5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    RP servers are definitely a lot better, actually closer to the FFXIV community in terms of friendliness and decency. The problem is that they're not completely isolated so you're still exposed to the toxicity from former PvP servers due to most things being cross realm.
    Mythic raids are the only piece of content that's server specific if I remember correctly.
    I've definitely had a good time when I rolled my 1st Ally toon in Moonguard (yes, the Goldshire inn had a lot to do with it ). Even if you clearly see less people doing organised content, the guild I got invited to ended up being quite nice, a bunch of really swell fellows I did a lot of stuff with. Suffice to say that I got AotC on my brand new Ally toon before I did with my long established Horde roster of characters, go figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Why should you get even the second best gear if you dont do the content that rewards it, gear should require at least some effort to aquire and not just by doing casual content like HCs, WQs and random BGs, you only need that gear when your doing the harder content so thats where you earn it, 220 ilvl is easy to get it just requires you to put in some effort.

I believe in being rewarded by putting some effort into the game and then being rewarded, not by doing casual content and getting high level items.
    You talk like the loot is something we have x amount, and after it’s given to players, there is nothing to gain.
    Why do you care if someone gets their mythic +29 gear from pet battles? Why? You think you are hot shit when you have 226 gear? I hate to break it down but you are not. Were you realm first, did you do MDI and came 1st, are you the sole winner of arena championship? Those things are something to be proud, and granted you can be hot shit at that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuppy View Post
    You talk like the loot is something we have x amount, and after it’s given to players, there is nothing to gain.
    Why do you care if someone gets their mythic +29 gear from pet battles? Why? You think you are hot shit when you have 226 gear? I hate to break it down but you are not. Were you realm first, did you do MDI and came 1st, are you the sole winner of arena championship? Those things are something to be proud, and granted you can be hot shit at that point.
    So you can only be better or proud of your achievements if you're in the top 0.00000001% of the playerbase who do things like compete in a world first race or MDI? Huh

If someone is a casual player, why would they care about gear at all in the first place? At least to that extreme in terms of ilvl. Especially when they want rewards for little effort, then want to pretend like the content they don't do is just "no big deal" or isn't difficult, while making excuses for why they don't do said "easy content" like an idiot.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    If someone is a casual player, why would they care about gear at all in the first place?
    So I can feel like I'm allowed to queue for random battlegrounds and turn on warmode. Right now I feel like I would just get eaten alive.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    yeah, the old ones still hold up, I agree on that. But does the newer ones do? As with alot of things in retail wow, theres so much of it going around it almost loses meaning. So many mounts, so many titles. I barely notice mounts anymore, titles? pff cant recall myself looking at a title. They are a dime a dozen.
    Yeah, I liked titles when they were an accomplishment, I do notice some of the old server first ones etc when you see them around. Mostly it's just a sign that someone's been around for a while and in a group setting I can assume they won't do anything stupid. Otherwise I tend to assume everyone else started last week.

Is this really up to 105 pages now?
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    Yeah, I liked titles when they were an accomplishment, I do notice some of the old server first ones etc when you see them around. Mostly it's just a sign that someone's been around for a while and in a group setting I can assume they won't do anything stupid. Otherwise I tend to assume everyone else started last week.
    These days I expect everyone to be new and/or rather "bad" at the game, almost no matter what mount or title they have. I have a friend that sucks at the game and he has never done any serious raiding, he does lfr and standard dungeons. But, he has ALOT of gold. He buys boosts for alot of stuff. That guy got more titles and mounts than me, stuff he really has no business having. Quite funny :P he mocks me on the regular about it haha

These days I expect everyone to be new and/or rather "bad" at the game, almost no matter what mount or title they have. I have a friend that sucks at the game and he has never done any serious raiding, he does lfr and standard dungeons. But, he has ALOT of gold. He buys boosts for alot of stuff. That guy got more titles and mounts than me, stuff he really has no business having. Quite funny :P he mocks me on the regular about it haha
    He obviously put in a lot of effort acquiring that gold (IRL or i game) so I'd say he has earned whatever he bought.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Is this really up to 105 pages now?
    It's what happens if the hardcore players feel that their gear exclusively is threatened. They get furious

He obviously put in a lot of effort acquiring that gold (IRL or i game) so I'd say he has earned whatever he bought.

