Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    When I'm running somewhere and get dazed by some random fucking fly...

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Then there's the alternate colorations problem. Back in Burning Crusade, when you unlocked a mount like the flyiong squids or whatever, talbuks, and netherdrakes, you'd unlock a bunch of different colored ones for gold. But now you get exalted with the Zandalari and only unlock one variation of the terrorwing, even though there are quite a few already in the game as flightpath and npc mounts. It's just dumb, give us the recolors lol.
    You, sir, are living proof that no matter what opinion is commonly seen in any group, there will be someone else wanting the exact opposite thing. And I am saying this in a good way. I've lost track of people complaining about "just another lazy mount recolor" when they completely forget all the racial mounts/netherwings/fling squids/etc from vanilla through Wrath when allegedly the game was good because Blizzard cared then but not now.

As for your comment, I also have a problem with unused or even unmade models. How many races have they introduced over the years who don't even have a female model? Ogres, broken, BC arakkoa, wretched are a few that come to mind. There's actually a quest in Thousand Needles where you help a female blood elf researcher try to find a cure for the magic addiction, except her cure actually transforms her into a wretched momentarily. Complete with gender change because no female models exist. =-(
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    I feel you can blame that one on Blizzard since the game itself does not teach you how to play your class or what your rotation is and just from ability description alone it is not easy to figure out, some classes more than others.
    Nonsene, you simply can't dictate how people want to spend their time. Also alot of people play the game for fun, not to be eaten by their own ambition because they feel the need to compensate for something else. No amount of tutoring will make people approach the game in a way they don't want to.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Animations
    That they removed the race unique combat animations in favour of the same animations for all classes no matter the race still infuriates me. My Tauren shammy now moves like any other shammy and has lost a lot of her unique flair.
    They also did this in Legion, right before we got an expansion (BFA) that focused on race pride. Boggles my mind.
    They actually didn't remove those. There are just new class-wide animations for certain spells. You still do the old animations for some abilities, and I wanna say crits on auto-attacks?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    I hate when I get attached to a model or zone after I'm used to see it for a decade and then they remove it or change it
    Examples?

I thought they did a really good job preserving the character of the things they've updated. Like, spell animations have only gotten better over the years, why shouldn't models?

Another small annoyance I just caught myself frustrated at in-game: We can't sort mounts by flying/ground/aquatic by default.

Also, why the fuck did they drop the whole "We want all capital cities to be equal" thing like two patches after making every capital city equal? Every racial capital needs a trandmog vendor and portal room, dammit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    They actually didn't remove those. There are just new class-wide animations for certain spells. You still do the old animations for some abilities, and I wanna say crits on auto-attacks?

- - - Updated - - -

Examples?

I thought they did a really good job preserving the character of the things they've updated. Like, spell animations have only gotten better over the years, why shouldn't models?

Another small annoyance I just caught myself frustrated at in-game: We can't sort mounts by flying/ground/aquatic by default.

Also, why the fuck did they drop the whole "We want all capital cities to be equal" thing like two patches after making every capital city equal? Every racial capital needs a trandmog vendor and portal room, dammit.
    cataclysm old world, many old spells models (like arcane blast, frost bolt, starsurge, typhoon and so on), the tcg swift strider that I had, the amani tbc bear, issue is it seems it can be anything, so you'd probably not want to invest too much into wow

Tiny things that annoy me:

Unused/Unavailable Mounts/Appearances/Titles/etc. I get that there is some desire to preserve truly legendary feats such as Atiesh, Scarab Lord, etc, but there are loads of mundane things that have been removed over the years that make no real sense. The original unarmored epic mounts, the Naxxramas Meta Achievement Mounts, lots of the rep titles from TBC/LK, countless models removed in Cataclysm and beyond, and so on. Nothing to make me quit, but it's annoying to scroll through mount and appearance lists, find something you love, and then be unable to get it. Some of these have been gone so long that they're actually epic when you see them, like the unarmored mounts, but generally I don't think the majority of the playerbase would recognize something rare.

Speed of gameplay. I do enjoy the slower feeling of Classic gameplay, where everything isn't crazy all the time with procs, short-term CD management, resource tracking, etc. Though classic does feel a little slow on some classes (or dull, looking at you Warlock alt). I think I enjoyed the Wrath/Cata style the best with some procs but most classes still just used mana/energy/rage as their resource.

Being called hero/champion constantly. It mainly bothers me in voiceovers when NPCs will address you. It's especially annoying when the text says your name but the spoken word is replaced by hero/champion. I'd prefer no voiceacting and just having the text say my name, felt more immersive. Or they can do what some other games with voice over do and just avoid formally addressing you.

Intellect not giving larger mana pools. No idea why they changed this but it has annoyed me from the day they did it. Similar to health bars, a mana bar would show the relative power of a caster. With all the gear standardization lately, hp bar does generally reflect the power level of a character but still I liked it when mana did that for casters. Plus getting enough mana for another cast of your primary heal or something was always nice. Now healers are stuck with the same number of available casts (barring special encounters/trinkets), with the only meaningful change being the power of your spells.

