Poll: Different gear for different role?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    I am imagining the utter awfulness that would ensue if this became a thing again. Blechhh.
    I was giving it as an example of a mechanism that you could play around to manage mana. I was not and do not advocate its return.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    But if you take away say mastery on a piece and slap mp5 on it it will be useless as a leather piece for everyone but restodrudis.
    Poor Mistweavers, always forgotten.

If you want less tanks and healers available then by all means. Otherwise we need to keep it as easy as possible for people to jump to tanking or healing in order to keep the queue times down. I personally usually play something that can do a secondary role so I can help speed up making groups. If I had to farm full tank gear before doing so swapping from DPS then I would probably just never tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    I was giving it as an example of a mechanism that you could play around to manage mana. I was not and do not advocate its return.

- - - Updated - - -

Poor Mistweavers, always forgotten.
    Mist.... what?

True forgot about them^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Then i did not see those threads^^

I am not opposed to more and more diverse stats. Just making gear useless for another spec again... like spirit and hit in the old sense. If spirit would come back and do more than just give you mp5 you could use it also as say moonkin and feral. Or like a tertiary stat that lets you take less magic damage. Or slow selfhealing infight.
    But if you take away say mastery on a piece and slap mp5 on it it will be useless as a leather piece for everyone but restodrudis. And while it would not be as bad as in the past due to personal loot it could still happen, that you get a piece of armor that no one can use at the second kill. Like druid set pieces in classic. Useless^^
    Give us 2 or 3 new stats. No objections from me. Just... don't make those stats 100% useless for certain specs.
    I think we can 100% agree on this
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Bruh, it was bad enough carting around a full healing, tank, and dps set god forbid you're a druid :P

There just needs to be more stats! When there's only 4 stats, and often times Mastery/Vers does the same fucking thing, so only 3 stats, it's boring as hell.

If "punishment reduction" stats like hit and expertise doesn't come back and its only positive stats that add something. Choosing between spirit or a raw throughput stat was interesting. More spam or more conserve mana type of gameplay choices. Etc.