Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    July 1st patch release rumour. Sounds super shit though.
    Let's not forget that's for China. Given what nonsense they forced on Blizz regarding death and skeletons, they could potentially have a different date.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Let's not forget that's for China. Given what nonsense they forced on Blizz regarding death and skeletons, they could potentially have a different date.
    It just means 29th June in NA and 30th in EU.

Well, they're supposed to mostly be good in the raid, so we'll probably see some limitations regarding that.
    originally i thought the limit would be only one equipped but the gear has multiple slots which means the balancing is gonna be garbage and you might wear gear with worse stats just for the extra socket

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    It just means 29th June in NA and 30th in EU.
    I don't mean different day because of weekly reset. I mean different day because they may need some extra work.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    originally i thought the limit would be only one equipped but the gear has multiple slots which means the balancing is gonna be garbage and you might wear gear with worse stats just for the extra socket
    Possibly, but they specificially wanted these items so they had things that were good in the raid in particular, which suggests that they will have some limitations to their effectiveness elsewhere so they don't overshadow M+ gear in M+ or PvP in PvP, same as the PvP-gear getting an iLvl boost in PvP (didn't we have this before already?).

so the "leaked" release date for 9.1 does kinda work mainly because imo the raid testing will be over in about 4 weeks depending on if they keep the schedule going like they are right now and then two weeks until raid launch would be mid july which is what another streamer hinted at earlier. I am completely ok with this just so i can farm soul ash on my main and get my mage alt ready. This also means that flying will be unlockable for everyone on mythic week.

I just hope this is enough time for them to reevaluate their stance on some of these systems because the torghast rating system....no. You are encouraged to just quit the run once you hit 3 stars if you are trying to unlock the next layer

- - - Updated - - -

I don't mean different day because of weekly reset. I mean different day because they may need some extra work.

Possibly, but they specificially wanted these items so they had things that were good in the raid in particular, which suggests that they will have some limitations to their effectiveness elsewhere so they don't overshadow M+ gear in M+ or PvP in PvP, same as the PvP-gear getting an iLvl boost in PvP (didn't we have this before already?).
    yeah we had pvp scaling before but the masses complained and killed it.
    If the sockets only work in raid it is still gonna be a bit of an issue because you will have some with 4 sockets and some with 3 and unless the gems are so weak they dont matter then we are dealing with another corruption system

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    yeah we had pvp scaling before but the masses complained and killed it.
    If the sockets only work in raid it is still gonna be a bit of an issue because you will have some with 4 sockets and some with 3 and unless the gems are so weak they dont matter then we are dealing with another corruption system
    Well, remember that it's still an early design we're seeing. You might not be able to double up on one type.

Well, remember that it's still an early design we're seeing. You might not be able to double up on one type.
    see thats even more confusing unless its specifically for multiclass because afaik unless i missed some there seems to only be one per role
    ranged
    healing
    tank
    melee
    spellcasting

now if we cant double up (which according to the upgrade system of it is probably where we are heading) this means they are giving multiple slots so multispec works which is great but we also see some bonuses where "if you are wearing 3 or more of a single domination type you get a bonus" which is a tad concerning with the power creep that is going to be coming with that

Guys, breath a bit and listen.

Let's leave our emotions aside for a moment. Now let's compare 9.1 to 8.2, which has nearly the same size and scope of 9.1.

8.2 First PTR Build - 16th April 2019
    https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...es-april-16th/
    8.2 Release Date - 25th June 2019
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Patch_8.2.0

9.1 First PTR Build - 13th April 2021
    https://twitter.com/wowhead/status/1382083036817231876
    9.1 Expected Release Date - ??? (keep in mind covid and home-office)

I hope this helps.

Meanwhile, my lore-having ass tryna figure out who the fuck the First Ones actually are: ...Oh, everything's cooled down? That's a relief *Puts away goggles, archeology gear, books, pen and papers, etc*

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean if you pay attention to Blizz's sloppy attempts to hide it it's obvious at this point that it's May 18th for the BCC pre-patch, June 1st for Outland opening.

