Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbolt View Post
    Original TBC prepatch was 46 days. If this is true people will have 14 days to level their shamans and paladins?
    Isn't it better than not being able to level them at all in prepatch like it was in original TBC?

Quote Originally Posted by neescher View Post
    Yeah it kinda sucks that you can't play the game unless you're max level and max professions on day 1...
    Blizzard said they were giving people time to level their blood elves and draeneis so they could join their friends in Outland. 2 weeks is absolutely not enough time for the average person with a life to level from 1 to 58.

I would be quite surprised if June 1st was true and we only get a couple of weeks pre-patch.

Quote Originally Posted by neescher View Post
    Yeah it kinda sucks that you can't play the game unless you're max level and max professions on day 1...
    Well you can't play the game if you aren't level 58 at least...

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Well you can't play the game if you aren't level 58 at least...
    You can play wow at any level.

10+ Year Old Account
    not when your friends are in AQ40 or Naxx and you're slogging through Deadmines
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    not when your friends are in AQ40 or Naxx and you're slogging through Deadmines
    Classic it's not about the end game. It's about the journey to 60.

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    Classic it's not about the end game. It's about the journey to 60.
    The journey to 60 lasted me 6 days played. I have 95 days played in classic.

Wanna do the math here?
    Last edited by tikcol; 2021-05-05 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Blizzard said they were giving people time to level their blood elves and draeneis so they could join their friends in Outland. 2 weeks is absolutely not enough time for the average person with a life to level from 1 to 58.

I would be quite surprised if June 1st was true and we only get a couple of weeks pre-patch.
    Keep in mind they're releasing it as 2.3.5 which also significantly cut the exp requirements for leveling 1-60. With that significant cut, 2 weeks -is- technically a lot of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Isn't the idea of a Classic release to preserve the game as much as it was back then for it to be as closely as #nochanges as possible?
    In that way why are people advocating that 2 weeks is not enough time to level a Belf or a Dranei? When TBC launched you had no time beforehand to level them up. The fact that they are doing that doesn't it go against the spirit of it all?
    Is it #nochanges and no way else, except when it suits me?

Its super odd how they arent adressing this leak at all.

I mean i get it if it was just some outside source because you could always brush that off. But on their own launcher and to then just ignore it.

its really odd to me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maell View Post
    Isn't the idea of a Classic release to preserve the game as much as it was back then for it to be as closely as #nochanges as possible?
    In that way why are people advocating that 2 weeks is not enough time to level a Belf or a Dranei? When TBC launched you had no time beforehand to level them up. The fact that they are doing that doesn't it go against the spirit of it all?
    Is it #nochanges and no way else, except when it suits me?
    No the nochanges crowd was a vocal minority. It was indeed the idea with classic vanilla but people have accepted that the game is better and more authentic with changes

Oof, I really expected a concrete release date announcement yesterday and all we got was "in the next months"... this doesn't make me hopeful that we'll see TBC June. The June 1 release date is out of question now, if that would be it, we would have heard it yesterday instead of "in the next months".
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    No the nochanges crowd was a vocal minority. It was indeed the idea with classic vanilla but people have accepted that the game is better and more authentic with changes
    Fair enough. #somechanges is the way to go then.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    The journey to 60 lasted me 6 days played. I have 95 days played in classic.

Wanna do the math here?
    That is your problem, what is the rush?
    It is a fact that classic or vanilla was about exploring Azeroth, not about end game content so much.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    That is your problem, what is the rush?
    It is a fact that classic or vanilla was about exploring Azeroth, not about end game content so much.
    How was it a rush? Why can you decide what is classic for other people? I'm not saying leveling isn't part of it. For me it was barely 5% of the journey.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    How was it a rush? Why can you decide what is classic for other people? I'm not saying leveling isn't part of it. For me it was barely 5% of the journey.
    I don´t decide it, it is the way the game was created. You can literally check interviews with the very creators of the game, where they say so lol. The game was not intended towards end game, end games was originally just a part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Only 2 weeks of prepatch to level character and professions absolutely sucks. Not everyone has 10 hours a day of time to play :/
    But many has money to pay for a 58 boost xD

The 58boost is but the first babystep of a long line of planned features for blizz to milk the playerbase for money while at the same time claiming to "keeping the spirit of the game" while actually ruining it completely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbolt View Post
    Original TBC prepatch was 46 days. If this is true people will have 14 days to level their shamans and paladins? I know several people that will be pissed because of this, personally, I dont mind at all though. And since this is wow and MMO-C I figured I would start the negativity for yall this time around.
    I can think of a number of ppl that are very happy because of this. Infact, two groups are probably very happy right now.

The first group is blizzard wich are planning to strong-arm players into buying a 58boost.

The other group are all the mages who plan to make bank boosting desperate people who has no other way to reach 60 "in time" than being boosted.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    I don´t decide it, it is the way the game was created. You can literally check interviews with the very creators of the game, where they say so lol. The game was not intended towards end game, end games was originally just a part of it.
    So what? They failed at that vision big time then

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Only 2 weeks of prepatch to level character and professions absolutely sucks. Not everyone has 10 hours a day of time to play :/
    Such a pity! They should've just stuck to the original TBC release schedule and made them available on day 1 of TBC..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    The first group is blizzard which are planning to strong-arm players into buying a 58boost.
    The boost doesn't work on the new Races. So your point is wrong straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Such a pity! They should've just stuck to the original TBC release schedule and made them available on day 1 of TBC..

- - - Updated - - -

The boost doesn't work on the new Races. So your point is wrong straight away.
    But it works on all the other races and classes
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Such a pity! They should've just stuck to the original TBC release schedule and made them available on day 1 of TBC.
    That'd be fine by me. But, of course, adjustments would have to be made. Yeah, every tom, dick, harry and their grandmothers weren't loaded with gold and raid gear during original release, so guess what that would mean? That's right, remove most gold and gear to match original realistic numbers. Wait, it didn't end there. Majority of players didn't reach 60 during actual vanilla, so that would need to be the case again. Not only would many lose gold and gear, levels would be gone too. 1% or so are allowed naxx clear.

So, mirror of original release sure has my vote. That's even better way of letting belves and draeneis close the massive gap there currently is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.