Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I wouldn't expect her to look like a Night Elf... unless somehow Blizzard adds lore stating that Elune "guided" the evolution of Trolls into Night Elves to mirror her appearance, or some shit.
    I would.
    That would explain the Night elves' appearance and religion, as well as Cenarius'.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    Elune had pretty badass design in RPG books

can't wait to see their upcoming shitty redesign.
    +

=

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Eh, if Azeroth is the Earth Mother, and if Elune is real-real, then An'she can be real too. Make him a Prime Naaru, or apart of the Pantheon of Light or some shit.
    You're hanging one assumption of another there. We don't know who the Earth Mother is, either, and even if she is a real being, that doesn't make An'she any more real.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You're hanging one assumption of another there. We don't know who the Earth Mother is, either, and even if she is a real being, that doesn't make An'she any more real.
    We actually do. In BFA they talked about how "The Earth Mother" was dying in regards to the wound within Silithus. At most, I can assume the Earth Mother and Azeroth are one of the same, considering Azeroth was...well...dying when they said this.

I mean, it's like how we called our planet "Mother Earth", ya know? Azeroth is the Earth Mother. She is the planet.

- - - Updated - - -

She her "eyes" are the 2 moons. The Guardians of light that essentially watch over her. One being of Lunar Light and Nature AKA Elune, the other being "the Blue Child" which we know almost nothing about, but may be connected to Elune in some form. An'she could be the opposite of Elune, in which he is the guardian of Light that keeps Azeroth and the system she's in warm. 2 Holy Guardians of a World Soul, with one of them living on one of the two "eyes" of Azeroth AKA the Earth Mother, while the other keeps her warm and cozy as the manifestation of the Sun itself. I think it fits well.

- - - Updated - - -

And you can also connect them to Pantheons such as the Pantheon of Death, or even the Pantheon of Light.

- - - Updated - - -

An'she can exist, but he himself doesn't have to be named "An'she", the same way Mu'sha isn't named Mu'sha. It's Elune.

She her "eyes" are the 2 moons. The Guardians of light that essentially watch over her. One being of Lunar Light and Nature AKA Elune, the other being "the Blue Child" which we know almost nothing about, but may be connected to Elune in some form. An'she could be the opposite of Elune, in which he is the guardian of Light that keeps Azeroth and the system she's in warm. 2 Holy Guardians of a World Soul, with one of them living on one of the two "eyes" of Azeroth AKA the Earth Mother, while the other keeps her warm and cozy as the manifestation of the Sun itself. I think it fits well.
    An'she is the second eye of the Earth Mother, not the Blue Child.

Whether the Earth Mother of myth really is Azeroth is also not at all clear. That may just be the Tauren adjusting their myths to fit new information.

An'she is the second eye of the Earth Mother, not the Blue Child.

Whether the Earth Mother of myth really is Azeroth is also not at all clear. That may just be the Tauren adjusting their myths to fit new information.
    Ah, either way, sun and moon lol. I mean, like I said, their religion doesn't have to be what it actually is. Mu'sha is basically Elune, and reminder that what the Humans once considered to be "the gods" when putting faith in the Light was actually just them praising the Naaru. Of course the Earth Mother ideals can fit within the whole Azeroth Titan thing. No reason why it shouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Wouldn't work that way for a "sister". Close friend maybe, but not adopted or created. Neither of those cases would be a sister. It's fairly clear they were both created by the first ones somehow.
    In an american religion. The Sun creates his Brother the Moon because he felt alone.

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    In an american religion. The Sun creates his Brother the Moon because he felt alone.
    That would be his son then by the closest definition of the word. You can say brother all you want, but that would define a parent/child relationship.

Hence in most media when someone "creates" a girlfriend/wife it's considered trashy.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    That would be his son then by the closest definition of the word. You can say brother all you want, but that would define a parent/child relationship.

