Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    mmo-champion being mmo-champion. everything that takes effort is made to screw casuals.
    No, that's not what he meant, and I think you know that.

It doesn't require rocket science to deduce how much more of an elitist attitude people are going to have towards keystones. A lot of people might not care, but people are definitely going to start acting EXTREMELY petty about this shit, and that's like...the most obvious thing in the world. You could do it before, but now it's literally IN your face, without an addon, and without a website check. Toxic af.

There are also plenty of valid circumstances that make it so people don't do specific keystones on high keys, thus making your rating lower. All this does is enable an attitude that we MUST do ALL keystones, regardless of whether we even NEED LOOT from the dungeon. I personally never do Plaguefall. Why? #1 because it's an ass dungeon, and #2 literally nothing that drops from there I need. Thus my Plaguefall rating is stuck in the 6's, and all my others are 10's, making my score go down. That doesn't mean I'm a bad player, that means I made a conscious decision to not do that dungeon.

Now, if I want to get into the assured toxic environment that is going to be keystones, I HAVE to do it.
    Last edited by Master Guns; 2021-05-02 at 08:26 PM.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Alt characters do not show any info about the player's main character, their points, nor the number of dungeons completed in time for different brackets (5-9, 10-14, 15+). These statistics are currently provided by the Raider.IO Addon, which will most likely remain useful in that regard.
    So just keep using RIO, gotcha!

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    No, that's not what he meant, and I think you know that.

It doesn't require rocket science to deduce how much more of an elitist attitude people are going to have towards keystones. A lot of people might not care, but people are definitely going to start acting EXTREMELY petty about this shit, and that's like...the most obvious thing in the world. You could do it before, but now it's literally IN your face, without an addon, and without a website check. Toxic af.

There are also plenty of valid circumstances that make it so people don't do specific keystones on high keys, thus making your rating lower. All this does is enable an attitude that we MUST do ALL keystones, regardless of whether we even NEED LOOT from the dungeon. I personally never do Plaguefall. Why? #1 because it's an ass dungeon, and #2 literally nothing that drops from there I need. Thus my Plaguefall rating is stuck in the 6's, and all my others are 10's, making my score go down. That doesn't mean I'm a bad player, that means I made a conscious decision to not do that dungeon.

Now, if I want to get into the assured toxic environment that is going to be keystones, I HAVE to do it.
    This is literally in the game since Legion. It doesnt matter if you have the addon or not. All of your characters have a r.io score and you will be jugded by that.
    Nothing changes besides that you dont need to update r.io every day.

Sweet even more reason not to bother with mythics.

I really wish WoW didn't have all these hoops to do stuff. Do other games do this? Maybe MOBAs? Those seem pretty toxic and heavily team based. Do other MMOs? I'm pretty curious, because if so I never hear about it. It's not like WoW really needs this stuff. WoW is not the hardest game on the planet. It just has such a low barrier of entry. What the game actually needs are things that actually teach people how to play the damn thing and some general consistency in design. The best we ever got in that direction was proving grounds, which was never enough, and such an afterthought. People will probably say people whined about that being required.... And then blame the people, not Blizzard, for that failure.

I just wish if you wanted to do content, you just could. Which I guess if you join a guild you basically can... Which would be fine, if that's the message the game gave you aside from the end of the game, instead of just letting you solo everything.
    Last edited by Otimus; 2021-05-02 at 08:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MechanoDruid View Post
    Not everyone is using RIO. When it comes to really high keys, then yes, pretty much everyone uses it. But for very low 2-10 keys not many people I've played with were using it. Even at low 10s many players aren't using it.

But after this addition, players, who before didn't care about RIO and just picked people based on item level, will now pick players based on score. Which will be 0 at start for everyone, so everyone will have same start, but a month later it will be a completely different situation. Who would invite a player with 0 score a month after patch when other players have higher score and everyone can see score? Not many.

Another change to make life of casual players harder. Ion is indeed a proper Elitist Jerk (for those who don't know, that's the name of guild he was in).

- - - Updated - - -

Nope. Bad troll.
    bad take. i've literally seen groups requiring ksm for keys in the 5-10 bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    It would be nice if Blizzard would stop catering to the 1% and start putting their resources into systems designed to help the 99% of players who aren't elite.

I get that this company is American and America is all about building systems to perpetuate the existence of an undeserved elite, but c'mon already.
    If you look at this site then you will know that this change won't effect the "casuals". They don't run m+ anyway. They want equal gear progression from WQ.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    As sad as it sounds, this will very likely be the case. Yet more catering to the hardcore and more perpetuating of the competitive e-sport mindset. Good to know that Blizzard doesn't want my sub anymore, won't have to waste the money.
    It's kind of a weird statement to make considering this system has been around for 4 years or more.

