Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    I didn't say there wouldn't be rewards, but you don't need to tie player power to a feature for people to do it. That's just a clear fallacy.

Pets, mounts, and even transmogs could be tied to the increased difficulties and plenty of people would do it. There's literally hundreds of old armor recolors just sitting in the game's files they could use. Just look at Anima in SL, you quite literally do not need it as it's entirely an optional currency yet loads of people farm it regularly because they want the things it can purchase.
    Here's the problem. Your idea is good on paper but for a lot of the wow community the situation with content is as follows.

Does it exist but offers no power? If so it might as well just not exist.

Does it exist and offers player power? If so then it is an obligatory chore.

There is no in between for most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Here's the problem. Your idea is good on paper but for a lot of the wow community the situation with content is as follows.

Does it exist but offers no power? If so it might as well just not exist.

Does it exist and offers player power? If so then it is an obligatory chore.

There is no in between for most people.
    It's basically Torghast in a nutshell.

I personally am not the biggest friend of the whole world scaling with you anyway. I come from games in the past where there are certain areas that you can smash after leveling up, and others that are considered "end game". In WoW, your character is already getting massively weaker as you level up, until you get gear that makes you a god again.

The open world experience is already awkward as it is. What purpose would it serve to make things even more awkward?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    It's basically Torghast in a nutshell.

I personally am not the biggest friend of the whole world scaling with you anyway. I come from games in the past where there are certain areas that you can smash after leveling up, and others that are considered "end game". In WoW, your character is already getting massively weaker as you level up, until you get gear that makes you a god again.

The open world experience is already awkward as it is. What purpose would it serve to make things even more awkward?
    Simple. You can't smash through it while someone who is leveling reaches the point and can't tag anything. Which prior to scaling people literally did to troll others. Because it's all about the epeen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Simple. You can't smash through it while someone who is leveling reaches the point and can't tag anything. Which prior to scaling people literally did to troll others. Because it's all about the epeen.
    Was that such a wide spread problem of people wasting also their own time by killing low level mobs, just to troll others?

Sounds like a good idea on paper to design challenging outdoor content.
    But then when you come to the realization that blizzard always designs things to be played for 20min a day every day for 2months...

Tbh, when the game is designed in that way, its gonna suck regardless but its gonna suck even more if the content is also challenging.

Case in point. 5masked horrific visions.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good idea, make +1/+2/+3/+4 etc. difficulty instances. If players choose +1 difficulty, they will transferred to that instance with others who have chosen that difficulty. The reward will also subsequently increase. Could be a good motivation for more group open world activities.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    As pointed out above by @deenman and @MoanaLisa....the inbetween is the totally optional Ironman challenge that does indeed have ppl doing it
    Not generally enough to really consider investing resources into it that could be focused on something else. Sure there's people who will do it for the sake of doing it (Twisting Corridors). But is it really worth it?

We have them. They're called Warmode and Super Weenie Hut Jr. mode. :P

(which of these it is in retail depends on the day for me I just love the machinima)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Before you knee-jerk reply from reading the title alone, give me a chance to explain myself. I know I'm probably in the minority of people who would even care about this.

I'm a casual. I enjoy leveling more than tryharding in the endgame. The leveling in Shadowlands is certainly better than back in BfA, but it's still not stimulating and challenging enough to really enjoy.

One thing I'd really like is a kind of Warmode-like opt-in system where you can choose from a set of difficulties in the talent pane next to the Warmode button, that increases the difficulty of the outdoor PvE world but offers greater rewards, exactly like Warmode. If you think about it, Warmode is already a kind of level 2 difficulty to the outdoor game by introducing the player element, and offers greater rewards because of this.

Right now even without wearing any heirlooms I am just breezing through mobs and sometimes kill them before even completing a single basic rotation. I just want this system extended to PvE fully so the niche of people like me can be satisfied. I hate the fact that if you want any sort of challenge in WoW, it's gotta be inside an instance.
    There should be only one difficulty for all players and that difficulty should be hard.

