Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I have a different experience.
    Granted, it's been a few years but when i tried it i leveled as a healer and the dungeons were horrible experiences, no one waited when i needed mana, on several occasions i lost the group completely, they just ran off somewhere and killed the endboss without me. No one said anything and since it was usually my first time in those dungeons i had no idea what to do and where to go.
    I get it that they were probably max level players who just ran those low level dungeons for some daily or something and wanted to do them quickly since they ran them 1000 times already but it was annoying for me.
    Out of combat mana regeneration is extremely fast. You usually have full mana by the time your group gets to the next pull. Most experienced tanks will try to pull as much as possible. Most groups also won't say anything past a typical greeting. However, if you actually speak up and say something about you being new and inexperienced, most groups will accommodate for you. I've had almost nothing but great, friendly experiences from FFXIV dungeon groups.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    The same is told for the other two, try reading for a change.
    >makes a thread wondering about the "amazing mmo communities"

>instantly attacks a user who tells him about a good community

Maybe, just maybe, you are a piece of shit OP and thats why you havent found an "amazing community"?

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    FF 14's community is pretty good.
    Yah but then you have to play ff14 heh heh.

the world is fine, humans are terrible. more often than not the only thing more terrible than a live group of humans is a group of physically seperated humans meeting online. that's when all dynamics go to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    Yah but then you have to play ff14 heh heh.
    If I weren't so invested into WoW I'd have opted FF14 instead... the questing experience and side activities were so much more enjoyable.

You talk about toxic communities, yet you turn it into a toxic one by being an asshole with this reply. He simply stated that FF14 is a good community, regardless of what you wrote about, he is stating his opinion about FF14 as you cannot formulate one because you have not tried it. Based on your response to him, i can 100% bet that you are a part of the toxic community and the reason it seems so toxic to you is because you get what you deserve......stop being toxic and you wont be treated as toxic. (Any replies will fall on deaf ears as I don't really care what you have to say since most of your replies are toxic)

- - - Updated - - -

World of Warcraft has been known to have the most toxic community, simply because the player base is so large. You state in some of your comments that you havent seen the toxicity, you must have trade chat turned off and run everything with friends. Toxic doesn't imply people are just asshole, toxic is also boosting communities ruining the game by carrying newbs through content and getting them better gear than people that actually work for it, the game is essentially pay to win because you can purchase gold with money and then purchase boost runs. Toxic is getting into a raiding guild and then being kicked the next day because their buddy came back and decided to start raiding. There is so many more examples of toxicity than just what you see in chat.
    Insanity is repeating the same action and expecting different results. *Cough, Blizzard!, COUGH*

I was gonna write a wall of text explaining things but i chose against it.

Will be brief, currently playing ESO for the first time, all i have met in ESO is toxicity, and not even at higher level of the game because ESO doesnt even have that, we are talking daily LFG completely braindead irrelevant Normal dungeons toxicity while trying to do their Daily Dungeon Quests.

The game is a joke in terms of difficulty, we are talking even in Veteran Dungeons, 9/10 abilities do not do anything to be considered "dangerous" and the 1/10 is the hard mode last boss ability that either leaves you with 10% and even if you die the continuous reviving makes everything a joke, it makes LFR seem like Mythic raiding.

Quick examples: 99% of the people are silent, the moment anything delays them even for 1 minute, they leave the group, they demand to be kicked or they AFK if they know the dungeon is gonna take 13mins instead of 10mins cause its not one of the easier ones for their daily EXP bonus dungeon, we are talking about a game where you pull 20-50 mobs and AoE them down in 3 seconds in terms of difficulty daily dungeon, they are that pointlessly stupid and easy, and instead of playing, they rather sit and whine about who queued for this dungeon (Newsflash, its me trying to farm my items).

Two times the people that knew it was me that queues for the dungeon cause i am farming a particular set, they kicked me as punishment for making them waste their queue

There are many more i encounter daily the last 15 days that we are playing ESO, but there is no point in writing it all, i will just say that any form of communication has literally failed in the past 15 days, apart from 1 guy that i will admit was awesome and patient, since apparently the game fucked us over at the random veteran dungeon queue and it put us at one of the harder ones at our newly max level characters, we didnt have the DPS :< so kudos to that 1 guy out of the 400 different ones i met.

This isnt in the Mythic, or +15 content, that game has no such thing, this is literally the lowest possible form of content that game has and its like that.

