Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    In general its very good exp but there is a big problem with gearing and content. Next patch should be out already and we still w8in thats the biggest problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Seriously, Asmon doesn't need to extra advertisement.
    Great comment. Spread some hate on the internet. Hate the guy because hes probably more successful in life with money than you are

pathetic
    Last edited by dafuq; 2021-04-30 at 12:37 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    In my opinion though, the best of the recent expansion was easily Legion, man I loved Legion, so much fun, so fresh at the time, especially after WoD. I played Legion pretty much 6 or 7 nights a week a couple hours each time, for almost 2 years straight, loved everything about that expansion. But for some reason Shadowlands feels like a generic hollowed out empty version, boring, and tedious, and lacking all fun.
    Have you considered that maybe it's you?

I hated BFA with a burning passion and quit after Uldir progression yet I know people who enjoyed and played it from start to finish. People that I raid with right now in Shadowlands.
    Last edited by enigma77; 2021-04-30 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Have you considered that maybe it's you?

I hated BFA with a burning passion and quit after Uldir progression yet I know people who enjoyed and played it from start to finish. People that I raid with right now in Shadowlands.

I hated WoD, I thought was one of the worst expansions for WoW, and I thought to myself, maybe it's me, maybe I'm just done with WoW now, and outgrew this game. But I came back to try Legion, thinking, let's just see if this new Legion expansion is any good, or just crap like WoD? Well Legion ROCKED and was one of the best expansions ever, and I was back and addicted to WoW again. My point, it's not me, it's Blizzard releasing a shitty expansion in Shaodwnads.

Tons of my WoW friends that I have been playing with for 10+ years, have all majorly slowed in playing Shadowlands, or unsubbed. I have characters on three full populated servers, and the last couple months I haven't seen WoW so empty like this, since WoD, the game is a ghost town on these servers recently.

To me the last 10 years the best expansions were Legion and MoP, and the worst were WoD and so far Shadowlands in that same category. I would put Cat and BfA in the middle pack, not great, not terrible, just ok.
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2021-04-30 at 12:28 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I hated WoD, I thought was one of the worst expansions for WoW, and I thought to myself, maybe it's me, maybe I'm just done with WoW now, and outgrew this game. But I came back to try Legion, thinking, let's just see if this new Legion expansion is any good, or just crap like WoD? Well Legion ROCKED and was one of the best expansions ever, and I was back and addicted to WoW again. My point, it's not me, it's Blizzard releasing a shitty expansion in Shaodwnads.

Tons of my WoW friends that I have been playing with for 10+ years, have all majorly slowed in playing Shadowlands, or unsubbed. I have characters on three full populated servers, and the last couple months I haven't seen WoW so empty like this, since WoD, the game is a ghost town on these servers recently.
    I hated WoD too (because there was nothing to do) but I love Shadowlands so yeah.

There are some problems but I really don't see how this expansion is somehow awful. I am enjoying it. And so are my friends and my guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually liked WoD, but it's because I'm pretty much a raider only and WOD was almost a perfect raid or die raidlogging experience.

Legion was a good expansion, but I really did not like the extra busywork required to keep up for raiding. I'm glad they toned that down in BFA and effectively eliminated it nowadays in Shlands, aside from maw chorebore for sockets.

IMO, as a raider Legion, BFA and Shlands so far really delivered. Such great raids all around, sure there were some annoyances like Tomb of Soakgeras, but aside from soaking hard-on, the raid itself was lit.

That's why I'm mostly content with WoW, the raiding is alive and kicking ass as usual, even if other stuff I care less about might have issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I actually liked WoD, but it's because I'm pretty much a raider only and WOD was almost a perfect raid or die raidlogging experience.

Legion was a good expansion, but I really did not like the extra busywork required to keep up for raiding. I'm glad they toned that down in BFA and effectively eliminated it nowadays in Shlands, aside from maw chorebore for sockets.

IMO, as a raider Legion, BFA and Shlands so far really delivered. Such great raids all around, sure there were some annoyances like Tomb of Soakgeras, but aside from soaking hard-on, the raid itself was lit.

That's why I'm mostly content with WoW, the raiding is alive and kicking ass as usual, even if other stuff I care less about might have issues.

Good points, I haven't Raided seriously since MoP days, none in WoD and I did casually Raid in Legion. None in BfA and none in Shadowlands so far.

So maybe that's why I'm not liking WoW lately? I don't Raid.

And probably why I liked Legion so much, there was plenty other stuff to do in WoW besides Raiding in that expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very likely.

In my opinion mythic raiding experience in a good guild is crème de la crème of World of Warcraft. WoW raids are so frikkin' good, it's whole other level content-wise and no other MMO comes even close to that.

Without raids? I just don't get it personally, it just becomes such a bland experience. There's M+ and... that it? What else? 5/10 story? Pokemon knockoff game? lolPvP?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    That doesn't mean it was a bad expansion.
    Never said it was I think it’s the best expansion but my personal feelings aside the the previous statement is wrong.

