Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    Soooo, Dominion might be going Oprah with these lawsuits

https://www.axios.com/dominion-lawsu...1fcb18198.html

You get a lawsuit, and you get a lawsuit, EVERYONE THAT SAID OUR NAME AS A ELECTION THIEF GETS A GODDAMN STEAM(Dont sue me Breccia, Im broke) LAWSUIT
    Was about to come here and post that. Man am I not gonna be sad if Dominion bankrupts most of Trumpworld, I just hope they use whatever damages they may be awarded for good causes once they pay all their attorney fees.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mypillow-...135410513.html

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell said Friday he's hired private investigators to find out why Fox News isn't letting him go on the network as a guest to talk about his baseless claims of election fraud.

Dominion Voting Systems sued Fox News and Lindell for defamation last month, seeking $1.6 billion and $1.3 billion, respectively. The conservative news network is also facing a $2.7 billion lawsuit by Smartmatic allegedly spreading election misinformation earlier this year.

Lindell, who has continued to push voter-fraud conspiracy theories about the 2020 election, appeared on Steve Bannon's "War Room: Pandemic" podcast to talk about the lawsuit and Fox News.

The CEO said he believes that Fox News and their reluctance to speak about the election fraud seem suspicious to him, adding that it is allegedly among several entities involved in a conspiracy against former President Donald Trump.

In a video of the interview, posted to social media, Bannon says to Lindell: "I don't remember seeing you on Fox recently...Why are the Murdochs afraid of Dominion? Why is Mike Lindell not on Fox and why do they seem to say, hey, when Dominion says something, we're just gonna shut up about it and talk about Biden's tax bill?"

Read more: Donald Trump is facing legal jeopardy on multiple fronts. Here are the lawyers in his corner.

"You know, I'm gonna have those answers soon, 'cause I've hired private investigators and I've spent a lot of money on them to investigate everything," Lindell responds.

"The bots and trolls, who's behind them? Why is Facebook involved, Wikipedia involved? And then the big question: why isn't Fox having people on? Why isn't Fox on there talking about Dominion and Smartmatic and the election fraud?" he added.

Watch the moment below:

This is not the first time Lindell has accused the network of conspiring against him.

Last month, the CEO complained to the "Eric Metaxas Radio Show" that he's unable to go on Fox News to talk about the "absolute proof" he claims to have found about election fraud, adding that he believes the conservative TV network is "in on it."

"I want to say one thing here - here's things that don't make sense," Lindell said. "Let's just talk about Fox. You're already sued! It's too late to close the gate. The cows are already out of the barn!"

Even though Lindell hasn't appeared as a guest on Fox News for months, his company is still the leading advertiser of the network's most-viewed show, "Tucker Carlson Tonight."

Insider has reached out to Fox News for comment.
    So Lindell is literally paying at least one, maybe more, private investigators to "investigate" why Fox News isn't having him on as a guest. I hope to God that private investigator is charging by the hour because he can go on vacation for two weeks, come back and tell Lindell that after hours of tireless work and investigation he found the answer. To then hand over the Dominion lawsuit Lindell and Fox News have received for pushing a known lie. Like guess what Mother Fucker, Fox News doesn't want to pile more evidence for Dominion to sue them even if you want to gladly dig your grave even deeper. So it seems pretty understandable why Fox News won't have you on since you won't stop spewing lies for your Cheetos dusted idol.

Oh and another thing, Fox News doesn't have to have you on their shows if they don't fucking want to. You are not owed or deserving of a spot on their t.v. shows if they don't want you there. I know Conservatives cry that they are being silenced because they can't go everywhere and anywhere they want to spew whatever hateful or lie they want but a private company does not have to give you a soapbox to spew said hates and lies if they don't want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    "MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell said Friday he's hired private investigators to find out why Fox News isn't letting him go on the network as a guest to talk about his baseless claims of election fraud."
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

By the way, I missed this earlier. Did anyone else see it?

Sidney Powell's defense in Dominion Voting Systems' $1.3 billion defamation lawsuit against her is being used against her in another court case over her unsubstantiated claims of fraud in the 2020 election.

Yep. All those times we've said things like "filing lawsuits to attack the election, then say you were only joking lol" might actually have consequences.

Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel said Powell's statement was another reason a federal court should approve sanctions against her, Forbes first reported on Wednesday, citing a legal filing.

Powell "made a series of stunning admissions" in the Dominion lawsuit about her election-fraud claims, "many of which also were made to this Court," the filing said.

