Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilookfly View Post
    Anything that makes it easier to dodge shitters is a good thing.
    The "shitters" as you so mildly put it, also pay for the game and help fund its content. You might think it's a good thing when we're all driven off, but long term I doubt it would work out well for you guys.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Season 2 affix sounds so much better this time around.

Prideful was bad because the pride elemental was hard to kill and arbitrarily spawned at 20% intervals, making perfect routing a damn requirement for your run.

Only problem I have this time around is anima powers... Feels like it's going to be very RNG/luck dependent. You could either get an utter dogcrap power or something that ups your DPS by 2K throughout the rest of the run.

This rating literally just shows your experience. I really don't get why ppl don't like it. You arent being denied from groups because of some arbitrary reason. You're being denied from groups because you haven't proven yourself capable. Run your own key, time dungeons, build scores. Its not that hard. I 100% pug as an off meta melee dps. If I can do it, u can too

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    The "shitters" as you so mildly put it, also pay for the game and help fund its content. You might think it's a good thing when we're all driven off, but long term I doubt it would work out well for you guys.
    This system allows the "shitters" to stick to their own groups. The ppl that are good at this game would be driven off as well if they were forced to carry ppl. This system is good because it allows "equal" players to be able to find eachother.

Quote Originally Posted by Domanic View Post
    Ahh yes, doing De other side or Theater without a soothe, or Sanguine without a venthyr, or getting a triple fury warrior group, that can only end well..

People that don't comprehend m+ shouldn't be allowed to discuss such topics, or anything other than transmog and pet battles really/
    1. They have that random +% buff for each random/non-queued people
    2. Depends on the week - I timed a 17 SD without a venthyr this week because it's a joke week

You pay to be able to play the game. In other words you pay for the privilege of participation. You are entitled to nothing. Dont like it? Leave.

10+ Year Old Account
    This rating is so stupid.

It wiill create a trash community like in WOTLK with gear score.

Quote Originally Posted by twothe View Post
    My experience with Mythic+ so far:

Group: "Are you sure you even know the dungeon?!"
    Me: "Yeah, I've been in there many times."
    Group: "OMG your item level is so low, we never gonna make it!"
    Me: "I'm running this for the 20th time or so, believe me, it is more than enough."
    Group then proceeds to play like total morons, no structure, no spell kicking, no stuns, they run in every void zone, while I do more damage than all 3 DDs combined as the tank, and rival the healer in healing, because he keeps dying to every ability that happens.
    Group: "See, I told you we wouldn't make it with your low item level!"
    Pretty much. 17 SoA - group doesn't kick Rebellious Fist - "knew a monk couldnt heal this high"

lOooooooooool

Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    This rating is so stupid.

It wiill create a trash community like in WOTLK with gear score.
    Care to explain how? The rating is a reflection of content you've done. Low rating? Means you dont have experience in higher content and need to work your way up before random ppl who dont know you will take the risk on inviting u. Q for mid tier content or run your own key

Just don’t bother him.

He’s a reflex of how bad this community has come and there’s nothing you or me can do about it.

Just finished a NORMAL (yes, normal) Necrotic Wake with my 59 Paladin healer alt. All went more or less fine until the tank decided to aggro ALL the necropolis mobs at once. We died and in 30 seconds I was labeled as:
    - retarded
    - mongoloid
    - dumbass
    - motherfu***r

With stupid being the most gentle thing I’ve read.

I repeat again, it was a NORMAL DIFFICULTY dungeon.

Of course I reported the dudes but nothing will happen because Blizzard doesn’t care at all. People are just entitled to insult everyone whenever they want and gg.

I was using RIO anyway, so great for saving addons but I’m curious what they’ll do now.

Would love to see this transition into some sort of feedback system (either the RIO or built-in). High score doesn’t paint the whole picture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Just don’t bother him.

He’s a reflex of how bad this community has come and there’s nothing you or me can do about it.

Just finished a NORMAL (yes, normal) Necrotic Wake with my 59 Paladin healer alt. All went more or less fine until the tank decided to aggro ALL the necropolis mobs at once. We died and in 30 seconds I was labeled as:
    - retarded
    - mongoloid
    - dumbass
    - motherfu***r

With stupid being the most gentle thing I’ve read.

I repeat again, it was a NORMAL DIFFICULTY dungeon.

Of course I reported the dudes but nothing will happen because Blizzard doesn’t care at all. People are just entitled to insult everyone whenever they want and gg.
    But mongoloid is a good thing. Mongoloids conquered all the world and even now they are the most powerful civilization in the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    I was using RIO anyway, so great for saving addons but I’m curious what they’ll do now.

Would love to see this transition into some sort of feedback system (either the RIO or built-in). High score doesn’t paint the whole picture.
    Feedback system players driven is even less reliable than rio.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate this addition to WoW. We don't need a built-in Raider.io score, we already have an addon that does most of that for us. I see a lot of negatives here without really a lot of positives to be gained from it.

