Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by portillos View Post
    As soon as Cataclysm dropped. Game started snowballing down hill.
    I think this is when I really started to see the toxicity of the game. All that bullshit you see of bastards saying "Git Gud" or "L2Play" and all the mama jokes was when I started to notice was around when cata dropped. It was like all the little kids came out from hiding or when all the adults felt like they should act like kids.

I believe people stopped caring long ago in this game even the developers. But for me it just seemed to have gotten amped up when Cata came out. Hell you can't even ask a question in General Chat without some arrogant ass twat saying you should just google it. Their are fair less people in this game who care and far too many elitist bastards who think the game should and does revolve around them.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

10+ Year Old Account
    You initiated the conversation with entitlement and passive aggressiveness.

And you don't know why the other player responded to you that way. Irony.

It's almost amazing how utterly out of touch you are coming off as that you felt you needed to post a thread to vent about this.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-05-01 at 12:41 PM.

We don't have any community anymore, because Blizzard has done everything possible to erode server communities, which was the main thing keeping all the assholes in check. Because of that the game has been shit for years and it probably always will be, as the developers either don't care about their game or they don't know what their doing or the idiots still think theme park WoW is the way to go. Take your pick.
    Last edited by ItsRainingMetal; 2021-05-01 at 11:31 AM.

I am not trying to be a pretend psychologist but I honestly believe it's because of this:

Players that play World of Warcraft are still playing it after all these years. Most of them are around 30 years old. They have a lot of issues IRL and take that frustration out on the game.

I have not heard of a single person under 20 playing WoW. And the new generation is not interested in PC gaming, they just want to play on their phones or on a console. PC exclusive games is absolutely a declining market.

It's not the "online community", as games "for kids" actually have very positive and helpful communities. My sisters kids play games like Roblox and every time they meet random people, those people are nice to them.

While I still prefer the Classic versions of WoW, the community in Classic was nowhere near as nice to people as they used to be in Vanilla 2005. While some people were perfectly happy with Classic, many other people wanted to re-live their youth where they did not have all the IRL issues they have today, and they ended up being disappointed in Classic.

There are many nice communities in WoW, but I think you have to find a guild full of dads and moms that only have time to play 2 hours a day, and the guild is still progressing trough the Heroic difficulty Castle Nathria to get this community.
    Last edited by MiiiMiii; 2021-05-01 at 11:42 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Why should he feel down? How on earth “Some heals or a taunt when I was low would've been appreciated." can be considered aggressive?

This remembers me being insulted as an healer because after dying at Stradama with boss died after 5 seconds the only other resser in party left without ressing me and got mad when I whispered him “dude why didn’t you ress me? It was just a click on a button”.

People have serious mental issues nowadays.
    He wrote he feels down, because the paladin ignored him. He made mistake, but people insulting him here will not make him feel better about this whole situation. He probably wasn't even in the party group. It's difficult to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    01/10/2008 was the date.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    You pulled and then taunted him, what did you expect really?
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I'm honestly surprised how many mind readers we have here that are telling me what my mindset and intentions regarding my message to the paladin was.
    we did not tell you what your intention was, we told you that message you wrote was passive aggresive, maybe your intention wasnt, but the message DEFINITELY was... and frankly, we have to go by message rather than intention bcs, as you figured out, we are not mind readers...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    Wait... it's advanced content, yet others can't be expected to have the situational awareness and common sense to off-heal? So, actually it's only advanced content for some people, the others just get to leech. That seems to be what you're saying.
    i think what he meant is its advanced, so if you cant handle yourself form a GROUP

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    What's hilarious is that you're showing the same behaviour here as you did in game. You wrote a message(forum post or ingame pm), people misinterpretted it, and instead of you re-evaluating your communication style and potentially reflecting on the way you come across, you throw a tantrum and claim that people should just know exactly what you meant?
    pretty much this, "majority doesnt understands me, so its everyone else fault, not mine"

3+ Year Old Account
    Players stopped caring during the catastrophic BfA expansion, the few who kept playing of course. There is a huge diehard fanbase which will play regardless of how good or bad the game is.
    Last edited by Nak88; 2021-05-01 at 12:33 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    ok 5 months 1 week 3 hours and 32 second
    and i'll update this post daily -.-
    Huge difference from 5 to 8 months, hence the remark. But hey, whatever floats your boat! have a good one

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    "I wasn't aware I was signing up for LFR when I came down to the Maw"
    honestly this passive aggressive response was the perfect retort you deserved.

Sorry you're feeling down, hopefully the next time you're a dick to someone they just shut up and obey you.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Back at you.

If you got a point, you need to actually lay it out. As it stands you are actually proving me right.

- - - Updated - - -

No, i'm not talking about arcade, i'm talking about your group of friends.
    Your friends did it too. Kids today are soft, this is just facts. Most kids or young adults growing up now could not handle the 90s. If they think they have it rough now. Compared to than they have it easy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Short answer: Because the devs dont care, It's a trickle down effect. If the devs cared, we would care. Take Final Fantasy 14, the devs truly care and love their game, the lore, the characters, the systems and the ideas and what they wanna do with it, hence the players care. It's by no means perfect, PvPing is the worst feature of the game, followed by very alt unfriendly systems I've not seen in any other game (Which is balanced by you being able to level any class on the one character, but then whats the point of extra races, customization etc.) as there's basically no Account Wide features, like we're back in TBC or Wrath.