- - - Updated - - -

It's what happens if the hardcore players feel that their gear exclusively is threatened. They get furious
    Thats one way to look at it. He has played the ah pretty much since vanilla. Early on he piled up so much gold he could just keep on spinning from that.

Personally, i've always taken the viewpoint of "either I try to do it and get it, or I dont". If I dont get it by raiding mythic etc, then thats on me. I lose out on it. I have shit gear? Thats on me. I dont have that mount? thats on me.

I prefer obtaining stuff by actually doing it myself, instead of a carry. It just sits wrong with me. I rather miss out on it.

Personally, i've always taken the viewpoint of "either I try to do it and get it, or I dont". If I dont get it by raiding mythic etc, then thats on me. I lose out on it. I have shit gear? Thats on me. I dont have that mount? thats on me.
    I wouldn't say it's entirely on you. Raiding, among other things, is a team activity and if you don't have a cooperative team, all the desire and drive in the world isn't going to help you get the reward. If you're skilled enough on your own and don't get that AotC or other reward, it's not entirely your fault.

That's the point I've tried to make extensively in this thread. I can want to do M+ or raid till the cows come home, but if other people aren't inviting me, or other people aren't joining my group, what more can I do? Try to solo the damn thing?

I've only ever bought stuff like that three times in the game though. Once, when my guild fell apart during SoO, I bought the Garrosh mount/achieve, and the CM armor/weapons during MoP and WoD because I could never find a reliable group of friends to learn the dungeons with.
    Last edited by Tadkins; 2021-05-01 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    I wouldn't say it's entirely on you. Raiding, among other things, is a team activity and if you don't have a cooperative team, all the desire and drive in the world isn't going to help you get the reward. If you're skilled enough on your own and don't get that AotC or other reward, it's not entirely your fault.

That's the point I've tried to make extensively in this thread. I can want to do M+ or raid till the cows come home, but if other people aren't inviting me, or other people aren't joining my group, what more can I do? Try to solo the damn thing?

I've only ever bought stuff like that three times in the game though. Once, when my guild fell apart during SoO, I bought the Garrosh mount/achieve, and the CM armor/weapons during MoP and WoD because I could never find a reliable group of friends to learn the dungeons with.
    Dont try to compare him with you, he means he actually puts in the effort when he wants to get something but if he doesnt want to put the effort, he is aware of it and hes fine on missing out on stuff, you arent aware of it at all, and stop trying to put excuses when you arent even trying, everyone has seen your posts at this point and know that you arent playing the game and you arent gonna play it, so why do you keep derailing the thread with false claims? its honestly almost trolling at this point.

well yes and no. You might have problems getting into decent groups from time to time. But over a whole patch or a whole xpac? If I want AOTC, I can go get it. There are groups, there are guilds and communities. Theres lots of groups on discord for whatever content you want to do in the game.

Im just saying no one should be afraid of missing out on titles, mounts and gear. If you really want it, its there to obtain. We dont deserve everything in the game if we cant be bothered doing the legwork to get it.

Im probably of the old school style on this one. Do the legwork required to get the stuff, or dont. I've been frustrated about missing out on alot of stuff, but thats on me. And you know what? its fine. It really aint that bad. Makes whatever you actually get more cool.

When I do obtain a mount in game it actually feels great, knowing its my work.
    Last edited by crusadernero; 2021-05-01 at 11:36 AM.

So about casual loot.

On wednesday I opened my vault on my hunter, I had 2 choices.

