Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Early in the pandemic, Bobby shared his personal phone number with all Blizzard employees in case they needed anything
    LOL can they quit pandering to the people who are jealous of his fat bank account. Who cares if he got a huge bonus.

They are trying so hard to fix his "image" who cares let people be jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Every expansion is just way more frontloaded now. The subscriber peak for each expansion now is the release date / month and after that it’s in steady decline. Expansion don’t have longevity anymore, they peak on launch day / week / month and then the only way is down, down, down. 24h or first week sales, while being impressive, mean and tell us nothing.
    Classic was the same way.

It’s pretty normal for a game series that has reached market saturation, basically anyone that most likely would ever want to try a game like WoW already has.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Launch Day sales also count pre orders from the 6 months prior. A lot less impressive when your launch day is 182 days long.
    Still higher than any game prior which also had preorders, including their last record with Diablo 3, both of which have only been outmatched by Cyberpunk 2077.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ketsui View Post
    How do you pronounce “ Bilibili ” the company that will be broadcasting it in China
    bee-lee-bee-lee

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    "Early in the pandemic, Bobby shared his personal phone number with all Blizzard employees in case they needed anything"

There is no fucking way that actually happened. Just confirms what I already believed, that these "quarterly reports" is just the company spinning bad news as positively as possible and cherry picking numbers that make them look good.

Perfect example: 7% increased revenue with no mention of profit. The company is in shambles right now but they just want you to look at the 7% revenue increase as an indicator that everything is peachy!
    i mean it likely did, as lying to your share holders is literally illegal, and doing so can easily form the downfall of an entire company.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gouca View Post
    More developers is what we truly need in the absence of support staff to resolute existing issues like blatant botting in WoW, +7 days ticket queues and zero live chat / phone support.
    zero live chat? I literally just had a live chat last night when i couldnt find an item in my item restore...
    maybe you just dont know where it is?
    Also yeah phone support ended cause it was bullshit, people abused it and its much easier to type then talk on the phone, i will not tell you how many times ive spoken to someone and just not had the guts to go "sorry your phone is shit i cant understand anything" or "sorry your accent is way too strong for me"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Bobby shared his number in case anyone needed anthing.

Yeah how about you split that 200 million bonus amongst your employees who actually did the work, you squalid fucking slug.
    they do, its called a christmas bonus they get every year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Blizzard down 5 million MAUs from the same time last year. Not the greatest endorsement of Shadowlands.
    Reminder, wow is not blizzards ONLY game...
    reminder overwatch has not had new content in literally forever.
    and starcraft, hots, and diablo have been bassicly abandonded, until their sequals come out...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Uhmm... people who want to develop video games?

Putting ATVI on your resume is actually a pretty solid bullet point as they are one of the biggest companies in the industry.
    You believe it? xD Even EA is not that bad as Activision, so is beyond me why go to Activision.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    You believe it? xD Even EA is not that bad as Activision, so is beyond me why go to Activision.
    how is EA better then activision? what are you even basing it off of?

If you believe "Shadowlands continued to drive strong results" PR speech you're exactly the intended nu-WoW audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Gouca View Post
    More developers is what we truly need in the absence of support staff to resolute existing issues like blatant botting in WoW, +7 days ticket queues and zero live chat / phone support.
    Odd, my ticket in European servers got answered and resolved in less than 24hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You're certainly a good example with your directly contradicting their announcements.
    I must have missed the part where they said MAUs for retail have gone up from the same time last year, perhaps you could quote it for me.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    If you believe "Shadowlands continued to drive strong results" PR speech you're exactly the intended nu-WoW audience.
    From value added services. Meaning while the user number went down, they managed to get a king's ransom from the cash shop.

Well let them have their profit. If they were clever enough to figure out what appels to the masses, I won't begrudge it from them. Meanwhile, I'll play games I actually enjoy. Everyone's happy.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    In wrath i didnt play alts much,my main was done pretty quickly,pve and pvp wise,these days you are in a constant forced chore mode,back then you were actualy done fairly quickly if you were decent

by done i mean complete character
    Indeed. Today it is an endless list of crap to do before your character can compete with others... no matter how skilled you are, no maxed out borrowed powers? no cake.

Before, skills were always above all systems and even gear in some cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Meow View Post
    bee-lee-bee-lee
    He looks like a stereotypical gold hungry goblin, even his name fits.

Don't really care about that kind of stuff. If anything about this makes me feel anything at all it's that the game is still going good and it's gonna be around for years to come. I'm glad because I can just keep playing in peace

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    I'm wondering how each new WoW expansion somehow does so much better than the last. Like, from every metric available to player it seems to be on a steady decline, even ignoring all the vitriole behind the community, it genuinly doesn't appear to be growing (though no falling as fast as people say).

Like are they using some weird metric?
    This is the issue of forum reality vs. actual reality. Wow is not in decline, it's just doomsaying by toxic people who have been doing that for years now as well, it's nothing new.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Classic was the same way.

It’s pretty normal for a game series that has reached market saturation, basically anyone that most likely would ever want to try a game like WoW already has.
    You know we are over 7 billion on Earth, right? Many who´d like to try it might not even know about it yet. It happens.

Also.. sorry but what the fuck? lol Classic was not the same, not at all. In fact, classic is the opposite. It kept gaining subs by the day... They did not even expect it to ever go over 200K players, ended up with over 2 million instead.. only to keep raising through the next whole two expansions and go over 11 million.

These threads still don't disappoint. Pretty much haven't changed in 13 +years except the expansion title and competition names along with the doomsayers saying its proof the game is failing.
    WoW is still doing well. Not amazing or world changing, but well enough to still be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    I think its engagement that has grown,wotlk may have peaked at 12m,but likely far less people played overall,because honestly...there wasnt shit to do

- - - Updated - - -

no1 is forcing you to buy tokens for that,its LITERALY pointless for anyone that isnt going for world first,and those guys make their money back anyways,personaly i play the game and gear up by clearing content,do you also use hacks in every game you play to get an advantage?
    nO OnE is FORcinG yOu is not exactly the best defense of P2W mechanic
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    You know we are over 7 billion on Earth, right? Many who´d like to try it might not even know about it yet. It happens.

Also.. sorry but what the fuck? lol Classic was not the same, not at all. In fact, classic is the opposite. It kept gaining subs by the day... They did not even expect it to ever go over 200K players, ended up with over 2 million instead.. only to keep raising through the next whole two expansions and go over 11 million.
    Vanilla =/= Classic. I believe they are referring to the classic re-release where the subs jumped massively at launch and dropped way off pretty soon after.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    nO OnE is FORcinG yOu is not exactly the best defense of P2W mechanic
    Its not P2W. Its a way for people to easily get gold and others who know how to make gold easily to get cheaper or free subscriptions. Theres nothing locked behind buying tokens/gold that cant be earned at the same or similar pace in game if you have the skill and know how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    Its not P2W. Its a way for people to easily get gold and others who know how to make gold easily to get cheaper or free subscriptions. Theres nothing locked behind buying tokens/gold that cant be earned at the same or similar pace in game if you have the skill and know how to do it.
    Yes it is and no amount of personally charged denial will alter that. The moment you insert in real money to obtain benefit for gameplay it turns into P2W.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    Vanilla =/= Classic. I believe they are referring to the classic re-release where the subs jumped massively at launch and dropped way off pretty soon after.

- - - Updated - - -

My bad, I always forget that. I keep calling vanilla classic.