Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    She's never been an all goddess, and multiple factors have the First Ones as the top deities of WoW. So, idk what to tell ya
    Like I said, imagine assuming shit. Did not say a word about her not being a First One. Maybe she could be the "leader" even. She's never been an all goddess? How the fuck do you know she wouldn't be?

But, she is the sister of the Winter Queen. Her mother, that would be saying something. But sister? So, most likely equal. Thats disappointing to me. Elune has always been the most interesting deity to me since I first heard of her over a decade ago.

So, MEH!

And that shit still applies, basically.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Like I said, imagine assuming shit. Did not say a word about her not being a First One. Maybe she could be the "leader" even.

But, she is the sister of the Winter Queen. Her mother, that would be saying something. But sister? So, most likely equal. Thats disappointing to me. Elune has always been the most interesting deity to me since I first heard of her over a decade ago.

So, MEH!
    You called her an "all goddess", so what I got from that was that you assumed she was the "all powerful top of the line" goddess, when that's not at all been a thing to begin with.

You called her an "all goddess", so what I got from that was that you assumed she was the "all powerful top of the line" goddess, when that's not at all been a thing to begin with.
    Oh, that wasn't something that was a possibility 12-15 fucking years ago?

You are assuming about lore just as much as assuming what I mean. Get out of here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Several possibilities here.

#1 - The Eternal Ones are not a race, but a group that make up the Pantheon of Death. While the Jailer, Primus, Archon, and Sire use the term "brother" with each other, the WQ refers to Primus as dear friend. It is possible then that Elune and the WQ are sisters of "god tier" power level and the WQ was demoted, or even demoted herself, down to Eternal Ones level in order to watch over Ardenweald. This could explain the WQ believing herself abandoned by Elune.

#2 - "Sister" could just be a term of endearment that has not connection to family relations. I have a very close friend in real life who I refer to as my sister, but we are not blood related. Since the WQ and Elune's realms of interest overlap, it is reasonable to believe that there interacted in the past, and maybe even formed a sister like relationship.

#3 - Elune and the WQ are sisters and both started as Eternal Ones power level wise, but Elune ascended to a unique position and power level. She left the Shadowlands and began to take a more active interest in the mortal world, Azeroth especially. This could explain the "upstart goddess" comment.

Just some thoughts.
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Karreck View Post
    #3 - Elune and the WQ are sisters and both started as Eternal Ones power level wise, but Elune ascended to a unique position and power level. She left the Shadowlands and began to take a more active interest in the mortal world, Azeroth especially. This could explain the "upstart goddess" comment.

Just some thoughts.
    '
    You made me a bit lighter now

I think WoW could use one supreme being. Always hoped Elune was it. But we'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    I think that very much depends on if Danuser makes them his virtual harem or not. Seeing as his undead waifu was elevated from running away from Kel'thuzad while she has backup to literally annihilating Bolvar and his army of undead, if they are kawaii enough their power may simply be limitless.
    i like ur rant, but it seems Danuser influence got weakened in SL, or at least i hope so
    I mean no sight of his in-game persona Nathanos so far
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    It's lame that they knocked down Elune to measly eternal ones power level instead of an actual god. It also means that since her sister has a physical form then Elune must too and got fucked by a giant deer instead of Elune creating Cenarius using her and Malorne's essences. I dont think they really thought this through......
    Doesn't mean anything about power levels, really. Sylvanas and Varessa are sisters too, but the power level is quite different.

#1 - The Eternal Ones are not a race, but a group that make up the Pantheon of Death. While the Jailer, Primus, Archon, and Sire use the term "brother" with each other, the WQ refers to Primus as dear friend. It is possible then that Elune and the WQ are sisters of "god tier" power level and the WQ was demoted, or even demoted herself, down to Eternal Ones level in order to watch over Ardenweald. This could explain the WQ believing herself abandoned by Elune.

#2 - "Sister" could just be a term of endearment that has not connection to family relations. I have a very close friend in real life who I refer to as my sister, but we are not blood related. Since the WQ and Elune's realms of interest overlap, it is reasonable to believe that there interacted in the past, and maybe even formed a sister like relationship.

