Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It's not as odd as you might think. Pelosi could be trolling McCarthy.
    Probably going both ways; supporting Cheney and flipping the bird at McCarthy. Although I'd like to think it's an angry bird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Probably going both ways; supporting Cheney and flipping the bird at McCarthy.
    Enemy of my etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Enemy of my etc etc.
    An honest opponent is someone you can talk to. A Trump supporter isn't honest and only insists on Trump's way or no way.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    An honest opponent is someone you can talk to. A Trump supporter isn't honest and only insists on Trump's way or no way.
    There is no such thing as an honest Cheney. The enemy of my enemy may still be a fucking snake even if they're a useful temporary ally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    There is no such thing as an honest Cheney. The enemy of my enemy may still be a fucking snake even if they're a useful temporary ally.
    She is the honest one in this situation, which should highlight the predicament that Trumpism has left for the GOP. When neocons... ‘Iraq tried to kill my dad!’... are the grownups in the room...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    She is the honest one in this situation, which should highlight the predicament that Trumpism has left for the GOP. When neocons... ‘Iraq tried to kill my dad!’... are the grownups in the room...
    You don't actually have to pick either party as the "honest one". Liz Cheney is scum, she should be treated like scum, and her position on Trump is immaterial to the matter.

You don't actually have to pick either party as the "honest one". Liz Cheney is scum, she should be treated like scum, and her position on Trump is immaterial to the matter.
    Considering her position on Trump, is exactly why she is being targeted now, it is not immaterial to the matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m not... She is a Republican, I voted straight Democrat ticket *... it’s why I also said “in this situation”... Her being scum, while being honest, doesn’t leave much room for those lying. What’s lower than scum?

* I vote Bob Dole in uncontested. If everyone just skips one vote... I’d have Bob Dole elected as some nonsense in King County WA.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Considering her position on Trump, is exactly why she is being targeted now, it is not immaterial to the matter.
    She's a warmongering product of nepotism that's sufficiently bigoted to have alienated her own sister. That Republicans previously supported her is a problem with the Republican party. She should be left to drown.

10+ Year Old Account
    She's a warmongering product of nepotism that's sufficiently bigoted to have alienated her own sister. That Republicans previously supported her is a problem with the Republican party. She should be left to drown.
    What does it say about the GOP, when she is the voice of reason? She wasn’t a problem with GOP... she was the GOP... judging by current events, her ilk being pushed out, isn’t being replaced by better people.

Let her sink on her own faults, but you appear to try and get her to sink based on her one merit which doesn’t help anything.

You think that if you get rid of her based on the one good thing she did, they will replace her with someone better because of all the fucked up shit from before when that shit was WHY they supported her in the first place???

Your best bet is to lend her the credit she is due on this and force them to defend their stuff on the facts and then try and get her in the next election
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Let her sink on her own faults, but you appear to try and get her to sink based on her one merit which doesn’t help anything.

You think that if you get rid of her based on the one good thing she did, they will replace her with someone better because of all the fucked up shit from before when that shit was WHY they supported her in the first place???

Your best bet is to lend her the credit she is due on this and force them to defend their stuff on the facts and then try and get her in the next election
    I don't really care why she loses power, anything that pushes people like the Cheney family to the periphery of politics is a net plus. That anyone has decided that Cheney or Romney are people of integrity is just beyond absurd. These people are so phony that they make Marco Rubio look like a straight shooter.

10+ Year Old Account
    She's a warmongering product of nepotism that's sufficiently bigoted to have alienated her own sister.
    I just realized the irony of this line, in comparison to her opposition...

Trump’s Secret Rules for Drone Strikes and Presidents’ Unchecked License to Kill
    https://www.justsecurity.org/75980/t...cense-to-kill/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Trump

In secretly recorded audio, President Trump’s sister says he has ‘no principles’ and ‘you can’t trust him’
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...919_story.html

I don’t see why she is a problem for GOP, based on that description.

And yet, she is the one that isn't pushing the Qtard nonsense or the outright conspiracy theories that Biden is going to cut red meat by 90% like Fox News and McCarthy is pushing, or that the Kamala Harris book is being given out in care packages.

So, the warmongering product of nepotism, I mean you are almost describing Trump, except he is the one giving out the nepotism, and he is pretty warmongering himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really care why she loses power, anything that pushes people like the Cheney family to the periphery of politics is a net plus. That anyone has decided that Cheney or Romney are people of integrity is just beyond absurd. These people are so phony that they make Marco Rubio look like a straight shooter.
    But, it pushes in Trump, who based on your negative criteria... is the same... She doesn’t define the party, but this is a battle for Trump to define it.

No one is saying that they are good people or honest overall but you are shooting yourself in the foot here if you go down that logic.

Removing them for doing the right thing doesn’t magically replace them with someone else evil, the people who will replace them will be even more evil because you gave the signal that the evil stuff is acceptable because they got away with it and only got removed when they showed ethics.

If you want to actually have a positive change, you need them commended for this act but still held to account for the bad they’ve done.

You are quite literally doing the Republicans a favor on your line of thinking and enabling them to screw over people even more.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    We're talking about your decision to carry water for Trump, just like how you love to carry water for racists.

Your stance on Amtrak is rather irrelevant.
    Show me where I am carrying water for anyone, let alone Trump.

It is one of many areas you clearly have no idea what my stance is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    So, the warmongering product of nepotism, I mean you are almost describing Trump, except he is the one giving out the nepotism, and he is pretty warmongering himself.
    Fred Trump made Donald... that’s nepotism... without nepotism, there is no Trump Corporation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    This is semantics, playing off the difference between plurality and majority. This is not a perspective...
    That is a significant difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Show me where I am carrying water for anyone, let alone Trump.
    Check his posting history... note the amount of people he calls that... why does it still have meaning?