Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    June seems too early. I mean if prepatch started RIGHT NOW, most people had no chance to reach lvl58 with their new draeneis/BEs until the release. There is no technical reason not to launch on june 1st, but there are marketing/other reasons to not launch so early imho.
    There is a very slim chance they see an early july 9.1 likely and want to release BC with at least 4-5 week gap compared to 9.1. Then they have a choice to delay BC for unreasonable amount of time into aug or later OR release it surprisingly quickly.
    The point of the pre-patch is to test out new talents and pvp system.

It's not supposed to guarantee turbonerd powergamers enough time to level up new races to max level.

When can we make belf paladins?

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    If you want a day 1 blood elf or draenai bad enough with your friends, you’ll pay. It is legit about the only way they are making cash in classic tbc and you better believe they’ll milk that opening rush dry

I get it, but we didn’t have this luxury at original tbc launch so why would we in round 2? Some people don’t even think the boost should exist period
    You cannot boost a Draenei or Blood Elf. They already said this back when boosts where announced. If you want a Draenei or Blood Elf character, you have to level it through Classic.

- - - Updated - - -

This officially rules 9.1 out until July or august.

SL is going to be in really rough shape by then.

9.1 is going to have to be the best patch in WoW history or this expac is straight up doomed with this timetable
    It's already in a tough shape, 9.1 won't change anything and so won't 9.2.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

just for Focks sake.. let us know blizzard. some of us have to let work know ahead of time, and i saved 2 weeks of vacation for release of TBC

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    June seems too early. I mean if prepatch started RIGHT NOW, most people had no chance to reach lvl58 with their new draeneis/BEs until the release. There is no technical reason not to launch on june 1st, but there are marketing/other reasons to not launch so early imho.
    There is a very slim chance they see an early july 9.1 likely and want to release BC with at least 4-5 week gap compared to 9.1. Then they have a choice to delay BC for unreasonable amount of time into aug or later OR release it surprisingly quickly.
    Why do you think they want to do a 4-5 week gap with 9.1? They released Shadowlands on 11/23 and Naxx on 12/1, just one week later. Two major patch/expansions literally one reset apart. There's no reason to think they coordinate the release schedules IMO. I think they SHOULD do this, but for whatever reason they don't care. It's probably different dev teams working on classic vs. retail, and because delays are common they don't try to line things up.

I'm not sure why they would delay the prepatch, like the beta has had no serious flaws from what I have heard. All the raids and dungeons work, all the talents and quests are in, arena works, etc. The thing is there weren't that many crazy system changes from Classic to TBC, so we wouldn't expect a super long beta cycle. The fact that Blizz has been giving away TBC beta keys for weeks tells me it's close.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    Why do you think they want to do a 4-5 week gap with 9.1? They released Shadowlands on 11/23 and Naxx on 12/1, just one week later. Two major patch/expansions literally one reset apart. There's no reason to think they coordinate the release schedules IMO.
    Ion in the Preach interview mentioned exactly this: they want to have a longer time between Classic and retail releases than just one or two weeks and the Shadowlands / Naxxramas launch around the same time was inevitable due to Shadowlands being delayed for a month.

A period of 4 weeks between Classic phases and content patches in retail seems like the minimum (this is my opinion, not something Ion directly stated).

To create a fresh Blood Elf Paladin in Burning Crusade Classic, I can't purchase a Boost? I have to start at level 1? Ugh. No way do I have the patience to level up 58 freaking levels in Classic. Already did that 15+ years ago with my many characters.

I just want to play TBC right away, as a Nlood Elf. I didn't do this new Classic at all.

Now looks like maybe I'll have to create a Night Elf Warrior, hopefully a boost is available for that race and class?

Quote Originally Posted by wargone View Post
    just for Focks sake.. let us know blizzard. some of us have to let work know ahead of time, and i saved 2 weeks of vacation for release of TBC
    Don't waste your vocation inside the house. Enjoy the your life outside in an other country near the beach with beautiful girls. The game can wait for 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    Don't waste your vocation inside the house. Enjoy the your life outside in an other country near the beach with beautiful girls. The game can wait for 2 weeks.
    Here I am wasting my vocation inside of a cramped office with bald men...

