Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I whisper him thusly "Some heals or a taunt when I was low would've been appreciated." Nothing offensive, right? And he unloads at me quite a bit of vitriol.
    I just assume anyone that speaks to me is insulting me. What you said to that guy, i would have taken as "Hey fuck you, why didn't you keep me alive idiot" even if you didn't mean it that way.

After all, it's genuinely hard to read your message as to be anything but you blaming some random thats never seen you before for your death.

snip
    Nice blog post buddy!

Anyways, why generalize like that when you had a chance encounter with one player? You don't know anything about him. Maybe he had a bad day, maybe he was distracted with something else, maybe he just didn't care.

Why on earth are you even whisping and calling out random players in the world in the first place? I pretty much ignore everything any random person decides to whisper me, regardless of being a compliment, an insult, or a random query. I just go on with my life.

I don't get it.

That said, the "go die" bit is a bit extreme, if true, but it's the internet, grow a thick skin already, or you won't have much fun.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2021-04-30 at 08:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’ve found there’s quite a large portion of players that just aren’t that good at the game. They don’t play their class/spec right, clueless to what’s going on around them and they’re perfectly fine with the situation they’re in. I don’t get upset when they play the way they do because I expect it out of them. It’s like being a defensive driver, I can only control what I do and I expect everyone around me to be a terrible driver. Some people just suck at the game and don’t care, not much you can do about it.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    we are now 8 months of same hunting, content that will get drop in next patch, so yeah ppl are fed
    lot left retail and back to classic or just left wow completely
    ppl stop caring when - no surprise really - dev stop caring, at least they don't care much to update it, this is longest x.1 patch in wow history
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    we are now 8 months of same hunting, content that will get drop in next patch, so yeah ppl are fed
    Shadowlands released 5 Months and 1 week ago.

Yet you come up with -8 months-? lol. way to make a point, i guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    My first terrible experience in the game with someone from the 'community' was about two days after I signed up in BC. We were in the scar and I did some newbie thing and messed up getting my ass harassed by two other players for literally the next half hour. So at least back then.

I mean, come on. This has happened since day one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I’ve found there’s quite a large portion of players that just aren’t that good at the game.
    Half of everyone is below average. This is surprising? And what counts for 'average' around here pushes that up into the 80th percentile.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

90% of the people in this thread are supreme Dicks. No wonder the wow community is full of gentlemans...

People have always been this way.

There's people that play this game how the devs want them to. There's people that play it how they want to. There's people who play with bots and third party programs. There's people that pay others to play it for them. There's people that play it like it's a slot machine. There's people who play it just to shut their brains off and press flashy buttons to receive flashy rewards.

The list goes on and on. I'm the type of player to bust CDs just to build up enough runic power so that I may resurrect some dead dude who may or may not be afk. But I'm also the type who doesn't have a taunt button on my bars because fuck that shit I don't use it unless I'm in tank spec.

Are those who just plays through the game in a narrow-minded and selfish/ignorant/oblivious POV annoying and even detrimental to other people's enjoyment? Yes, that's fair to say. But there has and always will be people like that. In fact, a majority of them are like that. Especially in real life. That's just life.

/Thread

No one actually has fun playing this game now, especially the meager solo content that SL actually has. Most people you group with are just doing it for the dopamine hit, and are otherwise addicted to the game. Blizzard has designed a game where fun gameplay is secondary to time played, therefore most people are miserable outside of guild activities and even then it's hit or miss.

Why should the players care when the devs clearly don't?

There's a reason that Classic has a much better community than retail, because the game isn't tainted by horrific design decisions and is still regarded some respect by both devs and players as a result.

The devs long since stopped treating retail WoW like a treasure, and so the players eventually followed suit.

5+ Year Old Account
    I have done m+ recently and accidently pulled a mob and have been called a blind retard. I thought this going to upset me but then I just agreed with them. Then I ended up insulting myself and telling jokes then they all started to laugh. The funniest thing was when we wiped, I pulled exactly the same mob again. We all laughed so hard that we even wiped on the last boss. Everyone was like: Bro, what's up with the timer! It's more like how do you react. Everywhere are people that we will not like just have to learn how to survive through it.

