Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I see Mother's best friend Mike is back.

I had to google with critical race theory even is. Its a terrible name for what basically comes down to the idea that laws like those as a result of the 'War on Drugs' are racially motivated, which they are.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I had to google with critical race theory even is. Its a terrible name for what basically comes down to the idea that laws like those as a result of the 'War on Drugs' are racially motivated, which they are.
    So by rejecting critical race theory they are promoting racism?

Well, color me shocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    So by rejecting critical race theory they are promoting racism?
    They are canceling, cancel culture... par for the course...

Edit: Next week on GOP of our lives... Jeb will end hunger, by starving his lot...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    They are canceling, cancel culture... par for the course...

Edit: Next week on GOP of our lives... Jeb will end hunger, by starving his lot...
    They just want to cancel only the things they don't like, like certain people, rights of certain people, bodily autonomy of certain people, you know, random stuff no one really cares about anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I had to google with critical race theory even is.
    Don't worry, none of the fuckwits who use it as a boogeyman know what it is either.

Having just received my positive test result today, I am inferring from this my inalienable right to punch these people in the throat.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    And the 1776 commission is about whitewashing US history into just the best parts to drive nationalism. Mike is coming out strong for the racists here.
    It’s more than that... it’s references to teachers at Frankfort school, makes it squarely a conspiracy theory.

Neither 1776 commission nor 1619 project were written by historians. But, 1776 was specifically a government response to a journalist effort of 1619. There are gripes to have with 1610 project, but 1776 commission is 100% government propaganda. It’s not veiled or anything... it’s a propaganda piece that dips into conspiracy theory, as a directive for what the cult is supposed to believe.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Plea offers for some accused Capitol rioters coming soon, prosecutors say

Nearly four months into the investigation into the Jan. 6 insurrection -- and following more than 440 arrests -- prosecutors are ramping up efforts to engage in plea discussions with many of those accused of joining in the riot at the U.S. Capitol.

Plea offers could start going out to some accused rioters as soon as "the next couple of days," prosecutors said during a court hearing Wednesday, with more likely going out next month as trial dates approach for many of those who have been charged so far.

The update comes after an assistant U.S attorney on Tuesday said that prosecutors had officially been authorized by their superiors to start offering plea deals more broadly, marking a significant turning point in the government's investigation.

"In terms of the plea offer, we are authorized to be extending offers at this point," Janani Iyengar, a prosecutor in the D.C. U.S. Attorney's office, said during a hearing in the case against Couy Griffin, a New Mexico elected official and founder of the group "Cowboys for Trump."

Plea discussions are also underway with attorneys for Richard "Bigo" Barnett, the accused rioter who posed for a photograph with his feet on House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's desk and allegedly stole a piece of her mail, Assistant U.S. Attorney Mary Dohrmann said during a separate court hearing. No formal offer has been given yet, she said.

"Look, Ma, I'm on objective evidence!"

Barnett, who has pleaded not guilty to the charges against him, was ordered released from jail and into home detention on Tuesday.

Earlier this month, a self-described member of the Oath Keepers militia group became the first Capitol rioter to plead guilty to the charges against him and enter into a plea agreement with the government. That agreement requires the man, Jon Schaffer, to fully cooperate with the government.

Yet not all cases are expected to end in deals. The attorney for Jacob Chansley, the accused rioter seen wearing a horn helmet and fur vest inside the Capitol, told ABC News on Wednesday that he is "prepared to proceed with trial."
    Considering these people willingly posted pics and videos of themselves inside the building they broke into, plus that whole "officer beaten until he died" thing, any plea deal they're given is a gift.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do love the Fox News take on the Gulliani story... If Hunter Biden can get away with Rudy working with Ukrainian oligarchs to find dirt on him... then it’s a double standard that Rudy has to register as a foreign agent for working with Ukrainian oligarchs.

Maybe Rudy didn’t know he had to register as a foreign agent... since Flynn getting busted for the same thing, was just abuse of power. As you can hear from Flynn, on his regular appearance on the Stop The Steal, the pillow selling marathon.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I found this summary article on the AZ recount. I feel it's a parallel to the Georgia election law setup, but instead of being the first domino trying to fall, it's the first fart in the elevator that clears everyone out.

It's a five-part list, of which, we all know the first four parts. This is the last:

What are the implications of the audit?

The audit isn’t going to be used to reverse the election results in Arizona. It can’t be, and state senators have said as much.

The election results were certified by state officials months ago, effectively solidifying Biden’s win in Arizona. What’s more, both the U.S. House of Representatives and the Senate signed off on the Electoral College vote in January, two weeks before Biden took office.

Instead, Republicans in the Arizona state Senate say that the audit is simply a means of restoring voters’ confidence in the elections process and is necessary to help them decide whether to craft changes to the state’s election laws — something that GOP-controlled legislatures in other states have either already done or are working toward in the wake of the 2020 election.

