Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Im sorry doctors without borders, you need to pay back all that money that was donated because a wow collector feel sad. So stop helping people in need immediately. Kthx, you the best

10+ Year Old Account
    I looked at title of thread and immediately thought of them doing an updated version of the swift Spectral tiger, lol
    Grandmaster Tidestout
    <Stand Tall>US-Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Giving away TcG pet for this charity, i read they are maybe gonna add the dark portal HS (Which is almost worth 1000 euro) for the TBC deluxe edition.
    Like does Blizzard like ruining the prices of items? Or what is the point in bringing back special items that used to be required 1 specific way and now everyone just gets it?
    hate to ruin this for you..but you could have gotten the pet in like Mists of Pandaria :P https://www.wowhead.com/npc=61324/baby-ape this is literally the same pet
    Last edited by Kharli; 2021-03-28 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Corrected as it was added in 5.0.3

Of all the things it's possible to not care about in WoW, collectors is probably the one I don't care about the most. Fortunately though I have discovered that watching them complain is enjoyable.

"What's next free spectral tigers" coming from people who call themselves collectors when we all know they were duped mercilessly for months if not years is hilarious.

Why should blizzard care if the Discontinued TCG Cards lose Value? They are not making any future money off of them.
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

Adding it to the BMAH making it appear like once a 6 months on it, still makes an item very rare.
    Giving it away to anyone makes the value drop by a 100%

idc that they are giving away pets, but before you know it they are giving away Spectral Tigers.

Fyi, collectors are part of the game too, giving away the stuff they worked for, just boosts the amount of leavers.
    Because Blizzard is making the phat bank on spectral tigers on ebay. Yep. /s

10+ Year Old Account
    At the end of the day, does it really even matter? Before this charity, you had four options to get it, either: A] buy the unused loot card from ebay for how ever much £££, B] get lucky from the associated booster pack from the TCG/god pack from the last set released, C] buy it in-game from the AH (when this option became available in what, Cata or MoP?) or D] Get it from the BMAH (I think it's rarely available on there, not 100% sure though to be honest). Five options if you include the baby ape pet you can sometimes find in Stranglethorn - so really, when that pet came out, one could easily have used the same argument.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    https://media.mmo-champion.com/image...ionrewards.png

Pathetic... GJ Blizzard on fucking over loyal customers once again. Making TcG items just free shit.

EDIT: Unless its TBC Classic reward only. then im fine with it as long its away from retail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Pathetic... GJ Blizzard on fucking over loyal customers once again. Making TcG items just free shit.

EDIT: Unless its TBC Classic reward only. then im fine with it as long its away from retail.
    You are the pathetic one and you are definitely not a loyal customer.

15+ Year Old Account
    It isn't free if you have to purchase them as part of a package. Loyal customers are also not screwed over because there are no more customers for the TCG since it has been dead for 8 years now.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Resurrecting your own dead thread. POG

Giving away TcG pet for this charity, i read they are maybe gonna add the dark portal HS (Which is almost worth 1000 euro) for the TBC deluxe edition.
    Like does Blizzard like ruining the prices of items? Or what is the point in bringing back special items that used to be required 1 specific way and now everyone just gets it?
    Bananas -> Patch 2.0.1.6180 -> December 5, 2006 -> ~14 and a half years
    Path of Illidan -> Patch 2.4.2.8301 -> Between May 13, 2008 (2.4.2.8209) and July 15, 2008 (2.4.3.8478) -> ~13 years
    Dark Portal -> Patch 5.2.0.16408 -> Between December 3, 2012 (5.1.0a.16357) and March 5, 2013 (5.2.0.16650) -> ~8 years

I think they had enough exclusivity on that. They also did it with the MoP mount and nothing happened.

I have the feeling that's Blizzard's way to reduce the speculation with their products, and at the same time increase their revenue.
    Why spend 60$ on a consumible from a 13yo card sold on eBay when I can have that as a toy + another toy + 2 mounts for (I presume) the same amount?

I feel the collectors have had their time to have these items be special, specially given that the card game has been out of print for so long, so yes I think it would be good to see those items added into the game, either as CE bonuses (Make a few scratch cards that given random TGC rewards and whack them into the physical CE boxes, maybe with the chance to get great stuff like the mounts or booby prizes like the rides or even common stuff), but I think having them on the BMAH would also be good.

Tho I'd say there should be some sort of "cool down" where stuff like this eventually has their barriers to gaining lowered a bit.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what is wrong with todays wow generation and you can clearly see why there is not much loyalty left for the franchise.
    A dark Portal Hearthstone earn through IRL lootcode from lootcards is now worth nothing anymore.

The whole idea of making things exclusive is thrown out the window.

I hope their next change is in making a token for any gladiator mount ever released so anyone can get them again. same for Curve mounts and any other thing linked to exclusive time period.

But hey atleast its fair for the players, so everyone can have the same. Gj guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

This is what is wrong with todays wow generation and you can clearly see why there is not much loyalty left for the franchise.
    A dark Portal Hearthstone earn through IRL lootcode from lootcards is now worth nothing anymore.

I hope their next change is in making a token for any gladiator mount ever released so anyone can get them again. same for Curve mounts and any other thing linked to exclusive time period.

But hey atleast its fair for the players, so everyone can have the same. Gj guys!
    I wouldn't say worthless, but massively devalued as it can still be worth a percentage of whatever the deluxe edition costs.

The problem is the people in this thread don't seem to understand.

They bring up other card games reprinting things and acting like those somehow devalue the originals when the originals are going strong. This would be as if Wizards of the Coast who run MtG suddenly said they found 1 million alpha black lotus in a warehouse somewhere and gave them all away for free to active player accounts(they have accounts).

The King of Hyperbole and talking-out-one's-ass, does it again.

Imagine caring about pixels & prestige in a video game

7+ Year Old Account
    they should do that with all the others, make tgc items a shop item, always find stupid make some itens exclusive to a card game

always wanted the fel drake, but you can't find if its not by an absurd prize and is never safe to buy, fuck that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Imagine caring about pixels & prestige in a video game
    welcome to reality,people have started caring about pixels for well over 2 decades now,its the reason all these f2p games make so much money,selling skins,mounts,apearences etc

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    welcome to reality,people have started caring about pixels for well over 2 decades now,its the reason all these f2p games make so much money,selling skins,mounts,apearences etc
    So sadly insanely true, there is a story doing the rounds of some dude losing his Black Desert account through no fault of his own and its a whole saga of why and whats being done but what stood out to me was the guy spent $1600 in one month in in-game purchases, like what the actual fuck, that was just one month.

I have several tcg mounts and I can confirm that blizzard releasing them as store mounts would not effect their value at all, because they are worthless, trust me, my 'friend' had his account valued and his tcg mounts had no impact on that, that aside on a general day to day bases they ar worthless, I have a swift spectral tiger and I don't even use it, so personally I do not care a tcg item is being reintroduced. I want the Tyraels charger brought back, I was new at the time and missed getting it by a matter of days unaware it was 'limited edition'.
    Last edited by Sorrowseer; 2021-05-04 at 12:04 AM.