10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Could be a whole bunch of placeholder stuff changed, or potentially some cinematics (or at least placeholder cinematics) that got added. Also not sure whether all the voicelines were in, those could add a fair bit of stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like the Sylvanas bow is now legendary quality, so first legendary weapon since Cata I believe, and first (actual) hunter weapon legendary since TBC.

Now the question is just whether it will actually be a legendary dropchance. Seems silly that it would be if you want it in all the different tints, but you never know. I wouldnt completely hate it if Sylvanas drops a regular bow, but with a low chance for the legendary one. Though in that case I would definitely prefer if it was a unique model, even if that just means her old bow from Cata that never became available for transmog.
    I just hope its not the "limited time to get it" kinda thing. That stuff needs to stop.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I just hope its not the "limited time to get it" kinda thing. That stuff needs to stop.
    Doubtful
    They have never done that with anything that has a low drop

I’m wondering how domination sockets will work because of how strong those items are

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Doubtful
    They have never done that with anything that has a low drop

I’m wondering how domination sockets will work because of how strong those items are
    Well, they're supposed to mostly be good in the raid, so we'll probably see some limitations regarding that.

I don't know, I really expected them to give us a TBC launch date yesterday. The "in the next months" doesn't sound very promising and I'm not even sure anymore that we're getting TBC before 9.1 (which was out of question for me until yesterday).

Did they ran into more problems than expected? What does this mean for 9.1? I guess we're getting something in June, either TBC or 9.1, but they don't seem to make that much progress with 9.1 either.

Another note: did someone check the TBC CE mount on the 9.1 PTR?
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-05-05 at 12:36 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I don't know, I really expected them to give us a TBC launch date yesterday. The "in the next months" doesn't sound very promising and I'm not even sure anymore that we're getting TBC before 9.1 (which was out of question for me until yesterday).

Did they ran into more problems than expected? What does this mean for 9.1? I guess we're getting anything in June, either TBC or 9.1, but they don't seem to make that much progress with 9.1 either.

I don't understand why they hurry up with TBC since it's Beta. Repeating 2019 schedule is most obvious thing to do, especially with New World coming August 31st. And expansion launch can always wait - new patches in ongoing expac not so much.

Maybe at some point before PTR there was real risk 9.1 not coming in Q2 and they hit TBC emergency button? In this case they could switch them back again after PTR launched.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I don't understand why they hurry up with TBC since it's Beta. Repeating 2019 schedule is most obvious thing to do, especially with New World coming August 31st. And expansion launch can always wait - new patches in ongoing expac not so much.

Maybe at some point before PTR there was real risk 9.1 not coming in Q2 and they hit TBC emergency button? In this case they could switch them back again after PTR launched.
    No idea, they indeed rushed TBC beta very much in the last weeks, that's why I thought it would be coming soon. Then the strings for May 18 pre patch... well, something doesn't seem to add up in the end as we're clearly getting nothing in the next weeks. They would have told us yesterday if it's cooming soon imho. I'm not sure how good progress for 9.1 is, but the ETA was end of June, maybe they're able to hold it.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-05-05 at 01:03 PM.

I think there's a HEAVY chance that even if the future patch isn't the entirety of Northrend, it may feature a new version of Dragonblight. Consider the following:

-Nelf and Forsaken camps
    -BOLVAR themed human camp
    -Scarlet Crusade (being slowly built up as of BFA)
    -Infinite Dragonflight (teased in 9.1 with new model)
    -Red Dragonflight (teased for multiple expansions with DKs)
    -Taunka for obligatory Baine moment
    -Nerubians (reuse spider rig)
    -Tuskarr
    -Galakrond as a potential next expansion hook
    -pretty much everything about Northrend in one zone, except Vrykul

A friend suggested it may be a sliver of the "Veil" that gets wrecked by Zovaal. That way it's not entirely Northrend and can be instanced off as its own thing while still being the real world.

Did they ran into more problems than expected? What does this mean for 9.1? I guess we're getting something in June, either TBC or 9.1, but they don't seem to make that much progress with 9.1 either.

Why are you so concerned? Let the products come out when they're ready to come out. Patience.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Why are you so concerned? Let the products come out when they're ready to come out. Patience.
    I'm not concerned, it's just both versions of WoW are a snooze fest at the moment (at least in my opinion). Shadowlands, because there's nothing to do and it's just boring and Classic, because you're in the "end of expansion" drought and wait for the pre-patch. Both versions for more than half a year with no new content is a bit... well, it is what it is.

7+ Year Old Account
    July 1st patch release rumour. Sounds super shit though.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    July 1st patch release rumour. Sounds super shit though.
    Depends on how you look at it really.

