The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    If I had the choice between "put 100 murderous insurrectionists in jail for 5 years each" or "put their ringleader in jail for 20 years" I would take a while, but eventually choose the latter. Gullible crazy idiots are thick on the ground in America, apparently, but those capable of pushing them into actual treasonous violence are not.
    That's an interesting philosophical discussion. I'd have to think more on it, but at first blush I like the reasoning you used for you position.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    That's an interesting philosophical discussion. I'd have to think more on it, but at first blush I like the reasoning you used for you position.
    I’d have to agree with @Breccia. I don’t feel that punishing a bunch of gullible idiots helps, but may just cause more gullible idiots to get rilled up in the future. Taking down those who rilled them up in the first place sends a message to those who may try to do it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by swiftowner View Post
    I don’t feel that punishing a bunch of gullible idiots helps
    Oh, if it was an option, I'd throw them all in jail for the crimes they caused. They stormed the Capitol and caused a global fucking panic.

But, if the only way to get the general to go light on the soldiers, that'd be my choice.

Oh, if it was an option, I'd throw them all in jail for the crimes they caused. They stormed the Capitol and caused a global fucking panic.

But, if the only way to get the general to go light on the soldiers, that'd be my choice.
    I mean, I agree that people doing stupid stuff should be punished, but most of the people there genuinely believed the lies they were told. Should you punish them for that? Those that did objectively bad things, like breaking things or assaulted people, threatened to kill people, or *did* kill people, should be punished. But the sheeple idiots following along, I don’t really see justice in ruining their lives for believing the lies fed to them, they are already idiots, their lives are already f’d.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I agree that people doing stupid stuff should be punished, but most of the people there genuinely believed the lies they were told. Should you punish them for that? Those that did objectively bad things, like breaking things or assaulted people, threatened to kill people, or *did* kill people, should be punished. But the sheeple idiots following along, I don’t really see justice in ruining their lives for believing the lies fed to them, they are already idiots, their lives are already f’d.
    If their defense in committing a crime is a delusion bordering on mental illness, then send them to a psychological clinic.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don’t really see justice in ruining their lives for believing the lies fed to them, they are already idiots, their lives are already f’d.
    Then nothing of value will be lost.
    /s

https://www.newsweek.com/ex-state-re...-audit-1588010

Man, having a failed politician who went to the Jan. 6 riot be one of your "ballot reviewer" sure seems like...questionable? Yes? No? Maybe? Who knows, this is all a stupid shitshow of retardation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man, having a failed politician who went to the Jan. 6 riot be one of your "ballot reviewer" sure seems like...questionable? Yes? No? Maybe? Who knows, this is all a stupid shitshow of retardation.
    I guess once you know you're a circus, you might as well hire clowns. They weren't going to find anything anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.newsweek.com/ex-state-re...-audit-1588010

Considering the whole insurrection was ran by Qtards, and the recount is ran by Qtards, having counters be Qtard capitol insurrectionists isn't surprising.

choice between "put 100 murderous insurrectionists in jail for 5 years each" or "put their ringleader in jail for 20 years"
    Why not both ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Why not both ...
    As I posted later, that'd be ideal. But if I had to choose, it's mafia boss over hired goons.

"How do you know it's a Trump supporter?"

Purely from context. Making up a conspiracy theory and pressing it as fact to demonize your opponent? That's 100% Trump material, right there.
    I'm gonna give Trump a pass here. Why? Bullshit conspiracies has been bread and butter for American social conservatives for decades. Perhaps even centuries.

Trump is a symptom. He isn't the problem.

The one time leader of the free world who now lives alone in a hotel sharing buffets, common areas, and staff with strangers, yearns for attention and relevance so badly, he now stands on a patio step every night ranting to tens of people about a 6 month old election that he lost https://t.co/xIuZ7jAkZD
    https://twitter.com/MysterySolvent/s...821313026?s=19

Vid in link.

LOL, this sad fuck.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    I'd like to say this is the more pitiful thing, but he'll keep trying to one up it.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    So like, we have a president whose post-presidential gig is being a wedding speaker?

Like, I know we all joked about him doing weddings and birthday parties with his very normal (actually) contact page on his site but like...I didn't think he reads MMOC forums.

YO THESE FORUMS ARE TOTALLY TRUMP APPROVED!

10+ Year Old Account
    Newsmax apologizes to Dominion.

"We shouldn't have gotten large piles of money by maliciously making up lies about you, and pretending they were truth," they didn't say but definitely meant. "Please don't sue us and take the money we made by lying about you."

Friday's report:

59,906 new cases; about 7k fewer than last Friday.

