Thread: I miss glyphs

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

I miss glyphs

Can we have them back?

They added variety to spell were reasonably well balanced and added something for crafters to do. When you hit level cap you just bought the ones you needed and boom your done.

Why can't we just have glyphs instead of conduits and ap?

Because "boom, you are done" doesn't stretch the content so that you might pay another month.

And honestly, glyphs are kinda boring. Just going into the auction house and buying all the glyphs and you are done is boring. Conduits as a random drop is imo a better system. Conduits from Venari is bullshit.

Cosmetic glyphs should also be more like the green fire warlock thing or the mage tower in Legion on a smaller scale. Finish a small, challenging solo mission around that ability and you unlock "transmogs" for that skill. If a mage uses polymorph and that poly isn't a sheep but a cat or whatever, you should be in awe that this player has finished this challenge and got the cat polymorph transmog and not think "oh, he paid 500g to turn his sheep into a cat"

Yeah they were so cool!

1. Hit max level.
    2. Google "best glyphs fire mage pve"
    3. Go to AH, buy whatever Google search told you to buy.
    4. Insert your glyphs in slots
    5. Forget system exists until you want to switch spec or go PvP.

WOW so much fun! Blizz bring back this super engaging system please!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Yeah they were so cool!

1. Hit max level.

Tbh all systems work like this XD google it set n save play GG

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    The "fun" thing about glyphs was, that when they removed the major glyphs, they promised a lot of cosmetic glyphs. Well, most of those have been removed too - for absolutely no reason.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Tbh all systems work like this XD google it set n save play GG
    Well.not.all but most yeah. Don't need to add more of those.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    The "fun" thing about glyphs was, that when they removed the major glyphs, they promised a lot of cosmetic glyphs. Well, most of those have been removed too - for absolutely no reason.
    State of minor glyphs is freaking sad right now. Great potential for cosmetic visuals just wasted... Sometimes I browse through them and am like "really? Is this all your creative team could come up for these?"

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Well.not.all but most yeah. Don't need to add more of those.

- - - Updated - - -

State of minor glyphs is freaking sad right now. Great potential for cosmetic visuals just wasted... Sometimes I browse through them and am like "really? Is this all your creative team could come up for these?"
    The lack of creativity is one thing, but the fact that they've removed SO FREAKING MANY is mindboggling.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    You basically just said it your self. "Boom your done" does not translate well in a game that you play for a looooong time.

Though while we at the topic of glyphs is that its quite sad that they arent making more of the new glyphs. There is so much potential in that system, but all they use it for lately is a different shade of blue for mage's water elementals.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Yeah they were so cool!

1. Hit max level.

What is the difference between that and conduits barring six weeks of grinding the maw to cap them?

I thought they were cool tbh, but that's probably part-nostalgia, and part-intrigue at the time.

Not even sure what glyphs do anymore. Think I've got one... something that makes my rogue's sprint leave a trail of smoke or something. Not sure it shows half the time.

Other than Glyph of Stars and Glyph of Shadow, they're basically a dead feature.

Sad actually, when I was leveling an Arcane Mage, I was like, wow it's be cool if a glyph would make my arcane familiar look like a non combat pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    What is the difference between that and conduits barring six weeks of grinding the maw to cap them?
    You actually have to get them and upgrade them versus just buying them?

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    You actually have to get them and upgrade them versus just buying them?
    Seems a inferior system compared to just buying them. I don't think "O boy I get to farm for months to complete my passives on my class" least i don't think it non sarcastically.

I liked minor glyphs, myself. Those get brought back as a major feature, I'd enjoy it. Using dash as a rogue to run across water was fun.

Seems a inferior system compared to just buying them. I don't think "O boy I get to farm for months to complete my passives on my class" least i don't think it non sarcastically.
    If you can just buy them the instant they become available to you, what is the point of having the system at all? Might as well just skip it and have a little less gold drop. Same outcome, less pieces that could break.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might aswell just make it baseline then and scrap the glyphs. Especially the ones from the "glory days" where you get shit like 'scourge strike does 20% more dmg' which was a no brainer.

Also lol at "inferior system" when you literally suggest a system where you buy glyph, learn glyph and forget about em for the rest of the expansion.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2021-05-05 at 07:10 PM.
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    If you can just buy them the instant they become available to you, what is the point of having the system at all? Might as well just skip it and have a little less gold drop. Same outcome, less pieces that could break.
    Very true but people here scream " Muh choices" when you suggest that so im willing to part with gold to give them their vaunted choices.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Might aswell just make it baseline then and scrap the glyphs. Especially the ones from the "glory days" where you get shit like 'scourge strike does 20% more dmg' which was a no brainer.

Also lol at "inferior system" when you literally suggest a system where you buy glyph, learn glyph and forget about em for the rest of the expansion.
    Right its the same system minus the extra time gating.

I miss glyphs
    I miss MoP class design, can we have it back?

10+ Year Old Account
    Right its the same system minus the extra time gating.
    Its a system where you earn the power and get stronger, not just buy random shit on AH. Might aswell put raid gear on AH, skip the "time gating" of killing bosses. lul

I love how actually having to do something these days to get power is considered evil 'time gating' .

Heaven forbid a game actually want you to play it.