game? Like actual sourced numbers, not "ya I saw it talked about in youtube".

I'm all for them having progression. But that progression can be towards like 210 gear. Over the course of an entire season, or on the same pace that every other player acquires their gear.