Page 1 of 2
LastLast

9.1 Castle Nathria into "10man dungeon"?

As it always goes, the next patch will the previous raid become obsolete. There is no need to do them because mythic+5 man give better loots etc. It is much harder to organize ppl to enter Castle Nathria which loots are way too outdated.

But you know, I enjoy Artificer boss much more then all different bosses form 5man dungeons. Sire Denathrius is beast as boss. Much more fun. And I enjoy working together with other tank much more then solo-tanking. Or I enjoy much more competition and supporting with other healer.

So, I wonder. Does Castle Nathria really have to become obsolete. Never relevant again into the progression of Shadowlands?
    5man dungeons are always relevant, due their mythic+ and sometime their loots get buffed too to keep relevant.
    But other raids. Nope.

I would love to see Castle Nathria stay relevant, but as 10 man. With three difficulties. Normal/Heroic/Mythic. Fit into new roster. All difficulties split into wings.
    So, I can still enjoy raiding with my characters, as healer and as tank. With loots or anything else that is not totally outdated.

Just random thoughts.
    CN 10 man Normal = same ilvl as mythic 5+
    CN 10 man Heroic = same ilvl as mythic 10+
    CN 10 man Mythic = same illv as mythic 15+

5+ Year Old Account
    I do like the idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't surprise me in fact I'm surprised they haven't done something like this already. Blizzard is all about reusing existing assets to wring as much content out of them as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me in fact I'm surprised they haven't done something like this already. Blizzard is all about reusing existing assets to wring as much content out of them as possible.
    I hope you are right. But they havent done that BFA, Legion and etc. And even removed weekly raid quest all together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenjie View Post
    I hope you are right. But they havent done that BFA, Legion and etc. And even removed weekly raid quest all together.
    I mean they turned karazhan into a dungeon. Probably makes more sense to just turn nathria into another 5 man.

This is a good idea, but let's be honest... they won't do it. Plus, most people by now are probably sick of it. Karazhan became a dungeon what... 10 years later? AND they changed the bosses.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    No. Blizzard are moving away from the idea of too many mandatory grinds and you want to add another one? Plus they would have to rebalance everything if they went with your 10 man idea. It isn’t happening.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean they turned karazhan into a dungeon. Probably makes more sense to just turn nathria into another 5 man.
    They only did that because a) it fit the theme of the expansion and b) it happened 5 expansions after the original. What OP is suggesting is completely different

Turning previous tier into a dungeon (that is on par with the rest of the dungeons ofc and tuned accordingly) is actually not a bad idea.
    Keeps the content relevant and adds "new" content for people who only do M+ who are basically stuck with the launch dungeons + 1 new megadungeon for 2 years.
    Last edited by kranur; 2021-05-02 at 01:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    No. Blizzard are moving away from the idea of too many mandatory grinds and you want to add another one? Plus they would have to rebalance everything if they went with your 10 man idea. It isn’t happening.

- - - Updated - - -

They only did that because a) it fit the theme of the expansion and b) it happened 5 expansions after the original. What OP is suggesting is completely different
    Their are no mandatory grinds and moving away from what you consider mandatory is basically why people have left shadowlands in droves. To the topic at hand,, they reuse existing assets all the time. Classic is one big recycling scheme. I see no reason why they can't simple convert existing locations and repurpose them as 5 man content.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's come up before, you'll see it again timewalking if enough prefer it over the other raids in 9.x
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

I'd love to see this happen with all deprecated content. New patch drops? Old raid split into 3 dungeons, scaled for 5 man. Normal = LFR skins, Heroic = Normal skins, Mythic0 = Heroic skins, then do as you said OP - Mythic +5/+10/+15 used as baseline difficulty for the wings and KEEP the Mythic+ modifiers for fun.

It's not that it isn't a decent idea that they could probably make into something. But I ask myself this.. would Blizzard have to do something.. like.. anything.. even if it as simple as sliding a few sliders down? Whelp.. the answer is yes.. so.. probably not going to happen. At least until in some expansion down the road where they are like.. we could make a new 5 man.. which is doing more.. OR we can just move those "sliders" down. Right.. the lesser of doing something.. move the "sliders" and we have a "vampire zone" again.. why not?

..and yeah.. I know it isn't just moving sliders...

