The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aaron to Aaron meet Rodgers to Rodgers I guess for the Packers.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait I have a better one.

"We have Aaron Rodgers at home."

Aaron Rodgers at home. *Aaron Jones and Amari Rodgers.*
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    First the Eagles draft Dallas in Dallas.

Now the Ravens draft Cleveland in Cleveland.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Guess Munchak got to choose the 3rd round pick. Center and RG kind of sucked in the run game last year, so if this guy can do that it fits with he no QB and run the ball every down theory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Guess Munchak got to choose the 3rd round pick. Center and RG kind of sucked in the run game last year, so if this guy can do that it fits with he no QB and run the ball every down theory.
    This is about giving Rodgers a clean pocket, Meinherz with technique is going to bully interior pass rush.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    This is about giving Rodgers a clean pocket, Meinherz with technique is going to bully interior pass rush.
    We're just running with this now, huh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    We're just running with this now, huh.
    As long as the Donkeys lack a QB we're running with it. Denver can't go into this season with Drew and Teddy.

One lost it and the other never had it.

Oh course, now they take a Buckeye. They must have let someone else take over the draft for the 3rd round, both picks actually made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    As long as the Donkeys lack a QB we're running with it. Denver can't go into this season with Drew and Teddy.

One lost it and the other never had it.
    Way to leave out Brett Rypien.

Bills first three picks have been all lineman, two DEs and one tackle.

In the first two rounds of the past two years, we've had 5 picks - 4 of them have been defensive lineman. Gotta stop Mahomes somehow, and Oliver and Epenesa haven't lived up to expectations yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sort of amazed the Saints spent their first three picks on defense, they usually fall in love with somebody on offense and can't resist getting them.

The last time the Saints made it to the end of round 3 without picking an offensive player was 2012 and they only had one pick in the first three rounds that year.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I'm sort of amazed the Saints spent their first three picks on defense, they usually fall in love with somebody on offense and can't resist getting them.

The last time the Saints made it to the end of round 3 without picking an offensive player was 2012 and they only had one pick in the first three rounds that year.
    It really is a bizarre draft but I guess they are banking on Thomas coming back healthy to carry the load with Kamara again. They really need consistent play out of the TE position to cover up the other receivers not really stepping up. I really have no idea what to expect from this offense without the accuracy of Drew even without being able to throw deep. Taysom has NOT had a good looking deep ball and I really want him to not win the QB job so he can go back to a slash role. I'd love to be proven wrong but I think his talents are going to go to waste if he does not win the QB job outright.

10+ Year Old Account
    Center aside the Packers picks so far seem to be filling very specific niches, which honestly I do prefer over last year's "let's just draft some backups" idiocy.

They get a speed-coverage CB3 and a slot receiver so they don't need to try and get Davante Adams to do that too for them.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Bills first three picks have been all lineman, two DEs and one tackle.

In the first two rounds of the past two years, we've had 5 picks - 4 of them have been defensive lineman. Gotta stop Mahomes somehow, and Oliver and Epenesa haven't lived up to expectations yet.
    I was cool with Buffalo spending most or all of their picks on linemen. I believe the team could be spooky with better play/depth on both lines.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Thanks NFL network for reminding me Jeff Driskel is somehow still on the roster.

No idea how this safety is, but good for a team with literally nothing for depth at the position.

10+ Year Old Account
    So apart from our first and seconds going assbackwards... we're drafting really well. I can't be mad at this oO

10+ Year Old Account
    Packers today employing the "shotgun theory" to their OLine. Just draft as many as you can and at least one should be able to replace their Center.

Packers today employing the "shotgun theory" to their OLine. Just draft as many as you can and at least one should be able to replace their Center.
    Sometimes that actually works.. You might even get 2 good ones! Now that this is over...

How long till Week 1 Game 1?!

10+ Year Old Account
    So one of those linemen was a Green Bay Native, via Wisconsin, Cole Van Lanen. Who I only bring up because he had a rather hilarious story where when the Packers called him to tell him they were gonna draft him, his phone actually flagged the call as "potentially a scam."

Seems to be the strategy the Raiders and Broncos are using for DBs too.

7 of 10 picks were on defense. All but 1 free agent signings were on defense and the only players they brought in on offense were Bridgewater and a 3rd string RB despite having one of the worst offenses last year. It really feels like they are throwing in the towel for this season.
    Last edited by Grube; 2021-05-01 at 10:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like the Rams did similar taking 3 WRs, after tiny tutu they got a couple real big dudes.

Don't see much to get excited about with the Saints drafting Ian Book, but maybe he'll surprise me. Its certainly a good fit for him to end up in New Orleans.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Seems to be the strategy the Raiders and Broncos are using for DBs too.

7 of 10 picks were on defense. All but 1 free agent signings were on defense and the only players they brought in on offense were Bridgewater and a 3rd string RB despite having one of the worst offenses last year. It really feels like they are throwing in the towel for this season.
    We've also needed depth in the secondary for a couple of seasons, bad injuries have meant we played absolute garbage.

This was about getting Oline and secondary players for us, and that was huge.