Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Guys, the best move is to completely ignore the lore. The lore is utterly destroyed. Its a joke. Just pretend it doesn't exist.
    Way to not understand shit. Like, we have pages and pages of talking about the shit. The least you could do is at least pay attention, man.

Guys, the best move is to completely ignore the lore. The lore is utterly destroyed. Its a joke. Just pretend it doesn't exist.
    Theoretically, if such an option were within our interests, perhaps we wouldn't be in the lore forum? Perhaps it would behoove you to consider that people in the lore forum, as bad as the lore may be, have some interest in talking about the lore which a single post would not derail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    except elune isnt a literal god. at least not as far as we know. so far, shes likely justas much an "advanced alien" as the titans or eternal ones.
    Good enough point. It really depends on what she is, of course, and whether Danuser decides to push her into his new narrative or if he'll keep her as her status. If she was formerly a Not-Titan as I've seen suggested, then she could be both formerly one of them and worshipped by those on her former scale due to her new scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Theoretically, if such an option were within our interests, perhaps we wouldn't be in the lore forum? Perhaps it would behoove you to consider that people in the lore forum, as bad as the lore may be, have some interest in talking about the lore which a single post would not derail.

- - - Updated - - -

Good enough point. It really depends on what she is, of course, and whether Danuser decides to push her into his new narrative or if he'll keep her as her status. If she was formerly a Not-Titan as I've seen suggested, then she could be both formerly one of them and worshipped by those on her former scale due to her new scale.
    She never had a status prior to this "reveal". Her being a "goddess" is just what Mortals and lesser Deities praised her of being.

I'd argue the Progenitors (AKA The First Ones) are the closest things to actual Gods in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Theoretically, if such an option were within our interests, perhaps we wouldn't be in the lore forum?
    It sounds to me like the frustration is high enough in this forum that people need to hear the words "ignore the lore, its trash".
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not quite sure I understand why people are upset about Elune being a first one. Exactly 'what' Elune is has been unknown, and now that it isn't, people are upset because it didn't fit whatever they imagined her to be? Or what.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I'm not quite sure I understand why people are upset about Elune being a first one. Exactly 'what' Elune is has been unknown, and now that it isn't, people are upset because it didn't fit whatever they imagined her to be? Or what.
    I think it's more like the whole pac.
    It's not that Elune isn't first. It is that I see being pathetic from BFA.
    They sold you as "THE GODDESS" and at the moment of truth it turns out that Broswandi is better in almost every aspect.

I mean, it seems that she will follow the path of Nzoth. From being one of the most anticipated things to being something completely forgettable.

It sounds to me like the frustration is high enough in this forum that people need to hear the words "ignore the lore, its trash".
    That is a very, very incorrect inference of the atmosphere and situation.

Actually, it still is. We only learned that the Winter Queen considers her a sister. That might narrow things down a bit, but hardly gives us any hard evidence about her nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    I think that very much depends on if Danuser makes them his virtual harem or not. Seeing as his undead waifu was elevated from running away from Kel'thuzad while she has backup to literally annihilating Bolvar and his army of undead, if they are kawaii enough their power may simply be limitless.
    I like you, you see straight through that man, it's uncanny.

3+ Year Old Account
    I'm trying my best to after seeing what they've done with Bwonsamdi/Mueh'zala in Ardenweald. I... I really don't know they could fix them at this point... And troll Lore is already pretty... sad anyways since almost every one is dead
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Actually, it still is. We only learned that the Winter Queen considers her a sister. That might narrow things down a bit, but hardly gives us any hard evidence about her nature.
    Exactly, it doesn't even mean they are actual sisters, , just like in some cultures or with some people, they form a bond strong enough with someone to call sister, big sister or little sister, even though they have no relations. it could be that.

All depends on the imagination of Danuser, but last i checked he has no love or regard for night elves or things tied to their lore. Unfortunately for Elune while Metzen was in charge, she was almost exclusively with regards to the night elves despite her position elevating her far beyond just one race.

Therefore people who don't care for night elves, tend not to care for Elune as they don't perceive her outside the bracket of their race.

If Danuser is one such, Elune is a commodity to be used, and will not get the sort of service the fans have expected from her description and Metzen's past insistence that she is actually a true goddess in the Warcraft universe. He will not pay any heed to that, and like most things will tangentialise it into something else.

The best approach was to leave Elune a mystery as this being that is pretty much far above all of this she only acts by influence and inspiration to others pursuing causes of actions that preserve or save lives, as you would expect of true divinity. Play to those strengths and don't reveal much.

But i guess the mystery ends here.

She's not a First One? Why do people confuse "Eternal Ones" with "First Ones"? Besides, she may not even be an Eternal One, though she is connected to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    I think most people thought it was Eonar, if not just because their themes have heavy overlap being associated with nature. That said, it's still possible that she is referring to Eonar and that the Tear of Elune is actually just something that was created by Eonar and eventually coopted by the Elves.
    This is also possibly true.

there is also possible that there is a connection between Eonar and Elune that has later yet to be revealed. .and that would explain a lot of things. i use to suspect Eonar was Elune, but if Elune's description by Metzen stands, she has to be more than Eonar, yet somehow there is a connection and link.

Either that or the Elves got confused, the titan artifacts they discovered pointed to Eonar, but and some of Eonar's spirit's inside pointed to Elune, just so happens for the elves that Elune took an interest in them at just the right time or decided that she would establish this race as a group to ensure her interests are maintained in the lifecycle on Azeroth - i mean.. elves seem pretty jealously guarded over magic and nature - perhaps Elune wanted them the race to ensure these don't go out of hand or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    If Danuser is one such, Elune is a commodity to be used, and will not get the sort of service the fans have expected from her description and Metzen's past insistence that she is actually a true goddess in the Warcraft universe. He will not pay any heed to that, and like most things will tangentialise it into something else.
    SL just revealed that she is in fact being worshipped all over the universe, with the other Night Warriors we meet being from different planets. So i don't think this is a valid path.

Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    Most of us players are too dumb to think it's Eonar. I assumed it was Elune from the get-go, and I'm not completely ignorant of lore. I actually visit here and wowhead, unlike probably the majority of the player base.

So, I think we are again overestimating Blizzard's depth of story-telling. If there is a clear answer, that's probably the right one.
    It really isn't hard to think Eonar at all. Hell, I thought it could've been Eonar, and I've been a lore geek for awhile now. And don't be so damn condescending, it's weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    This is also possibly true.

there is also possible that there is a connection between Eonar and Elune that has later yet to be revealed. .and that would explain a lot of things. i use to suspect Eonar was Elune, but if Elune's description by Metzen stands, she has to be more than Eonar, yet somehow there is a connection and link.

Either that or the Elves got confused, the titan artifacts they discovered pointed to Eonar, but and some of Eonar's spirit's inside pointed to Elune, just so happens for the elves that Elune took an interest in them at just the right time or decided that she would establish this race as a group to ensure her interests are maintained in the lifecycle on Azeroth - i mean.. elves seem pretty jealously guarded over magic and nature - perhaps Elune wanted them the race to ensure these don't go out of hand or something.
    The Tear of Elune is a 99% creation from Elune.
    From the description of Aegwynn about the tear in the Tomb of Sargeras, I suspect that Elune created this Tear for Eonar during the Ordering of Azeroth.

" These tears of perfect beauty embody the dream of what our world could be. Today they purify your hearts for the battle to come. "

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    It really isn't hard to think Eonar at all. Hell, I thought it could've been Eonar, and I've been a lore geek for awhile now. And don't be so damn condescending, it's weird.
    Honestly I always found this Elune = Eonar theory a bit odd. Particularly when both have always been depicted as separate entities from the start. Moreover, Eonar was supposed to be ' dead ' or in a state of a 'lingering spirit' from Aeons, thus, shouldn't have been able to pull what Elune did in all those periods.

Another thing that points to Elune being more that what we think :

The First Ones were introducted in this expansion, and we have development on Elune's at the same time. Not a coincidence, both are linked.
    Last edited by Engal; 2021-05-05 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Stuff.
    Do let me know when you want to go over what I actually say, and not this "TITANS AM DA BEST" strawman you're doing your damnedest to assign to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Do let me know when you want to go over what I actually say, and not this "TITANS AM DA BEST" strawman you're doing your damnedest to assign to me.
    No, I clearly got what you meant, and I clearly debunked it. No strawmanning here, bud.

- - - Updated - - -

You think the Titans, Elune, and their lore got ruined cause of Danuser, and I explained to you why it’s not the case.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Engal View Post
    The Tear of Elune is a 99% creation from Elune.
    From the description of Aegwynn about the tear in the Tomb of Sargeras, I suspect that Elune created this Tear for Eonar during the Ordering of Azeroth.

" These tears of perfect beauty embody the dream of what our world could be. Today they purify your hearts for the battle to come. "

Honestly I always found this Elune = Eonar theory a bit odd. Particularly when both have always been depicted as separate entities from the start. Moreover, Eonar was supposed to be ' dead ' or in a state of a 'lingering spirit' from Aeons, thus, shouldn't have been able to pull what Elune did in all those periods.

Another thing that points to Elune being more that what we think :

The First Ones were introducted in this expansion, and we have development on Elune's at the same time. Not a coincidence, both are linked.
    I never argued her to be Elune. I also disagree with the idea that she’s a First One. First Ones seem to be WAY more “above” than the Cosmic Pantheons.

Do we have anything indicating that Eonar and Elune are different beings?

EDIT: Oh, sorry, I think you guys are having this discussion in the last few pages. I was in page 3 when I replied.
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post

Elune is the Winter Queen's sister. Sadly I think this confirms she's not a First One. There goes my theory.
    Uhm...Winter queen says at beginning of expansion when she first sees Ysera "this is of my sister" in the leveling quests in Ardenweald..and since Elune looked after Ysera, think Legion 'tear of Elune"...