Top 5:

Fuck Florida.
    Pennsylvania: 4,462 new cases; 42 deaths
    New York: 4,074 new cases; 44 deaths
    Michigan: 3,863 new cases; 37 deaths
    Texas: 3,383 new cases; 68 deaths

Pennsylvania's had a bit of an increase over their total from the previous Friday, but as of right now it's hard to tell if it's a new spike or a correction. Data for the next three days will be suspect but next week will better show what's happening there. Michigan and New York continue to see their cases decline. Texas has essentially been plateaued for a while now and their testing remains terrible. Florida is being Florida. Fuck Florida.

784 deaths is slightly lower than last Friday and brings the total to 590,055. California, Florida and Texas top the list today though all were under 100 deaths. We're now at about the same level we were post 2020's Summer wave, which isn't great but it's better than losing several thousand a day. We're still seeing the numbers come down, albeit slowly.

Related news:

Why younger patients are becoming severely ill with COVID-19--TL;DR: Some of it might be chalked up to mutations, but a lot of it is because younger people feel "invulnerable" to it because of their youth and are eschewing protections and precautions. Idiots.

Disneyland reopening marks California's COVID-19 turnaround--California's turnaround has been remarkable considering where they were a few months ago. I'm still not all that comfortable with them opening Disneyland again (though there ARE many restrictions and rules in place), but I guess I feel better about it happening there than, say, Florida--although apparently Disney World's employees are getting paid to get the vaccine, so that's something. Carrot is usually better than stick.

Stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    The GOP got the civil war they asked for.

Amongst themselves.

Top Republicans are turning on Rep. Liz Cheney, the party’s highest-ranking woman in Congress, with one conservative leader suggesting she could be ousted from her GOP post within a month.

The comments by Reps. Steve Scalise, the minority whip, and Jim Banks, chairman of the Republican Study Committee, carry weight because of their close relationship with House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) — who is openly feuding with Cheney.

Banks (R-Ind.), leader of the largest conservative caucus in the House, told Axios Friday that Cheney's continued criticisms are "an unwelcome distraction," and he questioned whether she would retain her leadership role in a month.

Banks' comments were echoed more diplomatically by Scalise (R-La.), the No. 2 Republican in the House.

During an interview with Axios on Friday, he said of Cheney: "This idea that you just disregard President Trump is not where we are, and, frankly, he has a lot to offer still.”

Earlier in the week, McCarthy himself told reporters: "If you're sitting here at a retreat that's focused on policy, focused on the future of making American next-century, and you're talking about something else, you're not being productive."

Cheney (R-Wyo.) told reporters during several interviews at a GOP retreat in Orlando, Florida, that anyone challenging the 2020 election results should be disqualified from a presidential campaign in 2024, and that she herself would not rule out a run.

She also said a commission to examine the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection should be narrowly focused — not the wide-ranging probe McCarthy favors.

In addition, Cheney characterized a memo Banks wrote about how the party could retain working-class voters as "neo-Marxist."

Banks said such comments detracted from a unified focus about how to beat the Democrats in the 2022 midterms.

"That’s what we got out of Liz Cheney, which doesn’t help us remain focused on that single goal," the congressman said during an interview he offered to Axios.

"Her lack of focus on that, while being focused on other things, and proving her point, was an unwelcome distraction."

“The sort of sideline distractions at the GOP retreat will only serve to hold us back from being focused on that nearly unanimous goal we have as a conference," Banks added.

Asked whether he thought Cheney, who serves in the No. 3 party role as GOP conference chair, will retain that position in a month, Banks said, "I don't know."

“That’s up to her," he added. "I think a lot of us would like to see her join the team, be on the same team, same mission, the same focus. And at this point, that’s what many of us are questioning."

Banks said his view didn't just go up the leadership ranks but down through the House GOP rank-and-file.

The Republican Study Committee has 154 members, the largest group among the 212 Republicans currently serving in the House.

But, but, but: McCarthy and Cheney have been at odds publicly since she both voted in favor of Trump's second impeachment and blamed him for the Jan. 6 assault.

McCarthy initially faulted Trump for inciting the mob but later backed off and visited him at Mar a Lago as he sought the former president's help in winning back the House next year.

In February, the House GOP conference held a secret ballot about whether to retain Cheney in her current role and she won overwhelmingly, 145-61.

A Cheney spokesperson declined to comment on Banks' criticisms. While Cheney says she also is committed to regaining Republican control of the House in 2022, she has noted Trump lost the White House in 2020, while the GOP also lost control of the Senate.

Whatever conference decides we should do it quickly because I don’t think anyone believes this dynamic is particularly healthy right now," said Rep. Anthony Gonzalez (R-Ohio).