So even a game like Final Fantasy 14 Is still young, only on it's soon to be 4th expansion but In just those years It's shown it really loves the playerbase and what they do, their main lead dev Yoshi P radiates passion and happiness for what he does. Ion is a broken passionless corporate husk. It has to start from the top, It always does. When a king is unhappy, so will the subjects.
    ^^^

Blizzard's bad attitude towards their own customers really soured the WoW fandom over the past 6-7 years. If the devs won't take their own fans seriously, why should the fans?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    Why should the players care when the devs clearly don't?

There's a reason that Classic has a much better community than retail, because the game isn't tainted by horrific design decisions and is still regarded some respect by both devs and players as a result.

The devs long since stopped treating retail WoW like a treasure, and so the players eventually followed suit.
    I'd say that classic's community is overall older and more patient than modern WoW's. The changes made to retail WoW over the years have meant that the game changed to appeal to people who want their dopamine rush right now. It also drew in anti-social players who don't really like to group up with others. So you have people with less patience and who are less sociable (and have more fragile egos). Whereas classic appeals to people who are okay with not getting an item level upgrade or an infusion of azerite power within 15 minutes and like talking to other people (and have thicker skins).

- - - Updated - - -

Classic players are also generally content with the way classic is, whereas retail players are continually disappointed by the changes being made to the game.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    I think this is when I really started to see the toxicity of the game. All that bullshit you see of bastards saying "Git Gud" or "L2Play" and all the mama jokes was when I started to notice was around when cata dropped. It was like all the little kids came out from hiding or when all the adults felt like they should act like kids.
    It has a lot to do with the way the game is designed. When you start catering to the hardcore crowd, as was the case with early Cata, toxicity soon emerges and lays waste on the social component of WoW. You can see the results of doubling down on that kind of design in BfA, but especially now in SL.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I'd say the genuine, helpful players went to either Classic or Joined FFXIV leaving behind the toxic community of retail today.

Sadly, even FFXIV is being infiltrated by the toxic fanbase of Retail these days as I have run into quite a few rude dudes in Nier Raids or Duty Roulette.

Sadly when im doing World quests, or LFG in WoW its silence, no talking, no socializing, nothing. Joining group quest WQs is silence and people immediately leave when their bar is 100% and do not stick around to help others complete theirs. LFR if you don't kill the boss the 1st time half your group leaves. LFG if you wipe more than 2 times, half the group leaves. If you pop the wrong cool down in PVP you get called a r^%ard. its so very toxic these days and I say it legitimately started in WoTLK. Yes you can say these types of players existed before then but you were exposed to them much much less before LFD became a thing.

Like I said, this has also infiltrated into FFXIV as well. I remember when you joined a dungeon for the 1st time, and you said "sorry, this is my first time" people were genuinely happy, and glad you were there because in exchange for helping you, they got extra tomestones, or bonus experience at the end of the dungeon if they were leveling, More stamps for their adventure book. Now recently, I joined Old world content again because I got my PS5 and wanted to unlock the new trophies and what I saw - New player joined, and said "Hi first time" and it was met with groans, and people LEAVING easy content. I honestly was shocked and appalled because for the most part, I sub to wow for the Epic raiding (The raid dungeons are vast and actually feel like raiding) and FFXIV for the Community (I also do savage mode) and well... if the community is becoming as toxic as wow's I might just quit FFXIV.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ...and once again running into a guy who is a bit of a dick counts as "everyone stopped to care" - as if nobody ever suffered abuse or met an asshole in Vanilla, TBC, Wotlk etc..

But I like that you had this experience with the hunt in the Maw, because I experienced EXACTLY the opposite - people helping out without needing to call it in general. Even the opposite faction.
    ikr,this reminds me of my grandad complaning about the good ol days...he watches tv and sees bad stuff and says back in his day there was no crime,people were nicer,less racism(big lol) etc

i just cringe everytime...not only do we have statistics on this that show we live in some of the safest times,but ofc we see more bad stuff happening when everyone has a camera,camera on every corner,cars,cops etc

but there is also a psyhological factor in play here,people remember with more fondess the times when they were younger or enjoyed a period in their life more overall

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Your friends did it too. Kids today are soft, this is just facts. Most kids or young adults growing up now could not handle the 90s. If they think they have it rough now. Compared to than they have it easy.
    Bahahahahahaha holy crap please tell me you're not serious. This is either the funniest jest or stupidest thing posted in this thread outside of the OP

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    ikr,this reminds me of my grandad complaning about the good ol days...he watches tv and sees bad stuff and says back in his day there was no crime,people were nicer,less racism(big lol) etc

i just cringe everytime...not only do we have statistics on this that show we live in some of the safest times,but ofc we see more bad stuff happening when everyone has a camera,camera on every corner,cars,cops etc

but there is also a psyhological factor in play here,people remember with more fondess the times when they were younger or enjoyed a period in their life more overall
    Every past time was better in people's mind, they even fool themselves to believe that something was in a certain way when in reality it wasnt, we saw the perfect example with classic.

90s gaming chat was absolutely worse than today's. Believe me. I lived it.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    90s gaming chat was absolutely worse than today's. Believe me. I lived it.

Sorry. I am not sure I want to agree with you on that. And before you say I am a kid or something like that, I am in my 40's. I was in most of the chat rooms back in the 90's and they were NOTHING like the shit that is going on now. I could ask things back then and I hardly got a rude answer to that question. But, hell, now it is a way different story. Bitches are rude at every single turn. Try asking a question now in these forums and watch all the rude bastards jump all over you for literally no reason.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned