Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Alt characters do not show any info about the player's main character, their points, nor the number of dungeons completed in time for different brackets (5-9, 10-14, 15+). These statistics are currently provided by the Raider.IO Addon, which will most likely remain useful in that regard.
    So we basically still have to use the addon lol, wtf!

Quote Originally Posted by Wekko View Post
    If you're going to integrate the score, why don't you also put a mythic+ queue in based on that score.

/micdrop
    Ahh yes, doing De other side or Theater without a soothe, or Sanguine without a venthyr, or getting a triple fury warrior group, that can only end well..

People that don't comprehend m+ shouldn't be allowed to discuss such topics, or anything other than transmog and pet battles really/

Quote Originally Posted by woofpup View Post
    Thanks, Blizz, for making it harder for new mythic runners to get into groups.
    Can we please focus on something here that killed off all sort of fairness in the mythic + scene instead of whining regarding having a slight ratibg system attached to your char which you somewhat have had since the introduction of itemlevel.

Random powers from killing the jailer servants...is this shit actually for real? RNG MDI. They might aswell just toss all players from each team and scramble them aswell..

Probably the worst seasonal affix Ive heard of...

like on ly 10% of the playerbase really care about this, lulw
    Last edited by kaintk; 2021-05-03 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    I quit and went to FF14 a couple months ago. I'd suggest others do the same.

It's not perfect, but it's better in more ways than not and the devs seem to actually care about the overall health of the game and community.

It's such a breath of fresh air.
    Thinking about that when I get a new computer. Currently playing P99 EverQuest Green server though and am having plenty of fun there. Chill community for the most part and the GMs actually do things.

To think, a bunch of volunteer dudes in a basement make their game feel more inviting than a bunch of overpaid corporate stooges make theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    That's not happening.

Blizzard is absolutely lost in the sauce on how to design this game for a wide audience, so they're just giving up and designing it for the .IO farmers and Mythic raid guilds. Not a big deal, it's been their game for a while now. Blizzard was simply acting like it wasn't while constantly making every facet of the game that wasn't these two modes worse and worse, while funneling you towards these two modes.

I know it's difficult, as you've spent a decade or two with this world and these characters, but it's time to move on. There are plenty of other games out there by competent developers who aren't operating on autopilot.
    Sadly it is probably true. And you are correct, it is difficult. Been a fan of Warcraft since I was 15 years old playing Orcs and Humans. I have hundreds of dollars in merchandise and 2/5ths of my bookshelf is nothing but Warcraft related books. "Difficult" is honestly a huge understatement.

I just need to keep reminding myself that the Blizzard I was originally a huge fan of no longer exists.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is sad.

They have turned retail into a quick score match making system.

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    It would be nice if Blizzard would stop catering to the 1% and start putting their resources into systems designed to help the 99% of players who aren't elite.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    Good to know that Blizzard doesn't want my sub anymore, won't have to waste the money.
    +1

same, just UNSUBBED

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    It is sad.

They have turned retail into a quick score match making system.
    How does this differ from ilvl? Rating in arena? Rating in RBGs? Achievement points?

Quote Originally Posted by Cytraz View Post
    How does this differ from ilvl? Rating in arena? Rating in RBGs? Achievement points?
    Yes tell me when achievement point costed you a spot in a group lol

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Pretty much this. I've refused to look at anyone's score but now it will be glaring right in my face so it impacts my decision regardless now.
    I'm sure there will be an addon you can download to hide it so you can invite people randomly just like you did before.

I'll just do what I normally do, start at Mythic0-2 and work my way slowly up when I start playing, Did it last expansion, will do it again this one. I'm not going to expect to be carried in high keys just because in MoP I was in top 50 guild clearing SoO. (Oh the days of having unlimited time to game.)

I honestly don't understand the issue with it, but I guess that comes from me being use to grinding and trying to always improve myself regardless if I only play 5 hours a week.

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    I honestly don't understand the issue with it, but I guess that comes from me being use to grinding and trying to always improve myself regardless if I only play 5 hours a week.
    I'm just tired of everything in this game having to be some Rocky montage "eye of the tiger, rise up to the challenge and overcome!" type thing.

There's just no place to simply relax, have fun, enjoy the world, get into some content without being scrutinized heavily, and come out with some rewards anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Domanic View Post
    Ahh yes, doing De other side or Theater without a soothe, or Sanguine without a venthyr, or getting a triple fury warrior group, that can only end well..

People that don't comprehend m+ shouldn't be allowed to discuss such topics, or anything other than transmog and pet battles really/
    I've done 15+ keys in these dungeons without issues.... is it easier with them, yes, is it require? hell no.
    Also, you can just NOT use LFG tools and keep finding and creating your own groups, LFG doesn't remove that possibility.

