Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Feral] 9.1 discussion

hey guys, do you think we will see drastic changes in 9.1 as feral?

i am not happy with our AoE abilities but i think our ST is solid.

maybe some PVP love as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouri Kogorou View Post
    hey guys, do you think we will see drastic changes in 9.1 as feral?

i am not happy with our AoE abilities but i think our ST is solid.

maybe some PVP love as well.
    Just nerf the other melees to the ground and I would say its fine pvp-wise. Especially Arms. Its ridicolously over the top compared to other melees.

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Just nerf the other melees to the ground and I would say its fine pvp-wise. Especially Arms. Its ridicolously over the top compared to other melees.
    but then you can't compete with ranged.

for now unless you bring something for the raid melee will not be favored.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouri Kogorou View Post
    but then you can't compete with ranged.

for now unless you bring something for the raid melee will not be favored.
    I was talking pvp only

So far nothing of note seems to have been revealed outside of the covenant legendaries that particularly pertains to feral. If the suspected convoke note is pertaining to a legendary instead of an anima power it could have strong implications in both PvE and PvP though it does nothing to address the fact that no one wants to take us in those melee spots when we don’t bring anything special like havocs or warriors.

Feral is dead and forgotten. The sooner you accept the fact the sooner you can end the misery and permanent uphill battle.

Also your soul won't be crushed when they rework boomy the 6th time in the next expansion and make it the BiS class again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Feral is dead and forgotten. The sooner you accept the fact the sooner you can end the misery and permanent uphill battle.

Also your soul won't be crushed when they rework boomy the 6th time in the next expansion and make it the BiS class again
    I hate to say this but I agree. I’ve been playing feral since wrath in every expansion and this is the first one where it feels_SO_bad I gave it up.
    Also took the wrong covenant(venthyr), but even without covenant skills playing retri or hunter is just so much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuppy View Post
    I hate to say this but I agree. I’ve been playing feral since wrath in every expansion and this is the first one where it feels_SO_bad I gave it up.
    Also took the wrong covenant(venthyr), but even without covenant skills playing retri or hunter is just so much better.
    Same. Main since wotlk, but when a pug mage in m14 made 6500dps meanwhile i couldn't go above 4500 in similar gear, i just lost the will to play at all. I haven't logged in since 3 months

I think we just need some better survival imo, always feel so frail in PvM. Also would be nice with utility and better AOE yes.

I listen to psybearslat (mythic+ feral druid) and he has some good points if ppl wanna listen to a pro.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post

DPS wise feral is in a great place. There is a few tweeks that could be made to make it more enjoyable (going back to a bleed style over FB spam) but its not dead and forgotten :P

Looks like we got some PvP talent changes in 9.1. Rip and Tear is gone, which almost no one ever used. We have some interesting choices now, as with the new MS effect we can combine that with the new healing change to High Winds (that also no one took) for a miniature sharpen blade every time DRs are up, seems interesting I just don’t like that we would have to give up something like the usual Thorns and Strength combo to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    DPS wise feral is in a great place. There is a few tweeks that could be made to make it more enjoyable (going back to a bleed style over FB spam) but its not dead and forgotten :P
    They didn't touch the class since WotLK. The only change was the Blood Talon talent in MoP/WoD and some number tweaking. You press the same buttons, you make the same rotation since 13 years. Also it's a bottom, or at best a middle of the barrel spec since WoD aka 7 years. Go and check the change logs in every expansion release, average for Balance is 17 lines, for feral it's 4.

That's the text book definition of dead and forgotten to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    I think convoke is the only reason feral might feel good since it provides some great numbers, but without it...
    Considering FB spam, numbers I often see with 5 points and 100 energy is something like 3-6k. My paladin whacks 13k hits with final verdict legendary, and it takes me 1-3 GCD’s to be able to do that.
    Also there is not even a legendary to support that FB spam, closest being apex which is so stupidly random(rip damage has 3% chance to make FB free. Yes, THREE percent chance) it makes me cry. At 5 points your rip ticks 12 times so go figure.
    Last edited by Cuppy; 2021-04-22 at 10:03 AM. Reason: iDevice auto-correct... ffffuuuuu
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.

They need to fix the new covenant legendary for feral. If it's anything like the anima power that uses an "exceptional" spell more often, then it's going to pick Feral Frenzy over Ferocious Bite which is a huge dps loss.

All these people saying Feral is dead are delusional.

Feral has great single target, ok ish cleave and you have *some* AoE.

You also have access to one of the most overpowered covenant abilities in the game - Convoke the Spirits.

Boomkin's incoming nerfs are a net positive for Feral.

10+ Year Old Account

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by AntenoraDK View Post
    All these people saying Feral is dead are delusional.

Feral has great single target, ok ish cleave and you have *some* AoE.

You also have access to one of the most overpowered covenant abilities in the game - Convoke the Spirits.

Boomkin's incoming nerfs are a net positive for Feral.
    Let’s see some logs then shall we? Or somesort of ”proof” for that claim?
    I could imagine some mythic geared feral with convoke can pull off amazing numbers but what about lower geared, non-convoke feral?
    Do you play feral yourself?

Like I said previously, bad legendaries and a-must-have covenant have put me out on feral, because it doesn’t feel good at all compared to few other classes I’ve played.
    Then again, I’m not here to say don’t play feral. If you think it’s worth it, go for it 100%!
    I played feral from wotlk to bfa, and not I don’t because of all the above.

feral has felt really good this xpansion.
    but i do think it needs.....something. something to tip it over the edge a bit.
    the spec feels good, but it feels worse being benched because i'm not a balance druid.....

is feral getting any nerfs or buffs in 9.1?

Quote Originally Posted by Shin0mura View Post
    feral has felt really good this xpansion.
    but i do think it needs.....something. something to tip it over the edge a bit.
    the spec feels good, but it feels worse being benched because i'm not a balance druid.....

is feral getting any nerfs or buffs in 9.1?
    We basically need buffs to all bleeds. I know - we can buff bleeds by talents, covenants and conduits. But that nerfs our single target burst by a LOT, while at the same time still leaving us short.

A buff to Rip, Rake and Thrash with about 15-20% should do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitepaw View Post
    We basically need buffs to all bleeds. I know - we can buff bleeds by talents, covenants and conduits. But that nerfs our single target burst by a LOT, while at the same time still leaving us short.

A buff to Rip, Rake and Thrash with about 15-20% should do it.
    Feral does not need a ~5% ST (and ~8% AoE buff). Making the spec have stronger bleeds would mean you'd have to take power away from the direct damage sources, which would be bad with how the game works nowadays. Would I prefer if DoT specs actually had strong DoTs? Absolutely, but burst is just better, and DoTs are inherently not bursty.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Feral does not need a ~5% ST (and ~8% AoE buff). Making the spec have stronger bleeds would mean you'd have to take power away from the direct damage sources, which would be bad with how the game works nowadays. Would I prefer if DoT specs actually had strong DoTs? Absolutely, but burst is just better, and DoTs are inherently not bursty.
    No.

It would mean that our bleeds did more damage. I'm not talking about re-balancing our damage to be more bleed-heavy. I'm talking a straight up buff to our bleeds.