Sheer number of collectibles. Somewhat contrary to the first point, the raw number of collectible items in the game is staggering. As someone who has played pretty religiously since vanilla with hundreds of days /played, I have a surprisingly small collection of mounts, toys, appearances, achievements, etc. Granted I don't hunt those down explicitly, but I feel like just playing the game, raiding, dungeoning, pvp'ing, farming gold, etc, should get me a solid 50% of these at least (ideally more). I get that a lot of this was added to the game for collectors, but so much of it is heavily rng-based or requires massive grinds that they're not really feasible. Looking at what I "missed" is so daunting that there's little motivation to try to do the stuff.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Might think of more later

• The fact that connected realms don't have a shared character select screen. Literally have to exit out to server select screen and go to the other server to log an alt sometimes.
    • Having to equip a ring/trinket in both slots for loot trading / achievement purpose (is it really that hard to change?)
    • There's a ring that has a teleport to Boralus. It's available for the warfront tokens. The problem is...when you equip it, you have to wait 30 seconds for it to become available for some reason. This has not been fixed for years now. Similar rings with teleports to other places don't have this issue (Dalaran rings)
    • That you can't heal pets until 3 minutes after logging in. I understand this is to prevent people just relogging to an alt to heal pets instead of a bandage, but at this point it's such a non issue and bandages are basically almost free due to their low cost that this should not be the case. Many times I forget to heal pets before switching to another character to do pet WQs and I have to waste a bandage or wait because of this.
    • It's like 6 months after SL release and Condemn (warrior venthyr ability) still bugs out in macros and sometimes triggers an error message that claims you have not learnt this ability yet.
    • That oribos FP is so far from the inn / sw teleport
    • Non-tanks pulling mobs in dungeons for various reasons. You don't learn how annoying that shit is until you tank yourself
    • Pets taunting in dungeons (especially prevalent in leveling dungeons)
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    What are they based on then? Now you have me curious. They've always taken heavy artistic license/had wildly different body types for sexes in WoW so I never noticed.

[IMG]https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/warehouse/v1.0/publiccontent/fba70b85-8193-4388-aeee-9fd3170b6dc0[/MG]
    Not him, but female panda can get a tail like the red panda. Which isn't that closely related to the normal panda we think about

How static characters are on mounts. A little animation would go a long way.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Nonsene, you simply can't dictate how people want to spend their time. Also alot of people play the game for fun, not to be eaten by their own ambition because they feel the need to compensate for something else. No amount of tutoring will make people approach the game in a way they don't want to.
    I don't disagree with you but I still think that expecting people to go to a third party website just to learn how to play is a bit stupid. It should be a way to learn how to play in the game. So many new players don't know that they need to go to sites like IcyVeins just to figure out rotations. I remember when I started playing myself in Vanilla, it wasn't easy for me to figure out anything and there was even less helpful websites back then.

I don't disagree with you but I still think that expecting people to go to a third party website just to learn how to play is a bit stupid. It should be a way to learn how to play in the game. So many new players don't know that they need to go to sites like IcyVeins just to figure out rotations. I remember when I started playing myself in Vanilla, it wasn't easy for me to figure out anything and there was even less helpful websites back then.
    I don't think there is a realistic way to teach some of the deeper mechanics ingame. Just look at some rubbish like the firemage combustion timings. You can teach people how the basic mechanics work, that is what you can see on the class/spec pages when you open your talent screens, but going into the nitty gritty on when to use what cast, to maximize your usage of a burst cooldown while accounting for projectile travel times, haste, legendary/talent/covenant choices, etc. is simply out of the scope of a normal tutorial. The game will tell you that you can use fire blast while casting another spell, that is about the depth of guidance you can realistically go into for a spec (especially when you have 36 of them), without going out of your way to analyze the current meta and make it official Blizzard gostpel (and potentially being wrong about it).
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Being called hero/champion constantly. It mainly bothers me in voiceovers when NPCs will address you. It's especially annoying when the text says your name but the spoken word is replaced by hero/champion. I'd prefer no voiceacting and just having the text say my name, felt more immersive. Or they can do what some other games with voice over do and just avoid formally addressing you.
    I actually really loved that brief time in Legion where Khadgar used your order hall title instead of "champion". I get that we have a different title for each expansion campaign now, but really I'd like to just be able to pick one and keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    There was a time during BfA when Blizzard was inconsistent how they spelled N'Zoth's name. Back and forth between N'zoth and N'Zoth. That is the most recent but there were other examples in past expansions of inconsistent spelling of certain names.
    That was intentional. Old Gods are sometimes a play on Warhammer's Chaos Gods and N'zoth is an obvious inspiration of T'zeentch, who's name is pronounced differently each time to signify him being the Lord of Change.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    How static characters are on mounts. A little animation would go a long way.
    The problem here is that your character would inevitably bob up and down out of sync with the mount's movement, because each one moves differently. Boar mount vs Wandering Ancient is an extreme example that comes to mind. Then crazy stuff like the mount specials....

sheer amount of toys/pets/mounts - used to be able to almost keep up with it no its crazy and pointless less you are "hard core" into collecting

things removed the game, seriously use CoT add back Nax 40 for farming, old school ZG, etc... with mounts

not having bad luck protection on mounts from xpacs older than 1-2 expacs ago..
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    not having bad luck protection on mounts from xpacs older than 1-2 expacs ago..
    I think id feel better about not having bad luck protection if none of the mounts had a less in 1 in 100 chance, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    addon

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/macro-toolkit Try this.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Horses /mountspecial clipping into the character, I don't know how "easy" it would to alter the rig/skeleton of the model of the horse mounts with the standard /mountspecial, but it could do with a bit of a clean up.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

5+ Year Old Account
    DS male trolls not having a non-hunched back option.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Right now... those effin twisters in mythic+.
    God i hate them so much when playing melee.