10+ Year Old Account

Burning Crusade Beta Notes - May 4th

Burning Crusade Classic Beta Notes - May 4th
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    I’ve struck the words “and equip” from this note:
    • All PvP gear will have consistent personal rating requirements to purchase.

You don’t need to retain rating to equip an item, rating is only required to purchase it.

I’ve also added the following PvP notes:
    • At least 50 games played are required to qualify for a seasonal reward.
    • There are no rating requirements to purchase Arena gear from a previous season.
    • Season 1 gladiator weapons that were added in patch 2.1 (Gladiator’s Gavel, Gladiator’s Salvation, and Gladiator’s Reprieve) will be available from the beginning of Season 1.
    • The commentator UI for wargames has been updated with a fresh new look.
    Player Vs Player
    To bring about better matchmaking in Burning Crusade Classic, we’re updating the Matchmaking Rating (MMR) system to use a calculation design developed after original Burning Crusade, with an MMR range that will be similar to the range seen in PvP in 2008.

• Arena Teams will begin at 0 rating. (Teams began at 1500 in original Burning Crusade.)
    • Diminishing returns will have a 15-20 second cooldown window.
    • All PvP gear will have consistent personal rating requirements to purchase and equip.
      • Shoulders = 2200
      • Weapon = 2050
      • Head = 1700
      • Chest = 1600
      • Legs = 1550

A major goal we have in Burning Crusade Classic PvP is to provide consistency as we step forward through each Season and phase of content. We believe this will promote a healthier PvP environment that emphasizes the prestige players can feel when obtaining shoulders and weapons in particular.

• All Arena point costs for Arena gear will remain consistent for all Burning Crusade Classic Arena seasons.
    • Arena points are awarded during the weekly reset, and are based on the team that earned the most points.
    • To qualify for Arena points, your personal rating must be within 150 of the rating of your team, with at least 10 games played, and you must have participated in 30% of your team’s games the previous week.
    • Season 1 will feature a unique Rank 1 title, the Infernal Gladiator.
    • Originally, Rank 1 titles weren’t introduced until Season 2. This is a good opportunity to introduce one for the first season of Burning Crusade Classic.
    • Seasonal rewards will be delivered to players who reach a top percentage of teams per bracket in their region:
      • Rank 1 = 0.1% of top teams
      • Gladiator = 0.5%
      • Duelist = 3%
      • Rival = 10%
      • Challenger = 35%
    • To qualify for a seasonal reward, your personal arena rating needs to be within 100 points of your team’s rating, and you must have participated in 20% of your team’s games.
    • The Gold/Green Arena flags have been changed to Gold/Purple to improve colorblind accessibility.
    • Tornadoes will randomly spawn in Nagrand Arena in Season 1.
      • We want to recreate the experience of these unique map mechanics as they were originally introduced. PvP vendors have been configured to make Season 1 behave more like subsequent seasons than it did in original Burning Crusade.
    • Alliance PvP Vendors
      • Captain Dirgehammer sells level 70 honor armor.
      • Captain O’Neal sells level 70 honor weapons.
      • Master Sergeant Biggins sells Pendants, Medallions, Bands, and gems in Season 1.
      • Lieutenant Karter will now sell Reins of the Black War Elekk starting in Season 1. (Was available in Season 4 of original Burning Crusade.)
      • Master Sergeant Biggins will now sells Star’s Lament and Star’s Tears in Season 1. (Was available in Season 2 of original Burning Crusade.)
    • Horde PvP Vendors
      • Lady Palanseer sells level 70 honor armor in Season 1, at item levels 113/115/123.
      • Sergeant Thunderhorn sells level 70 honor weapons in Season 1, at item level 115.
      • Brave Stonehide sells Pendants, Medallions, Bands, and gems in Season 1.
      • Raider Bork now sells the Swift Warstrider starting in Season 1. (Was available in Season 4 of original Burning Crusade.)
      • Brave Stonehide now sells Star’s Lament and Star’s Tears in Season 1. (Was available in Season 2 of original Burning Crusade.)

BC Beta - Old Season Gear and Rating
    If I recall correctly from TBC, once a new season started the prior season gear became purchaseable with honor without a rating requirement.
    This is correct. During Season 2, there will no longer be a rating requirement to purchase Season 1 gear.

BC Classic Beta Testing Availability and Fixes - May 4th
    Later this morning, we’re enabling rated Arena testing in the Burning Crusade Beta. Please leave your feedback on it in the dedicated feedback thread after you’ve tested it.

We’re also enabling world bosses. Please note that once Kazzak and Doomroller are killed in the Beta, they will respawn on their natural random timers, and should not be expected to respawn at the same time later in the week.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wish they'd implement rated battlegrounds in Burning Crusade Classic. Many of us miss the days when battlegrounds were actually relevant.

So before there was no rating requirement to purchase season 1 gear right?

I was looking forward to my full pvp set in season 1......not anymore
    this sucks, would be nice to be on even playing field for bgs. This is a big change not sure its welcomed....

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/...tent=post_body

"I’ve struck the words “and equip” from this note:"

Who is this all powerful "I" of the "I've"s? One person makes these decisions? The picture is getting more and more clear. The ego...

