Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If Elune is the Sister to the Winter Queen (figurative or literal, doesn't matter) it could be that Korthia is Elune's Shadowlands realm before she abandoned it. Korthia is described as the Sister Forest to Ardenweald: https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Precious_Roots

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    It's lame that they knocked down Elune to measly eternal ones power level instead of an actual god. It also means that since her sister has a physical form then Elune must too and got fucked by a giant deer instead of Elune creating Cenarius using her and Malorne's essences. I dont think they really thought this through......
    Come on now, no kinkshaming.

In the gallery of writing errors deciding to explain Elune is among the highest tier. Also apparently in the same quest that we snip Tyrande's figurative balls before she even does anything:

The latter was obvious the second she defied great Anduin, of course, but the former really should've had at least someone in the writing room figure out what an atrocious move it is to explain the foundational mystery behind the setting's only true deity. A bit like making that deity not actually be tied with the night elves exclusively but with a whole host of people.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

"The Eternal Ones are Keeper lvl btw" lmaooooooooo

Yeah, this reveal throws all your trash all theories regarding "KEEPER LEVEL" shit down the drain. :3 Unless you wanna debate me on why Odyn or Tyr could kick Elune's ass.

- - - Updated - - -

Cause, spoiler alert, THEY CAN'T!

- - - Updated - - -

I have a new theory that Elune was an Eternal One that kinds just left and did her own thing, especially with the other Cosmic Pantheons, hence why the Void calls her "upstart" and why her Sister thinks she abandoned her and that she's "vexing".

Would be cool, seeing an Eternal One aid her cosmic cousins of the Light and Order with doing shit. Would explain why Eonar is so attuned with Life, has an escape world named Elunaria, and used Freya to make the Emerald Dream and essentially provide Alexstrasza and Ysera with the powers of Life and Dreams (Life going to Alexstrasza and Dreams going to Ysera).

Would also explain the theories of Elune essentially creating the Prime Naaru, etc. And since it's now confirmed Elune and the WQ are sisters, meaning they're likely of the same tier of Power, and since Nature is also a foe of Death...

And since the Jailer's likely going to win in 9.1 and gain even GREATER power...

Ahahahahahahahaha...AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

And they said I could never face Sargeras. Does the writing suck? Sure. But I don't care. My dream was to face Sargeras, and facing the Jailer and slowly facing Light and Shadow are my first steps to beating that fucker and making him pick his fuckin sword up from MY PLANET!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    In the gallery of writing errors deciding to explain Elune is among the highest tier. Also apparently in the same quest that we snip Tyrande's figurative balls before she even does anything:

The latter was obvious the second she defied great Anduin, of course, but the former really should've had at least someone in the writing room figure out what an atrocious move it is to explain the foundational mystery behind the setting's only true deity. A bit like making that deity not actually be tied with the night elves exclusively but with a whole host of people.
    I did want Elune to be more, but her being an Eternal One is fine, as it would also give us more of an insight as to how powerful these fuckers actually are outside of stupid ass interview statements that hold no weight outside of hype material and asspulling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Hardly. We defeated one of them (denathrius), one has been taken captive (primus), one just got stabbed by mindcontrolled anduin (kyrestia). They seem very generic, and not much of the god/goddess level. Now Elune is just one of a dozen, rather than the goddess.
    Denathrius lost to us with Covenant and Anima amps + Memory Magic infused Legendaries. The Primus lost to the Jailer, who was Titan lvl throughout all of 9.0 and is likely Sargeras lvl by the beginning of the SoD raid. And the Archon lost to an Anduin who was made as the Jailer's Sigil Stealing Avatar, so he wasn't just "mind controlled". He was empowered aswell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Because Danuser is jealous of Metzen, systematically ruining everything with bad fanfiction tier writing to supplant it with his own.

Unfortunately for him, he has no creativity whatsoever. (Remember, the theme of SL is "X but more Xy!" First Ones, Titans but more Titany! Maldraxas, Scourge but more Scourgey! And so on.)

Elune under Metzen was the sole confirmed deity, rarely directly intervening but spectacularly when it happened. Much like how continuity and existing lore is viewed as a constraint on the current "writers", having an actual deity would force them to answer why she doesn't intervene this time.
    "The First Ones are the TITANS but more Titan-y"

Way to not understand wtf the First Ones are. Also, even in Old Lore, the Titans weren't really the greatest of Gods. The Universe was supposedly already there by the time the Titans showed, which also fits with the new lore too. The First Ones are supposed to represent the clock/watchmakers of everything. The actual true "deities" of Warcraft.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    I so hope we get a void expansion taking place on the moons. Also, what was it about a serpent watching from the outside that those crazy doomsayers in Dalaran were mumbling about?

Edit: Found the quote I was talking about.

An Emerald Dawn.

An emerald sun dawns in the vault of the heavens, but casts no shadow.

The world lifts her voice in terror, but only one can hear her cries.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked serpent feasts on stars.

It has no eyes to see, but it dreams of infinite endings and beginnings.

