Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I wonder how this affects Tauren religion and cosmology, since An'she is said to be Elune's brother.

Oh, who am I kidding; no one on the current WoW creative team remembers An'she or the Sunwalkers, and even if they did they wouldn't do An'she justice.
    I don't even think blizzard team even cares about taurens anymore, for then only Mayla and Baine "no balls" bloodhoof matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Cool, anyone that doesn't agree with your theories is dumb. How does this help any discussions?
    And then when it be Eonar, be like I know it was Eonar, blizz can't write for shit

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Dont know shit about FF but I highly doubt that.
    FF have some beings that are universal.

WoW ain't touching them.

Lightning solos them lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Going back to the Old Gods, how many people found them more intimidating or interesting after Chronicle than before?
    I found them absolutely not intimidating.

they felt like a joke and are a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Also worth noting, when you aid Eonar during the Legion raid (the name escapes me at the moment), I believe the name of the planet you visit is "Elunaria". Pretty similar to Elune, right?

I think Eonar was SUPPOSED to be "Elune", as well as "the Earth-mother", symbolizing that both the Tauren and Night Elves understood aspects of Eonar, but not the full scope.

However, Legion wound up sort of blowing its "Titan" load a bit early, and as a result, the Pantheon felt like a bunch of losers instead of the literal creators of the universe.

So, the retconned the Titans to be one "Pantheon" of many, and I think in doing so, decided that they would do something different with Elune. Especially since Elune-fans are hell-bent on the idea of "Elune is some super-special being who ought to be way more powerful than anything else!".

More than likely, Blizzard is still trying to figure out what to do with "Elune". It sounds like she's going to be part of the "Pantheon of Life", as the Titans are seemingly "the Pantheon of Order" and the Covenant leaders are "the Pantheon of Undeath".
    Eonar was never supposed to be Elune.

Even in the old RPG books Elune was a separate entity ( SHADOW AND LIGHT RPG BOOK ) that was level 85ish while eonar was 35.

https://ibb.co/RCfy8x9

Elune was always , in blizzard's mind, the powerhouse far above titans and old gods, even Sargeras.

Moreover, since the 9.1 event creates a NEW Tear of Elune, the one we got in Legion was not a fabrication of Eonar. So Eonar is ruled out, and is probably simply a priestess of Elune. ( or a Third Sister )
    Last edited by Engal; 2021-05-02 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    The reason why it's irritating is because these characters not only lack flavor or nuance enough to carry the top of the power structure, but also because it seems to be completely pointless. They're just the Titans, but not the Titans. It's Danuser adding some new nonsense for the sake of adding things which are identical to previous things save that they're bigger.
    It's a case of "I can do it better."

Except he can't. The end.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    It doesn't. And now this just massively nerfs Elune to just another titan like random, rather than being an actual goddess she was implied to be all this time.
    Well, you know, the Night Elves like Elune.

So Elune can't possibly be a competent deity of her own. The WoW team won't let that happen.

We're all watching the sisters thing from a blood related PoV.

If Elune is a First One that created Naaru, she could have created her own sister or adopted one.

Quote Originally Posted by Suddy View Post
    And then when it be Eonar, be like I know it was Eonar, blizz can't write for shit
    I don't understand what you're trying to say here.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Could Azeroth be Elune and she's the counterpart of Zovaal, e.g. the "unborn" / "unawakened" leader of the Life Pantheon? Or are Azeroth and Elune some kind of duality (like twin planets / twin moons, whatever).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

What I find cute is how you thought the Titans were the ultimate power in all of WoW, when that was debatable at most.
    So you're going to insist on missing the point then.

Spelling it out. All this new "lore" is Danuser copying existing ideas and themes, putting another name on them, claiming they inspired the existing lore, and hoping people buy it. Fortunately for him, there's people like you who either don't realize that or defend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Let's look at the eras of Warcraft lore over the years:

• WC1 lore was throwaway lines made up by the voice actor who was brought in to narrate the game while he was in the recording booth. WC2 lore had a little more effort put in but that was it.
    • WC3 through Wrath lore (started with the novel "Of Blood and Honor" and the adventure game that was cancelled) was painstackingly crafted by Metzen.
    • Cata through MoP: Metzen is still in charge but religion begins to be downplayed (probably by a mandate from Blizzard) but is still overall consistent with the lore since WC3.
    • WoD: Metzen leaves. The new creative team takesover and immediately begins dismantling the Light, retconning it from being a "yes really god" in the setting to being "just another elemental force like Arcane or Fel". The new creative team also goes on a mass retcon spree (not that Metzen didn't retcon stuff but he never did it to this degree). At this point it is clear that the writers are making stuff up as they go along and have no respect for the work laid down by prior writers, and don't respect the intelligence of the fans.
    This is a very good summary.

Can't wait for 2 or 3 expansions from now when the next "higher tier" precursor race is introduced. "Who are the precursors who were around before The First Ones?"
    Good to know someone else can see through the bullshit.

Not to derail too much but it's obvious that FFXIV has been living rent free in Blizzard's head. Going by population metrics, FFXIV will soon overtake WoW in subscriber numbers in a couple years or less (likely with the release of the Endwalker expansion). Over the past couple years, Blizzard consistently tries to line up WoW patch cycles with FFXIV patch cycles. Just look at how Blizzard waiting until FFXIV's 5.5 patch date was announced to announce WoW's 9.1 PTR at the same time is no coincidence, trying to keep WoW players from jumping ship by teasing them new WoW stuff to try out (even if it is unfinished). And the Shadowlands expansion was blatantly named such to try to be conflated with the Shadowbringers expansion and get similar search results when people look up ShB.
    Remember, the defenders actually believe WoW is still in its glory days with no challengers even close, and anyone pointing out reality is a "hater".
    Last edited by Feanoro; 2021-05-02 at 04:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Engal View Post
    Eonar was never supposed to be Elune.