Even if I do push keys myself, I wouldn't mind a LFG tool based on score and what key you are trying for alts, because sometimes I just don't want to spend time sifting through groups or create my own, it's an administration thing that's boring af and not necessary when I play on an alt who are not geared enough to do high keys.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Wait... how many bonuses are there? Are we going to have to memorize priority powers to use each week? Are they semi random? Will one group have advantage over another because of the powers they get? Will a dungeon be impossible because you can't jump anymore? Not looking forward to keeping track of this.
    As long as they are only giving out powers that are a straight benefit it shouldn't be much of an issue.
    The list there is not a list of which powers you can get in m+
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2021-05-03 at 08:05 AM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Ninix View Post
    haha, no, people will reach for best score, not "comparable" score...
    While in general I think that is _mostly_ true, it's absolutely not true for all of the people. Our group only accept people with comparable scores (within reason), both higher and lower then ours. I remember back in BfA, we declined people with 4k+ scores all the time for our m15 runs. They're just not compatible with how we run the dungeon. Same with people lower.

All my toons soon got better ilvl than heroics can provide, so theres no reason to do dungeons anymore, its a bit sad. Id like a lfg for +0 at least.

Sums up the whole m+ community. Why Blizzard even bothers with this ingame feature for m+ is beyond me. Those who enjoy m+ and actually do them already have the addon installed.

The rest dont give a shit about dungeons anymore. So people ignore dungeons as a max level feature and stop playing sooner.

Cant believe Blizzard is doubling down on this useless feature. The select few who pushes high key already have IO addon, a addon it seems you already gotta have anyway.

My experience with Mythic+ so far:

Group: "Are you sure you even know the dungeon?!"
    Me: "Yeah, I've been in there many times."
    Group: "OMG your item level is so low, we never gonna make it!"
    Me: "I'm running this for the 20th time or so, believe me, it is more than enough."
    Group then proceeds to play like total morons, no structure, no spell kicking, no stuns, they run in every void zone, while I do more damage than all 3 DDs combined as the tank, and rival the healer in healing, because he keeps dying to every ability that happens.
    Group: "See, I told you we wouldn't make it with your low item level!"

It's interesting whenever MMO-C posts new changes threads.

I like seeing how quickly the pessimistic naysayers come in and bash Blizzard. The ones who don't want to criticise, they just want to hate anything and everything Blizzard does. This thread didn't even make it off the first page before it happened.

Must be a fun life.

I've timed 15SD on a bad week without venthyr (just don't fucking die), sure it can be shit if you do get a triple fury group, but it's luck of the draw. You get this in every other game, where you can end up with 2-4 complete idiots that just makes that game session dogshit, yet it works. Dota/LoL/csgo all have this.
    You win some, you lose some, and this is an addition, you can continue as before, finding people through premade groups.

Why are people against this being an OPTION? I for one, would continue as before picking the players I want from premadefinder.

Quote Originally Posted by MechanoDruid View Post
    Not everyone is using RIO. When it comes to really high keys, then yes, pretty much everyone uses it. But for very low 2-10 keys not many people I've played with were using it. Even at low 10s many players aren't using it.

But after this addition, players, who before didn't care about RIO and just picked people based on item level, will now pick players based on score. Which will be 0 at start for everyone, so everyone will have same start, but a month later it will be a completely different situation. Who would invite a player with 0 score a month after patch when other players have higher score and everyone can see score? Not many.

Another change to make life of casual players harder. Ion is indeed a proper Elitist Jerk (for those who don't know, that's the name of guild he was in).

- - - Updated - - -

Nope. Bad troll.
    Uuugh... leave already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Yeah, sounds as great as when gearscore became a thing in Wrath.

Just another toxic attribute to the already unbearable M+ community, but this time, it's standardized and forced. The only people that love this will instantly convey that toxic attitude, proving the whole point of why people are against it.

I mean, they can go ahead though. Nothing like more barriers to niche content that will prevent casual people from wanting to go further in the game, adding unnecessary pressure to something that didn't need anymore.
    You sound fun to be around. If the scoring system keeps people like you away its an A+ from me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    It would be nice if Blizzard would stop catering to the 1% and start putting their resources into systems designed to help the 99% of players who aren't elite.

I get that this company is American and America is all about building systems to perpetuate the existence of an undeserved elite, but c'mon already.
    This comment lol. I love the system. European btw.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    This is what I've always found sad about the game these days. People aren't people anymore, but numbers. And if you don't have the numbers, you have no place in the world.
    Anything that makes it easier to dodge shitters is a good thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    That's not happening.

Blizzard is absolutely lost in the sauce on how to design this game for a wide audience, so they're just giving up and designing it for the .IO farmers and Mythic raid guilds. Not a big deal, it's been their game for a while now. Blizzard was simply acting like it wasn't while constantly making every facet of the game that wasn't these two modes worse and worse, while funneling you towards these two modes.

I know it's difficult, as you've spent a decade or two with this world and these characters, but it's time to move on. There are plenty of other games out there by competent developers who aren't operating on autopilot.
    I take it you've moved on? So why you still herw complaining?

Quote Originally Posted by woofpup View Post
    Thanks, Blizz, for making it harder for new mythic runners to get into groups.
    You mean "get into experienced groups".

If all these new mythic+ runners just grouped up together then there would be no problem. But no, they don't want to group up with other new players. They want to group up with very experienced players so they can get carried quickly.