Poll: Rate Shadowlands

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    ah yes the famed non-raid content of wrath.

The notoriously challengeing dungeons... oh wait... the dungs that we blitzed throu while still in tbc gear...

But the long ardous repgrind... oh wait.. the thing we got as a side reward from just running dungs and was done in a week or two..

But the profession grind! So long and.... wait a sec, there was none, we got all recepies from a vendor and we were done in a day...

Just what kind of content did you play in wrath that wasn't raids honestly? Wintergrasp?, that place where one faction had 20ppl with 20 tenacity buffs and the other faction having 200ppl? I get arenas, but that might be the only thing that wasn't butchered content wise. But after having dinged 80, what did you do and what did you find so great?
    Actually JC and Inscription had a very painful crafting recipe grind. Stupid drop rates and dailies to get recipes was one of my most hated parts of Wrath as my Paladin was my JC, still never got all the recipes for him as CBF doing the dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    I would give it a much higher rating instantaneously () if I could get a mog like this in Torghast. (I usually wait to rate an expansion anyways until I see all the content) Of course make it black to fit in the theme there. (Different colours would be fantastic too tho, but just sayin') Then they could add a little chain belt with a skull or something to accessorize it. Still I would like as a separate item so we can have just a nice, simple, sleek dress. This isn't that risque or whatever people would make you believe. I seen dresses with much bigger slits, it's moderate and beautiful. I would love to see my girls with a gown like this ingame. I'm getting hopes we might be getting mogs..

I'm happy the guys will be getting some cool maw looking armors. I been trying to be supportive of this for a while. Happy people are actually getting something. I shouldn't jinx it tho. The reality none of the characters I like to play fit in with that theme tho.. so I figured I would try and ask/show something I would like ingame. I don't doubt they can start doing mogs like this due to the amount of detail on NPCs armor and the store mog.
    nice dress. Ill take that but only if they also throw in a real archetypical wizard robe. The cloaks we have now as way too small!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    Actually JC and Inscription had a very painful crafting recipe grind. Stupid drop rates and dailies to get recipes was one of my most hated parts of Wrath as my Paladin was my JC, still never got all the recipes for him as CBF doing the dailies.
    oh yeah thats actually true, we got 1 recepie a day from the daily stuff. The had to pick wisely wich one we wanted from the vendor. id actually forgotten about that.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Shadowlands is...ok? It's boring as fuck though. Soulbinds and Conduits are far less annoying than people claim, really. Gear Drops in Raids are irritating, World Quests are bland and uninspired (Like always lol) + being downright worthless, and it just seems like there's nothing going on atm, even in patch 9.1 outside of the new raid.

4/10 to 5/10. The expansion is essentially not good, but in the opposite way of BFA. While BFA had too much of nothing to offer in 8.0, SL has like...so little to offer, half the content either feels not worth it, or just...lazy? Torghast isn't that big a chore, outside of the worthless Twisting Corridors, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    I would give it a much higher rating instantaneously () if I could get a mog like this in Torghast. (I usually wait to rate an expansion anyways until I see all the content) Of course make it black to fit in the theme there. (Different colours would be fantastic too tho, but just sayin') Then they could add a little chain belt with a skull or something to accessorize it. Still I would like as a separate item so we can have just a nice, simple, sleek dress. This isn't that risque or whatever people would make you believe. I seen dresses with much bigger slits, it's moderate and beautiful. I would love to see my girls with a gown like this ingame. I'm getting hopes we might be getting mogs..

I'm happy the guys will be getting some cool maw looking armors. I been trying to be supportive of this for a while. Happy people are actually getting something. I shouldn't jinx it tho. The reality none of the characters I like to play fit in with that theme tho.. so I figured I would try and ask/show something I would like ingame. I don't doubt they can start doing mogs like this due to the amount of detail on NPCs armor and the store mog.
    Mogs like that picture will help the subs for sure

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Shadowlands is...ok? It's boring as fuck though. Soulbinds and Conduits are far less annoying than people claim, really. Gear Drops in Raids are irritating, World Quests are bland and uninspired (Like always lol) + being downright worthless, and it just seems like there's nothing going on atm, even in patch 9.1 outside of the new raid.