GW2, despite playing since the start as single player MMO experience, is mostly the same the last couple of years.

Get on to get my freebie Hero Story and eventually do it when i have time all together cause its fun-->Proceed to read in general about WoW argument (For some reason they love to argue 24/7 about it)--> Proceed to see requests for help only to be met with silenc --> Alt +F4 cause i dont care to play, just getting the hero story.

Eventually play, try to check out the new areas they add for the story line -->Try to do the event -->Watch people ask to do it, myself included-->Be met with mockery or silence, or "Go back to WoW, that event is so last month" was a legit response i saw once.

The GW2 is spread over 3 years so i will say the "toxicity" is probably low, but my point stands.

So i sincerely ask you guys, where are these communities you are talking about and WoW is the only MMO with a problem? I already know if i try FFXIV i will meet something similar, but i dont really enjoy the FF games, and neither my friends so that probably wont happen.
    No. You DON'T know that you will experience something similar in FF14 simply because the community is actually really good. Unlike WoW and ESO, GMs for FF14 are always on top of banning trolls and super toxic people. As a result, the vast majority of people you come across are incredibly friendly and helpful. There are loads of people willing to help you learn a class, help run you through stuff for gear/mounts/pets, and just all around be decent people in conversation. WoW and ESO are a problem because the majority of the time GMs just don't care to punish super toxic people. Their communities pretty much live off of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Menolikeu View Post
    You talk about toxic communities, yet you turn it into a toxic one by being an asshole with this reply. He simply stated that FF14 is a good community, regardless of what you wrote about, he is stating his opinion about FF14 as you cannot formulate one because you have not tried it. Based on your response to him, i can 100% bet that you are a part of the toxic community and the reason it seems so toxic to you is because you get what you deserve......stop being toxic and you wont be treated as toxic. (Any replies will fall on deaf ears as I don't really care what you have to say since most of your replies are toxic)

- - - Updated - - -

World of Warcraft has been known to have the most toxic community, simply because the player base is so large. You state in some of your comments that you havent seen the toxicity, you must have trade chat turned off and run everything with friends. Toxic doesn't imply people are just asshole, toxic is also boosting communities ruining the game by carrying newbs through content and getting them better gear than people that actually work for it, the game is essentially pay to win because you can purchase gold with money and then purchase boost runs. Toxic is getting into a raiding guild and then being kicked the next day because their buddy came back and decided to start raiding. There is so many more examples of toxicity than just what you see in chat.
    Having a large community isn't the problem considering FF14 has 22 million players and it's not a super toxic community. As I said above, the community is toxic in WoW because they're allowed to be terrible to people all they want without repercussion. If you're a chronic leaver, constantly troll people in general chat, or be super nasty to someone because you didn't like their performance you will get banned in FF14. Meanwhile, WoW practically encourages all of those things.

I wasn't saying the large community was the problem, I was saying it more or less has more people so you will see it more often. You put a million people in an area youre going to have more crime than in an area with 200,000. Or more illness, or more whatever. The larger the community the more toxicity, welcoming, helpful, everything.
    Insanity is repeating the same action and expecting different results. *Cough, Blizzard!, COUGH*

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    If I weren't so invested into WoW I'd have opted FF14 instead... the questing experience and side activities were so much more enjoyable.
    FFXIV is a far more feature heavy game, where WoW is more focused on the dungeon and raid experience. Dungeons and raids are not the only a part of FF. But,the fact that FF is very story heavy and single player when going through the main story, it is like olive oil and water for most WoW players. They are used to quick access whereas FF wants you to experience an RPG and then offers a good MMO on top. Most impressions you will see online of people that dislike FF come from that angle. They have mostly, not really experienced all that FF offers as the "barrier" of entry was too much for them. They then resolve to bashing the game online, like they know what they are talking about. xD
    For full disclosure, i like and play both games. But, there is no doubt to me that FF is a more feature complete game.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Having a large community isn't the problem considering FF14 has 22 million players and it's not a super toxic community.
    Dunno what you're on, the game doesn't even have 5% of this number. 22 million is all accounts ever created, not active players.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

My late grandfather once told me that if all you meet is negative and rude people then perhaps the problem lies with you.

I've recently started playing on a low population Classic server and it's been a blast. I've met people who just handed me 10 gold or an item I could use for my level. I have no complaints whatsoever. ESO was also a very friendly game for me. I met several people who told me that I could always ask them about the game if I needed to. I haven't played GW2 so I can't comment on that.

