10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    I didn't mention the name Sanders.

But I get it, you're obsessed with me.

Though if you assumed it was about Sanders without naming him. You proved my point.

Oh well, had a few laughs. Lunch is over.
    Pretty sure the only point proven is that you rag on Sanders so much everyone assumes that's who you're talking about. Most of us have gotten over the fact that he lost the primary last year, maybe you should too.

now all the dipshits are getting booted as biden takes over they are finding a nice home here in tory england. fucking heritage foundation and henry jackson society ghouls getting top jobs.

F

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I didn't realise it was set so low by the last admin, tbh.
    They tried to functionally kill the whole program, so I imagine much of it is a mess. Glad Biden's team is keeping to their word in announcing the change in May, and that they're at least being honest that they may not hit that cap is ok.

10+ Year Old Account

People were screaming "betrayal" because rebuilding isnt happening fast enough.

A lot of people dont realize the damage that Trump and Miller did to refugee and resettlement policy.

"Infrastructure that had been built over four decades was ultimately decimated in four years," Krish O'Mara Vignarajah, the president and CEO of Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service, one of nine national agencies that works with the federal government to resettle refugees, told ABC News.

Hopefully they can expand on the new cap and get up to previous caps of 90,000 and higher.

*slaps hood of Idaho and Wyoming, "this baby here can fit plenty more refugees!"

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    People were screaming "betrayal" because rebuilding isnt happening fast enough.

A lot of people dont realize the damage that Trump and Miller did to refugee and resettlement policy.

"Infrastructure that had been built over four decades was ultimately decimated in four years," Krish O'Mara Vignarajah, the president and CEO of Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service, one of nine national agencies that works with the federal government to resettle refugees, told ABC News.

Hopefully they can expand on the new cap and get up to previous caps of 90,000 and higher.

*slaps hood of Idaho and Wyoming, "this baby here can fit plenty more refugees!"
    i mean they could have done it 3 months ago...pretending that there is some magical damage stopping them is bootlicking.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    i mean they could have done it 3 months ago...pretending that there is some magical damage stopping them is bootlicking.
    You talking about the Biden administration doing it 3 months ago?

I mean while we can walk and chew gum at the same time, it still takes time and we can’t start it all at one time.

We are still in the phase where we are stuck choosing which of the Republicans fuck ups we want to fix in what priority. And while we hope to hit all of them, we can’t hit all of them within the first moments of the administration.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    Erasing four years of damage by Trump.

Is this you carrying water for the Tories?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    He's talking about the elections in the 90's - Clinton had 43% in 92 and 49% in 96. Ross Perot took 18/8% of the vote respectively.

Semantic nonsense, mostly.
    It's actually a great example about what "splitting the vote" means. The Republicans learned their lesson -- it's probably part of why Trump was allowed to ruin their party. If he'd run as a third party, President Clinton would have been re-elected.

- - - Updated - - -

The damage done by Trump's "most transparent administration of all time" will be slowly un-redacted over years. Maybe a decade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It's actually a great example about what "splitting the vote" means. The Republicans learned their lesson -- it's probably part of why Trump was allowed to ruin their party. If he'd run as a third party, President Clinton would have been re-elected.

- - - Updated - - -

The damage done by Trump's "most transparent administration of all time" will be slowly un-redacted over years. Maybe a decade.
    This is Ralph Nader erasure!

/s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    ..."either time he won"...?

I sure hope this just parsed funny and you meant: "The majority didn't want Clinton elected either, the time Trump won, as well."
    He never exceeded 50% of the total vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    He never exceeded 50% of the total vote.
    Meanwhile, your boy, Trump... couldn't even get a plurality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Majority of land isn’t the same as people
    More people voted for other candidates than they did for him, he just had more votes than any other candidate.

More people voted for other candidates than they did for him, he just had more votes than any other candidate.
    Yes, we understand the difference between a majority and a plurality, a rather pointless semantical difference in the context of this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Meanwhile, your boy, Trump... couldn't even get a plurality.
    He wasn't "my boy". I never voted for him.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, we understand the difference between a majority and a plurality, a rather pointless semantical difference in the context of this conversation.
    Not when the comment was concerning a president making a decision when they didn't win the majority of votes.

Not when the comment was concerning a president making a decision when they didn't win the majority of votes.
    Contextually, it seemed pretty obvious they were using it in the "got the most votes" context. Not the textbook definition of the word, but again, arguing semantics over this shit is pretty pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Contextually, it seemed pretty obvious they were using it in the "got the most votes" context. Not the textbook definition of the word, but again, arguing semantics over this shit is pretty pointless.
    Not really, when you are trying to claim moral high ground semantics matter.

He wasn't "my boy". I never voted for him.

- - - Updated - - -

We all know better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    We all know better.
    No, you are totally clueless. You see the world in black and white, but not everyone sees politics in that manner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, Biden.

No, you are totally clueless. You see the world in black and white, but not everyone sees politics in that manner.
    No, we've simply had you pegged for years.

I'm a libertarian, and I'm well aware the world is not black and white. Alas, I've seen your post history through the years.