Nessel had asked a federal court in January to sanction Powell and three other attorneys over a lawsuit in Michigan requesting that the state overturn its election result.

In her filing to the federal court this week, Nessel said Powell's defense in the Dominion lawsuit proved that the attorney's behavior "warrants sanctions because it unreasonably multiplied the proceedings in this case and abused the judicial process."
    For anyone wondering which case she'll lose, ¿por que no los dos? I mentioned before that defendants sometimes ask for separate trials, so each could attack the other and create reasonable doubt. @cubby might have commented on it. This, however, could do the opposite. Both Dominion and Michigan could convince a jury of the likelihood of Powell's offenses, separately, so Powell wouldn't be allowed to pick a side and hope for the best. However, whether that does or doesn't work, yes, anything put into official, under-oath record in a court case can be used in another if relevant -- which this seems to be.

Mr My pillow can dish it out....

but apparently on his new service....

https://www.theverge.com/2021/4/14/2...ive-censorship

In the more recent video, Lindell explained that the new network would still moderate against profanity and threats of violence — setting it apart from previous right-wing platforms like Parler and Gab, which prided themselves on their refusal to censor offensive speech.

“You don’t get to use the four swear words: the c-word, the n-word, the f-word, or God’s name in vain,” Lindell says in the video. Instituting that policy will present a significant challenge to conventional automated moderation programs, which are adept at identifying specific strings of text but have no system to distinguish between devout and profane invocations of God.

and of course the irony of the year.......

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mike-...b08e452a172f0b

“Another thing you can’t do in there is totally defame someone,” said Lindell
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    We should really just turn this into a MEGA-thread to cover all the defamation suits but w/e.

Fox argues that they didn't need to fact check statements from an attorney filing law suits in court. I hate to say it, I really hate to say it, but I actually agree with them on this position. It's why I think Dominion will lose this suit and also the exact reason I think Dominion will win their suit against Sydney and Rudi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I actually agree with them on this position.
    Even if you didn't, "We report that Powell said this" would probably be a loophole.

Of course, this is still bad news for Team Trump. Even FOX News is saying "We took them seriously" which castrates their "nobody should" defense.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Even if you didn't, "We report that Powell said this" would probably be a loophole.

Of course, this is still bad news for Team Trump. Even FOX News is saying "We took them seriously" which castrates their "nobody should" defense.
    Agree - Fox's defense literally scuttles any chance Sydney/Rudi have at defeating their own lawsuits.

10+ Year Old Account
    one rat saving itself by climbing on the other rats
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Bad news for Fox, Newsmax settled their defamation lawsuit with dominion.
    This is bad news for FOX News, but I wonder how it will affect the lawsuits against the original falsehood pushers. FOX News, Newsmax, and OANN can say "hey, this important person said it, we just covered them with relentless zeal because we wanted it to be true". They did not file court motions and did not say these things under oath. If, say, Powell tries "I'm sorry, it wasn't true" with Dominion, that's evidence in any legal case against them for whatever version of perjury that turns out to be.

Out of the frying pan, dot dot dot.

meh fox is great at secret sealed settlements they never have to admit to their viewers they settled on.

Though its mostly related to Sex Crimes they should have enough experience to settle for a few hundred million and quietly never mention it on the air.

I
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    meh fox is great at secret sealed settlements they never have to admit to their viewers they settled on.
    You can't use "this is sealed" when it's subpoena'd by another court case. Which I really hope happens.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Agreed. It could mean they didn't think they could win in court, or, it could mean they didn't want this case to see a courtroom. Both are great outcomes. I really didn't think these cases against the news agencies had any legs.

Agreed. It could mean they didn't think they could win in court, or, it could mean they didn't want this case to see a courtroom. Both are great outcomes. I really didn't think these cases against the news agencies had any legs.
    I really wish Dominion hadn't let them settle and forced them all to come to the court room and took them to task for it.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    When you stop reporting it as claims by others and start reporting as a statement of facts there’s at least SOME legs. Faux will likely settle like they did in the Seth Rich case. Quietly with the plaintiff getting money and a quiet apology... of course, dominion COULD press for a public retraction and apology, but that Seth Rich case was just settled last year after Fox spent a ton tying it up in litigation.
    I hope there is some kind of public apology - one of them already apologized for their coverage.

I hope there is some kind of public apology - one of them already apologized for their coverage.
    They can apologize by being sued into the ground.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sidney Powell done really fucked up now.

