Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I didn't expect the Night Warrior stuff to be over with such a lame ending. They build it up for 1.5 expansions now and this is it? It ends in a questline which not even every player has to play through? Talk about wasted potential yet again. This feels like a very rushed and pointless ending to the Night Warrior storyline. Maybe there was planned more but they just scrapped it because it went nowhere?
    I did. You didn't think they'd ever give Tyrande or the Night Elves something worthwhile, did you? Lmao.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    We went from Argus to goddamn pirate on an oversized parrot, so I don;t think anybody really cares any more. :v
    That's..

A fair point, I guess.

(Although that is a from one expansion to the other thing, to be frank, not in the same expansion.)

7+ Year Old Account
    what did she achieve?
    A night elf achieving something useful?

What is this, 2002?

Formerly known as Arafal

Oh and you know what's ironic, it's not Tyrande how is present and aiding us in the Sylvanas fight, it's yet again Jaina and Thrall. How can you butcher a beloved Warcraft character so much in 1.5 expansions? I mean Tyrande's major story ends in a f* questline that's part of the Nightfae campaign - what a downgrade this is, it's ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I did. You didn't think they'd ever give Tyrande or the Night Elves something worthwhile, did you? Lmao.
    Well, I expected anything... nothing spectacular, but anything. This outcome has just comedic value.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    A fistbump moment for the Alliance obviously, didnt you hear the writers say so?

In a more serious note I guess it worked to give Nelf players a cosmetic option to show off the most significant event that happened to them.

But yes, in the end the Night Warrior ability seems to be pointless. I guess at best we could assume that the power is not completely gone, and that it will be used again later in some capacity, though I doubt it. Sylvanas is the ultimate evil that deserved to be defeated by the Night Warrior power, but it doesnt seem like Tyrande or any of hte other Night Warriors are in the raid.
    The Night Warrior is more of a story arc for Tyrande and Elune. Also she killed Nathanos, it hasn't been totally depressing as apparently people are putting.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Oh and you know what's ironic, it's not Tyrande how is present and aiding us in the Sylvanas fight, it's yet again Jaina and Thrall. How can you butcher a beloved Warcraft character so much in 1.5 expansions? I mean Tyrande's major story ends in a f* questline that's part of the Nightfae campaign - what a downgrade this is, it's ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I expected anything... nothing spectacular, but anything. This outcome has just comedic value.
    Let's be honest. You should be counting your blessings that they didn't kill Tyrande off or turn her into a raid boss for daring to be vengeful for having her people wiped out and sent to WoW hell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    A night elf achieving something useful?

What is this, 2002?
    I Used To Love Them.

Actually speaking of Tyrande I guess one could make the argument that the Night Warrior story is not done until we learn why Elune let the souls perish when they seemingly only served to strengthen the Jailer. Or at least until we saved them.

When Tyrande loses her powers she mentions Elune sstating that the Nelf souls would serve a purpose in the Shadowlands, so at a stretch I guess we will learn more from that.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

There go my carefully laid-out speculation theories that Tyrande was going to go on a journey with Alleria to better control her powers (both Tyrande and Alleria are blessed/cursed with terrible powers that risk overwhelming them from within after all).

Yet another missed opportunity for Void elf characters, as if the fact that they were criminally omitted from 8.3 in favour of Anduin's boyfriend wasn't evidence of enough of Blizzard's bias against them.

I don't like how Blizzard doesn't want to develop this new race which is also my favourite one.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-05-02 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    There go my carefully laid-out speculation theories that Tyrande was doing to go on a journey with Alleria to better control her powers (both Tyrande and Alleria are blessed/cursed with terrible powers that risk overwhelming them from within after all).

Yet another missed opportunity for Void elf characters, as if the fact that they were criminally omitted from 8.3 in favour of Anduin's boyfriend wasn't evidence of enough of Blizzard's bias against them.

I don't like how Blizzard doesn't want to develop this new race which is also my favourite one.
    Not every plot has to tie into a race you like. I don't complain every time any plotline with even the slightest association with the Light isn't shafted into being a Draenei plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Not every plot has to tie into a race you like. I don't complain every time any plotline with even the slightest association with the Light isn't shafted into being a Draenei plot.
    That's your choice, if I were a Draenei fan and a storyline with obvious ties to the Light didn't involve the Draenei in any way I'd complain.

That's your choice, if I were a Draenei fan and a storyline with obvious ties to the Light didn't involve the Draenei in any way I'd complain.
    Well, that's because not everything has to do with a particular race. Human Paladins, obviously, have their own connection to the Light and deserve an opportunity to shine - literally - and so does just about any other Light-related class or race. They have different takes on the same ideas and different ways of exploring them.

In that regard, we don't even know much about the connection between the Night Warrior and the Void - we know it seems to be there, but we don't know how. There's a lot to explore before doing so. If the writers were really that subtle these days, I'd probably want to introduce that through speculation, like that bit where Velen originally speculated about Elune being a Naaru without actually giving any clarification.