There will always be a majority of problem people in mmos that are less cleaned up as people who are socially dysfunctional tend to be at home trolling online in some form, some games aren’t as popular or have declining populations so they can’t punish as much as wow. We can only hope riots mmo can be more strict on the offenders and has a playable environment similar to lol

Is their a non toxic communauty ? Even outside games.

I don't think the WoW community is *that* terrible.

However, this forum doesn't paint it in a good light.

If somehow most people have a good time there,but you find toxicity wherever you go,perhaps the problem isn't the others

There are toxic people in every game and which game is more toxic is highly subjective.
    I've played the so much praised FFXIV for a few months and experienced more toxicity there than in my last
    years of wow, even when ppl were completely burnt out and at the edge in BFA. Probably also because I was
    pretty noobish, but yeah...that's what I meant with subjective. Kind of content and your skill level are also a factor
    to consider when it comes to experiencing toxicity. Like, when I would have been pugging arena my experience might
    have been different.

You ever wonder if the problem isnt the communities but its you?

Quote Originally Posted by Easyclassictopkeklel View Post
    There are toxic people in every game and which game is more toxic is highly subjective.
    I've played the so much praised FFXIV for a few months and experienced more toxicity there than in my last
    years of wow, even when ppl were completely burnt out and at the edge in BFA. Probably also because I was
    pretty noobish, but yeah...that's what I meant with subjective. Kind of content and your skill level are also a factor
    to consider when it comes to experiencing toxicity. Like, when I would have been pugging arena my experience might
    have been different.
    Yeah man i get what you mean, but i dont know how to explain it better unless you view it yourself.

There are some dungeons in there but take literally less than 10 mins to complete with how irrelevant easy they are, there are people that actually prefer to punish everyone else rather than just cleaving it down.

Some dungeons are literally like you are doing gold/transmog runs , you 1 shot everything, but the guy you brought with you just to go faster, is sitting at the entrance, typing 24/7 how he is not helping.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I play ESO, Black Desert, SWTRO, and FF14 on rotation. Never experienced anything as the OP describes in those particular games. It's been years since I had a negative interaction that I can even recall in any game.

I do not play World of Warcraft, so I don't have a fair judge of that game's current community.

However, like the players who run into game-affecting bugs or glitches routinely, I think those who experience bad social interactions are often somewhat partially responsible. Or, perhaps, have a particularly skewed view of "bad" social interactions.

For example, the "no one said anything in the dungeon" complaint is made somewhat frequently. But, what do you actually want people to say? The nature of many of these instance content spaces makes them routine or at the least seen in one form or another.

It is not reasonable to expect players just running the dungeon to chat you up about your day randomly during content they likely have seen or done before & more or less have gameplay compulsions for joining.

Should I start telling you about my dog vomiting on the deck after eating some toy/trash found in the grass? Is that a good social experience linked to gaming?

Maybe you need to feel recognized and want me to ask you about the weather or what you are having for dinner as I tank this dungeon for the 4th time today and 9,999th over the course of 11 years? Come on now.

You have to be able to read the room, so to speak, in games just as in real life. Sometimes people are just there to get their stuff done for the day and will save the chit-chat about the weather or their cat Pickles for some other time. That's fine. They are playing to enjoy their time too. Maybe that is chatting it up, maybe not.

Form friendships or seek out like-minded folks away from the gamespace. Random people have no obligation to share your POV, goals, or even be compatible with your mood/ disposition.

The world is wide, brothers.
    Well said. People need to understand this more. I try to say something after a dungeon, to the tune of a thank you, but I don't always.

Does that make me toxic when I don't? XD
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Dunno what you're on, the game doesn't even have 5% of this number. 22 million is all accounts ever created, not active players.
    I wasn't aware you worked for Square Enix. You literally can't say with absolute certainty that the game only has 5% of that number.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ketsui View Post
    There will always be a majority of problem people in mmos that are less cleaned up as people who are socially dysfunctional tend to be at home trolling online in some form, some games aren’t as popular or have declining populations so they can’t punish as much as wow. We can only hope riots mmo can be more strict on the offenders and has a playable environment similar to lol
    LMAO considering how exceptionally toxic the community is for LoL, Riot's mmo will likely be a trash fire.