If you assume it isnt ssimply an old date Blizzard intended to have it out by then there are two dates that it could refer to other than the actual launch. Those being the launch of the TBC pre-patch, which is not a completely unreasonable assumption given this purports to be the complete TBC experience. But what it could also in theory mean is the opening of new TBC realms, allowing players to level in Classic or transfer characters over in preparation for TBC pre-patch or general launch.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Longer wait times are expected these days but it is just a rumor.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Depends on how you look at it really.

If you assume it isnt ssimply an old date Blizzard intended to have it out by then there are two dates that it could refer to other than the actual launch. Those being the launch of the TBC pre-patch, which is not a completely unreasonable assumption given this purports to be the complete TBC experience. But what it could also in theory mean is the opening of new TBC realms, allowing players to level in Classic or transfer characters over in preparation for TBC pre-patch or general launch.
    Was talking about "a guy heard it from the other guy during dinner" source. Everyone can guess a date around that time.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I mean if you pay attention to Blizz's sloppy attempts to hide it it's obvious at this point that it's May 18th for the BCC pre-patch, June 1st for Outland opening.

Even if they do push Outland back (But they wouldn't have a placeholder date in a hidden story on battlenet don't know why people insist it was a placeholder) it'll be in June. They need something for Q2 and 9.1 is probably not gonna be ready until July.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Was talking about "a guy heard it from the other guy during dinner" source. Everyone can guess a date around that time.
    Ahh. Guess i might have confused it with the actual leaked June 1st date that someone found actual evidence for.

Regardless though, the point still stands. The date for a TBC release could mean more than the ability to log on an enter Outland.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean if you pay attention to Blizz's sloppy attempts to hide it it's obvious at this point that it's May 18th for the BCC pre-patch, June 1st for Outland opening.

Even if they do push Outland back (But they wouldn't have a placeholder date in a hidden story on battlenet don't know why people insist it was a placeholder) it'll be in June. They need something for Q2 and 9.1 is probably not gonna be ready until July.
    Isnt TBC still in beta though?

Even if you assumed Ion was straight up lying to our faces when he stated that 9.1 would be released before TBC, such a quick release would require some of the fastest turnaround for a game, it's barely a month until the supposed June 1st date, how in the world would that even come close to being enough time?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh. Guess i might have confused it with the actual leaked June 1st date that someone found actual evidence for.

Regardless though, the point still stands. The date for a TBC release could mean more than the ability to log on an enter Outland.

- - - Updated - - -

Isnt TBC still in beta though?

Even if you assumed Ion was straight up lying to our faces when he stated that 9.1 would be released before TBC, such a quick release would require some of the fastest turnaround for a game, it's barely a month until the supposed June 1st date, how in the world would that even come close to being enough time?
    It's in that phase of beta where it's just "Here's premade 70s, test Arenas and Karazhan." There was never much that had to be tested to begin with. Outland is entirely in-tact on retail right now. It wasn't like Classic where they had to rebuild and test an entire 1-60 experience that was deleted nearly a decade earlier. It was entirely just "did we fuck up scaling?"

Also IDK when Ion said to our faces 9.1 would be before BCC. Wasn't at Blizzcon that's for sure.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    Also IDK when Ion said to our faces 9.1 would be before BCC. Wasn't at Blizzcon that's for sure.
    Recent interview with Preach? Don't member.

It's in that phase of beta where it's just "Here's premade 70s, test Arenas and Karazhan." There was never much that had to be tested to begin with. Outland is entirely in-tact on retail right now. It wasn't like Classic where they had to rebuild and test an entire 1-60 experience that was deleted nearly a decade earlier. It was entirely just "did we fuck up scaling?"

Regardless it is still in beta. And while I agree that means something else than it does for new expansions, or indeed Classic. I still think 4-5 weeks is a bit too short to go from beta, through PTR all the way to release.

Now if the June 1st was the date that Blizzard opened dedicated TBC servers and started letting players migrate or start new alts then I could kinda see it, but that would still mean at least another month or two after that for TBC to release proper.

And Ion stated that they intended 9.1 to release before TBC in a recent interview. Cannot remember exactly which one, but I do remember it being said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it was in the Preach interview, cause I looked back and I couldn't find any bullet points related to it. on Wowhead they implied they are playing catch up.

I.E. its obvious cause well Working at Home isn't optimal(People don't wanna hear this but whatever, qq more).
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-05-05 at 10:07 PM.

Warrior-Magi

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    They never said TBC is coming before 9.1. News like this would be picked by wowhead/mmochamp in 30 seconds even if it was interview in some chinese basement. It's streamers, this time I think Towellie is saying TBC is coming before 9.1 and 9.1 is coming in July. Of course his saying it with absolute certainty.

Of course it's now, don't confuse it with situation when his "sources" said 9.1 is coming in August. Member when month ago half people here believed 9.1 is coming in August (and extremes said September/October to stood out) cause it was said by Preach/Towellie/Bellurar?

EDIT: Oh you are saying about if they said if 9.1 is coming before TBC, I was talking other way around. No, I don't think anyone was saying that public.