Hence in most media when someone "creates" a girlfriend/wife it's considered trashy.
    Makes sense.
    But in religion it is the brother not the son.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    I'm genuinely surprised people didn't think it was Elune... I can't remember the exact quest phrase, but it seemed overly familial to be referring to someone as distant as the titans.
    They're hung up on the Eonar connection to Ysera and Alexstrasza and continue to headcanon their way around the obvious. I mean, for chrissake, the Titans are literally born from planets. To believe the Winter Queen is sister to Eonar is to believe the two were born either from sister planets or were a unique "twin" world soul within the same planet and that still doesn't begin to explain how a Titan, a being of order, ends up, for lack of a better term, exiled to the planes of Death. It makes hilariously less sense than the obvious that was right in front of our faces but, when the lore in general reads like a fanfic shitshow lately, disbelief in the logical is understandable.
    Last edited by Nero Duskwind; 2021-05-03 at 08:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Did anyone not know this for sure before?
    It was obvious from minute 1 even if your only contact with the lore was cinematics on youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Eonar being a priestess of Elune is actually a pretty good bet. I like that.
    Besides the Titans themselves Eonar literally created all life on the planets. Why would a literal god worship something else lol. Eonar created Freya and empowered her and Freya created the Emerald dream which is connected to Ardenweld. Freya also empowered Ysera and the aspects with Eonars power. Even lady Moonberry said in the cinematic if Ysera dies then the Emerald dream dies as well. Nobody not even Ysera could change the Emerald dream only Freya and Eonar could. Eonar can restore life to any being or human or animal with out them going to the shadowlands or Ardenweld. Eonar also hid on the planet Elunaria which some believe is the world soul she was born from.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Duskwind View Post
    They're hung up on the Eonar connection to Ysera and Alexstrasza and continue to headcanon their way around the obvious. I mean, for chrissake, the Titans are literally born from planets. To believe the Winter Queen is sister to Eonar is to believe the two were born either from sister planets or were a unique "twin" world soul within the same planet and that still doesn't begin to explain how a Titan, a being of order, ends up, for lack of a better term, exiled to the planes of Death. It makes hilariously less sense than the obvious that was right in front of our faces but, when the lore in general reads like a fanfic shitshow lately, disbelief in the logical is understandable.
    calling someone a sister or brother doesnt always mean a blood relative from the same 2 parents
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

God I pray you guys realize Eonar is a being of Order, meaning while Life is her pursuit, she’s not at all a personification of it

10+ Year Old Account
    There is so little we know about the Eternal Ones and the First Ones and the whole history of the Shadowlands that everything you wrote could still be true. I mean, Sargeras, a being of Order, was leading the denizen of the plane of Disorder. And some of these demons we now learn were originally from the plane of Death. And since Elune is the Winter Queen's sister, we now have a being of Life (or is it Light) who is related to a being of Death. So there was nothing so outlandish if the Winter Queen had been in the beginning a Titan with a similar agenda to Eonar.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

5+ Year Old Account
    When I first played through I accidentally had the music muted, but when I ran an alt through today they even played a reprise of Nightsong or rather a leitmotif of it if you would. That song is heavily associated w/ Nightelves and Elune --> ( Or for some, Ysera's death if they never noticed it in revamped cata zones.) The signs were there tbh, I think that people just had their expectations higher than what was right in front of them. The same reprise still lingers in the area around the WQ's chambers after the quest, which implies some thematic connection to Elune/NEs for either herself or Ysera. It's still a hint either way
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

No idea where you got the assumption that the First Ones are a copy of the Titans.
    Because I can actually read and understand narrative themes, rather than defend unoriginal hack work.

I got the point just fine.
    Yet instead of debating the point, you simply deny it and use ad homs, since you can't actually defend your statements.

You’re just upset that your wanking of the Titans didn’t go to plan.
    So your argument is "you mad". Thank you for letting me know not to waste further time taking you seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I see what you are saying and agree to an extent. Mostly the implementation of big lore reveals, their impact, and if it's believable. But does it really matter where the inspiration for "new" lore, that overrides "old" lore, since no matter what it becomes canon and we have to deal with it? Is it that significantly bad?
    When it completely cheapens and denigrates the existing lore, yes it's bad. Tearing down existing characters and themes to build up others is bad fanfiction tier.
    Last edited by Feanoro; 2021-05-04 at 04:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Engal View Post
    Elune was always , in blizzard's mind, the powerhouse far above titans and old gods, even Sargeras.
    Keyword: was

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Danuser and his team don't even know about this book.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Holy Moly. i'm glad they toned down on the "religion" thing you liked so much. Keep that crap out of my game.
    Why? Religion in fantasy settings is pretty cool. If it's not used politically. It doesn't have to mirror the real world.

- - - Updated - - -

Eonar being a priestess of Elune is actually a pretty good bet. I like that.
    I'm not sure priestess is the right word when talking about a race whose members you can count on your hands, but i could buy her being a worshipper.
    I like both of these things. Anything that puts Elune higher on the power level scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Because I can actually read and understand narrative themes, rather than defend unoriginal hack work.

Yet instead of debating the point, you simply deny it and use ad homs, since you can't actually defend your statements.

So your argument is "you mad". Thank you for letting me know not to waste further time taking you seriously.

When it completely cheapens and denigrates the existing lore, yes it's bad. Tearing down existing characters and themes to build up others is bad fanfiction tier.
    Your only argument is that the new lore ruins everything the old lore established, when that's clearly not the case. And you saying "CAUSE I ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT I TALK ABOUT" isn't much of an argument if you can't prove it. Show me where in the old lore that the Titans created the entire framework of the Warcraft Universe, or that they ruled over Death itself, or other realms like that. Show me where the Titans in the new lore aren't as powerful as they were in the old lore, cause they're actually far more powerful in the new lore than in the old lore, since they're not divided by this Vanir and other race crap.

Sargeras being fucked over by the Void Lords is still the same, the Titans ordered Reality and helped shape entire galaxies, systems, etc across the entire multiverse (Like they have since the very beginning), and all that crazy jazz. Nothing about the Titans is downplayed, nothing is "ruined". I want you to actually read up on who the Titans actually fuckin were and are, before you bring up baseless assumptions like "OH, YOU'RE JUST DEFENDING IT FOR NO REASON!", when in reality it's...more than you probably think.