Ill continue to play on my pserver for free, reduce your ridiculous sub fee Blizz and I will consider coming back to WoW/Classic.

Or just play it in the office like i plan to and not waste vacation!

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by last1214 View Post
    Here I am wasting my vocation inside of a cramped office with bald men...
    Or... don´t waste your time on a beach with girls when you could instead be doing something you enjoy ?

Tastes are different

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    To create a fresh Blood Elf Paladin in Burning Crusade Classic, I can't purchase a Boost? I have to start at level 1? Ugh. No way do I have the patience to level up 58 freaking levels in Classic. Already did that 15+ years ago with my many characters.

I just want to play TBC right away, as a Nlood Elf. I didn't do this new Classic at all.

Now looks like maybe I'll have to create a Night Elf Warrior, hopefully a boost is available for that race and class?
    You can boost every Classic race & class, but you cannot boost Draenei or Blood Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Ill continue to play on my pserver for free, reduce your ridiculous sub fee Blizz and I will consider coming back to WoW/Classic.
    Please stay on your pserver.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Or just play it in the office like i plan to and not waste vacation!
    It is ... cheap... For what you get.
    Why play in a non real server anyway? anytime it could go down, get deleted. At least the official servers are that, official.. if they go down, it means that it is all over anyway.

being compared to 7.2 or 8.2 isn't enough.

For all this time they've had to work on 9.1, it needs to be 7.2 8.2 and 5.3 patch size combined to breath life back into SL (ironic statement)

what i've seen of 9.1 isn't going to be enough. I honestly don't see 9.3 in shadowlands at all. if 9.1 isn't SIGNIFICANTLY beefed up, like 200-500% of content, it will bomb as the community has already begun to turn sour on it due to the wait, and lack of what looks like new content.

they will absolutely abandon 9.3 to work on 10.0 regardless of what they said if 9.1 isn't the best patch they've ever done, because then the writing will be on the wall for 9.2 and it'll be in shut down mode for 10.0 since 10.0 brings them the $ and 9.2 or 9.3 doesn't, quite frankly.
    5.3 was escalation, basically killing npcs in the barrens with getting the epic cloak (pretty sure about that last part, and us needing to do the fight at the respective August celestial temple).

And as for 9.3, there is just literally no time on the clock. A late June to early August patch, leaves room for a point patch in Sept/October (which will give all the withheld changes we wanted with 9.1 launch). And then just barely patch in late Nov/Dec, but more realistically in January/February. Which will then put us in the long stretch for the next expansion at the earliest of mid-August.

I’m sort of glad in a way. Been able to take free time away from wow. Was really bitter with people wanting SL pre-patch that gave nothing, which screwed over my foraying into arena ended any possible likelihood of getting my last rank 4 essence for the title. Haven’t cared for the game since October 13. Do need to get elite and KSM though but so far behind after quitting on and off, only being brought to alt heroic nights. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Festisio View Post
    Please stay on your pserver.
    I will, the people are a lot nicer there anyways lmao. Though I think Blizzard is going to have to consider changing the price since more people are realizing the same thing with other services like gamepass giving you access to hundreds of games and not just 1 game granting far more value for less monthly (classic versions of WoW don't count as value imo).

10+ Year Old Account
    why not? they are not obligated to let people rolling new races catch up for TBC launch into outworlds. In fact, in TBC launch, you had to wait til launch to BE those races already setting you back.

also, they are giving away that free lvl 58 for a reason. take the hint.
    Marketing!

You want everyone to be prepared, you want all the money you can have.

You want that inactive player to sub BEFORE it start. To make more money.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    what exactly is there to test for a 13+ year old game that's not all ready been tested? serious question
    Have you actually played the classic and tbc beta?
    There is literally fuckloads of stuff to test.
    "Are things right"
    "Bugs"
    "Does this feel authentic"
    and more

there is literally is and has been tons of shit wrong, like for example quest cap, and items stats, and items existing or not, raid and dungeon bosses bugging, quests bugging, textures bugging, and more.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bye Summer, Hello Arena.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.