Poll: Will 9.2.5 be the last major content patch for SL?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Ion said there is one more raid after Sanctum. So it does not contradict what Ion said at all. 9.2.5 is after 9.2. 9.2 would have a raid.
    He didn't say that. He didn't give a specific number.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Ion says this won't be like WoD and there is a 9.2 coming.

WoD, which ended on the .2 patch.

But because you think there's a pattern for two other expansions that you're right and demand timelines rather than, you know, Blizzards own words that this isn't another WoD?
    6.1 was not a content patch. In-game twitter is not content.

If they were using the current system for labeling patches, 6.1 would have been 6.0.5, with 6.2 being 6.1.

WoD had a single, 1 content patch.

SL is getting 2 content patches at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    He didn't say that. He didn't give a specific number.
    We aren't going above 3 raid tiers in one expansion lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post

If they were using the current system for labeling patches, 6.1 would have been 6.0.5, with 6.2 being 6.1.

WOD had one content patch and yet it had more content than Shadowlands.

This. Even Ion said it this way, I have no idea why people are misquoting him. He basically said "WoD only had one additional content tier, Shadowlands will have a 9.2".

6.1 back in WoD is 9.0.5 now in Shadowlands

6.2 back in WoD is 9.1 now in Shadowlands

It's really that simple.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

As much as I love to meme on 6.1 too, it added more than just twitter and the selfie patch.

It added more to the garrison in terms of summoning world bosses and what not. I swear it had more of the campaign too but I can't find that admittedly atm.

A sucky one, sure, but it was still one.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2021-05-01 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    This. Even Ion said it this way, I have no idea why people are misquoting him. He basically said "WoD only had one additional content tier, Shadowlands will have a 9.2".

6.1 back in WoD is 9.0.5 now in Shadowlands

6.2 back in WoD is 9.1 now in Shadowlands

It's really that simple.
    I mean, you cant trust anything Ion says in the first place.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

SL might be the longest expansion to date, not in number of patches, but in total time from release day to the next expan release day.

Quote Originally Posted by hllfrmththrsd View Post
    It makes sense, 9.1 in June, 9.1.5 in September, 9.2 in December, 9.2.5 in March, prepatch in June and new expansion in August 2022. 9.3 does not really fit anywhere. It just makes me upset that we won't get more raids but it is understandable with all WFH situation.
    or in june we would have 9.3 instead of prepatch, which would be in october and new expansion in november, roughly 2y long expansion... dunno why should it be shorter...
    so yeah, there is enough time for 9.3 (although its unlikely as it would be too tightly packed) even if SL wasnt longer than 2y, which it absolutely can be...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Which does not necessarily mean this expansion has to have the same schedule.
    i love how he claim to base the schedule on "every expansion from last decade" when every expansion in last decade (or history for that matter) had completely different schedule...

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    or in june we would have 9.3 instead of prepatch, which would be in october and new expansion in november, roughly 2y long expansion... dunno why should it be shorter...
    so yeah, there is enough time for 9.3 (although its unlikely as it would be too tightly packed) even if SL wasnt longer than 2y, which it absolutely can be...

- - - Updated - - -

i love how he claim to base the schedule on "every expansion from last decade" when every expansion in last decade (or history for that matter) had completely different schedule...
    9.3 in June and an expansion release just 4-5 months later makes no sense. I mean the pre patch would come what, in October then? A 4 month final tier? That’s more than half of what final tiers usually last.

Just check the expansion schedules when it comes to tier / content patch durations. It’s always ~ 6 months for in between content patches and ~ 8-10 months for the final tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    no, he specifically said that "i know there are a lot of doomsayers, but it won't be like wod" in regards of patches.
    yea thats the lawyer talking. It won't be like wod... because it's got a different name.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Ion says many things... and not all of them end up being true. Assuming that 9.1 is released by mid/late June (which would be pretty standard), I find it difficult to see how could Blizzard release two major patches AND have time for a ~November release for 10.0 next year, especially when they've been pumping out content slower than ever, at least since WoD.
    If covid and working remotely is still a thing, going into 2022, a November 2022 10.0 release may be in jeopardy. One of the reasons 9.1 is so late is due to remote work. If something doesn’t change, everything may get pushed back.

Quote Originally Posted by Souflikar View Post
    If covid and working remotely is still a thing, going into 2022, a November 2022 10.0 release may be in jeopardy. One of the reasons 9.1 is so late is due to remote work. If something doesn’t change, everything may get pushed back.
    A November 2022 release for the next expansion is only in jeopardy when there is a 9.3. If they end Shadowlands with 9.2 or 9.2.5, all of the work they usually would have to put into 9.3 can be put into 10.0 instead.

Just look at the schedule, it makes a lot of sense this way: 9.1 in late June or early July, 9.2 in December with the raid opening end of January (or 9.2 in January with a raid release immediately).

Now we can basically go two different routes, depending on if they are able to catch up with their development process or not:

a) 10.0 release in August, if they are capable of catching up - a final tier of 7 months (which would be a new record)

b) 10.0 release in November, with a final tier of 9-10 months (which is the average)

Route b) is basically a copy of BfA’s release schedule (8.2 in June, 9.1 in June, 8.3 in January, 9.2 in January, 9.0 in November, 10.0 in November).

If they somehow want to squeeze a 9.3 content patch into the schedule, the earliest release date for 10.0 would be March / April 2023.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-05-02 at 08:49 AM.

5+ Year Old Account

WoD had 3 raids, and so shall (presumably) SL*. The only difference is that they will be better spread out.

* maybe SL will have a filler raid ala Ruby Sanctum or Crucible in addition to CN, SoD and the 9.2 one. But I don't think they will be going with four full fledged raid tiers this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    WoD had 3 raids, and so shall (presumably) SL*. The only difference is that they will be better spread out.

* maybe SL will have a filler raid ala Ruby Sanctum or Crucible in addition to CN, SoD and the 9.2 one. But I don't think they will be going with four full fledged raid tiers this time.
    Yea, four full fledged raid tiers has been the minority.

Both BRD and Highmaul were part of the same tier, though BRD had a "delayed" release. Keep in mind that they were originally planning on a Shattrath raid as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Everything is shaping up pointing in that direction:

• The Jailor wins in SoD and ascends to greater power
    • Sylvanas boss in 9.1.
    • The Primus is back.
    • Tier Sets coming back in 9.2
    • Sylvanas book later this year
    • no more customization confirmed
    • Blizzard continuously taking two steps back and one step forward with the expansion
    • no serious class balancing confirmed for specs like survival, frost mage, enh, and more.
    • no covenant ripcords confirmed
    • blizzard fighting against the community on between what they want and what they think they want ...again!!

And with COVID-19 added, I wouldn't be surprised if SL has only 2 and a half patches.
    Entire expansion takes more work than a patch. What you're suggesting is basically we'll still be waiting the same amount of time of the usual expansion cycle while only having 9.1/9.2 which seems highly unlikely.

Last point about "fighting the community" is hilarious as most people I talk to in game don't care about the nonsense complaints spewed on these forums.

Idk. Maybe.

- - - Updated - - -

Then again, maybe not.