The Titans back in the day were the most powerful beings we knew. Yes. That much is true, and that much is fine. The same still kind of applies. However, that doesn't mean they're the pinnacle of ALL Warcraft Lore. They were the pinnacle of what we on Azeroth knew. Nothing more. So, when these First Ones come in, and it's stated that they're the great Architects of the entire Warcraft Universe (Which fits in the Bibles terminology of God perfect as he was the "Architect of All Existence"), I personally think it's fine, since the Titans were ALWAYS stated to be around when the Universe was first born. Hell, there were things Blizzard sprouted way back when on the Cosmos' creation, and none of them talked about the Titans being the big almighty creators of everything ever. But it did ponder the questions on whether or not the Big Bang came first, or an all-powerful deity/architect (Which, funny enough, are BOTH concepts Blizzard are using for Existences beginning, tho they seem to have the First Ones as the guys that came First, and they essentially Architected all of existence...or at least, that's what I'm getting from all this shit, ya know?). However, that doesn't include the Titans, as they always came soon after...which is the same thing as now.

So no. The First Ones are not "The Titans but better", nor do you actually get the actual memo, since...even the old lore kinda dismantles your little "Titans are the top gods in all of WoW" theory. Hell, even MoP had the Titans talk about their "fall" and shit like that. And prior to even MoP, the old lore had the Old Gods capable of dismantling Sargeras based on the WoTA trilogy and Krasus' statements, which just turned out to be plain wrong.

Sargeras and the Titans actually got boosted in the new lore, but their overall purpose remained the same the entire time. They brought Order to creation. They razed and decimated entire systems in 1 mortal heart beat. They NEVER made all existence, they NEVER ruled over the realms of Death, or Void, etc. Nothing has changed. The First Ones do NOT ruin the Titans and their importance. For the love of all that is holy, please understand that.

- - - Updated - - -

"You can't argue your points"

And when I finally argue my points, you and many others dismiss them as "OH, YOU'RE JUST DEFENDING BLIZZARD'S CURRENTLY WRITING" when that's not at all what I'm doing.

- - - Updated - - -

"SHOW ME WHERE IT'S STATED THE TITANS DID NOT COME FIRST AND WEREN'T THE GUYS THAT MADE EXISTENCE"

https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/w...f_the_Universe

Funny how this OLD ASS BOOK from the game is not at all contradicted in the new Lore. The only thing that's wacky is how they handled the Titans, seemingly making them an entire armada and empire of dudes that were led by the Pantheon, rather than...well...the small group known as the Pantheon we see today. So, maybe just contextualize it a bit? Either way, the OLD LORE gives the Titans the same purpose as the new Lore. To bring about Order and Stability to the Universe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Keyword: was

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Danuser and his team don't even know about this book.

- - - Updated - - -

Why? Religion in fantasy settings is pretty cool. If it's not used politically. It doesn't have to mirror the real world.

- - - Updated - - -

I like both of these things. Anything that puts Elune higher on the power level scale.
    I mean, Elune can be of any Pantheon and still affect multiple other Cosmic powers. Why does she need to be higher than guys like the Jailer, the Arbiter, or even someone like Aman'thul? She's got almost no impressive feats whatsoever.

- - - Updated - - -

And making a damn constellation out of Ysera isn't shit. The Titans casually do that and more in 1 singular mortal Heart beat.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and don't take my word for it. Take Algalon's. And I don't wanna hear this shit regarding "flowery language". The dude was literally talking about the Titans and their vast power, and why it's literally hopeless for us to stand against their rule, despite him not knowing they were dead at the time...tho him lacking emotion in the recent millennia maybe gave him an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    Besides the Titans themselves Eonar literally created all life on the planets. Why would a literal god worship something else lol. Eonar created Freya and empowered her and Freya created the Emerald dream which is connected to Ardenweld. Freya also empowered Ysera and the aspects with Eonars power. Even lady Moonberry said in the cinematic if Ysera dies then the Emerald dream dies as well. Nobody not even Ysera could change the Emerald dream only Freya and Eonar could. Eonar can restore life to any being or human or animal with out them going to the shadowlands or Ardenweld. Eonar also hid on the planet Elunaria which some believe is the world soul she was born from.
    There's a difference between a God and a sufficiently-advanced alien - they're just indistinguishable on Azeroth. Keep in mind that Cthulhu was also Azathoth's high priest.

Guys, the best move is to completely ignore the lore. The lore is utterly destroyed. Its a joke. Just pretend it doesn't exist.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

There's a difference between a God and a sufficiently-advanced alien - they're just indistinguishable on Azeroth. Keep in mind that Cthulhu was also Azathoth's high priest.
    except elune isnt a literal god. at least not as far as we know. so far, shes likely justas much an "advanced alien" as the titans or eternal ones.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.