View Poll Results: If Marvel passed on the Black panther mantle to a Caucasian, would it be accepted?

Voters
34. This poll is closed
  • Absolutely, it should be encouraged

4 11.76%
  • Possibly

3 8.82%
  • Nope, not gonna happen

15 44.12%
  • Nope, it should never happen

12 35.29%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

If Marvel passed on the Black panther mantle to a Caucasian, would it be accepted?

If Marvel passed on the Black panther mantle to a Caucasian, would it be accepted, in terms of society?

I ask myself if that would be accepted and would it be cancelled, would it be revered.

What do you think?

I think this thread will be going places...

10+ Year Old Account
    Didnt realize that people still coypasta their favorite Stormfront threads on mmo-c.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    What do you think?
    I think, like a lot of your threads, you are trying too hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Marvel passed on the Black panther mantle to a Caucasian, would it be accepted, in terms of society?

I ask myself if that would be accepted and would it be cancelled, would it be revered.

What do you think?
    What would happen, being key here, I think people would flip out, I also think the same exact sort of racist would pop of the woodwork as those that would flip out of Superman were Asian.

I think change can be good, personally as burnt out and having low expectation for these films I would actually applaud it. People have the right to their expectations, they do not have the the right to have them fulfilled.

If the story makes sense and it's done well it shouldn't matter. The Black Panther isn't fucking real, it's a character, therefor the only thing that matters is the story and the production over all.

I mean it could be good like maybe he picks up the mantle an does the same thing with it, progresses the story further in a deeper and also meaningful way.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2021-05-05 at 03:53 AM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

"Leave now, and never come back!"
    -Smeagol.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Didnt realize that people still coypasta their favorite Stormfront threads on mmo-c.
    The old regime in this place pretty much gave the opening to turn this place into Stormfront 2.0 Those that came over never went away and still attempting it.

Captain America's identity isn't intrinsically linked to his race or ethnicity. A white Caucasian male is not synonymous with America. Nor is America a representation of the "last bastion" of a continent ruined by colonialism.

Wakanda and the Black Panther fill a different mythological role in the Marvel universe than America and Captain America do, so while the race of Black Panther matters, the race of Captain America doesn't.

Nevertheless, Bucky is being set up in the MCU as White Wolf. In the comics White Wolf was the white adopted son of King Tchalla and a protector of Wakanda. Later he became villain. It's unlikely Bucky will become a villain, but he will fill the role of a white citizen in Wakanda, defending Wakanda.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Given that black panther is tied directly into culture and blood line it wouldn’t work unless there started to be some mixed baby’s but then they would still be black.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I think, like a lot of your threads, you are trying too hard.
    Have other people noticed these are TheramoreIsTheBomb threads?
    • The phrasing is the same.
    • The structure of the dumb questions are the same.
    • Ghosting their own polls, also the same.

Wouldn't make sense since it's an African fictional country of... you know, Africans, that BP hails from.

Plus I ain't a fan of altering the ethnicity of well established characters for 'reasons'.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Given that black panther is tied directly into culture and blood line it wouldn’t work unless there started to be some mixed baby’s but then they would still be black.
    Which highlights the fundamental issue with racism. We never say that mix raced children are "half white".

If you ain't white enough to pass white, you ain't white. Sometimes even passing white is not enough.

I can't see them making that work story-wise. The person would have to be Wakandian, they would have to jump through hoops to somehow make that happen.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Which highlights the fundamental issue with racism. We never say that mix raced children are "half white".

If you ain't white enough to pass white, you ain't white. Sometimes even passing white is not enough.
    Pretty much ya. The only way to actually pull off a white black panther wouldn’t even work as you’d have people on both sides saying there just black if they weren’t white passing and likely even if they were.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I can't see them making that work story-wise. The person would have to be Wakandian, they would have to jump through hoops to somehow make that happen.
    Not many hoops actually wakandian’s aren’t bares from marrying outsiders storm from the xmen was queen for a time.

Only if it's Deadpool, since that's canonical.

10+ Year Old Account

What do you think?
    Story-wise, it wouldn't make sense. The rule of the Black Panther belongs to Wakanda and its people. Tied to a bloodline of people. The closest chance for that is in the far future, a caucasian mix happens.

There is a far-fetched chance that an alternate earth could have one, though.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2021-05-05 at 06:30 AM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Captain America's identity isn't intrinsically linked to his race or ethnicity. A white Caucasian male is not synonymous with America. Nor is America a representation of the "last bastion" of a continent ruined by colonialism.

Wakanda and the Black Panther fill a different mythological role in the Marvel universe than America and Captain America do, so while the race of Black Panther matters, the race of Captain America doesn't.

Nevertheless, Bucky is being set up in the MCU as White Wolf. In the comics White Wolf was the white adopted son of King Tchalla and a protector of Wakanda. Later he became villain. It's unlikely Bucky will become a villain, but he will fill the role of a white citizen in Wakanda, defending Wakanda.
    If they can bend the gender, race and even species of a North European God like Tor, which has deep roots in belief and Nordic culture then why not a African? Besides, there are white people living in Africa too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't it be White Panther then?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Wouldn't it be White Panther then?
    pink panther m8

5+ Year Old Account
    Weĺl, bucky is the only one in wakanda who is a mutant, add the suit on top of that...

Aren't aĺl the supe flowers burnt by killmonger so there will never be a new regular panther again anyways?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    pink panther m8
    that was my favorite show!

- - - Updated - - -

Uhm, the people of South America want their South American non-African kitteh back...

Its really a black puma, common to the americas (not africa)

Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-05-05 at 08:09 AM.