Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    The grass, or in this case community, is always greener on the other side. Haven't you heard?

I've seen people trash WoW's community on this forum, saying how they're fleeing this game and its players to go someplace better. Often FFXIV.
    Then I see them in other threads doing as much whinging about that game and its community. Makes me think that the problem isn't with the communities, if you get what I'm sayin'... In fact, most of them are so toxic whenever they do complain (which is a lot, every day in some cases) that I KNOW they're part of the problem.

All games have this one issue in common: People. People gon' people, doesn't matter where you go. I was met with insane levels of toxicity from guys when I tried to enter DnD even. Finding nice people is as easy as joining a guild with a zero-tolerance for drama and shitty behaviour, run by adults. What some of those complaining the most about bad communities would refer to as a "Carebear Guild".

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    Lol, that reply just shows the type of person you are.
    You are most likely the same as the people you complain about, which leads to question, who is the problem in this scenario, everyone else, or you?
    I know what i am, i dont hide what i am, but i clearly written out what is happening, the reading comprehension of you guys quoting me is the problem mostly.

I really would love to know how loading in a dungeon, to never type anything and lets say i somehow magically type while i am loading in, and those 3 seconds i am somehow extremely toxic, WHILE LOADING, and just watch them leave/cry dear murder is somehow related to how i am, but as i said, reading is probably something that is hard.

The only reason i dont respond to every quote is because i will get an infraction, an admin with the hots of giving me infractions is simply waiting for it so i just avoid responding to you guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    The grass, or in this case community, is always greener on the other side. Haven't you heard?
    My thread is rhetorical, i know what is actually happening, dont worry.

I just dont experience all this community complains in any game, but i am also always ahead of the curve in every game, therefor now that i started a MMO, 7 years after its launch, playing the insanely casual solo questing-->Do some dailies-->The content is laughably easy-->These guys are seriously toxic at this content?

I completely understand toxicity in MOBA games, in FPS games, in WoW +15-20s, i get it why people are crying, i get how the majority of the 99% is copying the +20s into the +4s and create a toxic environment.

I was told the other games arent like this, and voila, i already knew they were, i just gathered some data in the 20 days i am playing ESO to see for myself.

A casual literal single player MMO with housing and irrelevant PvE, and people are toxic to the point they wont waste 1 extra minute

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    A casual literal single player MMO with housing and irrelevant PvE, and people are toxic to the point they wont waste 1 extra minute
    Again, it very much seems like a "subjective" or "you have bad luck" thing. I casually play plenty of MMO's (STO, GW2, ESO, Division 2, Dauntless, PoE etc.) and while there are definitely asshats (and in the case of POE general chat is almost always cancer), but I don't run into what you seem to constantly experience at all. And I'm playing them as mostly solo affairs as well, I haven't pushed "hard" content in ages.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    I don't think the WoW community is *that* terrible.

However, this forum doesn't paint it in a good light.
    That's my view as well. I've seen far, far worse than WoW's community while playing LoL, Path of Exile, Fortnite, Overwatch and Starcraft II. I've also seen better communities in games like Warframe, LOTRO, Vermintide, Dawn of War, Total War titles. I think it does help that WoW pushes you towards running with a dedicated group for much of its harder content, where you usually find like-minded players and can select your social environment to a large degree. Of course toxic guilds are the flipside of that, and pugs are very hit and miss obviously. The worst part of the community is probably how exclusionary it is, but to be fair that's also due to the content not being noob friendly once you reach Heroic raiding and +10 keys.

Still, it's a lot less bad than the toxic cesspits like LoL where someone being insulted every other game was the norm and there was a remarkable amount of young men who intimately knew my 60 years old mother.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Strangely, I play Call of Duty Warzone while waiting for the next big thing. I have this belief that somehow keeping my FPS skills up for the gaming universe's being developed similar to ready player one will pay off somehow. Anyway in that game there is a wide array of people you quickly see and usually at their most aggressive. When you kill someone you get to hear their voice comms for 2 seconds. Not only do you hear tons of racist stuff, swearing in other languages, you also hear compliments. When it comes to your own teammates you get the same mix. I feel as if this dream of a perfect community will never occur ever again unless its forced. When you play that game you cycle by people very fast, add friends who are nice people.

Anyway my point is the gaming communities might have some toxic people but they often have good people too, connect with the ones you had a good time around and you can play with them