Yet it also comes with the risk of eroding faith in Arizona’s elections.

Democrats and voting rights advocates have warned that the audit has put ballots at risk of being tampered with. What’s more, the catalyst for the audit — Trump’s claims of widespread voter fraud and malfeasance — have stirred suspicions that Republicans may be trying to discredit unfavorable election results.
    That's what it comes down to: Republicans don't want elections. That may be what pushed them to Trump, a clear dictator in big-boy diapers.

Thursday's report:

59,269 new cases; about 8k fewer than last Thursday.

Top 5:

Fuck Florida.
    New York: 4,326 new cases; 68 deaths
    Michigan: 4,197 new cases; 116 deaths
    Texas: 4,023 new cases; 68 deaths
    Illinois: 3,394 new cases; 41 deaths

Illinois pulling ahead of Pennsylvania to appear on the list is a bit deceptive. Pennsylvania's cases are declining sharply this week whereas Illinois' cases are declining at a much slower rate. Likewise with New York and Michigan (Michigan faster, New York slower). "Only" 18 states reported more than 1k new cases which is a stark difference from a few months ago when over 40 were. The continued decline in new cases over previous weeks is a good indication that the 4th wave may well be over and was very mild thanks in large part to the aggressive vaccination campaign. We're not out of the woods yet and we're still racing against newer strains, but the trees may be starting to thin a bit.

870 deaths is about 50 fewer than last Thursday and brings the total to 589,207. Michigan's reporting system for COVID deaths is a bit odd as it seems there are corrections literally every other day. Or underreports every other day. Or both. In any case despite their posting 100+ totals several days this week their 7-day average is still around 66. It's not great, but considering they were passing 10k cases at one point during this last outbreak that's not terrible either.

Related news:

‘A tough call’: Biden considering mandatory Covid vaccines for U.S. troops--I've made my views on this clear. Would they go into battle without defensive gear? Same thing. Get the fucking shots.

Stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I've made my views on this clear.
    I mean, the only counter-argument I can think of is "they could be at lower efficiency for a day or two". And I'm betting there are scheduling ways to fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Related news:

‘A tough call’: Biden considering mandatory Covid vaccines for U.S. troops--I've made my views on this clear. Would they go into battle without defensive gear? Same thing. Get the fucking shots.
    I honestly can't believe this is a thing. This is along the lines of the jokes about why LGBTQ+ folks weren't allowed in the military because they'd disrupt "unit cohesion", so all our enemies had to do was make our troops think there was a gay in their midst and it would all fall apart. Next-level stupidity.

Mandate it. If they are against it, kick them the fuck out. Didn't they like, have outbreaks on Navy ships already? How is this even a fuckin problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I honestly can't believe this is a thing. This is along the lines of the jokes about why LGBTQ+ folks weren't allowed in the military because they'd disrupt "unit cohesion", so all our enemies had to do was make our troops think there was a gay in their midst and it would all fall apart. Next-level stupidity.

Mandate it. If they are against it, kick them the fuck out. Didn't they like, have outbreaks on Navy ships already? How is this even a fuckin problem?
    It's because it's only authorized for emergency use, and not fully approved.

The Army has a workaround, saying that anyone who is not vaccinated, cannot go on TDY, leave, or of they really want, cannot be considered for promotion. That is what they are pondering.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Cohen talks smack about Giuliani--

"You already posted that."

That was Twitter. Then he gave an interview.
    Trump's e-attorney Michael Cohen said Thursday that the recent raid by federal authorities into Rudy Giuliani's New York City apartment was a sign the "chickens coming home to roost."

During an appearance on MSNBC's "The Beat with Ari Melber," Cohen said Giuliani knows "he's in big trouble."

During the raid, the FBI seized Giuliani's electronic devices.

Cohen, who was sentenced to three years in prison in 2018, intimated to the MSNBC host that the probe may start with Giuliani's dealings in Ukraine, but may lead elsewhere.

"And here's the interesting thing, it may start with just the Ukraine, but that's not where it's gonna stop because Rudy is actually a stupid guy. And Rudy has no idea about technology. He says very dumb things when especially he starts drinking and he starts wanting to be this... Tom Hagen to Donald," said Cohen, referring to the fictional right-hand man in movie "The Godfather."

"As they say, the chickens coming home to roost, and he knows he's got problems," Cohen added.

"He knows that it's not going to end well. So, unlike what happened with me, unlike you know Manafort who took it to trial or Roger Stone who went to trial, I didn't — I pled guilty, and I got 36 months. So he's only right now imagining what does he have to do in order to stay out of prison because Rudy Giuliani, has no interest in being in prison during the golden years of his life, that I can assure you."