MoP was good. Many people Including myself started playing video games in the 80's and 90's. If you were an RPG fan at all some of the best ones were JRPG's. Breath of Fire. Final Fantasy. Chrono Trigger, Dragon Quest, Alundra. ETC. So when many players started playing WoW it was because for the first time a MMORPG seemed like an actual game from days of yore with JRPG elements albeit created for an American Audience. MoP was like the epitome of that feeling for many however the lead-up to this expac wasn't so deftly executed. I think if the developers made the whole Panda Tie in's in the lore more visual and apparent earlier on in WoW's life cycle then the detractors would have warmed to the idea sooner.
    That being said. MOP came out during a time when most other games by this point Mmo or otherwise would have started dying out and bleeding subs etc just due to gamer fatigue with the genre. MoP featured stunning visual settings in a wide and varied set of theme park style zones that shared a similar visual aesthetic. As others have said, gearing and progression were more simple. Level up to max. Run dungeons and heroics. Then Raid. Eventually Timeless isle and grinding your BiS/glyphs, etc. Wasn't much more to it.
    Now on to the subject at hand. Shadowlands. SL is an ambitious expac. I think that most since MoP were ambitious but the problem with ambition is that if not executed properly it falls flat. Too many story and system ideas since MoP weren't fully realized and abandoned since they came out. Starting with the whole Borrowed powers thing as a way to prevent ability bloat as well as an easier way to balance classes since the powers would only be temporary anyhow and to see steady progression to give players a new Carrot to chase.
    Shadowlands is a novel idea but as wow classic has proven players just want a more simple "good" game to play. Easy to define objectives with harder to achieve end goals. But ones that are eventually do-able.
    That said sure you can achieve a modicum of success in SL eventually if you stick to one char and slog through no matter what. But with all the balance changes and people wanting to play alts to keep from becoming tired of one toon. ALL the systems in place in SL create a sort of "buffet" style atmosphere. Where there is just SO many dishes to sample you will never get to fully enjoy the experience all at once. Which is a problem for many who have limited time to play. And because there are so many dishes blizzard prepared, many of them are left lacking seasoning or a certain something to give them weight.

Maybe, only you can answer that.
    I think Castle Nathria is an overall okaish raid, but that doesn't cut it for me, so im playing other games because of that and stopped raiding completely for now (i stopped 1 month after it went out more or less).
    Last edited by Zakajz; 2021-04-30 at 01:03 PM.

I have zero time for Raiding in my life now. To sit in my computer chair and be in my office for 3 to 4 hours straight. No way. Just can't spend that much time away from my wife and kids and dog and house chores etc...

I can only play WoW for an hour or so now.

The real issue is that 9.1 taking way too long.

It should have been live like a week ago, then there would be no issue. Yes, people would find something to bitch about anyway, as they always do (and did in MOP plenty). I, personally, think that MOP was a good expansion, but people are legit on acid, if they think there wasn't as much bitching and videos about how bad things are back then.

9.0 has overstayed its welcome HARD.
    Yup. Totally agree. If 9.1 dropped in this month we wouldn't be hear much of this aside from the usual "the sky is falling" people that always will have something.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Very likely.

In my opinion mythic raiding experience in a good guild is crème de la crème of World of Warcraft. WoW raids are so frikkin' good, it's whole other level content-wise and no other MMO comes even close to that.

Without raids? I just don't get it personally, it just becomes such a bland experience. There's M+ and... that it? What else? 5/10 story? Pokemon knockoff game? lolPvP?
    Idk man I feel liked raiding is such a bland experience in general. I mean doing your rotation on an nps and avoid fire isnt exacrly creme de la creme imo. But to each and their own. M+ is also not what it was and its hard to find motivation to keep going.

There should be more to wow then raiding, logging in and want to play.. then raiding isnt for you.

So many opinions.. cant please everyone.

Nothing wrong with him wanting the game to improve. Good vid.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have zero time for Raiding in my life now. To sit in my computer chair and be in my office for 3 to 4 hours straight. No way. Just can't spend that much time away from my wife and kids and dog and house chores etc...

I can only play WoW for an hour or so now.
    This is a fact for many old school players including myself, logging in you want to play and not wait 1 hour before you can start. Being a casual these days is no fun in wow and enough reason to play something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    This is a fact for many old school players including myself, logging in you want to play and not wait 1 hour before you can start. Being a casual these days is no fun in wow and enough reason to play something else.
    Totally agree

gotto say there is an awful lot of raidloggers in my guild. which on the one hand i feel happens a lot in the second half of a patch, but on the other hand i don't remember happening to this extend in the first patch of an expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m sorry, but how many threads are you going to post saying you don’t like SL and you loved Legion?

What discussion are you trying to have when it’s the same topic over and over and over? You literally copy and pasted your original post as a reply to somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    MoP lost 2.5 mill subs in a year, the fuck are you talking about? It lost as much as Cata did. Should tell you how "awesome" MoP was.

MoP didnt lose much in SoO even. It was the initial game that lost that many.
    and classic lost 90%+ of its pop in the first month,doesnt make it a bad game,there are plenty of reasons why mop saw sub drops,but at the end of the day it was no doubt peak quality of the game