Even if they do push Outland back (But they wouldn't have a placeholder date in a hidden story on battlenet don't know why people insist it was a placeholder) it'll be in June. They need something for Q2 and 9.1 is probably not gonna be ready until July.
    Edit: June 1 release date confirmed, you were right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Even if you assumed Ion was straight up lying to our faces when he stated that 9.1 would be released before TBC...
    Do you remember when he said that? It's the first time I'm hearing this. All Ion said regarding release dates in the Preach interview was that 9.1 is not "a few weeks away" (implying that it's away at least well over a month). I'm not aware of any more official information about 9.1 / TBC release dates.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    Guys, breath a bit and listen.

Let's leave our emotions aside for a moment. Now let's compare 9.1 to 8.2, which has nearly the same size and scope of 9.1.

8.2 First PTR Build - 16th April 2019
    https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...es-april-16th/
    8.2 Release Date - 25th June 2019
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Patch_8.2.0

9.1 First PTR Build - 13th April 2021
    https://twitter.com/wowhead/status/1382083036817231876
    9.1 Expected Release Date - ??? (keep in mind covid and home-office)

I hope this helps.
    We we're always guesstimating a PTR of at least 8 to a maximum of 10 weeks (8.2 was 10 weeks on the PTR). This means 9.1 release on June 22. Give it another week and we'll have the July 1 release date.

What I find doubtful about this "leak" is that Blizzard is pre-planning a possible release date with their providers in China for over 2 months? Sounds like it's just a possible placeholder date and nothing set in stone.
    ________

On another note, both Diablo 2 and Diablo Immortal seem to release later this year. I guess DII is coming in Q4, most likely around November, so they have a huge release in that quarter already. 9.2 will most likely come in January in this case. Q3 seems to be the only one lacking a big release right now, so we're back to either TBC or 9.1 being the Q3 release?
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-05-06 at 05:16 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Idk if this was brought up, but there is a watchful raven NPC in Oribos that pops up from time to time.
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=176333/a...raven#comments
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...at_appears_in/

Classified as humanoid and is flagged as Kirin Tor as per wowhead comments and reddit.

Dadgar, is that you?
    Last edited by Raetary; 2021-05-06 at 12:30 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Idk if this was brought up, but there is a watchful raven NPC in Oribos that pops up from time to time.
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=176333/a...raven#comments
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...at_appears_in/

Classified as humanoid and is flagged as Kirin Tor as per wowhead comments and reddit.

Dadgar, is that you?
    Chadgar's always been with us. Chadgar was the friends we made along the way.

But nah, seriously, I wonder what he's thinking of right now, especially in regards to the Jailer and the Maw. He's probably like "I haven't felt power like this since Argus...when the Dark Titan came to destroy our world! Please Champion, save our world...I'll keep a close eye on your progress."

And it apparently flies off in the direction of Revendreth. Maybe due to the Dreadlord connection?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    And it apparently flies off in the direction of Revendreth. Maybe due to the Dreadlord connection?
    Or it was secretly a dreadlord spying on us.

/tinfoilhat
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Or it was secretly a dreadlord spying on us.

/tinfoilhat
    Hm.

Edgar Allen Poe wrote the poem, "The Raven". In it, the main character comes to dread the raven.

Dread. The raven almost commands dread. Like a lord. Dread Lord. Dreadlord.

Cogito ergo sum.

Okay, TBC is launching June 1, it's official. So weird they didn't announce it yesterday.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...2%84%A2/957167

So 9.1 probably won't be happening before the tail end of june or more likely july then.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Okay, TBC is launching June 1, it's official. So weird they didn't announce it yesterday.

That is actually genuinely shocking. We are still in Beta, and even with close to no need for testing new stuff that still means going from one version of testing to the next pretty much each week assuming we have to go from Beta to PTR to release candidate.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

That is actually genuinely shocking. We are still in Beta, and even with close to no need for testing new stuff that still means going from one version of testing to the next pretty much each week assuming we have to go from Beta to PTR to release candidate.
    Yeah, to be honest I am confused right now as well. Why didn't they just announce it on Tuesday before the shareholder meeting like they did with Shadowlands? Why did they say it's coming out in the next months?

1.5 weeks to pre-patch and just 3.5 weeks to TBC launch is so short... I mean, I'm happy that we're getting it soon, but this is really out of nowhere and unexpected.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post

Yep. You don't schedule a news post with a placeholder date.

- - - Updated - - -

There won't be a PTR for BC. Mark my words they will go right from Beta to RC.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)