Sydney's defense against the multiple defamation lawsuits has been that no one should have taken her seriously, and that they were just opinions. Recently her attorneys argued that the suit by Dominion (and others) should be dropped because "no reasonable person would conclude that the statements were truly statements of fact” and that they are simply “her opinions and legal theories on a matter of utmost public concern."

However, because she's an idiot, in a speech a few weeks ago, she said in front of a full crowd,
    I don’t think they realized that some of us litigators were going to catch on and hold their feet to the fire and expose what really happened or that they could shut us up by, say, suing me for 4.3 billion dollars in three different states. Threatening me is like waving a red flag in a bull’s face. [Dominion’s suit against her should be dismissed because] “number one, they don't have jurisdiction over us and number two, we meant what we said and we have the evidence to back it up.”
    Fucking whoops. Dominion must be doing cartwheels at this point.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sidney Powell done really fucked up now.

Sydney's defense against the multiple defamation lawsuits has been that no one should have taken her seriously, and that they were just opinions. Recently her attorneys argued that the suit by Dominion (and others) should be dropped because "no reasonable person would conclude that the statements were truly statements of fact” and that they are simply “her opinions and legal theories on a matter of utmost public concern."

However, because she's an idiot, in a speech a few weeks ago, she said in front of a full crowd,

Fucking whoops. Dominion must be doing cartwheels at this point.
    Rule #1: never interrupt your enemy when they're making a mistake. LOL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    Rule #1: never interrupt your enemy when they're making a mistake. LOL.
    You know, they always say: "It's good to learn from your mistakes."

I've always amended that to say: "It's good to learn from your mistakes, but it's even better to learn from others' mistakes."

I'm now thinking I should add add another corollary: "It's good to learn from your mistakes and it's even better to learn from others' mistakes, but the best thing is to earn from others' mistakes."

Cheers, Dominion!

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    "we meant what we said and we have the evidence to back it up.”
    In which of the sixty-plus lawsuits was that evidence provided?

This is funny, but again, she lost any chance to say "Hah hah, I was just joking" when she filed lawsuits to overturn the election based on her claims about Dominion. Or, just as relevant, she could admit she filed sixty-plus meritless, baseless lawsuits and, well, those states could turn on her for such an admission and also she'd get disbarred.

There is also the added paradoxical hilarity that we've discussed before. FOX News is asking for the lawsuit against them to be dropped, because they were just reporting what Trump's personal lawyers were saying, because Trump's personal lawyers attacking the election counts as news. Powell, meanwhile, is saying nobody reasonable would believe her. Which is, of course, a contradiction. If FOX News took Powell seriously, Powell's defense is disintegrated. If FOX News didn't take Powell seriuosly but reported on it anyhow, FOX's defense is disintegrated. (If FOX News tries "nobody should take us seriously" as a network, every single network that isn't FOX wil run that in ads nonstop, probably popping champagne and laughing at the top of their lungs)

I really want the records of each case introduced in the other's. These cases cannot be allowed to exist in a vacuum. Either the claims about Dominion were to be taken seriously, or they weren't. This isn't Schroedinger's Election Hack.

Now Powell could save herself and FOX by presenting the evidence she claims she has. I'm not going to hold my breath -- I'd turn blue and have to roll Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    In which of the sixty-plus lawsuits was that evidence provided?

This is funny, but again, she lost any chance to say "Hah hah, I was just joking" when she filed lawsuits to overturn the election based on her claims about Dominion. Or, just as relevant, she could admit she filed sixty-plus meritless, baseless lawsuits and, well, those states could turn on her for such an admission and also she'd get disbarred.

There is also the added paradoxical hilarity that we've discussed before. FOX News is asking for the lawsuit against them to be dropped, because they were just reporting what Trump's personal lawyers were saying, because Trump's personal lawyers attacking the election counts as news. Powell, meanwhile, is saying nobody reasonable would believe her. Which is, of course, a contradiction. If FOX News took Powell seriously, Powell's defense is disintegrated. If FOX News didn't take Powell seriuosly but reported on it anyhow, FOX's defense is disintegrated. (If FOX News tries "nobody should take us seriously" as a network, every single network that isn't FOX wil run that in ads nonstop, probably popping champagne and laughing at the top of their lungs)

I really want the records of each case introduced in the other's. These cases cannot be allowed to exist in a vacuum. Either the claims about Dominion were to be taken seriously, or they weren't. This isn't Schroedinger's Election Hack.

Now Powell could save herself and FOX by presenting the evidence she claims she has. I'm not going to hold my breath -- I'd turn blue and have to roll Alliance.
    The issue with quantum fraud is the if its observed it doesn't exist but if not observed it is there.