Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Unhappy How do you feel about [SPOILERS] dying in 9.1? [Don't mouse over]

Spoilers below, you have been warned. Do NOT mouse over.

How do you feel about Sylvanas's story being put to rest in 9.1? Everything is pointing to her dying after the boss fight.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

If she dies, happy though thats an if, like most speculate she will likely not die but be put back on the shelf for later use, like Illidan and I guess Kaelthas.

We don't know if she dies or not. Hell, I'd argue the Sylvanas book (That releases AFTER the raid likely, btw) kinda destroys that "dying" argument.

Honestly? It doesn't matter one bit to me if she dies or not. Having the game focus on one singular character for three expansions like this is just insane.

Doesn't matter at all how her story is put to rest. Only thing that matters is it is put to rest and stays that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Honestly? It doesn't matter one bit to me if she dies or not. Having the game focus on one singular character for three expansions like this is just insane.

Doesn't matter at all how her story is put to rest. Only thing that matters is it is put to rest and stays that way.
    3 expansions?

That's not a spoiler because that's not confirmed. She is even getting a book coming out at the end of the year.

Legion she was nowhere after the intro cinematic, Stormheim/Helya raid.

"oh good finally, why did that have to take so damn long, that was nearly as bad as garrosh"

provided that they don't chicken out and pull some last-minute nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    3 expansions?
    Legion - Opening cinematic, becoming Warchief, making deals with Helya and getting them spoiled by Genn, Varimathras and his hints

BFA - Opening cinematic and revealing her brand new powers, Before the Storm book, setting the world tree ablaze, bombing the Undercity, making a deal with Azshara, killing Saurfang and team rocket blasting off again

SL - kicking Bolvar's ass, ripping the helm of domination in half and opening a rift into the Shadowlands, being the Jailer's prime puppet and turning Anduin into the nu-male Lich King, dying or probably team rocket blasting off again again.

Sylvanas died when she burned Teldrassil in a tantrum and the Horde died with her.
    We just haven't realized it yet.

I don't think she'll die. The Sylvanas book apparently reveals that Sylvanas' soul, like Uther's, has been split in two. What's the point of showing/doing that if not for redemption's sake?

"No one's ever really gone"....Luke Skywalker.

I'd be very surprised if Blizz actually has the cajones to kill her off, or do some comics shenanigans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion - Opening cinematic, becoming Warchief, making deals with Helya and getting them spoiled by Genn, Varimathras and his hints
    I can see it in the last 2 expansions, but didn't people actually bitch in Legion that Sylvanas was just "there", cause she was up for 1 questline (the Valkyr thing) and nothing else.

BFA - Opening cinematic and revealing her brand new powers, Before the Storm book, setting the world tree ablaze, bombing the Undercity, making a deal with Azshara, killing Saurfang and team rocket blasting off again

SL - kicking Bolvar's ass, ripping the helm of domination in half and opening a rift into the Shadowlands, being the Jailer's prime puppet and turning Anduin into the nu-male Lich King, dying or probably team rocket blasting off again again.
    But she wasn't a central plot device in Legion like she was in BFA/SL.
    Every thread is like entering an LFR with 5 stacks of determination. -Compstance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    Sylvanas died when she burned Teldrassil in a tantrum and the Horde died with her.
    We just haven't realized it yet.
    I do agree that it was a turn point for her, even if it just a turn point for her community and those that liked her.

I for one am totally looking forward to spoilers dying in 9.1.

Not sure how Blizz is going to pull it off, but spoilers have ruined the reveal to many fun things. Good riddance.

I am not sure actual dying is part of the warcraft universe. I mean you can always come up with some item, spell, alternate dimension, time travel, or any other sorted things that can bring people back in this realm.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Everything is pointing to her dying after the boss fight.
    Are we missing anything datamined from today's PTR build?

10+ Year Old Account
    Good riddance. BFA and SL ruined her character IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by HitPoint View Post
    But she wasn't a central plot device in Legion like she was in BFA/SL.
    she was still an important character. was she one of THE key players later on? no. but still important.
    she was part of the opening cinematic, she was part of a zone cinematic, and she was named FCKN WARCHIEF in legion.

legion definitely had focus on sylvanas for some part, and was the start for both BfA an SL. 3 expansions in a row definitely applies here.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.