Just some thoughts.
    #4 - Elune is at the same power level as the Eternal Ones- Titan Keeper level. She might be an subordinate of Eonar, for all we know. Did we know of anything really impressive that came out of Elune? She couldn't save Teldrassil, when her worshipers needed her. She imbued Tyrande with the Night Warrior power, but what good is that power if she still loses to Sylvanas? She couldn't save "her pet" Ysera from being corrupted by Xavius, condemning her to be stuck in Anderweald for all eternity.

It's pretty obvious that Elune herself is not a Titan level entity, but somewhere below it. Even the Night Elves, who worship her, evolved from Trolls after bathing in Titan blood. She isn't their true Goddess, she didn't create them, they just started worshiping her at some point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet to have any indication? Bro, Elune fucked Malorne and made Cenarius, Elune has LOTS of connections with Life and Light, Elune's presence is also hinted at a ton in the Dream, Ardenweald, and Eonar's sanctuary world called ELUNaria.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN "NO INDICATION"!?!?
    Where in any of that is an indication or confirmation that a pantheon of Life exists? Or that Elune is a part of it for that matter? Creation of new life is something even done by the Eternal Ones and the Titans so that isn't an indication of association or membership to a pantheon of Life and her connection to other cosmic elements is no different from other beings who are part of other forces.
    The existence of Wild Gods also doesn't act as evidence for a Pantheon of Life and your other examples are the same ones I've pointed out connect Elune closely in identity to Eonar, despite Elune's identity having been vaguer in Legion.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Oh, that wasn't something that was a possibility 12-15 fucking years ago?

You are assuming about lore just as much as assuming what I mean. Get out of here.
    No. It wasn't. Velen assumed she was merely a Naaru way back in the day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Where in any of that is an indication or confirmation that a pantheon of Life exists? Or that Elune is a part of it for that matter? Creation of new life is something even done by the Eternal Ones and the Titans so that isn't an indication of association or membership to a pantheon of Life and her connection to other cosmic elements is no different from other beings who are part of other forces.
    The existence of Wild Gods also doesn't act as evidence for a Pantheon of Life and your other examples are the same ones I've pointed out connect Elune closely in identity to Eonar, despite Elune's identity having been vaguer in Legion.
    I've talked about Eonar and Elune's supposed connection before, and in regards to that shit with the Pantheon of Life...

Need I remind you the Pantheon of Death never existed till this expac?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    #4 - Elune is at the same power level as the Eternal Ones- Titan Keeper level. She might be an subordinate of Eonar, for all we know. Did we know of anything really impressive that came out of Elune? She couldn't save Teldrassil, when her worshipers needed her. She imbued Tyrande with the Night Warrior power, but what good is that power if she still loses to Sylvanas? She couldn't save "her pet" Ysera from being corrupted by Xavius, condemning her to be stuck in Anderweald for all eternity.

It's pretty obvious that Elune herself is not a Titan level entity, but somewhere below it. Even the Night Elves, who worship her, evolved from Trolls after bathing in Titan blood. She isn't their true Goddess, she didn't create them, they just started worshiping her at some point.
    No. Don't downplay Elune like that. Not this Keeper nonsense again.

- - - Updated - - -

Just some thoughts.
    Or...

They're actually sisters and Elune's not as powerful as you once thought?

- - - Updated - - -

'
    You made me a bit lighter now

I think WoW could use one supreme being. Always hoped Elune was it. But we'll see.
    What do you think the Jailer wants to do?

So...

HOW FUCKIN POWERFUL ARE THESE FIRST ONES?!

- - - Updated - - -

She could be in 9.2 for all we know
    Super powerful, but completely incompetent it seems.

I really would have wished that they stay in their own lane and not someone like Elune is brought into the power hierarchy...
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

"This could explain the "upstart goddess" comment."

Literally all that implies is that Elune has tampered with other Cosmic Forces, which is fine. Elune was speculated as the maker of the Prime Naaru, and it seems Elune likely influenced a lot of what Eonar is now.

NOTHING HERE IMPLIES SHE ASCENDED OR SOME SHIT LIKE THAT lmao

No. It wasn't. Velen assumed she was merely a Naaru way back in the day.
    Yes, it was. There was NO lore, indication whatsoever on if she was, or not. Because even the characters in the World of Warcraft doesn't know. So yes, there was always a possibility. I don't believe in God irl, but I can't say it isn't a powerful entity that was around in the Universe, because I don't know for sure. She is a Godess for the Night Elves. Whos to say she isn't the Godess of it all?

