Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Patch 9.1 PTR - Chapter 2 Main Quest and Unlocking Flying

Patch 9.1 PTR - Chapter 2 Main Quest and Unlocking Flying
    Today we are checking out Chapter 2 of the Chains of Domination storyline! Finishing this portion of the story, which likely opens up in week 2 of the patch, will allow you to fly in the original four Shadowlands Zones. You cannot fly in the Maw even with flying unlocked. *MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD*

Chains of Domination - Chapter 2
    • Tal-Galan, your liaison in Korthia, has brought to your attention that the jailer's forces are attacking the outer reaches of Korthia in an attempt to infiltrate the city's vault. He believes the Jailer is after something important, and enlists the help of the Necrolords to figure it out.
    • Just down the hill from the main Korthia hub is Scholar's Den. Here, you must help Bonesmith Heirmir repair an Anima conduit while rescuing Keepers and slaying Mawsworn.
    • Repairing the Anima conduit provides you with fragmented keeper records that you need Tal-Galan to coalesce to learn the truth of what lies in the vault. The records show the image of the Maldraxxus's Primus, who realized the Jailer's plan and gave his sigil to the Keepers in Korthia for save-keeping in the vault. The message ends with him saying that if the Jailer gets all 5 sigils nothing will stop him from...but it cuts off. You must find additional conduits to decipher more of the message.
    • The location of the next conduit is across a chasm. You must collect 50 anima-infused bones from nearby wildlife and activate a beacon to find cracked records. The cracked records reveal the next part of the message, which finishes the sentence that nothing will stop the Jailer from reaching the Sepulcher when he has all 5 sigils. The Bonesmith tries to ask about the Sepulcher, but Tal-Galan says it is not to be discussed. You hook-shot across the islands and protect the Bonesmith from a devourer while she repairs the next conduit.
    • With both conduits repaired you should be able to enter the vault. You take a flayedwing over to find the Necrolords engaged in combat with the mawsworn outside. You must help rescue some keepers and defeat more mawsworn here before the keepers open the way to the vault.
    • Inside, Tal-Galan begins to open the door, but you are interrupted by Jailer forces. After dispatching them, the last record of the Primus indicates that he is going to bind his sigil with another form of magic as a failsafe, but the message ends before you learn how.
    • The sigil appears before you and Tal-Galan opens a way-stone back to camp after claiming it. Upon showing the sigil to Bolvar, he reveals that it has been bound together with memory magic. He suggests that you present the sigil to the Runecarver in Torghast as he is familiar with this magic.
    • Presenting the sigil to the Runecarver merges it with him and he returns to his real form, the Primus of Maldraxxus! The Jailer takes notice of this and tries to stop you. You must defend the Primus from the Jailer's forces, but Anduin enters the fray and manages to get the sigil from the Primus. The Jailer lets you live, apparently so he can see us all bent to his will.
    • You reconvene with the Primus in Korthia and discuss how to keep the Arbiter's sigil, the only one left, from falling into the Jailer's hands. The Primus says that the covenants have grown stronger, but much must be done for them to remember their true purpose and find their futures. Only then can new sigils be forged to pursue Zovaal. Completing this ends the chapter and awards you with Memories of Sunless Skies, effectively unlocking flying account-wide in the Shadowlands!

Last edited by Stoy; 2021-05-01 at 09:47 PM.

Something to finally look forward to!

Primus design: 10/10

Can you then fly from zone to zone, and not need to fly through Oribos? I never understood why we need to go through Oribos? Too time consuming and pointless.

I'd love to cast my flying mount and fly from one zone to the next crossing the little ocean between them

10+ Year Old Account
    So is Anduin now legit working with the Jailer/Zovaal of his own volition or is he still "dominated"? I don't know what to make of that line in the 30th image...

5+ Year Old Account
    I love Primus, but how he is so immediately dressed up and with staff from being chained and broke?

So 9.2 will likely involve the Sepulcher in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    I love Primus, but how he is so immediately dressed up and with staff from being chained and broke?
    Duh, magic!

Wait, did they change it? I thought it was supposed to unlock after completing the third chapter of the new campaign. Granted week 2 does seem more consistent timewise with BFA and Legion flying unlocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

so to unlock flying, its just a matter of doing some quests? or do we need exalted with factions, completion of covenants, ?

5+ Year Old Account
    Ahh my favorite cliché: I could totally kill you now, but I will not.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Duh, magic!
    Yeah, pretty much. I remember First Arcanist Thalyssra when I first met her, she was in a similar unlucky situation and it took her a while to recover.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    So is Anduin now legit working with the Jailer/Zovaal of his own volition or is he still "dominated"? I don't know what to make of that line in the 30th image...
    No hes being controlled by the Jailer through the armor and Kingsmourne. Watch the kingsmourne trailer and see Anduin after he stabs kyrestia

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Can you then fly from zone to zone, and not need to fly through Oribos? I never understood why we need to go through Oribos? Too time consuming and pointless.

I'd love to cast my flying mount and fly from one zone to the next crossing the little ocean between them
    You can't fly between zones. Something to due with technical restrictions or something along those lines

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    You can't fly between zones. Something to due with technical restrictions or something along those lines
    the reason given was lore reason, the distances between the zones in 'actual' distance to be considered far to vast.

Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    Primus design: 10/10
    It's (un)surprisingly enough, a design very reminiscent of the Warcraft 3 necromancers:

15+ Year Old Account
    They should put quick travel gates on the edges of each zone that you can fly through so you don't need to go through Oribos.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It's (un)surprisingly enough, a design very reminiscent of the Warcraft 3 necromancers:
    Also looks a bit like the original scrapped Jailer design that got leaked.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2021-05-02 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Also looks a bit like the original scrapped Jailer design that got leaked.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...path-prefix=ru
    Showing a blank image, chief.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Showing a blank image, chief.
    Let me help:

Original leaked Jailer model.

Primus Model

Too bad freeing Primus doesn't award a big brown beaver battle pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    Thanks. But I don't see many similarities, really. I mean, we have the pose and then... that's it. No crown on Primus, no horns on the "original Jailer', huge shoulder pads on OJ, one, singular, small shoulderpad on Primus, etc.