- - - Updated - - -

This is what I've always found sad about the game these days. People aren't people anymore, but numbers. And if you don't have the numbers, you have no place in the world.
    How would you even know? You don't play the game. All you've done since SL launch is spam post here about not being able to find groups and how blizzard doesn't cater to you when you don't even have a subscription.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    This is literally in the game since Legion. It doesnt matter if you have the addon or not. All of your characters have a r.io score and you will be jugded by that.
    Nothing changes besides that you dont need to update r.io every day.
    And you're assuming that everyone is a swine who cares and caters to Raider IO. That's simply not the case, BY FAR.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Everyone so fixed on in-game rIO, nobody noticed how atrocious the new affix is?

I have no experience with this game prior to rIO so all I can say is that this won't affect my gameplay.

But... This new affix seems very rng heavy. Can anyone confirm how this plays out? Are you going to be screwed if you get the subpar Power? Can you influence what you get? I don't get it... They'll never be able to balance so many Powers

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    It would be nice if Blizzard would stop catering to the 1% and start putting their resources into systems designed to help the 99% of players who aren't elite.

I get that this company is American and America is all about building systems to perpetuate the existence of an undeserved elite, but c'mon already.
    Boy you just hyperbole'd the shit out of that one.

WoW's new "MO"? Divide the playerbase even more, until there isn't one left.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    WoW's new "MO"? Divide the playerbase even more, until there isn't one left.
    Sounds about right.

I like it. I just wish they added a penalty system. -100 points if you leave a key or something. Happens too often that people rage over just a single death or wipe.

Before developers have destroyed realms and communities with all that cross-realms match making, when WoW was a social MMORPG (no, discord chat full of memes doesn't count as "social"), what you are saying would be the norm. Players would give a chance to other players, add them to friends list, joined same guilds and so on.

But today it is all about score. Players are just numbers. This change further cements direction of WoW. It further separates hardcore and casual players, making it even harder for casual players to do content.
    my experience after 16 years of uninterrupted wow sub: true. every single word.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boddhi View Post
    I really hope they use this score for group finding one day. Imagine you could just queue up your key and you get players added to your group with comparable experience / skill. So the higher your rating, the better your groupmates, the higher keys you can run, the better loot the get and the higher your rating will be. With that, one skip all the M+ group finding bullshit and still have a gear progression.
    ooooooor this happens: ppl totally fuck up this whole system and your whole utopia by just buying 1-2 tokens for reallife money and trade it into gold. with this gold they go to the next best booster and boost their score. then they join your +8 dungeon and fuck up your group by not having the slightest clue whats going on, instead the other guy/alt knowing what he does, with lower score.

and exactly thats the plan of ATVI Blizz. by evolving a game design that heavily supports their smart cash grab system (token). because every token ever passes the AH is a profit of 7-9 bugs for free for Blizz, by doing nothing (most ppl not even realizing this fact or why).

tin foil hat you say? you can simple check the proof by yourself: go ingame and look how often you see „WTS“ in pug tool and compare it to the past. when you develop such systems (i did this too, as a software developer), you design the game, the „meta“ aspects like reward systems etc. to feed your smart cash grab system. i.e. your m+ ranks/achievements or conquest ranks (i.e. Combatant) you must have, to be able to higher upgrade your gear, SOLELY exists for the reason that ppl let them carry by booster grps. and this means you need gold. and this means you buy a token. and this means Blizz is getting a lot of money for free, by doing nothing and watching the money flow of an automatic system. thats how smart cash grab systems works. but most ppl do not understand anything of what i am saying here, or how multibillion dollar companies work.

long story short: your beloved game sucks more and more while Blizzard is milking the most out of it.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-05-02 at 09:50 PM.

Not everyone is using RIO. When it comes to really high keys, then yes, pretty much everyone uses it. But for very low 2-10 keys not many people I've played with were using it. Even at low 10s many players aren't using it.

But after this addition, players, who before didn't care about RIO and just picked people based on item level, will now pick players based on score. Which will be 0 at start for everyone, so everyone will have same start, but a month later it will be a completely different situation. Who would invite a player with 0 score a month after patch when other players have higher score and everyone can see score? Not many.

Another change to make life of casual players harder. Ion is indeed a proper Elitist Jerk (for those who don't know, that's the name of guild he was in).

- - - Updated - - -

Nope. Bad troll.
    So you are saying the majority of players are elitists on different skill levels cause most of the players will only look at the rating?^^

10+ Year Old Account
    I am glad they are putting in a rating by default, but like others have said there are good and bad things about it. One good thing, is they could implement matchmaking based on your score and allow M+ to be queued for which would be a big win. Also, it would counter the issue where if you come into the expansion late, or take a break, you are basically fucked if you want to progress.

This is what I've always found sad about the game these days. People aren't people anymore, but numbers. And if you don't have the numbers, you have no place in the world.
    Your comment reminded me of this video https://youtu.be/lMTahXSEw4w?t=271

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    And you're assuming that everyone is a swine who cares and caters to Raider IO. That's simply not the case, BY FAR.
    As I said: You will be judged by your r.io score if you want or not. There is nothing you can do about it and every group worth joining will do that. You can probably get into some +9 keys without any score but nobody cares about that.

I haven't done keys since Legion.