"Yes, I think he's scared," Cohen said. "We have seen this before. We saw it when they came and they raided my hotel, my home and my law office... [Trump] was very angry that they had raided one of his attorney's offices. Donald Trump doesn't care about Rudy Giuliani. Donald Trump didn't care about Rudy Giuliani until Rudy was actually doing free legal work for him."
    Bolded for hiliarity. Bolded and orange for Trumpian behavior.

I do not think there's a better expert in the situation Giuliani's in, than Cohen. Nobody else's personal experience mirrors closer. Hey @cubby doesn't this more or less line up with what you said?
    Indeed - Rudi is walking right down the Trump-plank that seems to beset most of his top advisers who are stupid enough to think they are covered by their Godfather. I love the Tom Hagen reference by Cohen. And IIRC, Cohen is still giving information to federal authorities about Trump and his financial dealings. Rudi combined with the Trump Organizations CFO possible flip does not bode well for Cheeto's future.

And what's really interesting, is that Rudi continually labeled himself as Trump's personal attorney, not the "President's" attorney - and that means executive privilege might not apply at all. Regardless, it's going to be VERY complicated. And I know I've said this before, but the Feds actually raiding Rudi's files and personal/office spaces is YUGE. They must already have serious goods on Rudi. Like, indictable goods.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ele...gop-s-n1265925

The audit documents ordered released by the court, meanwhile, reveal an effort that experts say is out of touch with reality.

After Ducey declined to provide National Guard resources, the firm then prepared their own security plan and threat assessment, outlining in potential threats to the recount including Antifa, a network of loosely organized radical groups frequently blamed by Trump allies for violence despite little evidence.

In a “extreme threat scenario” the assessment suggests a coordinated attack involving a chemical fire and disrupted traffic could allow the recount facility to be breached.

Antifa will likely use the backed-up traffic in those six lanes to slow police and fire response to any permitter breach operation,” the assessment says, adding that this could create a situation that could lead to “nearly unmitigated access” to the facility housing the recount.
    Imagine living in this much fear of imaginary enemies all the time. Holy shit.

The documents definitely have a lack of understanding of the specific way in which elections are conducted in Arizona,” said Tammy Patrick, a former Maricopa County elections official and senior adviser at Democracy Fund, a nonpartisan foundation aiming to improve American elections. “There seems to be a predetermined outcome here that I think is really problematic.
    Weird, nobody could have predicted this.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Well, due to Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act, hospitals are not allow to refuse care if going to the emergency room if said hospital accepts payments from Medicare. However, the patient is the one on the hook for the bill so, there is that.
    The law requires the hospital stabilizes the patient but does not require them to provide long term treatment or even admit them inpatient.

A cancer patient can't just go to the ER to get radiation or chemo.

Also there is a lot of wiggle room with that law and CMS/hospitals when it comes to required treatment vs stabilize and dump....

If they do treat the majority of the bill will be on taxpayers since it's medicare/medicaid
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    More Trump-style work from the rabid fanbase.

So there's a Texas election coming up in which Rep. Ron Wright (R) left their seat open because he caught COVID and died. His wife is one of the 22 people in the special election running to replace him. Pretty standard stuff, except for the guy who caught COVID and died after criticizing lockdowns.

Anyhow, someone is sending out a robocall which say that the late Rep's wife murdered him and is running for Congress to cover it up.

Yep.

"How do you know it's a Trump supporter?"

Purely from context. Making up a conspiracy theory and pressing it as fact to demonize your opponent? That's 100% Trump material, right there.

And as a reminder: Trump was okay with Ron Wright. Trump endorsed the aforementioned wife personally. Someone else in the Party of Trump is attacking their fellow Party of Trump member.

But hey, if you hear hoofbeats and think zebras, that's on you. Let me know if it's a Democrat. Until then, I'll remain steadfast in my belief that only a Trump supporter would use that level of conspiracy theory attack.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Plea offers for some accused Capitol rioters coming soon, prosecutors say

"Look, Ma, I'm on objective evidence!"

Considering these people willingly posted pics and videos of themselves inside the building they broke into, plus that whole "officer beaten until he died" thing, any plea deal they're given is a gift.
    Interesting they are offering them...I wonder if they come with a prerequisite "working with prosecutors to gather information on as-yet unidentified insurrectionists AND provide info on pre-planning efforts".

And yeah, those fucking murdering insurrectionist are getting a gift, because those federal trials would be held in D.C., and I would imagine considering the juror pool, the deliberations would be...decisive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Interesting they are offering them...I wonder if they come with a prerequisite "working with prosecutors to gather information on as-yet unidentified insurrectionists AND provide info on pre-planning efforts".
    If I had the choice between "put 100 murderous insurrectionists in jail for 5 years each" or "put their ringleader in jail for 20 years" I would take a while, but eventually choose the latter. Gullible crazy idiots are thick on the ground in America, apparently, but those capable of pushing them into actual treasonous violence are not.