I'd say that I can see why there should be a connection, but this is Tyrande's story for the moment. Maybe in 10.0, which will probably be the Void expansion unless they go the World Revamp route (which I'd speculate would have Draenei villains. Yay!) there can be a conversation between Tyrande and Alleria about it, but for now the characters have no actual connection save a loose connection to the Void that was just introduced and being bow-wielding people who have taken on a great but terrible power.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not a single Allied Race had any meaningful development post joining. They are all support characters at this point, and kinda forgotten in SL when the old cast got the spotlight once again.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Not a single Allied Race had any meaningful development post joining. They are all support characters at this point, and kinda forgotten in SL when the old cast got the spotlight once again.
    The Ren'dorei certainly had development in BfA. Not like any of the living races have much representation in the Shadowlands.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The Ren'dorei certainly had development in BfA. Not like any of the living races have much representation in the Shadowlands.
    I only remember their assist in War Campaign, but here is the problem: any other race could do that and you wouldn't notice. All in all AR's seem to have little to offer in terms of story progression so far.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-05-02 at 06:27 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Actually speaking of Tyrande I guess one could make the argument that the Night Warrior story is not done until we learn why Elune let the souls perish when they seemingly only served to strengthen the Jailer. Or at least until we saved them.

When Tyrande loses her powers she mentions Elune sstating that the Nelf souls would serve a purpose in the Shadowlands, so at a stretch I guess we will learn more from that.
    That purpose better be big, cause a lot of them didn't deserve...well what they got.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I, for one, would prefer more oversized pirate parrots as bosses in 10.0 compared to cataclysmically cosmic threats.

I only remember their assist in War Campaign, but here is the problem: any other race could do that and you wouldn't notice. All in all AR's seem to have little to offer in terms of story progression so far.
    I'd like to see a Lightforged open a Void portal or use the Void to resurrect a Devilsaur. Besides, outside of the war campaigns, where would they logically show up? Having the Dark Iron, LF Draenei or Void Elves just randomly pop up on Kul Tiras would have been rather odd.

And then of course there's the Kul Tirans, Mechagnomes, Zandalari and Vulpera. Do you really want to tell us they didn't have any significant development in the expansion that introduced them?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    I, for one, would prefer more oversized pirate parrots as bosses in 10.0 compared to cataclysmically cosmic threats.
    At least these parrots drop mounts :v

I'd like to see a Lightforged open a Void portal or use the Void to resurrect a Devilsaur. Besides, outside of the war campaigns, where would they logically show up? Having the Dark Iron, LF Draenei or Void Elves just randomly pop up on Kul Tiras would have been rather odd.

And then of course there's the Kul Tirans, Mechagnomes, Zandalari and Vulpera. Do you really want to tell us they didn't have any significant development in the expansion that introduced them?
    To be fair, others can opens portals or resurrect a Devilsaur. It's just that they used the Void to do it.

I actually like the Void Elves and think they have plenty of potential, but a good point is raised - they've not really done anything that another race couldn't do. The Void is one of the most unique cosmic forces, and it's a shame they're forced to play the role of generic anti-heroes. I'd love to see them actually use the powers of the Void for something unique and fitting to the Void as a force, like psychological warfare.

They got there, if with a touch of war crimes, tossing Goblins into the Void. Psychological warfare is what Shadow Priests have done for some time, but the Void Elves would still be fairly unique as an entire race focused around the matter and able to apply it to other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    To be fair, others can opens portals or resurrect a Devilsaur. It's just that they used the Void to do it.

I actually like the Void Elves and think they have plenty of potential, but a good point is raised - they've not really done anything that another race couldn't do. The Void is one of the most unique cosmic forces, and it's a shame they're forced to play the role of generic anti-heroes. I'd love to see them actually use the powers of the Void for something unique and fitting to the Void as a force, like psychological warfare.

They got there, if with a touch of war crimes, tossing Goblins into the Void. Psychological warfare is what Shadow Priests have done for some time, but the Void Elves would still be fairly unique as an entire race focused around the matter and able to apply it to other classes.
    Magister Umbric and his Void Arcanists raised sacred Zandalari dinosaurs as zombies precisely to terrify the Zandalari. As seeing their ancient, blessed dinosaurs twisted by the Void would shatter their will to fight. This was psychological warfare conducted by the Ren'dorei. All done for the sake of peace, naturally.

7+ Year Old Account

No, LF's wouldn't open void portal, they would power up a LF mech. Nelves would grow up an ancient, humans would summon water ele. It's all same result. In contrast, no one but elves would fit better in Nazjatar due to their personal connection to the place and Azshara, and that's the only reason Nightbornes out of all AR's are having any significant role in BfA past joining. By the time Kul Tirans, Zanadalari and others join us, their xpac stories are concluded and they all fade slowly into the background.