<Strange glyphs and writing in an unknown language cover the rest of the scroll.>

One of the bosses from the Violet Hold also mentions a blind serpent watching from the endless skies.
    Crooked serpent is a constellation that’s what I know for sure, but why would it feast on stars? Those cries are from Azeroth and only Magni hears them, but that has already happened. Titan is wounded, we killed N’zoth but nothing was said about her condition whatsoever. Our connection with heart of Azeroth was just simply severed after the Titan device was used. Maybe we will get expansion concerning Great Dark Beyond. There is also this ancient naaru Z’rali and the Dreadlords so there is definitely something going on there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe making her a "sister" is not actually meaning that she isn't X times more powerful

- - - Updated - - -

Does this mean that Tyrande is actually cleansed and does not die this xpac?
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Does this mean that Tyrande is actually cleansed and does not die this xpac?
    Obviously not, you know how it goes. Horde characters turns evil and die, Alliance characters learn about love and peace and become part of the hivemind.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

15+ Year Old Account
    Obviously not, you know how it goes. Horde characters turns evil and die, Alliance characters learn about love and peace and become part of the hivemind.
    Nice! I like when horde characters die. But didn't they say Sylvanas won't die as a raidboss?
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Nice! I like when horde characters die. But didn't they say Sylvanas won't die as a raidboss?
    She still has figurines and books to sell so I doubt it, but it's possible she gets capped. No post-encounter quest datamined yet though.

They really went from Elune being probably the only real deity in the WarCraft universe(probably even on the same level to the First Ones), to her being sub-par to the Titans. Talk about a downgrade...

I agree, it's laughable calling Ysera Elune's pet after all that Eonar has done for her... If Elune really was so powerful and had a strong connection to Ysera, she wouldn't have let her die and go to the Shadowlands to be reborn in Anderweald(SPOILER ALERT: She is not going to be reborn, she will stay in Anderweald forever, DEAD, meaning that Elune didn't knew what was going in the Shadowlands, or she didn't care that much about Ysera, or was not powerful enough to prevent it).

After the "brilliant" storytelling we had in BFA, none of these "twists" in SL comes as a surprise. Unfortunately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warning ultimate theory!

What if Elune is Xel'Naga? KAPPA

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    I think that very much depends on if Danuser makes them his virtual harem or not. Seeing as his undead waifu was elevated from running away from Kel'thuzad while she has backup to literally annihilating Bolvar and his army of undead, if they are kawaii enough their power may simply be limitless.
    How do guys like alwaqys pop up if someone wants to talk about lore stuff? Just leave. Let people enjoy things.

OT: I guess this gives Blizz a way to implement Elune in a way. As with their introduction of the first ones they got a pantheon of god above the titans etc. as the titans and the shadowlands posse are not actual gods. Just powerful beings. If elune would be a first one they would create the same thing they once had with the introduction of the titans. You cannot meet gods. Or they loose their mystery.
    my guess is, that we never meet the first ones but gradualy get introduced to the rest of the pantheons of the different forces. I am really looking forward to the shadow and light one^^
    Last edited by VinceVega; 2021-04-30 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    How do guys like alwaqys pop up if someone wants to talk about lore stuff? Just leave. Let people enjoy things.
    If you want echo chamber, wowhead is that way. Otherwise, people are free to voice their displeasure with the garbage Danuser and co. pull out of their collective anuses.

7+ Year Old Account
    what if... its just figuratively saying, and she is not her real sister at all?

Anyway, this does mean "elune" is actually not a "all powerful god" people theorize? and what about Velen saying she looked like a naaru? did they forget that or just abandon the bit?

7+ Year Old Account
    Interesting, so Winter Mama wasn't fond of her because she believed Elune abandoned her.
    Wonder what happened to cause that.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    what if... its just figuratively saying, and she is not her real sister at all?

Anyway, this does mean "elune" is actually not a "all powerful god" people theorize? and what about Velen saying she looked like a naaru? did they forget that or just abandon the bit?
    They didn't drop it.

They specifically tied her to Xe'ra in some form or another during legion.
    Khadgar theorizing Elune created her.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    If you want echo chamber, wowhead is that way. Otherwise, people are free to voice their displeasure with the garbage Danuser and co. pull out of their collective anuses.
    Then make a freaking thread and talk there. Why does people always feel the need to force the conversation in that direction. And run around screaming waifu reeeee danuser reeee.
    Fine. you opinion is valid as any. But heavens this is going on for years. Just make your own little echochamber. because that is basically what YOU want.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are all like power ranges. They will merge into one big dino roboto.

Knowing blizz it might even end up as Elune and Eonar being 2 halves of the same being, or even that Elune is split even more than that with a part of Her being in the pantheon of light (hence the creation of the naaru), one in the the void and so on.

They can make it so Elune is a First One and split herself through all the cosmic forces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    For the on-purpose point: she forced TWQ to give up some of herself to restore Ysera, so Ysera could defend Ardenweald? That's a good thing? This is just really dumb lmao

There's no need for a natural outcome when you're Elune, since you're Elune. Ysera isn't some random. She deserves the special treatment honestly.

Gunna go with Occam's Razor on this one. Elune doesn't have influence over death. She literally cannot restore Ysera in the Shadowlands. Beyond her power.
    Ysera got special treatment - she was purged of corruption and restored, in a literal divine intervention. Elune may not have the necessary reach or power to bind Ysera to Ardenweald, which is the domain of the Winter Queen, so perhaps she relied (or simply knew) that the Winter Queen would do that herself with the proper push. I don't really see how it's dumb one way or the other.

Not sure Occam's Razor can apply in a situation where we don't know the upper limits of either the Winter Queen or Elune, we can only speculate with vary degrees of ultimate accuracy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    For that matter, we know little about what the WQ's normal powerlevel is when she isn't drained from keeping her realm alive during a drought while being attacked by both Drust and the Jailer's stooges.
    Also true, there's a lot of things that remain opaque insofar as the power and reach of the Winter Queen and Elune are concerned.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

You forgot an important qualifier: In BfA. That's been over for a while and she is free as a bird now. If you excuse me, i'm going bird hunting.