4/10 to 5/10. The expansion is essentially not good, but in the opposite way of BFA. While BFA had too much of nothing to offer in 8.0, SL has like...so little to offer, half the content either feels not worth it, or just...lazy? Torghast isn't that big a chore, outside of the worthless Twisting Corridors, but still.
    SL is horrible for casual players for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    This doesn't even make sense. I understand you have no proof, just admit it and move on.
    Just check Blizzard quarterly earning call. But I don't think you are capable of reading or understanding it though. There is really no need to reply.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    Just check Blizzard quarterly earning call. But I don't think you are capable of reading or understanding it though. There is really no need to reply.
    All the earning calls said is that they are up 7% in earnings and more people are buying the expan when compared to other ones, that doesn’t make the case for loss in subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    All the earning calls said is that they are up 7% in earnings and more people are buying the expan when compared to other ones, that doesn’t make the case for loss in subs.
    Less players but higher result, means record high micro-transactions.

More store mounts, pets, gear, tokens incoming.

7+ Year Old Account
    Less players but higher result, means record high micro-transactions.

More store mounts, pets, gear, tokens incoming.
    That’s not really how things work.

If there were more players coming In there would assumably be more people who don’t have the shop stuff buying them for the first time leading to higher results.

While if there were less people assumedly old time players they would likely have most of the shop stuff already which would mean less people to sell it to and less results.

The only real way less players could =more results would be if they added a ton of new stuff to the shop in this quarter or new reasons to use services like race changes which they haven’t done.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-05-05 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    That’s not really how things work.

If there were more players coming In there would assumably be more people who don’t have the shop stuff buying them for the first time leading to higher results.

While if there were less people assumedly old time players they would likely have most of the shop stuff already which would mean less people to sell it to and less results.

The only real way less players could =more results would be if they added a ton of new stuff to the shop in this quarter or new reasons to use services like race changes which they haven’t done.
    Just to be clear, the 7% earning increase is Blizzard's global revenue, not just wow. And the 5 millions MAU decrease is also for all Blizzard games, not just wow.

But, no matter which game it is, if there is less active players with higher earnings, it means the average spending per player is rising globally.

There were no new Blizzard games released in Q1, nor update for any games except WoW. And WoW is the only Blizzard game with subscription.

It is logical to assume the reason for earning increase is not more game sales, but more micro-transaction.

And yes, Blizzard added Chinese new year mount with 6 month sub pass in Q1, which is huge (cost more than 60 USD/EUR). There are a lot of people buying it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just to be clear, the 7% earning increase is Blizzard's global revenue, not just wow. And the 5 millions MAU decrease is also for all Blizzard games, not just wow.

But, no matter which game it is, if there is less active players with higher earnings, it means the average spending per player is rising globally.

There were no new Blizzard games released in Q1, nor update for any games except WoW. And WoW is the only Blizzard game with subscription.

It is logical to assume the reason for earning increase is not more game sales, but more micro-transaction.

And yes, Blizzard added Chinese new year mount with 6 month sub pass in Q1, which is huge (cost more than 60 USD/EUR). There are a lot of people buying it.
    While it is across all games it was lead by wow.

Blizzard segment revenue grew 7% year-over-year, led by strong growth in the Warcraft franchise
    We also know that shadowlands has brought in a bunch of new players and has had sharp increases in box sales.

Shadowlands continued to drive strong results following its record-setting release in November, with first quarter franchise net bookings growing sharply year-over-year.
    World of Warcraft saw strong reach, engagement and participation in value added services, along with a particularly high number of new players joining the community for the first time, boosted by initiatives to enhance the onboarding experience.
    Wow leading the increase and a sharp increase in box sales and influx of new players would point to the user losses being in other games not wow and said influx would be more likely to spend money on shop items then the over saturated old players.

You could say that players leaving out pace the new one coming in but that would be an a assumption with no backing.

As to the yak last quarter would have shadowlands launch, new race customizing that would get people to buy race changes, and another 6 month promo so there’s no way the yak alone could out pace that unless the player base was way way larger then last quarter so new players buying more then just the yak makes more sense.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-05-05 at 06:16 PM.

I think it suffers the same way BFA suffers.

To many pointless and broken systems bogging down a otherwise good game.

Thanks to Shadowlands it's given me enough clarity to finally quit WoW for good. Just not enjoying the game anymore.

hahahhaha

Launching with a reused raid. Immagine if that happend today, if shadowlands had launched with a heavily nerfed version of Antorus as its first raidteir, itd be a total shitshow.