I can see that working as part of the M+ and general dungeon rotation.

It's already split by wing because of LFR. Maybe shove Sire in with the Generals part.

Means we get more dungeons as the expansion goes on, and the art and shit is already done for it.

10 man dungeon? You mean a 10 man raid that you can already do? So you just want the gear to be updated so you can just keep doing that raid? What?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Proton View Post
    10 man dungeon? You mean a 10 man raid that you can already do? So you just want the gear to be updated so you can just keep doing that raid? What?
    That is exactly it. It doesn't have to be gear updated. But to keep the content of Castle Nathria relevant. Not become obsolete and never visit again because it is pointless. 5 man dungeons are always updated with loots to keep them relevant.

Why not for CN? How to keep relevant? Just random thoughts = Anima power/valorpoints/soulash/updated ilvl loots.

Why make us stuck with one raid forever at each patch even there is other raids around. So you get to play little a bit more around raids feature.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dwimmerlaik View Post
    I'd love to see this happen with all deprecated content. New patch drops? Old raid split into 3 dungeons, scaled for 5 man. Normal = LFR skins, Heroic = Normal skins, Mythic0 = Heroic skins, then do as you said OP - Mythic +5/+10/+15 used as baseline difficulty for the wings and KEEP the Mythic+ modifiers for fun.
    I want to keep it 10man. Raid is very different feeling and more fun. Because it is only content that you have to work together with other healer. And as tank, you work with other tank. And it doesn't require a lot work since it is scaled to 10 man anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    It's not that it isn't a decent idea that they could probably make into something. But I ask myself this.. would Blizzard have to do something.. like.. anything.. even if it as simple as sliding a few sliders down? Whelp.. the answer is yes.. so.. probably not going to happen. At least until in some expansion down the road where they are like.. we could make a new 5 man.. which is doing more.. OR we can just move those "sliders" down. Right.. the lesser of doing something.. move the "sliders" and we have a "vampire zone" again.. why not?

..and yeah.. I know it isn't just moving sliders...
    Exactly. I can only hope

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, no thanks on a raid being made into a dungeon a patch later. I personally don't like the drive to make everything stay relevant forever. I like novelty. I beat Nathria, I'm done with it now, I want to move on to new things.

Fine if they recycle it in some future expansion into a dungeonish version like they did with Karazhan, but I would definitely not enjoy jumping back into a raid I just finished right now. I'm not inherently against rehashes and recycles but there needs to be a decent amount of time between those things.

(that said, I don't know what a "10man dungeon" would entail. You can do Nathria now -- on two of the difficulty levels you mentioned even -- with ten people if you're so inclined so I guess.... already done?)

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

The original Kara is still there though. Outside of 5 / 9 bosses (Maiden, Moroes, Attuneman, Curator and Nightbane) the rest of the instance is not a repeat of the other. Even then, some of those bosses got different mechanics, like how Attuneman in Return to Kara is an inverse of his TBC encounter. If anything, this idea is more in line with what blizzard did with Zul'Aman in patch 4.1. Where they moved it down to a 5 man dungeon with just a few extra trash mobs (the Zandalari enemies) in it and gave the final boss a new name and model. Or with making UBRS a proper 5 man dungeon in Cata instead of a dungeon, raid hybrid due to the new LFG tool they brought in patch 3.3. Since the cata prepatch expanded the system to vanilla and TBC dungeons.

Off topic but I am still confused why blizzard didn't put up an instance portal behind the door splitting LBRS and UBRS when they themselves considered UBRS a "10 man raid". They already had a raid inside a dungeon via instance portal with Molten Core and BRD.
    Last edited by Volardelis; 2021-05-07 at 05:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, you can do it 10 man raid.

What's the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I mean, you can do it 10 man raid.

What's the difference?
    What the OP is suggesting is to turn old raids of the current expansion into 10 man dungeon / raid hybrids (like what UBRS was in vanilla - wrath) so it can be affected by the Mythic + system.

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    What the OP is suggesting is to turn old raids of the current expansion into 10 man dungeon / raid hybrids (like what UBRS was in vanilla - wrath) so it can be affected by the Mythic + system.
    If anything, M+ system needs simmering down, rather than trying to make it devour every other aspect of the game too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.