Page 13 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I just watched the OG Dune yesterday on Netflix and it was sick lol, I doubt the new one will be like this. I bet it will be more rainbow and good vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    I just watched the OG Dune yesterday on Netflix and it was sick lol, I doubt the new one will be like this. I bet it will be more rainbow and good vibes.
    You're not familiar with Denis Villeneuve's work, are you?

Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    Ehh, the universe and the book kinda lacks the space for that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    You're not familiar with Denis Villeneuve's work, are you?
    I have watched, Sicario, Enemy, Prisoners, Arrival and Blade Runner but I didn't know he made the new Dune and if yes I was totally wrong about the rainbows and good vibes lol.

5+ Year Old Account
    some guys claim they have seen Dune

They Saw the DUNE Movie! This Is What They Had To Say! | Exclusive Interview

Secrets of Dune
    Premiered May 24, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5VWyNkLRUk

5+ Year Old Account
    next trailer is on july 21, annoyingly like jurassic world dominion it's on imax n with a preview too..I hate it when trailer's r out n we'll have to settle for cams..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8QXU2tA7FE

seems movie is delayed 3 weeks..

Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-07-16 at 08:52 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    ‘Dune’ Passes Chinese Censorship, to the Relief of Fans.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/d...235019697/amp/
    By Rebecca Davis - July 14, 2021 9:21am PT

Chinese censors have approved Denis Villeneuve’s sci-fi spectacular “Dune” for release in the world’s largest film market. The film has officially announced that it will hit local screens this year, although it has not yet set a release date.

In late June, Warner Bros. shifted the film’s U.S. release date back from Oct. 1 to Oct. 22 amidst a larger scheduling reshuffle by the company. In China, the film is distributed by Wanda subsidiary Legendary Pictures.

A big consideration for the timing change may have been that the planned Oct. 1 release would have coincided with China’s Oct. 1 National Day holiday and the subsequent weeks-long protectionist period during which there is an unofficial blackout on foreign titles to boost sales for local propaganda films. Other types of blockbusters, local and imported alike, should be returning to theaters around the Oct. 22 date.

The later date also bolsters its Chinese box office prospects. Should “Dune” have released Oct. 1 on HBO Max before a Chinese theatrical release, its China sales would likely have been significantly impacted by piracy, particularly since HBO Max is unavailable in the mainland.

The film has made casting choices that will appeal to a Chinese viewership, selecting Taiwan-born actor Chang Chen to play Dr. Wellington Yueh, a role previously taken up in past film adaptations by white actors Dean Stockwell (1984’s “Dune”) and Robert Russell (“Frank Herbert’s Dune” miniseries). Chang is known for his roles in Wong Kar-wai’s “Happy Together” and “2046,” Ang Lee’s “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon” and Hou Hsiao-hsien’s “Three Times” and “The Assassin.”

Passing censorship more than three months before its North America debut will hopefully help smooth the way for “Dune” to secure a day-and-date release for China alongside domestic, although that is not always the case. Marvel’s “Black Widow,” for instance, passed censorship back in March, but has yet to announce a China release date despite opening July 9 stateside.

The news of the greenlight for the China “Dune” outing was met with an outpouring of excitement from Chinese viewers, many of whom are already dubbing it one of the major movie events of the year.

Villeneuve’s past films have had strong, though not smashing success, at the Chinese box office. China was the top overseas territory for both “Arrival” and “Blade Runner 2049,” which grossed $15.9 million and $11.7 million in the country, respectively.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well China may be what gets us the 2nd half of this movie. Because the simultaneous HBO-stream release with theater release means if this was a US Only movie we'd probably never get to see the 2nd half.

C'mon China...get us one complete "First Book" story-movie... LOL.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    lol what's "Dune"?
    Ummm, sorry, but is that a serious question?
    Take that haters.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Ummm, sorry, but is that a serious question?
    Is this something all nerds are supposed to know about?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you think you are into sci-fi and haven't heard of dune. You aren't into sci-fi
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

So you came to a thread in TV/Movie/Books section, did not look at OP and did not spend 1-2 minutes to glance over Wikipedia page, but instead went into "lol what's that" territory? Alright then...
    Take that haters.

It's great, it's certainly not a bad thing.

Dune is pretty much the only known film that I am excited for.

Theres only a few directors that get me pumped like denise

I can't fucking wait.
    I adore Timothee Chalamet.
    If you haven't watched The King yet. Do it. He and Joel put in stellar performances.
    Just re-watched the first and I'm so excited for October.

Guess that makes me a spicegirl.
    Like cumberbitches but for dune.

Only movie im exited about.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    So you came to a thread in TV/Movie/Books section, did not look at OP and did not spend 1-2 minutes to glance over Wikipedia page, but instead went into "lol what's that" territory? Alright then...
    Exactly - troll-bait if you ask me. I hope no one wastes their time treating this like a legit inquiry.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

5+ Year Old Account
    Here is 2nd trailer, I suppose those at imax get to see additional stuff too

Other Joe in reaction "does Boba come out of there?"
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-07-22 at 09:04 PM.

It's looking good, though the Duke has an oddly soft voice.