But it gets even worse. Wotlk was the only expansion where raiding was plagued by idiotic concepts like limited attempts per week and in-raid weekly timegating (we had 9 weeks of normal icc... let that sink in...)
    While wrath definitely had issues, and naxx was one of them, a situation like vanilla naxx hasn't happned again even once since then. Naxx was a raid that barely anyone had actually seen, no raid, even the highly unpopular darkest depths raid in BfA came even remotely close. Anotrous wouldn't be comparable, because we had this raid as the main raid for almost a year and people could farm it in BfA and before that in LFR. Something that wasn't possible in vanilla and tbc.

As for raid attempts, I personally thought that was actually a neat idea. Just having alot of time was not the sole deciding factor in clearing a raid. You actually had to show something for your attempt instead of throwing yourself at the fight until it eventually ended itself. It might have not been the most elegant solution, but wasn't without merrit either.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

hahahhaha

Launching with a reused raid. Immagine if that happend today, if shadowlands had launched with a heavily nerfed version of Antorus as its first raidteir, itd be a total shitshow.

But it gets even worse. Wotlk was the only expansion where raiding was plagued by idiotic concepts like limited attempts per week and in-raid weekly timegating (we had 9 weeks of normal icc... let that sink in...)

Theres a reason we jokingly called it "Wrath of the casualking". Because thats what it was, a product that shifted its focus target audience to the casual player because it mean blizz could get away with making less content.

- - - Updated - - -

I think its just rosetinted glasses because i remember the forums where full of hate on limited attempts, timegated raid content, and Reused raids...
    I would say WOTLK is my favourite expansion but that's when I first started playing, so I usually say my second favourite is my top favourite, which would be Legion.

WOTLK, without the rose tinted glasses, didn't age well at all. And there were definitely some odd choices like you had mentioned, with Naxxramas being rehashed. And later, Onyxia.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Thanks to Shadowlands it's given me enough clarity to finally quit WoW for good. Just not enjoying the game anymore.
    You are not the only one. That is for sure, lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    The fact over 50% rate it 7 or higher shows just how full this site is of Blizzard fanboys.
    I made this poll back in dec 2020, when it was still in the honeymoon phase.

The latest pool rating is much lower.

You are not the only one. That is for sure, lol

- - - Updated - - -

I made this poll back in dec 2020, when it was still in the honeymoon phase.

The latest pool rating is much lower.
    is there a way to make a 2nd poll in the same thread? whould be fun to see how much opinion has shifted xD
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact over 50% rate it 7 or higher shows just how full this site is of Blizzard fanboys.
    Technically, it's a fan site.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

It really depends on what you want from this game. I play WoW because of the Raiding content, which is far superior to other games such as FF or BDO, some of them not even having a comparable raiding system at all.

For that I would rate it a solid 8/10. My only complaint would be a slight effect overload on certain encounters when paired with class skill effects. Everything is glowing and exploding, making it sometimes hard to understand what's going on.

Regarding other content, such as crafting, world, etc, I would rate it a weak 2/10.

BDO completely wipes the floor with WoW in that regard in both depth and complexity, but also in it's usefulness. The world feels kind of lifeless in WoW, and secondary content meaningless. I have alchemy on lv1 just to benefit from the 2h flask duration. Sad.

The economy is weird, where pots and flasks barely have any profit value on them, making buying the pot equally as expensive as buying individual materials. There is no incentive to play the professions. Most gold is made by sniping the AH for items and materials that are listed slightly below average value for up selling purposes. This feels unintentional. The natural way would be to have a profession that you can use to create a product by buying raw materials and adding 10% profit margin on it. But this doesn't seem to be encouraged by the game itself.

is there a way to make a 2nd poll in the same thread? whould be fun to see how much opinion has shifted xD
    We just need a new poll. I'm pretty sure the perception many had back in December / January will have shifted a lot to the negative side. Guess people back in January were expecting some content within the next few weeks / months and not just 6 months later.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    We just need a new poll. I'm pretty sure the perception many had back in December / January will have shifted a lot to the negative side. Guess people back in January were expecting some content within the next few weeks / months and not just 6 months later.
    Aye. I voted 7-8, saying it's an expansion with a lot of promise, & that the lack of a grind is really appreciated... But now they need to build on it.

Half a year later, we've no new content, and very little in 9.1 seems exciting. It's not a good time.

Blizzard could release Big Rigs and people on here would give it 7+.