Even in the old RPG books Elune was a separate entity ( SHADOW AND LIGHT RPG BOOK ) that was level 85ish while eonar was 35.

https://ibb.co/RCfy8x9

Elune was always , in blizzard's mind, the powerhouse far above titans and old gods, even Sargeras.

Moreover, since the 9.1 event creates a NEW Tear of Elune, the one we got in Legion was not a fabrication of Eonar. So Eonar is ruled out, and is probably simply a priestess of Elune. ( or a Third Sister )
    Elune had pretty badass design in RPG books

can't wait to see their upcoming shitty redesign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't make since, considering the name. Meaning, the First Ones came FIRST! Then Light and Shadow, then everything else.

Unless you want to make deities that came before absolute 0 (Which...are kinda already the First Ones lmao).

You completely missed the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post

Spelling it out. All this new "lore" is Danuser copying existing ideas and themes, putting another name on them, claiming they inspired the existing lore, and hoping people buy it. Fortunately for him, there's people like you who either don't realize that or defend it.

I see what you are saying and agree to an extent. Mostly the implementation of big lore reveals, their impact, and if it's believable. But does it really matter where the inspiration for "new" lore, that overrides "old" lore, since no matter what it becomes canon and we have to deal with it? Is it that significantly bad?

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post

*image snip*

I wouldn't expect her to look like a Night Elf... unless somehow Blizzard adds lore stating that Elune "guided" the evolution of Trolls into Night Elves to mirror her appearance, or some shit.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-05-02 at 04:29 PM.

Dont know shit about FF but I highly doubt that.
    What’s there to doubt? Being flashier and shit doesn’t make you more powerful a verse lmao. Hell, none of these fuckers in FFXIV have gone to space yet. Lightning, some deities, etc can be extremely powerful sure. But I also got WoW to like Outerversal and shit. So yeah

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post

ACTUALLY, the Titans and their RPG designs (tho they had a canon art thingy too) were made canon in 7.3. So, Elune could still look like that, if not similar.

What’s there to doubt? Being flashier and shit doesn’t make you more powerful a verse lmao. Hell, none of these fuckers in FFXIV have gone to space yet. Lightning, some deities, etc can be extremely powerful sure. But I also got WoW to like Outerversal and shit. So yeah
    And that somehow makes warcraft better...?

At first I thought you were arguing that Warcraft has stronger base on which it can build the story, but you instead went for "My dad can beat your dad!" bullshit. I am impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post

This is a very good summary.

Good to know someone else can see through the bullshit.

Remember, the defenders actually believe WoW is still in its glory days with no challengers even close, and anyone pointing out reality is a "hater".
    No idea where you got the assumption that the First Ones are a copy of the Titans.

- - - Updated - - -

“You’re defending it and are missing the point” . I got the point just fine. You’re just upset that your wanking of the Titans didn’t go to plan.

- - - Updated - - -

And that somehow makes warcraft better...?

At first I thought you were arguing that Warcraft has stronger base on which it can build the story, but you instead went for "My dad can beat your dad!" bullshit. I am impressed.
    In what instance, when I say it’s “stronger” do I mean it’s story? The fuck?

ACTUALLY, the Titans and their RPG designs (tho they had a canon art thingy too) were made canon in 7.3. So, Elune could still look like that, if not similar.
    Shame they did not do that for the Dragon Aspect. I liked the RPG look of Nozdormu.

Quote Originally Posted by Engal View Post
    Shame they did not do that for the Dragon Aspect. I liked the RPG look of Nozdormu.
    Yeah, then again, they've changed the look of the Aspects a lot. Hell, in the game Lord of the Clans, Deathwing looked more like a high, drunk Samurai Dragon than the firey beast we have now. So, maybe the designs aren't perfect for everyone? The Titans were surprisingly consistent, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    That's nice, but he still took a huge dump on his own lore CONSTANTLY by not even knowing half of it and then tweeting and getting in front of Blizzcon spewing nonsense that people claim was canon when it was flat out contradicted by what is literally in the game in current content. Metzen was just as much trash.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean the old gods aren't literal gods either. Names can often take a meaning based on ignorance of those who named them.
    Being a "god" could mean lots of things. The Old Gods are gods in that they're worshipped by tons of people, and to the mortals, their powers are literally divine. Doesn't help that Old Gods such as N'Zoth literally call themselves "A God", etc. Sargeras was a God too, but he himself is not an actual deity, unless Blizzard wants to confirm that the Cosmic Pantheons are confirmed Deities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Holy Moly. i'm glad they toned down on the "religion" thing you liked so much. Keep that crap out of my game.
    Religion is still some of the biggest things in WoW. It's just that, when looking at things in a literal, cosmic sense, it's not that simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Hell, the Uther shit in the 9.1 Campaign has Faol speaking in a VERY religious manner.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hell, the Uther shit in the 9.1 Campaign has Faol speaking in a VERY religious manner.
    Well yeah, because they are doing a religious ceremony.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard will come with the before ones, change how the universe works again and fuck up any theories we come up with
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Holy Moly. i'm glad they toned down on the "religion" thing you liked so much. Keep that crap out of my game.
    Lol. Topkek on the edge there. Are you going to own us with your tippy-top high IQ r/atheism brain?

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-05-02 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Well yeah, because they are doing a religious ceremony.
    I know. They're just saying "Keep religion out of my WoW" and I'm explaining why it's essential no matter what one thinks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Lol. Topkek on the edge there. Are you going to own us with your tippy-top high IQ r/atheism brain?
    And this is just being condescending.