Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Yeah...that's what I thought.
    You don't seem to be able to think at all. What do you expect, a magic tube you go into like from a sci-fi movie?
    Last edited by dwarven; 2021-05-02 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    You don't seem to be able to think at all.
    Try harder. But without all the caveats and wishful thinking.

Try harder. But without all the caveats and wishful thinking.
    I'm not obligated to when all you can respond with is a one line zinger.

Kids born today could live for 500 years. The life extension fields of science are moving at breakneck speed.
    Even based on that entirely hypothetical possibility. 500 years is still a long way from 10,000

Also, this conversation has moved beyond the scope of the intent of the discussion.

The simplest answer to the question of "What would I do if I was stuck in prison for 10,000 years?" is that i would likely be dead before the end of the first 80.

I'm not obligated to when all you can respond with is a one line zinger.
    You made some fantastic bullshit claim that "kids born today could live for 500 years" and post wishful thinking to support it. Kids today don't have what you claim.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    The simplest answer to the question of "What would I do if I was stuck in prison for 10,000 years?" is that i would likely be dead before the end of the first 80.
    Well, if one could live for 5 centuries... Yeah..same thing.

You made some fantastic bullshit claim that "kids born today could live for 500 years" and post wishful thinking to support it. Kids today don't have what you claim.
    Yes, and all you can respond with is stupid rhetoric I'd expect from a 15 year old. That seems to be your general posting style. All of the signs amongst the medical sciences point towards humans having dramatically increased lifespans in the near future. I don't know if people will live to be 200, 500, or 1000, but the increase is going to be dramatic, and it will happen quickly. It's already happening as we speak.
    Last edited by dwarven; 2021-05-02 at 12:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I'm not lying, I really do think life is better than death. Seems like the 99% of people who aren't suicidal agree with me.
    That's crap.

Life is better than death in most situations, but there are some cases where quality of life is so terrible I'd rather be dead. I'd rather be dead than quadriplegic. Sure, there are people in that condition who managed to live happy lives, I'm not one of them. I'd rather be dead than suffering a chronic and brutal terminal illness. I'd rather be dead than locked in a cell with no stimulus for 10,000 years.

I'm not suicidal, I just recognize there ARE situations where I'd rather be dead than alive.
    Putin khuliyo

Yes, and all you can respond with is stupid rhetoric I'd expect from a 15 year old. That seems to be your general posting style. All of the signs amongst the medical sciences point towards humans having dramatically increased lifespans in the near future. I don't know if people will live to be 200, 500, or 1000, but the increase is going to be dramatic, and it will happen quickly. It's already happening as we speak.
    I read something about how the average lifespan is increasing but the maximum isn't moving much.

Yes, and all you can respond with is stupid rhetoric I'd expect from a 15 year old.
    All you gave was fantasy...and insults.
    Accept the fact that you don't have anything.
    ...all signs point to...
    ...shit...heard that before when they predicted a cure for cancer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would mock my captors ...
    https://tenor.com/view/illidan-wow-legion-gif-5143353

And wait for the expansion that makes me a hero.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

I would grow a grudge on my brother, both for having me jailed, but also for being with the girl I'm in love with. Then when I got freed, I would look for ways to leave this shitty place and travel somewhere with my new buddies.

Is this guy really trying to say that the human lifespan is going to QUADRUPLE within a SINGLE generation?

Anyhow... what would I do in prison for 10,000 years? I mean, what choice would I really have? I'd either go insane, kill myself, or learn advanced meditation techniques. It's really hard to say from my current vantage point of going a little nutty if my flight gets delayed six hours. It'd be nice to say "immortality is awesome and anything is worth living forever!" but some things are worse than dying. I guess a lot depends on what my immortal mind is like. Maybe it would find it much easier to cope or be able to indefinitely entertain itself. If it's my regular human mind that somehow has an extended lifespan? 10,000 is probably beyond what any of our minds could ever tolerate without absolutely shattering. So really, what this question is asking is "would you rather kill yourself or be utterly insane?"

That's better than them dying plus me dying as well. It would motivate me to eventually become a medical researcher and find a way to cure senescence for everybody.

Less death and more life is preferable. Ideally no one dies in the future and humanity starts populating more planets with billions of people.
    Seeing how you've sided with Trump of all people already in the limited time you've had, it's extremely scary prospect of how you'd utilize even couple hundred more years, let alone thousands of times more. Maybe you would become "medical researcher" in the hundred following years, but it most certainly wouldn't be the helpful sort. There's no need for "cure for the subhumans", or other such concoctions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    How does one not go insane? What would you do to pass the time?
    Depends if I was immortal or not?

If not, most likely die before time.

If I was, I should've come to terms with my immortality and insanity is the least of my problems.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny thread, because i just watched Papillon (the remake) yeastherday. That guy spent 7 years of his life in the hole, he only survived because he never lost his objective of escaping. I don't think that there is much people hable to spent 7 years in the hole, so not 10k... Even there was someone imortal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    That's crap.

Life is better than death in most situations, but there are some cases where quality of life is so terrible I'd rather be dead. I'd rather be dead than quadriplegic. Sure, there are people in that condition who managed to live happy lives, I'm not one of them. I'd rather be dead than suffering a chronic and brutal terminal illness. I'd rather be dead than locked in a cell with no stimulus for 10,000 years.

I'm not suicidal, I just recognize there ARE situations where I'd rather be dead than alive.
    Yeah, but relaxation techniques, bro. Relaxation techniques!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    How does one not go insane? What would you do to pass the time?
    Assuming I would have life after the 10,000 years, I would take advantage of whatever programs were available. If you're talking about solitary confinement for 10,000 years, I'm not sure any person could mentally survive that kind of internment.

But given enough stimulation, humans can survive most any set of circumstances.

I love these kind of questions - give more details about the circumstances of the 10,000 confinement if you haven't already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I'd spend every single moment trying to kill myself. Human mind is not built to last 10k years.
    I mean, literally, how would you or anyone else know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I'd spend every single moment trying to kill myself. Human mind is not built to last 10k years.
    Well, I have the feeling that time flies by faster and faster each year, if I were to extrapolate that I wouldn't be so sure about it tbh. I could see this helping alot with perception of time after the first 200 years.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Read, learn a bunch of stuff. Ideally, I would never leave school IRL. I am one of those people that likes to learn about everything that interests me. I am interested in so many different subjects I am simply battling time and cost. Not interest.

If I was confined to someplace where all external concerns were denied or revoked- I don't have to actively feed and shelter myself and my loved ones. Then I would just read, take classes, listen to lectures, etc.

That's insane to prefer mortality/death over eternal life. There's nothing that says a person must go insane after X years of life. If anything living should get easier as you learn more and don't have to worry about biological damage.
    You are thinking on a much too small timeframe.
    After all we know, the timeframe where there is light in our universe is incredibly small.
    If you were truely immortal, you will spend 99,9% of your life floating alone in a dark and cold universe. Maybe you get stuck on a black hole for a few billion years but even they die and dissolve into radiation in the end.
    Just look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD4izuDMUQA
    I think that sounds truely horrible as an immortal, i'd rather die at some point.

I always said that the highlander immortality is probably the best, you can live a long time but you can end your life if you want.