Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    yes, holy shit please erase everything that's happened since wrath of the lich king.

- - - Updated - - -

I take that back, parts of Cata were fine, everything afterwards is where it falls apart.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    So? You're still not making sense. That established lore only exists because they created it in the first place. Warcraft lore isn't one single person's creation that is now being "destroyed" by others.
    Ah yes, the double down instead of admit fault tactic.

You understand Danuser and crew did not write the many breadcrumbs, cliffhangers, loose ends, and build ups that Afrasaiabi and Metzen and their crews wrote?

It's apparent the original endings that previous writers had planned were not carried out in the slightest. It is also apparent that Danuser went for the necks of many loose ends and tied them up, so that he could make way for his own ideas.

N'zoth, Azshara, Kel'Thuzad, to name a few that have been so half assed and even insulted in the name of just closing/shelving a cliffhanger. N'zoth and Azshara both especially have had their plots taken from point A, to point B, and immediately back to point A again just to get them out of the way and put away for later.

As for KT, well, he's dying in 9.1 without even a whisper from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Ah yes, the double down instead of admit fault tactic.

You understand Danuser and crew did not write the many breadcrumbs, cliffhangers, loose ends, and build ups that Afrasaiabi and Metzen and their crews wrote?
    They're the same crew, so they actually did do so. You seem to be under the misunderstanding that the writing team was switched out wholesale at some point.

Not like Afrasiabi and Metzen were all that great writers, either. They literally just went with whatever they thought would be cool and openly admitted to it.

They're the same crew, so they actually did do so. You seem to be under the misunderstanding that the writing team was switched out wholesale at some point.

Not like Afrasiabi and Metzen were all that great writers, either. They literally just went with whatever they thought would be cool and openly admitted to it.
    Sounds to me you're playing dumb to continue needlessly contradicting people. No discussion to be had here lol

Sounds to me you're playing dumb to continue needlessly contradicting people. No discussion to be had here lol
    Says the one ignoring reality to push the tired "blizz bad" line.

Says the one ignoring reality to push the tired "blizz bad" line.
    I'm not saying Blizz bad. I'm saying the writer for BFA and SL is bad, and that writing something original and fulfilling it faithfully to his visions would fix the major issue of fans being entirely let down.

Everyone will agree that Azshara, Nazjatar, N'zoth, Nyalotha, Kel'thuzad and more have been wasted. Simply put, it's because Danuser, who's the lead director for the writing, does not know what to do with these characters because he simply does not have the same vision as the writers who put these characters there in the first place.

That is my point, and the fact it has gone over your head and you continue to harass me over something you refuse to admit you're wrong on is just sad.

3+ Year Old Account
    Maybe. Would have to be a WoW 2 though, because almost everything about the current game would be gone. Just... Steel Ball Run the hell out of it.
    But keep Bwonsamdi
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

I'm not saying Blizz bad. I'm saying the writer for BFA and SL is bad, and that writing something original and fulfilling it faithfully to his visions would fix the major issue of fans being entirely let down.

Everyone will agree that Azshara, Nazjatar, N'zoth, Nyalotha, Kel'thuzad and more have been wasted. Simply put, it's because Danuser, who's the lead director for the writing, does not know what to do with these characters because he simply does not have the same vision as the writers who put these characters there in the first place.

That is my point, and the fact it has gone over your head and you continue to harass me over something you refuse to admit you're wrong on is just sad.
    The "original writers" never even expected the whole thing to become as big as it did and self-admittedly just wrote by the seat of their pants. You're just making shit up here. The writing simply never was that good to begin with, and the writing team as a whole is still the same.

Even if he wanted to, Danuser could not write according to "the vision" of his predecessors because there isn't anything to write to. By the time they actually had gotten into a kind of directed storytelling, he was already involved.

But go ahead, continue wallowing in ignorance and calling those who aren't as blind as you wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd just rather a new story, new game. I have high hopes for Morhaime's project.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

The "original writers" never even expected the whole thing to become as big as it did and self-admittedly just wrote by the seat of their pants. You're just making shit up here. The writing simply never was that good to begin with, and the writing team as a whole is still the same.

Even if he wanted to, Danuser could not write according to "the vision" of his predecessors because there isn't anything to write to. By the time they actually had gotten into a kind of directed storytelling, he was already involved.

But go ahead, continue wallowing in ignorance and calling those who aren't as blind as you wrong.
    That's a lot of weird words for "I apologize, I was wrong"

hell no.

what warcraft would benefit from is a writer department "reset", meaning firing all the leadership positions and replacing with people who are the opposite of Daloser.

Well based on the data mining we will lose amd Death will reshape the universe so Azeroth will not be the one we remember when we return.

It wouldn't shock me if within the next 2-3 expansions we actually leave Azeroth. We have the Exodar ships to use, especially since the war is "over" with the Horde. We could "take the fight" to the Shadow/Void Lords. It would allow Blizzard to make entirely new lore, new locations without having to make them different realms like the Shadowlands or the Emerald Dream. It would allow for completely new races that could even lead to new playable races once again without having to destroy their lore anymore than they have....

That's a lot of weird words for "I apologize, I was wrong"
    Well, i accept your apology, even if your insight is rather late.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean if FFXIV was able to pull it off successfully, I don't see why WoW's current writers can't take a shot with how they gripe over the old lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Maybe. Would have to be a WoW 2 though, because almost everything about the current game would be gone. Just... Steel Ball Run the hell out of it.
    But keep Bwonsamdi
    I feel like Bwonsamdi being able to do what Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap does would be strangely appropriate.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

7+ Year Old Account
    As long as i have my jaina/Sylvanas/Alleria and Ysera always alive and well i am all good i don't need anything else >.>
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Xelca View Post
    Something along the lines like Crisis on Infinite Earths or Flashpoint to effectively reset lore but keep it fresh? Another rogue figure from the Bronze flight or maybe even Aman'Thul himself resets the multiverse to reset. Would it do anything or would anyone like refreshed stories?
    Nothing benefits from this ever.
    WoW story community has two sides: The ones who do not take everything way to seriously don't mind minor inconsistency and the other side who think their opinion is the only true one and everything is shit Blizz brings out. Guess what those people will say after the reset?

Quote Originally Posted by Xelca View Post
    Something along the lines like Crisis on Infinite Earths or Flashpoint to effectively reset lore but keep it fresh? Another rogue figure from the Bronze flight or maybe even Aman'Thul himself resets the multiverse to reset. Would it do anything or would anyone like refreshed stories?
    Only if the engine resets 2. so make a new engine. otherwise...nope.

And storywise/gameplay wise you are talking about WoW classic :S:S

So the refresh should mean that key players know the fate off everything. And warn arthas for frostmourne. Etc etc. But then all the story's down the line will no longer work.
    Because if we stop arthas. No blood elves, no scourge/forsaken etc

I think they need a new kind of "catalyst" and a 100-year jump. Something like "Anduin finally has no more Armor of Lore and the Alliance sends him to hell. The Horde has to face revenge and the Ashara just comes to win. And we start over 100 years in the future freeing ourselves from Azhara."

The entire Horde if you make a time jump of say 100 years you don't lose any important characters.
    You lose Tral but I already dance vastante.
    Having a Talanji old or living 200 years would be interesting.

On the alliance side, you would lose all the human characters ... which I think many would celebrate for that. (Although one or two could be saved by jumps in time)

Elves in general would be the same. But just the elves are those that somehow still have pj that work.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That is impossible. What has been written, written it is, no matter how much it gets changed around.