Or well now we most likely know, she is a mere equal to the Eternal Ones. Nothing biggie. So yes, disappointing to me.

So...

HOW FUCKIN POWERFUL ARE THESE FIRST ONES?!
    Just to show that you also think she is fucking powerful.

What do you think the Jailer wants to do?
    To knock Elune from her seat being the most powerful being in the WoW Universe?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Super powerful, but completely incompetent it seems.

I really would have wished that they stay in their own lane and not someone like Elune is brought into the power hierarchy...
    Or they're the biggest IQ'd beings ever, and the Player Characters represent their Avatars, as if the theory is true in that they infused some of their power into Azeroth, we likely got that amp aswell, as our strength is Azeroth's strength.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, it was. There was NO lore, indication whatsoever on if she was, or not. Because even the characters in the World of Warcraft doesn't know. So yes, there was always a possibility. I don't believe in God irl, but I can't say it isn't a powerful entity that was around in the Universe, because I don't know for sure. She is a Godess for the Night Elves. Whos to say she isn't the Godess of it all?

Or well now we most likely know, she is a mere equal to the Eternal Ones. Nothing biggie. So yes, disappointing to me.

Just to show that you also think she is fucking powerful.
    Because only the Night Elves had faith in her? Everyone else believed in either the Light, Sargeras, or some other shit.

Also, "Just to show that you also think she is fucking powerful."

What? She's not a First One LMAO

What? She's not a First One LMAO
    Then your first comment in this thread made no sense. If you believed Elune was so powerful from before, then why did you just rule out that I was hoping for her(before this reveal) that she was probably the most powerful being in the World of Warcraft?

Anyway, I'm out. I get too geeky now. This was fun
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-04-30 at 04:25 PM.

"To knock Elune from her seat being the most powerful being in the WoW Universe?"

...Please tell me you're joking.

- - - Updated - - -

Then your first comment in this thread made no sense.

Anyway, I'm out. I get too geeky now. This was fun
    I asked how powerful the First Ones were, cause despite Elune's supposed great power, she's the Winter Queen's sister, despite theories earlier from people implying she was "One of the First Ones".

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, she left. Well, it is what it is.

"To knock Elune from her seat being the most powerful being in the WoW Universe?"

...Please tell me you're joking.
    Well you gave it to me on a silver plate. What do you think his plan is?

I asked how powerful the First Ones were, cause despite Elune's supposed great power, she's the Winter Queen's sister, despite theories earlier from people implying she was "One of the First Ones".

Oh, she left. Well, it is what it is.
    My bad, I should have written why that comment was out of place in my eyes, updated the previous post with a question.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I did want Elune to be more, but her being an Eternal One is fine, as it would also give us more of an insight as to how powerful these fuckers actually are outside of stupid ass interview statements that hold no weight outside of hype material and asspulling.
    Even if they were literally sisters it really wouldn’t mean any thing to how powerful
    They are as we already have figures like deathwing who was many times more powerful then the other siblings or even the Titans who vary in strength.

Interview statements would still take precedent over little mentions like this which tell us nothing of actual power.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've talked about Eonar and Elune's supposed connection before,
    And so? I was using the examples to point out they might make the terrible decision to make Elune and Eonar out as the same character in some way this expansion with how confused their connections have become rather than keeping them separate and distantly connected as they did in Legion.

...and in regards to that shit with the Pantheon of Life...

Need I remind you the Pantheon of Death never existed till this expac?
    Yes that's called confirmation (and arguably terrible world building writing considering there has been lack of in-universe hints to their existence both in-game and in text format) and that is decidedly lacking for a Pantheon of Life as of yet. You may assume that one exists but it's a fairly weak argument to discuss their importance and membership based on an assumption that may or may not happen. And since we have no indication that Elune has membership of or a position in a Pantheon of Life (or light as others have referenced) or even know if such a group exists it doesn't really have any presence in the current story. All we have Elune and a 'newly established' connection to the Eternal Ones through the admittance that 'she has had a sister all this time'.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    It was never confirmed, just speculated. Most people thought she was referring to Eonar or someone we don't know.
    It was obvious she was referring to Elune, but MmO cHaMpIoN y'all.