Or they could just make the outdoor game more difficult in general, without worrying about this mythical straw man player that wants and NEEDS all aspects of the game to be braindead, or they cry tears of blood and quit.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Before you knee-jerk reply from reading the title alone, give me a chance to explain myself. I know I'm probably in the minority of people who would even care about this.

I'm a casual. I enjoy leveling more than tryharding in the endgame. The leveling in Shadowlands is certainly better than back in BfA, but it's still not stimulating and challenging enough to really enjoy.

One thing I'd really like is a kind of Warmode-like opt-in system where you can choose from a set of difficulties in the talent pane next to the Warmode button, that increases the difficulty of the outdoor PvE world but offers greater rewards, exactly like Warmode. If you think about it, Warmode is already a kind of level 2 difficulty to the outdoor game by introducing the player element, and offers greater rewards because of this.

Right now even without wearing any heirlooms I am just breezing through mobs and sometimes kill them before even completing a single basic rotation. I just want this system extended to PvE fully so the niche of people like me can be satisfied. I hate the fact that if you want any sort of challenge in WoW, it's gotta be inside an instance.
    Yes, i think in fact the baseline needs to become more ... nuanced. Not necessarily difficult but they need to add better abilities to mobs, dodgeable skills, more interruptables, LOS gameplay. That way players will actually learn how to play WHILE leveling instead of it being a chore before endgame where skill matters. If players could level faster by using their whole kit they would become better players. At the moment its just rush through everything but if you could shave off minutes by interrupting or dodging you WOULD do it.

Yes and then add difficulty options that either give you leveling rewards or end-game currency, i like challenging content when its rewarded, difficulty for the sake of it will never be touched. If enemies had 50% more HP but gave 50% more XP id take it right away.

Im one of the players that love torghast, i love the single player mode with higher difficulty that rewards skill expression that i dont need to spend time on recruiting strangers to play with. Id love to see the torghast gameplay applied to the open world (mobs with skills that you need to play around)

If leveling was more like torghast id love it.

Honestly i do see a possible future for this, but with a caveat: it would split up the population and might make the world seem dead for some.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

You guys are not speaking in the language that blizzard board of directors can understand.

You have to speak in mobile game terms, maybe give them an example, something like :

Outdoor engagement activity of users of the app should be modeled like scenario from summoners war, after you finish normal, you do it again in hard and you do it again in hell.

Board director: summoners war you say, isnt it that the mobile apps that made a korean company lots of money with as little investment as possible? Ion, implement this immediately.

They would have to figure out a way to turn it into a esport first like all the others changes

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want fun, difficulty is relative to the person playing the game. If the content is easy for you maybe try to help those that don't have such an easy time as you get better.

There are too many difficulty modes in the game already which causes massive power creep within a single Tier, let alone the lifetime of an expansion.

Would love it. We already have 7 methods to gear up, why not an 8th? And the original?

You could probably do it with endgame World Quests but not the entire outdoor world itself, certainly not for leveling. Now procedurally generated World Quests as story based, outdoor Scenarios, with tiered difficulty/rewards? I'd be willing to try that.
    Last edited by Roujeaux; 2021-05-06 at 10:56 PM.
    "Warlocks are the class that gives

we give all our spells and abilities to other classes"

- Bamboozer, from the Official WoW Warlock Forum

The last time the community had ideas about open world content, they said world quests sucked. Blizz heard you guys, so they revamped them to make them more "engaging" by adding several steps to a single world quest and increasing difficulty which upset just about everyone.

This is another one of those ideas.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Seems like this would be a waste of resources.

They specifically moved away from 'hard' outdoor leveling content for a reason. Even the world bosses are pretty face roll.

What benefit would it have? It's not a new style of gameplay (like pet battling), its legitimately just adding a few extra digits to the hp and dmg numbers.

People wouldn't know what to do if the mobs all acted like the AI driven mobs from BfA's Islands, though even they are easily exploitable.
    This makes me think: it'd be hilarious if mobs-with-AI eventually figure out "we'll live the longest if we just hide and flee" and started kiting players.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.