Christ, the absolute derangement of responding to the obvious reality that Cheney is evil with ranting about Trump being bad... too many of you are just off the deep end at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    That is a significant difference.
    No, it really isn’t. The difference is basic math... 2 are reflective of a majority, while 3+ are of a plurality. This is just dancing around basic math, as if there is a greater point.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    What's the ultimate point of this seemingly pointless semantics argument? The electoral college, which you like to bootlick, elected Clinton as the sitting president. He had more support than any other candidate, and from the overall way he handled our government - balancing the budget and presiding over one of the biggest economic booms in US history - he did something pretty much no other conservative candidate has ever managed to do but always promise. Balancing the budget and seeing some of the lowest unemployment ever. All while expanding liberal policy.

It's almost as if actual conservative policy just expands government debt and annihilates jobs, counter to their promises.

So, back to the original question, are you here simply to whinge about semantics, or do you have any kind of real point? Cause if not, it's time to move on.
    Electoral college victory is the victory that seats the President. It does not mean they have a mandate from the majority of voters. Perception.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    No one is saying that they are good people or honest overall but you are shooting yourself in the foot here if you go down that logic.

Removing them for doing the right thing doesn’t magically replace them with someone else evil, the people who will replace them will be even more evil because you gave the signal that the evil stuff is acceptable because they got away with it and only got removed when they showed ethics.

If you want to actually have a positive change, you need them commended for this act but still held to account for the bad they’ve done.

You are quite literally doing the Republicans a favor on your line of thinking and enabling them to screw over people even more.
    The Republican party tearing itself apart, starting with people like Cheney, is not a problem for me. If she's ousted for bad reasons, she's still ousted, I'll take it. I wouldn't expect sharp improvement, but on the margins, I would expect the median replacement to be preferable to Cheney.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Christ, the absolute derangement of responding to the obvious reality that Cheney is evil with ranting about Trump being bad... too many of you are just off the deep end at this point.
    I think this is a strange way to describe people who are simply contrasting her with the opposition. You are telling people they are off the deep end, because they are not treating her in a void.

Would it be easier to take... if people overtly agreed with you in your view of Cheney, then contrasted her with the opposition? Because the only part missing is the overt...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

The Republican party tearing itself apart, starting with people like Cheney, is not a problem for me. If she's ousted for bad reasons, she's still ousted, I'll take it. I wouldn't expect sharp improvement, but on the margins, I would expect the median replacement to be preferable to Cheney.
    The problem is that a Trump cultist replacing her is worse, dude. That's literally the whole point.

She's garbage, but she's the garbage we know and can at least work with a bit, and any Republican alternative will be worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    No, it really isn’t. The difference is basic math... 2 are reflective of a majority, while 3+ are of a plurality. This is just dancing around basic math, as if there is a greater point.
    50.1% is a majority. 35% can easily be a plurality. That is a significant difference.

50.1% is a majority. 35% can easily be a plurality. That is a significant difference.
    In the context of presidential elections, it's bloody not a significant difference. Everyone here except you seems to understand this.

10+ Year Old Account
    It’s not an improvement... that’s exactly what the people “going off the deep” end are trying to convey. Not even on the margins... but, worse in every regard.

- - - Updated - - -

With only one exception to the bold... can you name what that is?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    In the context of presidential elections, it's bloody not a significant difference. Everyone here except you seems to understand this.
    Too inflammatory... math is the way!

I don't really care why she loses power, anything that pushes people like the Cheney family to the periphery of politics is a net plus. That anyone has decided that Cheney or Romney are people of integrity is just beyond absurd. These people are so phony that they make Marco Rubio look like a straight shooter.
    So, who, in your opinion, in the GOP are good people? Because anyone else that is a senator or a congressman/woman, in that party are the people that would have gladly turned this country into a dictatorship to over turn the election to let Der Orange Gropenfuhrer reign for 4 more years.

Show me where I am carrying water for anyone, let alone Trump.

It is one of many areas you clearly have no idea what my stance is.
    That horse has been beaten to death, with mountains of evidence provided in the past.

We've covered it... many times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    She's garbage, but she's the garbage we know and can at least work with a bit, and any Republican alternative will be worse.
    Okay... now we even have the overt part down... lol

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    So, who, in your opinion, in the GOP are good people? Because anyone else that is a senator or a congressman/woman, in that party are the people that would have gladly turned this country into a dictatorship to over turn the election to let Der Orange Gropenfuhrer reign for 4 more years.
    This is what I'm rolling my eyes at so aggressively. It's all so absurd and tiresome. Have a good night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Der Orange Gropenfuhrer
    I might be flying off the deep end, but I can still see this is hilarious...

- - - Updated - - -

This is what I'm rolling my eyes at so aggressively. It's all so absurd and tiresome. Have a good night.
    But... but... but... I was cucumber man... why do people always focus on the inflammatory... other than that being the fun part... but.... why?!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I might be flying off the deep end, but I can still see this is hilarious...
    Reminds me of this;

Why would they improve at either the margins or the medians when you literally punished the ones for showing any ethics at all and are encourage them to be replaced with another who doesn’t show that ethics while actively being rewarded for being evil by the others who now want to remove the one who displayed ethics.

How do you think she will be removed by an improvement when you want to remove the Republican who actually showed an improvement?
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Again, the only reason that the GOP is trying to get rid of her, is because of her vote to impeach Trump. If they were getting rid of her for any other reason, to get someone in there that is OBJECTIVELY WORSE than her, you might have an argument. Like if she was outright racist with her speech, you would have a point. But the fact that she is against the shitbird that is Trump, makes her better than every other Republicans besides maybe Romney, at least he has the outline of a spine, compared the rest of the shitbags trying to get rid of her.

Pretending like Trump never happened must be exhausting. Probably for the best that you go get some sleep.

Your options are trump supporter or not a trump supporter.
    Pick one.
    But it won't be a democrat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't expect sharp improvement, but on the margins, I would expect the median replacement to be preferable to Cheney.
    Since when does the Republican party move to the median? All they do is go further and further right, the 'next man up' would probably be some flat-earth Q-anon slavery apologist child molester.
    /s