Thread: Useless Taelia

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Useless Taelia

so what's the point of this character in Shadowlands? she does nothing in 9.0 and 9.1.
    She doesn't have a reunion moment with her father, she's just there.... I remember an interview in which ION said that "We will learn about Bolvar's family and his past"

Blizzard abandoned her story?

10+ Year Old Account
    That is what happens when a female character is suddenly added to the story with sole purpose of being a breeding mate for a male lead....
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Pretty sure she does have a reunion moment in 9.0...
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

7+ Year Old Account
    They do have a reunion.

Formerly known as Arafal

It is early in the expansion. We still have not even hit the first major patch and we have at least 3 major matches. Not everything needs to be done on launch.

From what I can see, Blizzard are focusing on the characters that are involved in the Covenant Campaigns.
    So we've those like Uther, Tyrande, Kael'thas, Lady Vashj, Shandris, Ysera and many others.

As it stands, Tealia's story is primarily attached to that of Bolvar. A character like Calia, with the constant rumors of Arthas coming back, is holding way more ground.
    I mean, let's look at it another way. SL has not gotten off to a great start. It's also possible many planned stories didn't make the final cut. That happens every time.
    Way back before Legion released, their was a planned story involving Farondis, Tyrande and Malfurion and actually seeing Azshara destroy Nar'thalas and kill the Elves of Azsuna. It didn't make it into the live game.

Their might be more from Taelia in time, but as it stands and as the youtube video above shows, Taelia has had that reunion with her father. It's possible Blizzard is just moving on. It might not be to everybody's said please, but it is, what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    That is what happens when a female character is suddenly added to the story with sole purpose of being a breeding mate for a male lead....
    Considering the main narrative has been a mixture of male and female leads.
    Hell, the main Eternal Ones who have stood against the Jailor have been the female leads of Bastion and Ardenweald. Again, those characters are the main ones that are driving the narrative, into 9.1. So a female character (Taelia) has been replaced by...other female characters (Winter Queen, Archon) as well as Sylvanas. Also, Lady Vashj is popping up a hell of a lot, (Spoilers) regarding a very small part in Tyrande's story and playing a huge role alongside Kael'thas.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-05-01 at 01:33 PM.

Or a female character is added for the sole purpose of adding female characters for "representation"...in a cast that is currently mostly female. Wow, I didn't realize how easy it was to come up with bullshit to fit your own narrative.

This is what happens when a dead elf hogs all the story. More interesting characters are left out of the field.+-

The character existed because Blizz found the concept art cool, she's inoffensive but I don't really see what anyone expected out of it. Bolvar didn't need a daughter.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    She's just there to be accounted for. So it is known she was "present" during the strife and conflict in the Shadowlands.

Also when eventually we save Anduin, she will be there to cushion his emotional turmoil from the ordeal, and to plant the seeds of her and his eventual coupling.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    This is what happens when a dead elf hogs all the story. More interesting characters are left out of the field.+-

Not to defend Sylvanas' characterization, because just l-o-l at that, but exactly how is Taelia more interesting than Sylvanas?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Considering the main narrative has been a mixture of male and female leads.
    Hell, the main Eternal Ones who have stood against the Jailor have been the female leads of Bastion and Ardenweald. Again, those characters are the main ones that are driving the narrative, into 9.1. So a female character (Taelia) has been replaced by...other female characters (Winter Queen, Archon) as well as Sylvanas. Also, Lady Vashj is popping up a hell of a lot, (Spoilers) regarding a very small part in Tyrande's story and playing a huge role alongside Kael'thas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazmalak View Post
    Or a female character is added for the sole purpose of adding female characters for "representation"...in a cast that is currently mostly female. Wow, I didn't realize how easy it was to come up with bullshit to fit your own narrative.
    What the fuck are you two talking about? I am not talking about any of those. I am talking solely about Taelia as a character, which she literally has none whatsoever at this point and the sole reason for her existence is to be a breeding partner for Anduin. Why the fuck she was even introduced in the game? From BFA until now, what would we literally miss if she never existed? If she never existed, would we not be able to recruit Kul Tiras? If she never existed, would Bolvar not try to find Anduin in the maw? The sole reason she was added to the story and also as the sole daughter of of Bolvar was to pair her up with Anduin.It is as simple as that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Not to defend Sylvanas' characterization, because just l-o-l at that, but exactly how is Taelia more interesting than Sylvanas?
    Ohhh I don't know... let me see....umm.... yeah that's right... she is not... she literally has no value to the whole story other than being Bolvar's only daughter and Anduin's potential breeding mate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    They do have a reunion.
    I think he meant an actual reunion not this "Daddy you never even gave me a kiss! Now find my friends for me or I will hate you forever!" crap.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

What the fuck are you two talking about? I am not talking about any of those. I am talking solely about Taelia as a character, which she literally has none whatsoever at this point and the sole reason for her existence is to be a breeding partner for Anduin.
    No evidence. Just a speculative guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Face it man, that is the route Blizzard is trying to go. Otherwise, there was literally zero need to add a character with so little value to even the story she was part of...

She is next Aggra, you know it.

Face it man, that is the route Blizzard is trying to go. Otherwise, there was literally zero need to add a character with so little value to even the story she was part of...
    Unnecessarily too. Tess or Vanessa are much better picks.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

What lmao

She's one nothing so far. Just because she isn't yet another "muh badass woman who ain't take no crap" doesn't mean she's breeding material.

They've simply done nothing with her but hint at what they may or may not do with her. As of right now, she's only discovered Bolvar and flirted with Anduin.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    She's just there to be accounted for. So it is known she was "present" during the strife and conflict in the Shadowlands.

Also when eventually we save Anduin, she will be there to cushion his emotional turmoil from the ordeal, and to plant the seeds of her and his eventual coupling.

Because a dead emo elf with death issues complaining how hard death treated her is not interesting. Why not create new stories with new characters?

Less Taelia is good, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Unnecessarily too. Tess or Vanessa are much better picks.
    I can see Tess, but why Vanessa? There would be quite a lot of tension, there, since both lost a parent indirectly due to the actions of the other's parent.

I am quite convinced Anduin is gay, so not expecting anything from him and Taelia.