Quote Originally Posted by Deathtalk View Post
    I was looking forward to my full pvp set in season 1......not anymore
    this sucks, would be nice to be on even playing field for bgs. This is a big change not sure its welcomed....

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/...tent=post_body
    It's a load of bollocks this change. When it suites them it's "we want to preserve the authentic experience", when it doesn't then it's whatever random BS they can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    "I’ve struck the words “and equip” from this note:"

Who is this all powerful "I" of the "I've"s? One person makes these decisions? The picture is getting more and more clear. The ego...
    You seem to have misunderstood it. Community manager Kaivax updated the previous post which originally contained the words "and equip", which was not accurate. You're looking to hard for something to shit on.

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    It's a load of bollocks this change. When it suites them it's "we want to preserve the authentic experience", when it doesn't then it's whatever random BS they can think of.
    I agree. Gear requiring a certain rating is one of the negative changes they've made to PvP over the years and I was looking forward to there not being rating on season 1 and 2 gear. This won't affect my main as I anticipate I will get the necessary rating for that character, but for my alts it will be a road block to getting them PvP gear which I prefer to wear in outdoor content.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctiphobia View Post
    You seem to have misunderstood it. Community manager Kaivax updated the previous post which originally contained the words "and equip", which was not accurate. You're looking to hard for something to shit on.
    I was joking.

Hopefully all the booster-services will focus on TBC now so I don’t have to queue into gladiator-players will full gear every game when I’m trying to gear/climb with a new character...

I don't get the logic of making S1 require rating, what expansion are we playing here? It's already gated by how much more points you get from higher rating, not gating the gear behind a rating was an incentive for people to play and would have worked wonders, now many people will not bother. It's just a bad decision, really surprised they did this.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    I agree. Gear requiring a certain rating is one of the negative changes they've made to PvP over the years and I was looking forward to there not being rating on season 1 and 2 gear. This won't affect my main as I anticipate I will get the necessary rating for that character, but for my alts it will be a road block to getting them PvP gear which I prefer to wear in outdoor content.
    There have always been an "honor" tier and an "arena point" tier for PvP gear. In season 1, I assume the "honor" tier will be the blue quality set that borrows the looks of the level 60 PvP set. The notes specify that there will be an "honor" gear vendor. In season 2 (edit: partially wrong), the Gladiator set (S1) will go to the "honor" tier and the Merciless Gladiator (S2) will replace it in the "arena point" tier. There will be no people who want to PvP left without any sort of gear.

I expect that I won't reach the rating for weapons and shoulders when they are current, but it's still something cool to work towards.
    Last edited by BarosanuNr1; 2021-05-05 at 06:57 PM.

I was planning to do arenas for the first month to supplement my bear druid shoulder and glove spots, kind of glad I don't have to bother since pvp isn't my jam and I didn't want to respec to resto for matches. This will impact the amount of players queuing up and with the op comps you could put together in tbc it could be a frustrating ride for certain classes to reach the required rating. Not sure this is an area that needed "yes changes".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BarosanuNr1 View Post
    There have always been an "honor" tier and an "arena point" tier for PvP gear. In season 1, I assume the "honor" tier will be the blue quality set that borrows the looks of the level 60 PvP set. The notes specify that there will be an "honor" gear vendor. In season 2, the Gladiator set (S1) will go to the "honor" tier and the Merciless Gladiator (S2) will replace it in the "arena point" tier. There will be no people who want to PvP left without any sort of gear.

I expect that I won't reach the rating for weapons and shoulders when they are current, but it's still something cool to work towards.
    Seems to me it's still a bit unclear. The poster wants to claim that the previous season gear should be purchased with honor, aka NOT the way it was back in BC, the poster is incorrect but is worryingly enough called out as "correct" by the blue reply. The blue then only specifies that the rating requirement will be gone.

A more BC-like experience would be that it would still be purchased for the Arena currency (which takes time to acquire, especially if you're bad like me) but with no rating requirement*, and that by season 3, s1 gear would be purchasable with Honor.

*back in BC, previous season gear had rating requirements, although lowered. This seems like it will be changed, at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Seems to me it's still a bit unclear. The poster wants to claim that the previous season gear should be purchased with honor, aka NOT the way it was back in BC, the poster is incorrect but is worryingly enough called out as "correct" by the blue reply. The blue then only specifies that the rating requirement will be gone.

A more BC-like experience would be that it would still be purchased for the Arena currency (which takes time to acquire, especially if you're bad like me) but with no rating requirement*, and that by season 3, s1 gear would be purchasable with Honor.

*back in BC, previous season gear had rating requirements, although lowered. This seems like it will be changed, at the very least.
    Upon further reflection, I indeed made a mistake. In original TBC it took two seasons, not one (as I stated initially), for an arena set to make its way to the honor tier and without any rating requirement. Because TBC had four seasons, this eventually applied to the S1 and S2 sets, but not to S3 and S4. S3 remained in the arena tier, but its rating requirement was lowered in season four.

So, the way I can make sense of the patch notes is: Season one will have an honor tier (blue gear) and an arena tier (S1). Starting with season two, there will be three tiers: an honor tier (blue gear, then S1), a lower arena tier (S1, then S2) and a higher arena tier (S2, then S3, then S4).
    Last edited by BarosanuNr1; 2021-05-05 at 07:02 PM.