Then last night I was going to see what I have earned so far this week, and to my surprise I had another set of items to pick from the vault, 3 items this time. Does it not go away this time around if you forget to choose one week? As in two picks if you have one left from the week before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    So you can only be better or proud of your achievements if you're in the top 0.00000001% of the playerbase who do things like compete in a world first race or MDI? Huh

If someone is a casual player, why would they care about gear at all in the first place? At least to that extreme in terms of ilvl. Especially when they want rewards for little effort, then want to pretend like the content they don't do is just "no big deal" or isn't difficult, while making excuses for why they don't do said "easy content" like an idiot.
    You can be proud of your own achievements, let them be whatever you want them to be. This is not sarcasm.
    Now then, this "casual who wants their full 226 gear via mail", who is this guy? There is no such guy, right?
    Well ok then, show me the "guy who is casual and is fully 226 geared via their casual bullshit activity"? There is no such guy, right?

So where is the issue then, the handouts of weekly vault which gives you 226 gear when you complete mythic +14?
    It's one piece of a loot a week, and I don't think mythic +14(or whatever it is atm what people run for MAXIMUM REWARD HURRDURR) is something you just shrug and go there keyboard smashing and collect the loot, am I right?
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.

264 was the second best gear in the game. 213 isn't even close to being the second best.
    284 was the best gear in the game. Equiv to the 233. 277 is from heroic 25 man, equivalent to 226 from mythic. 264 is equivalent to the 213 we have now. All the exact same amount of ilvls apart from eachother. Can read ions latest interview where he talks about ilvl scaling hasn't changed since wrath. Same exact power scaling.

So no, 264 was 20 ilvls below the best gear. Definitely not the 2nd best like u claimed. Exactly like 213 gear is now. 20 lvls below 233.
    Last edited by ellieg; 2021-05-01 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    284 was the best gear in the game. Equiv to the 233. 277 is from heroic 25 man, equivalent to 226 from mythic. 264 is equivalent to the 213 we have now. All the exact same amount of ilvls apart from eachother. Can read ions latest interview where he talks about ilvl scaling hasn't changed since wrath. Same exact power scaling.

So no, 264 was 20 ilvls below the best gear. Definitely not the 2nd best like u claimed. Exactly like 213 gear is now. 20 lvls below 233.
    277 was the best gear in ICC, 264 was the second best. What's the best and second best in Castle Nathria? Is it 226 and 213?

Someone working hard on their own to slowly acquire decent gear is not effort to you? Why does it matter that someone by themselves is able to acquire a decent set by themselves? Does it really affect you that much? They're paying a sub and helping to fund your content.

Not everyone has legions of friends and not everyone is able to break into the tough group content.
    To get stronger you need to push yourself to do more challenging content, why should you be rewarded with better items when it takes no effort but just some time, gear shouldnt just be handed to you just for the amount of time you invest in a game, characters get stronger when you make them do more challenging things

Quote Originally Posted by Cuppy View Post
    Gear should be challenging to get upgrades otherwise the whole system is pointless, gear shouldnt just be handed out to any player doing simple content, higher gear is partly the reward for doing harder content, i have realm first experience, i beleive noone should get mythic level gear unless they are doing mythic raiding, that goes with PvP and M+ also, gear is just thrown at players these days.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-05-01 at 03:39 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post

So one item (shadowmourne) was ilvl 284. 277 was the highest gear you could have as f.e a priest or a mage.

Isn't this entire thread summed up by the children's book " If you give a mouse a cookie..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Gear should be challenging to get upgrades otherwise the whole system is pointless, gear shouldnt just be handed out to any player doing simple content, higher gear is partly the reward for doing harder content, i have realm first experience, i beleive noone should get mythic level gear unless they are doing mythic raiding, that goes with PvP and M+ also, gear is just thrown at players these days.
    And i quote myself:
    Now then, this "casual who wants their full 226 gear via mail", who is this guy? There is no such guy, right?
    Well ok then, show me the "guy who is casual and is fully 226 geared via their casual bullshit activity"? There is no such guy, right?

So where is the issue then, the handouts of weekly vault which gives you 226 gear when you complete mythic +14?
    It's one piece of a loot a week, and I don't think mythic +14(or whatever it is atm what people run for MAXIMUM REWARD HURRDURR) is something you just shrug and go there keyboard smashing and collect the loot, am I right?