10+ Year Old Account
    You sound like a fun guy and totally not like someone passive agressive who blames it on the comunity.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

7+ Year Old Account
    I whisper him thusly "Some heals or a taunt when I was low would've been appreciated."
    When did players stop caring? Around the time that some players started thinking it was ok to send passive aggressive tells like the above.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    This is exactly why I don't even participate in hitting the boss until he is almost down.
    Its not the kind of behaviour that I approve for myself, but its where I've been driven to.
    ...and you're the reason the game dies a little more every day.

And OP, you're wrong.

1) Most powerful class/combo in the game, esp for open-world content. You knew you should've gone tank, like you said.

2) It's the Maw, and not the regular Maw, but the "advanced readers group" area. Expecting help is silly, no one is coming to save you.

3) "Hey, we can try again, let me go tank" would've probably gotten a better response than: "Some heals or a taunt when I was low would've been appreciated."

Yeah, I would've told you to get bent and to learn not to die.
    Last edited by Zig Zug; 2021-04-30 at 11:10 PM.
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.

A lot of frustrations come from loving a game but despising the direction and design a company takes with it. They can look at their own history and see what worked, numbers alone but still make idiotic decisions. So when I played I was salty AF. Even tho I love the game I grind my teeth every moment of it. I do not want that. So I have taken the longest break I've ever taken in SL.

Moving forward I'm excited for TBC simply because it was my best time and memories and I don't have to suffer under new blizzard anymore. Will I try 10.0? Absolutely, but I'll also drop it like a hot tater if it's another round of the same model we've been getting.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    That's just bullshit.
    Back at you.

If you got a point, you need to actually lay it out. As it stands you are actually proving me right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    What? I think you actually miss what gaming in the 90s was actually like.

The OP would have been ostrisized from the playerbase for the first pst they sent. If we were talking about gaming in an arcade, they would of been knocked out. I saw it all the time growing up. Someone is passive-agressive and the person next to them slaps them side the head.
    No, i'm not talking about arcade, i'm talking about your group of friends.

I totally swiped this from someone, but fits perfectly for how I feel. More rewards for raiding and Torghast please.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solry View Post
    Sooo, basically you died and got frustrated by that and started looking for anyone else to put the blame on?
    Exactly. While that ret was probably an assh0le, charging in without saying a word and feeling entitled to other players' support reeks of toxicity as well, not to mention (as many other posters have said already) the passive-aggressive whisper at the end.

OP should be happy with Blizz though, because this is the kind of behaviour encouraged by current WoW, where nothing (including player behaviour) matters outside of instanced content. And if Blizzard does it, it must be right
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    I totally swiped this from someone, but fits perfectly for how I feel. More rewards for raiding and Torghast please.

Comic doesn't make sense. Giving out more rewards doesn't make the content any better. It just baits people into doing things they do not want.

OT:

I had a similar situation recently. I was doing some stuff on my freshly 60 mage and saw a paladin tank soloing a rare elite in the maw. I joined in, and the rare apparently damages all targets in range with some ability, so I drop lower and lower. No heals. But then I pop ice block and the paladin notices me and begins to heal, leading to us killing the rare and me thanking him.
    Why do I tell you this? Because until you show other players you're in trouble, everyone will assume you are not. So go in cat form, pop sprint and run away. Go in bear form and use frenzied regeneration. Say "heal pls". Stop doing dmg to lose threat (which honestly is something all DPS should learn).
    Also you're a druid, you can heal yourself pretty well.

So yes, paladin could have prevented your death, but probably did not even notice you being in trouble. Also you didn't seem to use any measures to prevent your own death. If you can't be assed, why should the pala?

Yea nothing entitled about NOT keeping the healthbar close to you above zero.

The person the pally whispered was probably just not paying attention and didn't like that the pally implied they are a bad player. /defensive mode engaged