"As for me, I think having diverse perspectives in leadership is important. It means we can have a bigger tent such that we aren’t turning people away from the party who would otherwise be inclined to support us. Given that we are completely out of power, we need to be responsibly adding as many voices and voters as possible, not subtracting them.”
    A lot of higher-up Republicans seem to be, well, dead-set on becoming the Party of Trump. Read those bolded statements. They're almost violently upset at the idea of moving away from Trump, and view any talk of moving away from Trump somewhere between "dangerous to the party's goal" and "should leave the party". And the lame-ass limp-dick IMPOTUS ways they even try to defend that don't make sense. They want to move away from the past and into the future and...that means talking about the bad things Trump did is an eviction notice, because they want to move forward with Trump? Moving forwards with Trump is looking to the future. Asking where the party is going is 100% looking towards the future.

What They Meant Was, they don't want to discuss the bad things Trump did that cost them the White House and the Senate. They want to keep his voters. It's a fence they want to straddle so hard they're going to stab their balls with it. And Cheney, ironically not having balls, is putting that plan in danger by pointing out how dangerous Trump was. So, they want to evict her for Saying The Quiet Part Out Loud.

This is dangerous for everyone involved. The remaining rank-and-file GOP members are being pushed out. That leaves a smaller "Fake Republican" Party of Trump base, which is increasingly filled with racists, pedophiles, conspiracy-nut crazies, literal torch-carrying Nazis, and of course the murderious insurrectionists of Trump's rabid fanbase.

As I've said multiple times in the past, the Republican Party took and held the gun nuts and the Religious Right (two groups not previously aligned to them) because, without them, they'd lose any chance of a 50/50 split. There's nothing in the classic Republican viewpoint about pro-life, and in fact, it goes against their views on smaller government. Look at what that did to their viewpoint since. At times, it's all they have, because if they lost them, they'd lose every election.

Now do that with Trump's insane fanbase, who have proven willing and able to resort to violence -- violence which they were personally and directly subjected to.

And they've chosen to side with them, because the voter base they've chosen to solidify is loaded with them. They can't afford to lose them, and therefore, can't afford to keep anyone saying "This is a bad idea".

Cheney's upcoming departure means others like Collins are next. And the Party of Trump will solidify.

Then...Trump will die. Old age, or the general dangers of being a fatass. Doesn't matter. Or syphillis.

And that's when things will get really "interesting".

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    The GOP got the civil war they asked for.

Amongst themselves.

A lot of higher-up Republicans seem to be, well, dead-set on becoming the Party of Trump. Read those bolded statements. They're almost violently upset at the idea of moving away from Trump, and view any talk of moving away from Trump somewhere between "dangerous to the party's goal" and "should leave the party". And the lame-ass limp-dick IMPOTUS ways they even try to defend that don't make sense. They want to move away from the past and into the future and...that means talking about the bad things Trump did is an eviction notice, because they want to move forward with Trump? Moving forwards with Trump is looking to the future. Asking where the party is going is 100% looking towards the future.

What They Meant Was, they don't want to discuss the bad things Trump did that cost them the White House and the Senate. They want to keep his voters. It's a fence they want to straddle so hard they're going to stab their balls with it. And Cheney, ironically not having balls, is putting that plan in danger by pointing out how dangerous Trump was. So, they want to evict her for Saying The Quiet Part Out Loud.

This is dangerous for everyone involved. The remaining rank-and-file GOP members are being pushed out. That leaves a smaller "Fake Republican" Party of Trump base, which is increasingly filled with racists, pedophiles, conspiracy-nut crazies, literal torch-carrying Nazis, and of course the murderious insurrectionists of Trump's rabid fanbase.

As I've said multiple times in the past, the Republican Party took and held the gun nuts and the Religious Right (two groups not previously aligned to them) because, without them, they'd lose any chance of a 50/50 split. There's nothing in the classic Republican viewpoint about pro-life, and in fact, it goes against their views on smaller government. Look at what that did to their viewpoint since. At times, it's all they have, because if they lost them, they'd lose every election.

Now do that with Trump's insane fanbase, who have proven willing and able to resort to violence -- violence which they were personally and directly subjected to.

And they've chosen to side with them, because the voter base they've chosen to solidify is loaded with them. They can't afford to lose them, and therefore, can't afford to keep anyone saying "This is a bad idea".

Cheney's upcoming departure means others like Collins are next. And the Party of Trump will solidify.

Then...Trump will die. Old age, or the general dangers of being a fatass. Doesn't matter. Or syphillis.

And that's when things will get really "interesting".
    What really scares me about this continuation of the GOtrumP is that he will die, and probably soon, and if they make some kind of golden-calf martyr out of him, they will just continue down the batshit path of insanity, with comments on policy including "Trump would have wanted it that way", and pushing a bare-intellectual cult of deplorables into something, somehow, worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Having just received my positive test result today, I am inferring from this my inalienable right to punch these people in the throat.
    This got lost in the shuffle, so let me just say get well soon, Mekh. Hope it's not too bad for you.