- New/returning players are going to have a far harder time finding groups for M+ keys with this, especially as the player base has a tendency to overdo their asks. This will probably help out for higher level key groups, but with this implementation it will quickly become a requirement for lower level groups as well. Given that the scores aren't shown for alts and some people currently spam run lower keys for Valor, it's not hard to envision a scenario where a 60 with the proper gear has a ton of issues finding a group for a +2/3 because higher level players are signing up. This will only get worse if Blizz resets the M+ scores with each major patch.

- Plus, you have to remember that the list appears to be sortable, and group leaders will almost certainly then sort by that list. Which means that most groups will fill up by the leader choosing whomever is at the top of that list, with a small chance for some groups to skip that top entry if they aren't part of the current meta. In essence, that means that the current meta will wind up getting higher keys & higher scores, thus further reinforcing the idea that WoW has "right & wrong classes/specs" to play.

- Even if you are a fan of this system as it is currently set up, one other thing to remember here is that Raider.io as an outside source has the capability to adjust their scoring quickly if certain dynamics change within the community. Constant deaths? Failed keys? People only getting their scores on easy weeks? Raider.io has the capability to quickly change the scoring setup if needed/desired. Blizz on the other hand is a large developer who already has enough trouble changing direction when things change and the community has needs. Much like the group finder was compared to oQueue, this feels like the sort of thing Blizz will set up once with half of what it could be and forget it exists while the community asks for changes.

- It's also worth considering how this furthers toxicity in the community. Just look at the comments section anytime it becomes a forum for debate. Some people discuss the good/bad of the system, but it constantly seems to devolve into a "git gud" discussion where the higher level players say things like "Dont like it? Leave."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Care to explain how? The rating is a reflection of content you've done. Low rating? Means you dont have experience in higher content and need to work your way up before random ppl who dont know you will take the risk on inviting u. Q for mid tier content or run your own key
    I guess you only play 1 character then.

Rating is a reflection of what you have done with this current character.

Why I'm not able to get groups for layer 8 Torghast with my rogue because he's only 181, but with my 220 main, yeah no problems. I almost do more DPS with my rogue in Torghast.

A character specific rating is stupid because it mean NOTHING at all, it should be account wide.

Now, people will only look at your rating and won't invite you if too low. They won't do any research or risk anything, even at +5 or +10. Actually right now low level groups just look at your gear, now they will look at your rating, making it harder to get in groups when you are a new player or new alt.

Yes, it will be good for higher content groups, but.. they can use the addons. It should not be available to all players.
    Last edited by reemi; 2021-05-03 at 02:48 PM.

Its a bad move from Blizzard imho.
    Take me for example.I work in 3 shifts monday-saturday and i barely got time to log in as i get tired from work.Log in to do the calling of the day then go to bed for the next working day.I try to make a key every week just for the weekly vault,luckily my guild helps with that. I perform on par or even better than those who stay home all the time and got time to push their RIO and their RIO is double than mine. I am sure there are lots of people in my position.
    What i am trying to say is that RIO not always proves your abilities/skills in a dungeon.You can buy boosts to improve your score,or you can wait a simpler affix week and boost that score.
    The thing is randoms instant decline you if you got low score,not knowing WHY you got that low score.They invite someone which likes their score and that person can sometimes be an elitist or toxic which leaves them mid dungeon.

I miss the days when you queue up and people take the class that they want in a dungeon,not the score.Blizzard decided to turn everything into rated like game.You have rated bg,rated arena and ever since gearscore/RIO showed up we have rated dungeons. This is not good especially if a portion of the playerbase will be affected.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    "Every group worth joining" lmao, if you don't understand that elitist attitude ALREADY I don't know what else to say. I have very successful groups who don't care about raider IO at all. But, I guess it does because you said so, huh? XD
    Yeah, ok. Have fun living in your dream world where clouds are made out of cotton candy. Reality is waiting for you if you want to come back to it at some time later.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    [...]
    tin foil hat you say? you can simple check the proof by yourself: go ingame and look how often you see „WTS“ in pug tool and compare it to the past. when you develop such systems (i did this too, as a software developer), you design the game, the „meta“ aspects like reward systems etc. to feed your smart cash grab system. i.e. your m+ ranks/achievements or conquest ranks (i.e. Combatant) you must have, to be able to higher upgrade your gear, SOLELY exists for the reason that ppl let them carry by booster grps. and this means you need gold. and this means you buy a token. and this means Blizz is getting a lot of money for free, by doing nothing and watching the money flow of an automatic system. thats how smart cash grab systems works. but most ppl do not understand anything of what i am saying here, or how multibillion dollar companies work.

long story short: your beloved game sucks more and more while Blizzard is milking the most out of it.
    Sums it up quite neatly.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    As someone who mostly plays the game solo - like vast numbers of other people out there - I'm happy that I can completely ignore this. Relax and have fun, folks.
    Same here man besides i heard lengendary items are a big game changer for soloers as well feels good man!

It will amuse me to no end to see how scared some people are of information transparency.

"I am very skilled. I don't have the numbers to prove it. But just trust me. You will be surprised"
    "Those other scores? don't believe them, they could have easily bought their runs. But me? I am legit and you can take my word for it"

This rings too close to certain groups in real life.

Good, means I don't need to update my RIO addon constantly.